• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1E

Started by bobcats, September 29, 2014, 08:40:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcats

Next year is here, games are a couple weeks away.  Time to get everyone's predictions on how the conference will stack up and why.

1. Flippin - May have been the best team at the end of last season.  Most of that team returns.

2. Marshall - Dominating Jr high group have mixed in well with returning players plus the addition of a move in who will be the best point guard in the conference.

3. Valley - Will defend, if they can find a couple more scoring options could contend.

4. Yellville - Good guard play, but a lot of questions in the post.

5. Bergman - I have heard they are getting a couple of good players back who had quit playing.  Not sure how this will play out but we will see pretty soon.

6. Cotter - Good young group moving up.

7. Mtn. View - Tall kid returns but will he have any help?

8. Melbourne - Starting over.

9. Green Forest - Looks to have a long way to go.

Moonshiner

I have heard that the tall kid from Mtn. View has moved. And supposedly they didn't look too good this summer anyway.

HawgDaddy

There's no real difference between Yellville, Marshall, and Valley in my opinion.  It will come down to coaching and execution for those teams to separate.  The next group is probably the same as well.  I do not expect Melbourne or Green Forest to be very competitive.

1. Flippin - far and away

2a. Yellville
2b. Valley
2c. Marshall

5a. Bergman - only gained one back, the other one didn't make it.
5b. Mtn. View
5c. Cotter

8a. Melbourne
8b. Green Forest

DOCHOLLIDAY7

1. Flippin- returning talent
2. Valley Springs- will be a close race with tell ills and Marshall, but I believe that the coaching will be enough to give them an edge.
3. Yellville-Summit- scoring ability at the guard positions
4. Marshall- I considered putting them at the 3 or possibly the 2 spot, due to the talent of the junior high group coming up, but I feel like the more experinced teams will have a slight edge.
5. Bergman- the guard play is impressive from what I have seen, but they will lack a dominant post presence.
6. Mtn.view- good coaching, returning big man, but he won't have much help, at least that I know of.
7. Cotter- similar to Marshall, but not as dominant
8. Melbourne- lost everything
9. Green Forest- well, what can I say?

bobcats

Just heard Valley may be playing Bay in the Norfork tourney.  Can any Valley fans confirm this?

Googlymoogly

Yes, someone from the team told me they are playing Bay at the Norfork Classic, but I don't know if it is going to be on that Tuesday or Friday since Valley plays twice at Norfork that week.

bulldog42

Quote from: Googlymoogly on September 29, 2014, 11:21:04 pm
Yes, someone from the team told me they are playing Bay at the Norfork Classic, but I don't know if it is going to be on that Tuesday or Friday since Valley plays twice at Norfork that week.
It will be on Tuesday and looks like Valley is only playing once that week according to the Classic schedule. I posted it a few minutes ago and it is the most current schedule that I know of.

HeadTiger

September 30, 2014, 05:16:14 pm #7 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:18:00 pm by HeadTiger
1. Flippin
2. Valley
3. Yellville
4. Marshall
5. MV
6. Bergman
7. Cotter
8. Melbourne
9. GF

Ps. Spencer pollite is hands down the best PG in the league. I'll believe it when I see it. You predicted Marshall to win the conference last year

bobcats

September 30, 2014, 08:02:42 pm #8 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:05:30 pm by bobcats
Quote from: HeadTiger on September 30, 2014, 05:16:14 pm
1. Flippin
2. Valley
3. Yellville
4. Marshall
5. MV
6. Bergman
7. Cotter
8. Melbourne
9. GF

Ps. Spencer pollite is hands down the best PG in the league. I'll believe it when I see it. You predicted Marshall to win the conference last year

I went back and looked at my post from last year and found I didn't make a prediction about last years conference.  I just moved into the area last summer and didn't know enough about the teams.  I have no problem with fans being a homer, I sure didn't call out Valleys fans about touting their team as the best in the state last year when I could have.

Politte is a good pg, but the kid I am talking about can do everything he does plus he can shoot the three consistently.  Come check him out, first games are at Eureka 11/11 then we have Berryville at home on the 18th and Yellville at home on the 21st.  As I said Politte is a good player and I would never say anything negative about him.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bulldog42 on September 30, 2014, 12:40:07 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on September 29, 2014, 11:21:04 pm
It will be on Tuesday and looks like Valley is only playing once that week according to the Classic schedule. I posted it a few minutes ago and it is the most current schedule that I know of.
Yes they are. They had been playing twice at the Norfork Classic the last few years, but they've added four conference games this year due to Green Forest and Cotter joining the league. I guess they had to cut some games out somewhere

bobcats

Benefit games for non football schools start next week.  I know Bergman plays Monday, VS on Tuesday and Flippin on Friday.  Is Cottter playing a benefit game?

bulldog42

Well for the Non-Football schools basketball is finally here.  Looking forward to watching Flippin vs Norfork on Friday at 5pm at Flippin.  I would anticipate a good game, just not sure how good Norfork will be, they lost a lot but still have the younger Lewis and some other good pieces, but has a new coach.  Flippin returns all but 1 from last years team.  Good luck to all the teams this year.

bobcats

Quote from: bulldog42 on October 13, 2014, 07:15:25 am
Well for the Non-Football schools basketball is finally here.  Looking forward to watching Flippin vs Norfork on Friday at 5pm at Flippin.  I would anticipate a good game, just not sure how good Norfork will be, they lost a lot but still have the younger Lewis and some other good pieces, but has a new coach.  Flippin returns all but 1 from last years team.  Good luck to all the teams this year.

I heard the tall kid from Mtn View moved to Norfork.  He will make them better.

FreeMoney

Anybody up that way have a take on the Valley Springs - Shirley benefit game on Tuesday. Are Shirley's sophs as good as I've heard. Hard to win with sophs! Does Valley have anything left from last year. I figure they do or Taylor would have bolted for talent elsewhere

Bergman1820

Quote from: FreeMoney on October 13, 2014, 03:17:10 pm
Anybody up that way have a take on the Valley Springs - Shirley benefit game on Tuesday. Are Shirley's sophs as good as I've heard. Hard to win with sophs! Does Valley have anything left from last year. I figure they do or Taylor would have bolted for talent elsewhere

I won't be at the game,but I thought Valley boys looked good at the green and white game. They have Shearer,Scott,Hogue,Flud and Moorehouse. With some good players to sub in. I think they will compete with Flippin for the conference title. I think they will be able to beat Shirley's sophomores.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: vstigerz on October 13, 2014, 04:21:44 pm

I won't be at the game,but I thought Valley boys looked good at the green and white game. They have Shearer,Scott,Hogue,Flud and Moorehouse. With some good players to sub in. I think they will compete with Flippin for the conference title. I think they will be able to beat Shirley's sophomores.

How stable is that limb you're standing on?

ballmember

I would think Valley's strength should wear out sophomores, especially this early  in the year. 

Head Lion

Bobcat & VStigerz, I coach the 4-6 here at Manila and would love to bring my kids up that way and play some weekend. Could yall PM me some contact info for those coaches in your area. Thanks for your help.

oldtimer

The 3-A-1E will have two strong contender this year. Watch out comments to the controversy.

Bergman1820

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on October 14, 2014, 11:11:15 am
Quote from: vstigerz on October 13, 2014, 04:21:44 pm

How stable is that limb you're standing on?

It's pretty stable.

HawgDaddy

I see you mentioned several kids by name, but you didn't mention Leimberg or Saunders.  Are they hurt or out?

Bergman1820

Quote from: HawgDaddy on October 15, 2014, 10:10:15 am
I see you mentioned several kids by name, but you didn't mention Leimberg or Saunders.  Are they hurt or out?

I edited my post several times trying to make it sound right and in the process deleted the part with them in it. Leimberg and Saunders both played. Saunders looks like he has grown 2 feet the last couple of years. He has a good shot and plays hard on defense.

bobcats

What is going on at Flippin?  They are struggling right now.  I saw them play Alpena and while they won they did not look like they are on the same page.  Last night they lost to Norfork, that should not happen.

Bergman1820

Quote from: bobcats on November 01, 2014, 07:38:20 am
What is going on at Flippin?  They are struggling right now.  I saw them play Alpena and while they won they did not look like they are on the same page.  Last night they lost to Norfork, that should not happen.

Maybe some things coming before basketball is what I heard. I am sure they get it together soon. I still see Valley Boys right in the mix for the district title and tournament championship.

ATU

Last year I watched VS in state game and I'm pretty sure they started 5 srs.And one had like 40 points did they get some new players or just some boys getting playing time this year that could'nt last year.

Basketballfan13

Valley is a program that replaces not rebuild from what I can see. This years team shouldn't be as good but by tournament time they will be a tough team to beat.

bobcats

I know it is early, but I have seen Valley, Bergman and Flippin so far this year.  The conference is down even more than I thought it would be.  Bergman is really small and depending on a 10th grader for offense.  Valley will be ok until they play a good defensive team that won't let them get to the rim.  I still think Flippin will win the conference, but they are going to lose some games if they don't get it together.  Anxious to see Yellville play in a couple of weeks.  That being said, I hear Cotter beat a pretty good Eureka Springs team, so you never know.

Moonshiner

Cotter will sneak up on somebody this year.  They aren't pretty but I saw them this summer and they don't quit.  Hard to say that Flippin shouldn't lose to Norfork.  They just beat them by 5 or so a couple weeks ago at home.  Norfork is a solid A program.

lorettalynn

The Norfork coach is a legend in southern Arkansas .

Bergman1820

Quote from: lorettalynn on November 02, 2014, 10:06:37 pm
The Norfork coach is a legend in southern Arkansas .

Who is he?

lanecamper54

Clancy Laymon from Parkers Chapel

lorettalynn

My sr girls beat Yellville by sr boys beat Yellville by 13

yellowjackethooper

I thought this score would be closer from 2 of the supposed to be top 4 teams in the league. Still early though. Excited for the season. Ready to see MV and Melbourne with all theirs out of FB

bobcats

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on November 22, 2014, 12:15:14 pm
I thought this score would be closer from 2 of the supposed to be top 4 teams in the league. Still early though. Excited for the season. Ready to see MV and Melbourne with all theirs out of FB

The game was not as close as the score indicates.  Marshall led by over 20 for much of the 2nd half.  Also, neither team played well.  I guess that is expected as it was the 3rd game for both teams.  They both have a lot of cleaning up to do before they play the non football teams who have been playing for a month.

bobcats

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on November 22, 2014, 12:15:14 pm

Speaking of Melbourne, I hear they have a new player who is like 6'7" 250+.  Is that true?

lorettalynn

if guy is that big run him down

yellowjackethooper

i would like to get some conference standings going on here. Know it's kinda Flippin, valley, Marshall, Yellville and everyone else.... But would like to get some standings and chatter and opinions.

lorettalynn

got to ktlo web page

TheHardTruth

Quote from: bobcats on November 01, 2014, 07:38:20 am

Well, Alpena can score in bunches. That keeps them in games against otherwise better teams. And don't think that Norfork is some scrub just because it's a small school. It's a long season, Flippin still has time to settle in and find their groove.

bobcats

Anyone know the up to date conference standings?  I know Marshall boys are 5-1, Flippin is unbeaten, VS has one loss and YS has two loses.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bobcats on December 17, 2014, 05:55:44 pm
Anyone know the up to date conference standings?  I know Marshall boys are 5-1, Flippin is unbeaten, VS has one loss and YS has two loses.
www.boonecosports.com

bobcats

Quote from: Googlymoogly on December 17, 2014, 07:18:33 pm
Quote from: bobcats on December 17, 2014, 05:55:44 pm
www.boonecosports.com
Thanks

bulldog42

KTLO website and boonecosports has the updated conference standings.  Here is the link to KTLO

http://imgsrv.ktlo.com/image/ktlo/UserFiles/File/PDF/Sports/2014-153A-1Eastbasketball1-8-14.pdf

Just a quick overview in the Girls is it 1. Valley Springs (19-5, 8-0), 2. Bergman (22-4, 7-1), 3. Mt. View (4-2), 4. Flippin (15-8, 4-3).
Boys:  1.  Flippin (20-5, 7-0), 2. Valley Springs (16-8, 7-1), 3.  Marshall (13-3, 6-1), 4.  Yellville-Summit (9-4, 5-2)

bulldog42

Big game tonight on the boys side as Marshall travels to Flippin, and may also be big game on girls side as it could effect the seeding from 3 to 5. 

BigMan15

Should be a great game..

bulldog42

Here is the current standings for the 3A1E.  Most Teams have 6 games left.  You can also find the rankings on http://www.boonecosports.com/

Girls: Valley Springs (10-0), Bergman (8-1), Mt. View (7-3), Flippin (6-4), Melbourne (5-5), Yellville-Summit (5-5), Marshall (3-7), Cotter (1-10) and Green Forest (0-10)

Boys: Flippin (10-0), Valley Springs (9-1), Marshall (8-2), Yellville-Summit (6-4), Melbourne (4-6), Bergman (3-6), Mt. View (2-8), Cotter (2-9) and Green Forest (1-9).

Big game tomorrow on boys side as Valley plays at Marshall.

bulldog42

Big game tonight on the Boys side as Valley travels to Marshall. 

bobcats

I expect a great atmosphere.  Marshall seems to be one of the few 3A schools left with a older gym which has the fans right on the court.

bulldog42

Quote from: bobcats on January 20, 2015, 10:48:07 am
I expect a great atmosphere.  Marshall seems to be one of the few 3A schools left with a older gym which has the fans right on the court.
Yeah and I think after the meeting between the schools at Valley that the Marshall fans and kids are all fired up for this one.  I expect the same thing next Thursday when Flippin comes to town.  Marshall has a good student section,and like you side they are right on the court.  Good luck tonight. And keep us posted on the scores.

HeadTiger

Good luck to Marshall. A win against valley would do wonders for yalls program! Haven't beat them since 2011. I think valley will get the dub but Marshall is a tough environment to play in. Student section/crowd gives them like a 10-0 start to the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas