• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

These teams actually played for playoff seeding?

Started by beach bum, August 28, 2015, 09:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

I was on maxpreps and started coming across teams that shocked me were in the same conference as of just less than 10 years ago. The ones in 2005 have a lot to do with it was the last year of four football classifications. The others and some of those are because of the rapid population gain or decline. It just shocked me that these were actually teams this recently in the same conference playing for a playoff spot against each other. If you have any others to add feel free. I just wanted another topic to pass the time for 6 more days!!!!!!!!!

-Lafayette County & Dequeen/Nashville/Mena/Ashdown (2005)

-Mountainburg & Shiloh/Pea Ridge (2007)

-Mountainburg & Lincoln (2009)

-Union Christian & Farmington/Prairie Grove/Gravette (2007)

-Harding Academy & Hughes/Elaine who don't even have schools anymore (2005)

-Arkansas Baptist & Hector/England/Carlise (2005)

-Hector & Pottsville (2007)

-Brinkley & Gosnell/Trumann (2005)

-Riverview & Brinkley/England (2009)

-Cabot & Forrest City/Sylvan Hills (2005)

-Magnet Cove & Bauxite/Fountain Lake (2009)

-Bauxite & England/Rison (2007)

-Charleston & Decatur/Mountainburg/Hackett/JC Westside (2005)

HorseFeathers

Dude...hector was in a conference with lr christian and arkansas baptist not that long ago...

I don't think elaine had a school in 2005.

Union christian got shafted by the multiplier...

And if you look back pre2006,-the power house 2a schools of the time are mostly 3a schools now

beach bum

The LR Christian and Hector one is crazy for sure. I know my little brother's senior year when Union Christian came to Prairie Grove they had like 16 kids. I was thinking why on Earth are they even here. They handled the other sports just fine because UCA's best athlete ever by far came through around that time. If he came through now he would give the 4-2A another team. And Charleston wouldn't even break a sweat if they went back to the old system considering how they breeze through 3A now.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 28, 2015, 09:28:23 pm
The LR Christian and Hector one is crazy for sure. I know my little brother's senior year when Union Christian came to Prairie Grove they had like 16 kids. I was thinking why on Earth are they even here. They handled the other sports just fine because UCA's best athlete ever by far came through around that time. If he came through now he would give the 4-2A another team. And Charleston wouldn't even break a sweat if they went back to the old system considering how they breeze through 3A now.

Wouldn't say they "breeze" through 3a but they are on a run

You should go and look at the conferences it's the early 90's sometime...lot of 5a schools used to be in the small classes

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 09:30:14 pm

I wish they had the old arprepcountry or whatever that was called. There was stuff back forever it felt like.

Wouldn't say they "breeze" through 3a but they are on a run

You should go and look at the conferences it's the early 90's sometime...lot of 5a schools used to be in the small classes

BigLion10

I remember england playing PA CAC Lonoke Dollarway Brinkley and Dewitt in conference in early 2000s

Proud Buckaroo

Your best route now is to get the Leland book, or just message him on here.

WPWells

I've been meaning to get Leland's book for forever now and just never remember when I'm in a position to do it.

Lionheart88

Scottie Pippen?

tmycjy

Here one from 2001 4 - A east witch is now 5 -A east

Wynne
Osceola
Newport
Paragould
Green county tech
Marion
Nettleton
Batesville

Legend

I remember when Jacksonville use to be in the biggest classification now they are 5a with Clarksville

beach bum

I love hearing my dad talk about when he moved to Farmington his senior year in the 70's and they were a B-school then with teams like Saint Paul, Winslow, and Kingston. His first 17 years he lived on the west coast so going to those little towns for road games was the biggest culture shock you can imagine after living in Oregon in the 70's.... Farmington in the smallest class is a funny thought.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas