• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Boys - Upper Division

Started by Radiotalker, December 15, 2014, 11:34:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiotalker

Schools and seeds for this year's holiday tourney: (single elimination)  Begins the 23rd

1. Valley View
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jonesboro Westside
4. Nettleton
5. Osceola
6. Riverside
7. Rivercrest
8. Manila
9. Cave City
10. Highland
11. Trumann
12. Hoxie
13. Tuckerman
14. Salem

I've always like this tournament. Not a fan of the format.   

pioneers

Valley view got a little home town special with the 1 seed. The one seed is definitely cedar ridge.

NEark tigers

Could someone explain to me why the Bulldog Nation of Earle is not in this tournament? Just asking...

Timberwolf08

Cedar beat VV in NEA Finals with the clock running. Not saying they'll do it again, but that should have given CR the one seed at least.

Silky Johnson

I think cedar ridge mercy ruled both valley view and Jonesboro Westside in the finals and semi-finals of the NEA last year.

Hogfan167

I have seen VV play this year and they are better than last year. CR should still be #1 seed I think.

doubled

From what I hear VV is salty this year I don't think they've lost a game. I like being the underdogs.

Head Lion

Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 17, 2014, 06:55:13 am
I have seen VV play this year and they are better than last year. CR should still be #1 seed I think.
+1, VV is better, but CR is still 10-12 points better on most nights.

pioneers

Cedar ridge could have a tough task in their second round game against rivercrest. I know rivercrest has chew and idk any after that. I think cedar ridge will once again prevail as the champion of this tournament.

Hogfan167

Rivercrest has been struggling so far. CR should roll.

Basketballfan13

How are rivercrest SG doing this year?

Paperman

Timberwolves from Cedar Ridge should be the number one seed. They simply always seem to want to put a Craighead County team in the top spot whenever possible. Nothing wrong with that, besides, it will all be settled on the court soon enough.

ISU7

December 20, 2014, 07:32:30 am #12 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:09:03 am by ISU7
Quote from: NEark tigers on December 16, 2014, 04:36:09 pm
Could someone explain to me why the Bulldog Nation of Earle is not in this tournament? Just asking...
Maybe because ya'll always opt out to play in Harrison, plus you're on the wrong forum my friend, this is 3A...lol.... :-X :-X

ISU7

December 20, 2014, 07:34:16 am #13 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:44:14 am by ISU7
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 18, 2014, 12:26:05 pm
How are rivercrest SG doing this year?
He went for 35pts 11 assts. in the Colts 88 to 72 win @ Osceola last night...

bootlegger

Rivercrest plays Cedar Ridge monday,Osceola plays nettleton and manila plays valley view monday also.

pioneers

Quote from: bootlegger on December 27, 2014, 12:19:22 am
Rivercrest plays Cedar Ridge monday,Osceola plays nettleton and manila plays valley view monday also.
Manila has already lost to VV twice this year so far and I expect them to compete but not win.
The cedar ridge rivercrest game will be a fun game to watch because both teams like to push the ball but in the end cedar ridge is just to good on defense and rivercrest will have a tough time stopping reaves I've got cedar ridge by 10-14.
The Osceola nettleton game is a toss up nettleton played poorly against tuckerman on Friday. If Osceola can put a good game together and not have spells of turnovers and bad play I think Osceola could win but I think nettleton wins by 6-10. All 3 have capabilities to be really good games should be a good day of basketball on Monday.

bootlegger

pioneers,i agree with assesments of these games but i guess anything can happen

TheHardTruth

I'll wager CR guards Tweet Chew really well and cruises. And Reeves plays big. Still gonna be fun to see two of 3A's premier players go head to head.

bootlegger

Cedar ridge beat Rivercrest 53 to 51 a great game

ISU7

Quote from: TheHardTruth on December 27, 2014, 03:52:06 pm
I'll wager CR guards Tweet Chew really well and cruises. And Reeves plays big. Still gonna be fun to see two of 3A's premier players go head to head.
CR won but they didn't cruise. You lose your wager. ..

bootlegger

Even with the loss chew was the best player on the court today

doubled

Quote from: bootlegger on December 29, 2014, 08:05:17 pm
he's good but not the best Reaves  showed why he's the man HE GOT THE WIN.

Nature Boy

Quote from: bootlegger on December 29, 2014, 07:25:54 pm
Cedar ridge beat Rivercrest 53 to 51 a great game

Can you imagine if Rivercrest's coach was any good.....

bootlegger

Osceola beat nettleton 61 to 57 another very good game

bootlegger

cedar ridge lost to westside to night by 14 dont guess reeves could hang with mickelson.mickelson was the man tonight cause he won i guess.

doubled

CR shot their first free throw of the game with 4 min left in the game u read into that what u want.  No excuses Cr didn't play well enough to win Westside played as a team really good. Good luck to them.

bootlegger

westside played great defense tonight without being overly aggressive.should be a great game tomorrow night

doubled

Quote from: bootlegger on December 30, 2014, 08:41:25 pm
westside played great defense tonight without being overly aggressive.should be a great game tomorrow night
Un real defense I would say and I mean unreal!!!!!###

doubled

Quote from: bootlegger on December 30, 2014, 08:15:03 pm
cedar ridge lost to westside to night by 14 dont guess reeves could hang with mickelson.mickelson was the man tonight cause he won i guess.
how many points chase have?

ISU7

ISU7

Quote from: doubled on December 29, 2014, 08:21:21 pm
Quote from: bootlegger on December 29, 2014, 08:05:17 pm
he's good but not the best Reaves  showed why he's the man HE GOT THE WIN.
Really lol  ??? :-X ;D 8)

ISU7

ISU7

Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D

Baller_34

Officiating has been very awful this year in the NEA

doubled

Quote from: ISU7 on December 31, 2014, 07:19:55 am
Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D
your right I guess I asked  for that :)   

bootlegger

Quote from: doubled on December 31, 2014, 08:40:24 am
Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D
doubled your just a passionate fan i understand ,im the same way.wish yall luck the rest of season

bdubyab60

Quote from: Baller_34 on December 31, 2014, 07:50:47 am
Its always pretty bad at this tourney. At least they are consistent with it.

Radiotalker

Quote from: bootlegger on December 31, 2014, 11:00:17 am
Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D
doubled your just a passionate fan i understand ,im the same way.wish yall luck the rest of season

he's a whiner

Radiotalker

Quote from: doubled on December 30, 2014, 08:25:21 pm
CR shot their first free throw of the game with 4 min left in the game u read into that what u want.  No excuses Cr didn't play well enough to win Westside played as a team really good. Good luck to them.

No excuses...hahahah  check out 1st sentence.  Heard the same crap when they lost to Jonesboro. I see a trend....you lose and find someone to blame it on. 

Radiotalker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 31, 2014, 11:11:18 am
Quote from: Baller_34 on December 31, 2014, 07:50:47 am
Its always pretty bad at this tourney. At least they are consistent with it.

I believe the coaches pick the officials.

doubled

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 31, 2014, 11:22:08 am
Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D

he's a whiner
I tell it like I see it. Just like when I said Osceola was Un disciplined team. All the talent in the world but that's all they have. 

Timberwolf08

First...I wasn't there last night so this is pure speculation, but my guess is CR got sloppy against a pretty good team. They're still trying to find their chemistry this year and have been very streaky despite their record. I will say, though, an all Jonesboro gate tonight will be nice for the tourney's profits...and if CR did get ripped on calls last night, it certainly wouldn't be the first time in that tournament. (Lookin' at you Nettleton game from two years ago.) But I don't imagine we got 15 points worth of bad calls.

Hogfan167

I was there and didnt care who won but CR did not get ripped by officials. Officiating was pretty bad as usual but no ripping going on. Westside was the better team.

Radiotalker

December 31, 2014, 12:24:37 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:21:10 pm by Radiotalker
Quote from: doubled on December 31, 2014, 11:51:52 am
Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D

he's a whiner
I tell it like I see it. Just like when I said Osceola was Un disciplined team. All the talent in the world but that's all they have. 

Anyone that knows anything about high school basketball at least in the northeast knows that's always been their style. now you're implying they are poorly coached?

Radiotalker

Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 31, 2014, 12:10:37 pm
I was there and didnt care who won but CR did not get ripped by officials. Officiating was pretty bad as usual but no ripping going on. Westside was the better team.

Westside was the better team......ouch!

doubled

[q ituote  autho. r=Hogf doan167 link=topic=140111.msg3115804#msg3115804 date=1420049437]
[/quote]no one said Cedar Ridge got ripped all that was said was Cedar Ridge didn't go to the foul line until 4 minutes left in the game read what you want into it. westside was The better team and deserves the win.

BoxNOne

I think Hogfan was responding to Timberwolf who said "and if CR got ripped on calls last night".

doubled

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 31, 2014, 12:24:37 pm
Quote from: doubled on December 31, 2014, 11:51:52 am
Lol +1 Bootlegger.... ;D

he's a whiner

Anyone that knows anything about high school basketball at least in the northeast knows that's always been their style. now you're implying they are poorly coached?
I said nothing about poor coaching sometimes u can have the best coach with kids that just don't get it or just do their own thing.

Batman44

I was there last night. As much as I wanted CR to win, they were just outplayed last night, as a team, and never got in sync, or in the flow. Hope they get things straightened out. I'll still pick Reaves and Crabtree for my team, they just need a little more help.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas