• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston Tigers Basketball

Started by tiger2016, November 03, 2014, 06:31:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 30, 2014, 10:20:27 am
Hayden and King both played, but you could tell both were clearly still in football mode

I don't think many people recognize the time it takes for the football players to get into 'basketball shape'.

BigMan15

I read that but i wanted to know about some people other than brewer and ward...not happened to smith...looked like skeets played good...who started?

WPWells

King, Lenihan, Ward, Skeets, and Smith. Other than Ward, Skeets was the best player for Charleston. He looked REALLY good

HorseFeathers

Hey County Line fans.....can we get at least one of you to come down to the 1A board to brag about the teams accomplishments this year? You can still come up here and but heads with Charleston, For the Record COunty line isn't even a top 4 team this year in 1A...(Bay, Emerson, Wonderview, Kirby are all ranked ahead in most opinions, and the first 3 have beaten County Line on the court)

The Dynasty

Quote from: HF on December 30, 2014, 11:02:06 pm
Hey County Line fans.....can we get at least one of you to come down to the 1A board to brag about the teams accomplishments this year? You can still come up here and but heads with Charleston, For the Record COunty line isn't even a top 4 team this year in 1A...(Bay, Emerson, Wonderview, Kirby are all ranked ahead in most opinions, and the first 3 have beaten County Line on the court)

Thank you HF!!!!!

Please County Liners take his advice.

adaptedtigerfan

With me having ties to both schools, I myself would love to see this matchup.  I haven't seen either team play this year.   I hear that the walking dead can beat either girls team....   But the boys game could possibly be a good game.   I would love to see CL beat the breaks off of Charleston.   Lol.        Big difference in football & basketball when it comes to this guys support.      Although I enjoy seeing both teams having success in the last few years.   

adaptedtigerfan

Well I guess my last post has ruffled some feathers among the Charleston faithful....    Let me publicly apologize....and clarify that the walking dead comment came directly from a Charleston person.  I said that I haven't seen a single basketball game from either school.  I never post on the bball threads due to the fact that I HATE basketball but was told there was some CL/CHS talk.  So I made my way here.   If I offended you I am sorry.   You will never read anything from me again on the basketball boards and could very well not find me on the football boards anymore either.

WPWells

Anyone who knows me knows the passion and love I have for Charleston Tiger athletics. If they were playing a ballgame in Africa I'd be purchasing my plane ticket right now. However, adapted's post from yesterday has been taken a little out of context so I'd like to address it:

1. He supports the Tigers in everything, but he also has some affinity to County Line. That's where he grew up and graduated from. It's not that he "hates" Charleston basketball, but his son doesn't play for the team, so he's not as deeply tied to the basketball team. Therefore, he feels that if Charleston and County Line were ever to meet up, it would be okay to root for County Line one time just for old time's sake.

2. Like his name says, he is an "adapted" tiger fan. He has jumped in with both feet and is an integral part of the community. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong

3. I haven't gotten a chance to see the girls team play this year due to conflicts, but I don't think adapted has either. I've heard that same comment that he made as well. Instead of letting it make you mad, use it to make you better! To any girls who see this post: I've heard you aren't very good. Now go out and prove me wrong!

4. I'm honored to call adapted a friend. I hope everyone who got upset over his post yesterday can see that he is a good man who didn't mean anything by it.

BigMan15

When is yalls make up games with danville and lamar??

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 31, 2014, 09:03:35 am

Thank you HF!!!!!

I do not talk trash on here nor will I do so during or after this statement.

These may be the two of the most unnecessary posts that I have ever seen.  You say something like this to a group of HIGH SCHOOL fans whose basketball program has a far better tradition and history than your own does?  I have watched high school basketball for several decades.  Charleston never had much success against County Line.  The Girls had some great games (dare we easily say "battles") in the early 90's.  The Boys games were usually County Line victories.  It's odd that they no longer play each other.  Everyone knows the rumors.  Who truly knows why?

Now, that being said, both schools have had success.  Both schools have had some great players.  Both schools have had some great coaches. Wyatt, Lloyd, Mankin, Sadler, Terry and several others come to mind.

BigMan15

The Dynasty

January 06, 2015, 01:01:26 pm #162 Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:03:05 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: StopTheMBHate on January 06, 2015, 11:33:42 am

Thank you HF!!!!!

These may be the two of the most unnecessary posts that I have ever seen.  You say something like this to a group of HIGH SCHOOL fans whose basketball program has a far better tradition and history than your own does?  I have watched high school basketball for several decades.  Charleston never had much success against County Line.  The Girls had some great games (dare we easily say "battles") in the early 90's.  The Boys games were usually County Line victories.  It's odd that they no longer play each other.  Everyone knows the rumors.  Who truly knows why?

Now, that being said, both schools have had success.  Both schools have had some great players.  Both schools have had some great coaches. Wyatt, Lloyd, Mankin, Sadler, Terry and several others come to mind.

First off if this is the most unnecessary post you've seen on here you must not get on here very much.

Secondly did you sleep through the late 90's and early 2000's. The Charleston boys dominated. Like not even close games dominated. Frankly that's why C'town could give two dimes about CL and that gets under the Indians skin badly.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 01:01:26 pm

Thank you HF!!!!!

First off if this is the most unnecessary post you've seen on here you must not get on here very much.

Secondly did you sleep through the late 90's and early 2000's. The Charleston boys dominated. Like not even close games dominated. Frankly that's why C'town could give two dimes about CL and that gets under the Indians skin badly.

+100 

The past is the past and that's great and all. However, that's where CL lives is the past. I graduated in 07 so obviously I don't remember 77 when CL was great, but trust me my dad (CL grad and bball player tells me all about it). What I do remember is the last games
Late 90's and 2000's it was a lopsided Tiger domination and the rivalry died period.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 01:01:26 pm

Thank you HF!!!!!

LOL.  You are so sadly mistaken.  Who won in the District Tournament in 1997 (which would qualify as you quoted, "late 90's")?  And frankly, that's when I left the area, but I remember that game.  I remember discussing the game with a somber player (initials MP) at your local eatery - the Dairy Diner I believe.   All-time record between the two?  You're right, who cares, but we both know that answer.  Also, check your school's history to see what happened at your school the first time Charleston finally defeated County Line.  I know Charleston people, I know County Line people, and I know people all across the area, and, to be completely honest, the only people that ever mention it... are you.

But that's okay.  You're biased, which is a good thing.  Being a homer is underrated.   

So you two may not want to compare history, BF, but since it's been brought up: Charleston may have done well in the very late 90's and the early 00's before the two quit playing.  But the 50's, 60, 70, 80's, & 90's all belong to the team that you're still talking about.  Enjoy your skin. 

The Dynasty

HeyMBhate neither myself or ChucktownTiger brought CL up initially in this thread. So slow your role a little. The only time CL crosses my mind is when I'm driving to Paris to watch Charleston dominate something. Furthermore I'm glad you left in 97. You missed some embarrassingly bad Indian teams. One that I personally took part in hanging 100 on. Literally if you were born in the last 15 years you've never witnessed a CL boys victory over C'town.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 02:17:57 pm
HeyMBhate neither myself or ChucktownTiger brought CL up initially in this thread. So slow your role a little. The only time CL crosses my mind is when I'm driving to Paris to watch Charleston dominate something. Furthermore I'm glad you left in 97. You missed some embarrassingly bad Indian teams. One that I personally took part in hanging 100 on. Literally if you were born in the last 15 years you've never witnessed a CL boys victory over C'town.
You're reading comprehension is poor and that's okay.  I'm not going to argue with you - it's not what I am about.  And how many times have CHS and CL played in the last 15-years?  Oh, that's right, they quit playing each other.  I'm glad that you remember your glory days.  Enjoy them, someday you'll be the dad talking about "Two Thousand and Something". 

Oh, and Go Tigers!

adaptedtigerfan

I said I wouldn't post on here anymore but I gotta know.....   Is stoptheMBhate a CL or CHS guy?    I'm confused.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 06, 2015, 02:43:47 pm
I said I wouldn't post on here anymore but I gotta know.....   Is stoptheMBhate a CL or CHS guy?    I'm confused.
He's unaffiliated, however he has supported both teams (as well as a few other area teams) for many, many years, and like you, is not a fan of the pretentious attitudes (over HIGH SCHOOL Basketball) that have been displayed by a few on here.  There are people on here that do not remember the true rivalry and the passion between the two schools.  Yes, it died as people matured.  In fact, in the early to mid-90's is about the time I remember it fading.  Many of the kids that were opponents at that time were actually good friends with each other. It was fun while it lasted.  Maybe someday the two can renew the series.  Until then, it's all message board fodder and witty banter. 

P.S.  It's fun getting "The Dynasty" riled up.  ;)

The Dynasty

You're not riling me up brah.

Actually they quit playing after the 04-05 season I believe. As far as me being a glory days guy I'm far from it. As a matter of fact my kiddos will need to ask their momma about basketball. She was way better than me.

Bottom line anyone under 35 from C'town don't think of CL as a rival they think of CL as that team we made our prom date for the better part of a decade. That's not cocky that's a fact.

adaptedtigerfan

I think that's what he was saying about everyone being friends.   

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 06, 2015, 04:13:30 pm
I think that's what he was saying about everyone being friends.

1) Dynasty speaks the truth. Mrs Dynasy could probably had taken him 1 on 1

2) Adapted, you know better than anyone that CL don't want none of Ctown!

Jabali

I have some kinfolk playing for CL in the younger ranks. Seeing Charleston vs County Line sounds good to me.

BigMan15

I still think it would be a good game..next year imo county line would win 20+ points

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 05:24:09 pm
I still think it would be a good game..next year imo county line would win 20+ points

Lol.....

CHSfan88

QuoteI know I dominated your alma mater with ease when I played. I actually think a couple times I didn't even need to wash my jersey.

The Dynasty, aka Slamma Jamma! Joe loved watching you guys.

The Dynasty

Quote from: CHSfan88 on January 06, 2015, 09:01:19 pm
QuoteI know I dominated your alma mater with ease when I played. I actually think a couple times I didn't even need to wash my jersey.

The Dynasty, aka Slamma Jamma! Joe loved watching you guys.

That he did.

StopTheMBHate

Good convo guys.  Thanks for the slap as well.   ;)

The Dynasty

Quote from: StopTheMBHate on January 07, 2015, 10:17:49 am

Glad you are enjoying it.

BigMan15

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 05:30:14 pm

Lol.....
So u think ctown would beat county line next year??

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 10:45:12 am

Lol.....

I think it's funny that you throw out a 20+ number on margin of victory. These kids will surprise some people the next couple of years. If you go off of how they played in junior high last year you are making a mistake. You also better not worry about CL beating C'town and worry about if Paris will. People seem to forget that C'town has been good for 15+ years now. That was before Ward. That was before Smith. They have done a great job in carrying on the success just like the underclassmen will do next in the years to come. You have to embrace and understand the process of success to fully know what I'm talking about. Maybe Paris can reach that point someday.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2015, 10:33:20 am
Quote from: StopTheMBHate on January 07, 2015, 10:17:49 am

Glad you are enjoying it.
I enjoy a lot of things.  Pretentiousness is one of them.  ;)

The Dynasty

Me, or anyone else for C'town for that matter, doesn't need to attempt to impress you. The numbers speak for themselves. Put down your old CL yearbooks and see how things have worked here in the 21st century.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2015, 11:21:18 am
Me, or anyone else for C'town for that matter, doesn't need to attempt to impress you. The numbers speak for themselves. Put down your old CL yearbooks and see how things have worked here in the 21st century.

Dude, chill.  You're losing a battle of words.  And did I ever state that  went to County Line, Charleston, and/or Paris?

I thought that we had reached a peaceful, adult conversational end, however, if you want to be immature, I'd be glad to stoop down and join you.  Find a ball.  Find a gym.  Find your post-game plate of crow.  Let's do it.

LOL.  Don't worry about doing the previous three today, however I may come into town soon.  I'll be in touch.

BigMan15

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2015, 11:00:01 am
Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 10:45:12 am

Lol.....

I think it's funny that you throw out a 20+ number on margin of victory. These kids will surprise some people the next couple of years. If you go off of how they played in junior high last year you are making a mistake. You also better not worry about CL beating C'town and worry about if Paris will. People seem to forget that C'town has been good for 15+ years now. That was before Ward. That was before Smith. They have done a great job in carrying on the success just like the underclassmen will do next in the years to come. You have to embrace and understand the process of success to fully know what I'm talking about. Maybe Paris can reach that point someday.

I am just going by what ctown loses this year and what ur gaining and same for county line...i wish they would play...county line is going to be really good for the next 3-4 years...Paris will also be really good for the next 3-4 years..unless ctown gets some move ins they will have a hard time although ctowns 7th grade class will be very good...

The Dynasty

Quote from: StopTheMBHate on January 07, 2015, 11:28:10 am

Dude, chill.  You're losing a battle of words.  And did I ever state that  went to County Line, Charleston, and/or Paris?

I thought that we had reached a peaceful, adult conversational end, however, if you want to be immature, I'd be glad to stoop down and join you.  Find a ball.  Find a gym.  Find your post-game plate of crow.  Let's do it.

LOL.  Don't worry about doing the previous three today, however I may come into town soon.  I'll be in touch.

I'm not even attempting to find that stuff. I wouldn't be able to work and I have kids and a wife to feed. Lol.

When you're in town I'll buy your lunch at Kats. Just give me a shout.

The Dynasty

C'town will be fine. They work hard and aren't afraid to play physical D. We will give people problems for those two reasons alone. Just like I stated before you don't understand the process.

BigMan15

Wait when u buying my lunch at kats???

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2015, 11:35:12 am
Quote from: StopTheMBHate on January 07, 2015, 11:28:10 am

I'm not even attempting to find that stuff. I wouldn't be able to work and I have kids and a wife to feed. Lol.

When you're in town I'll buy your lunch at Kats. Just give me a shout.

LOL.  Yeah, it sucks getting old.  My Dad told me after stopping by his house with a limp from a pickup game in my early 30's: "Son, you're older, you've got mouths to feed, and you'll never heal.  The dream is over."  Two MRIs later I finaly heeded his advice.

You're on for Kat's, Brother.  :)

I've enjoyed stirring on this thread - I'm off now.  I really do have work to do to feed the aforementioned mouths.  See you around, fellas.  Take care. 

The Dynasty

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 11:48:44 am

I'll be having a victory beer at East End Friday night. Come down. I'll buy you something that might help cure the sting of defeat.

DogsWin7

Lol!!  This thread is hilarious!   I have heard many stories about this rivalry....my father graduated from CL in the early 70's....keep hope alive is all I got to say....lol!!  :)

adaptedtigerfan

DogsWin7

Thanks.   You sure have been laying low.....where have you been?  Taking a break?     

I notice you stay out of the crossfire of the rivalry between Charleston and The Mighty County Line Indians.  ;) don't blame you!:)

BigMan15

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2015, 01:35:41 pm

I'll be having a victory beer at East End Friday night. Come down. I'll buy you something that might help cure the sting of defeat.

Lol....im not sure where that is even at...

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 02:45:17 pm

Come on BigMan!!!!! How about Mitch's?

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2015, 02:49:52 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 02:45:17 pm

Come on BigMan!!!!! How about Mitch's?

I'm in for Mitch's. Trust me Bigman, ur gonna need a brewskie after Fridays game! :)

The Chief CL

Wonder if Nobody's Darlins will be at west end or Mitch's.   

The Dynasty

Quote from: The Chief CL on January 08, 2015, 08:48:31 am
Wonder if Nobody's Darlins will be at west end or Mitch's.

3/5's of them will be at their lead singers house before the game. With those guys it is best not to ask what happens after that.....

DogsWin7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas