• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston Tigers Basketball

Started by tiger2016, November 03, 2014, 06:31:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckBB

December 03, 2014, 10:24:18 pm #50 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:35:50 pm by chuckBB
Lord...

BigMan15

Actually most of the games he has taken less than ten shots but he shoots around 6-8 free throws per game....for ur info he is shooting around 45% from 3pt 95% from free throw and 77% from two overall 62%overall shooting percentage...yes a little more info than most people wanted but since u guys cant seem to understand how someone could score 20ppg shooting 10 shots or less so there u go...

WPWells

Apparently free throws don't count as shots now...

NEA Razorback olfan

Sounds impressive , good luck to your son

sillyrabbit

Trust me, I can do the math on how to score 20+ with under 10 shots and if I couldn't I would definitely be asking someone else for help in that regard. I can't wait until Paris plays a competitive team so this ignorance can come to a halt. I would also like to point out again that I believe he is an alright player, but your accusations of him being one of the best in the 3a right now is more than a little farfetched. 

BigMan15

I just said he should be in the conveesation for top ten...and if u did know math why did u think it was so crazy to score 20 pts shooting....12th did u honestly think free throws count as shot attempts...

WPWells

No, 12th Man isn't stupid, but you were very misleading

BigMan15

Either way not a big deal...charleston looks good this year paris looks good tgis year which is good for our conference anyway...good luck to u guys and well see ya soon..

ProudMary

12th Man, do you really think it's cool to refer to yourself in 3rd person so much? I call it juvenile and egotistical.

WPWells

12th Man thanks you for the input. It has been noted and found that 12th Man doesn't care

WPWells

On the topic of the thread, Charleston falls to Van Buren (the #3 team in the state) 50-49. Charleston, ECS, Osceola, and Cedar Ridge are a clear top 4

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2014, 09:47:14 pm
On the topic of the thread, Charleston falls to Van Buren (the #3 team in the state) 50-49. Charleston, ECS, Osceola, and Cedar Ridge are a clear top 4

Osceola and CedarvRidge play tomorrow night.

WPWells

That will tell us a lot. 12th Man thinks that Charleston was very impressive by going to Van Buren's home court and giving them all they wanted

BoxNOne

Quote from: sillyrabbit on December 03, 2014, 05:07:54 pm
I understand you are proud of your son, but I think I speak for everyone that your lack of common sense and basketball knowledge is annoying.

+1 Getting old.

chucktownboys

Big man we saw your son last year we know what he's all about, go post on an eagle thread this is a place to talk about the Tigers not someone who can't do math. That is all, good day sir

adaptedtigerfan

This guys doesn't like basketball but I will venture over here and look to see what kinda stuff I can stir up.  But looks like there is a big enough spoon in this pot already....   For seeing a vacation before Christmas break for someone.

BigMan15

My apologies for all the talk and stats we can go back to topic...

WowAnArrowFan

Paris is decent this year because of fenner. Buts he's no super star. Lavaca held him to 12 points. I think number 20 for Paris is better then fenner(sorry if I'm spelling it wrong)

BigMan15

Check ur stats again Fenner had 25 in that game..as for the other part i will not talk negative about other player but we have more than one that can score in bunches...

TheHardTruth

Fenner is great, trust me. Saw him play Roland. He's a fantastic sophomore, anyone who tells you different isn't being honest.

Let's leave it at that.

Now back to Charelston. I know Taylor King will start when football ends, but what about Newhart? Mike Ward looked good to me. Kid can jump out of the gym.

WPWells

TheHardTruth

That's a scary team you've got over there in Chucktown then. Might have some trouble if anyone slows down Matthew Ward, but that's WAY easier said than done. I believe I've seen every team in your conference play now except Booneville. What do you figure your toughest conference games will be?

WPWells

TheHardTruth

I'll be surprised if either one of those beats you. Lamar doesn't have the firepower. Paris doesn't have the defense or size, but if they get hot they can make you nervous. Where's district this year for you guys?

WPWells

Charleston beats Pea Ridge 53-50 to take 3rd place in the Citizens Bank Invitational

TheHardTruth

Solid win, solid finish in a good tournament. Big game from Matt Ward I take it?

TheHardTruth

Just lost to 1A Scranton 55-44. Ugly loss.

chuckBB

I wonder how competent coach Ross is. He allowed #3 to shoot 22 points at half by letting Dillon guarding him.

TheHardTruth

Siebenmorgen kid can go. I couldn't believe Smith didn't just dominate. Seems like he always plays down to competition. Still, ought to be better when King and Newhart get back.

WPWells

Quote from: chuckBB on December 10, 2014, 07:21:51 pm
I wonder how competent coach Ross is. He allowed #3 to shoot 22 points at half by letting Dillon guarding him.

We get it, you don't like Coach Ross. You've made that known on here.

TheHardTruth

He had to put Ma. Ward on the Roby kid. Dude can go off for 50 (no exaggeration: dropped 52 on Alpena earlier this year).

chuckBB

December 10, 2014, 08:10:00 pm #81 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:29:45 pm by chuckBB
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 10, 2014, 07:32:04 pm
Quote from: chuckBB on December 10, 2014, 07:21:51 pm

We get it, you don't like Coach Ross. You've made that known on here.
I like coach Ross but I am doubting his ability to bring these kids to state final. He has tons of talents in this team but he doesn't seem to know what's going on sometimes. Why does he not work on Andrew. He is slow and had not score no more than 4 points for a while.

chuckBB

Quote from: TheHardTruth on December 10, 2014, 08:01:14 pm
He had to put Ma. Ward on the Roby kid. Dude can go off for 50 (no exaggeration: dropped 52 on Alpena earlier this year).
Matthew Ward guarded him in second half but Dillon should not guarded him. He is slow. I would stopped the game after #3 scored 2 three pointers.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TheHardTruth on December 10, 2014, 08:01:14 pm

In that Alpena game, Sibenmorgan had 27 and the rest of the team scored 3....

TheHardTruth

Last night:
Siebenmorgen- 30 points
Roby- 17
Everyone Else- 8

BigMan15

Who did the scoring for charleston

fbisgreat

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2014, 02:27:46 pm
12th Man expects Newhart to start
Not going to happen I set by his grandpa at the last football game.He said he was going to try and play BB this year but has a torn ACL and can't jump.

The Chief CL

December 24, 2014, 05:28:38 am #87 Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:38:17 am by The Chief CL
When are the mighty tigers going to come get a dose of us?
What's the deal Billy Jack?

You couldn't handle losing as a player so it would be really bad getting beat by little ol' CL as a coach.

I'm sure it would have been a great game the last few years.  I know that Charleston pretty much handled the series with ease the last few years of its existence.

Someone is scared to play and I'm guessing neither school could use the $ that this game would bring in.  Otherwise there is no reason these two teams shouldn't meet AT LEAST once a year.

I mean Charleston boys won't even get in a tournament that CL is in.  Yet the girls will?  What's up with that?

Come on Ross do us all a favor and give up a little pride and play CL!!

THE CHIEF HAS SPOKEN.

bobcats

Quote from: The Chief CL on December 24, 2014, 05:28:38 am
When are the mighty tigers going to come get a dose of us?
What's the deal Billy Jack?

You couldn't handle losing as a player so it would be really bad getting beat by little ol' CL as a coach.

I'm sure it would have been a great game the last few years.  I know that Charleston pretty much handled the series with ease the last few years of its existence.

Someone is scared to play and I'm guessing neither school could use the $ that this game would bring in.  Otherwise there is no reason these two teams shouldn't meet AT LEAST once a year.

I mean Charleston boys won't even get in a tournament that CL is in.  Yet the girls will?  What's up with that?

Come on Ross do us all a favor and give up a little pride and play CL!!

THE CHIEF HAS SPOKEN.

A lot of bad blood between these two teams.  I went to Charleston in the 70's and they didn't play then either.  So, this feud goes back a long ways.

The Chief CL

Are you saying that CL/Charleston didn't play in the 70's?

Did you sleep the entire time you went to school there?

WPWells

They cancelled the series due to fights. It has nothing to do with either side being scared

-Painted Fan-

No, they cancelled the series after the last game between the two (2004?) was a 100 point win for the Tigers.
It wasn't fun to watch, for either side.
I've heard it brought up (mainly from CL people) that think "hey, we have a good team this year. Let's play the Tigers".
Also, as for the girls, everyone knows that Charleston and CL were competitive in the girls games ONLY for about the last 10 years that they played. That was the reason you had to get to the gym 2 hours before tipoff or you might not get in. That was the reason the boys game was an afterthought.
CL people are all for the renewing of this- until they have to suffer through what they went through the last 10 years of series when they did play. Then they'll be wanting to drop it, just like they did the last 10 years of the series when they did play.

The Chief CL

Both games would be competitive and think of the $ for both schools.

-Painted Fan-

What happens when they stop being competitive?
The CL folks will hibernate until they "have a competitive team", and start it all up again. I say just let the past be the past.

The Chief CL

What if its Charleston losing?

Might want to loose the arrogance.

WPWells

Difference between being arrogant and telling it like it is

BigMan15

I would like to see them play this year but ur right painted fan most years this game would be a blowout...County Line has nothing to lose playing them but Charleston it would be a no win either way...complaints from playing a 1A school instead of playing up..

-Painted Fan-

How is this arrogant?
I was at that 100 point Charleston win.
That was when it ended. It stopped being fun. It stopped being competitive. It started being Charleston vs. Hartford, JC Westside, and Decatur in football (no offense to those schools). Sometimes, you just have to move on.
Everyone wants to relive the past, unless the past is something that shouldn't be relived.

The Chief CL

Easy there Paris boy. 

You have had your feelings hurt not once but twice this year.

sillyrabbit

You may think this game would be competitive, but let's be honest, this would be a 25+ point win by the Tigers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas