• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado Girls and Boys

Started by suprstr30, August 03, 2015, 05:44:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

suprstr30

Apparently El Dorado's girls are supposed to be very good this year!  In the local paper Coach Harshaw has even stated that they should win state if everyone stays healthy and continues to work hard.  I know they have a couple of very good players in Tasheanna Armstrong and Mekaylan Hicks and a lot of fast decent sized kids that have apparently gotten much better over the summer acccording to the News Times.  Not sure who else is supposed to be any good this year in girls 6A.

As for the boys they return pretty much everybody including Razorbak commit 6"10 Daniel Gafford and some very good guards.  They had a lot of drama and personal issues last year but maybe that wont be a problem this year.  Parkview is still the clear favorite, but El Dorado boys should definitely be considered a contender.

AT

Quote from: suprstr30 on August 03, 2015, 05:44:38 pm
Apparently El Dorado's girls are supposed to be very good this year!  In the local paper Coach Harshaw has even stated that they should win state if everyone stays healthy and continues to work hard.  I know they have a couple of very good players in Tasheanna Armstrong and Mekaylan Hicks and a lot of fast decent sized kids that have apparently gotten much better over the summer acccording to the News Times.  Not sure who else is supposed to be any good this year in girls 6A.

As for the boys they return pretty much everybody including Razorbak commit 6"10 Daniel Gafford and some very good guards.  They had a lot of drama and personal issues last year but maybe that wont be a problem this year.  Parkview is still the clear favorite, but El Dorado boys should definitely be considered a contender.

Kind of interesting to see how 6A turns out in boys this year isn't it?

Can Pine Bluff be more than a one hit wonder? El Dorado has the talent, will they utilize it? Parkview and Jonesboro always reload.

Alma loses a bunch of key players, but has a good system in place where they are almost at the point of just reloading every year.

Silky Johnson

Jonesboro should be pretty good again. Ironically they finally get over the hump and beat parkview, who had only lost 1 game all year, then they get out worked by a team who barely had a winning record this year.

Dragon77

JHS and the one loss Parkview team, did not meet this past season. Pine Bluff eliminated Parkview from the tourney.

SouthPa

Pretty bold statement by the ElDo girls coach to say they should win the championship.  Lots of ball to be played first, and I would say teams like Greenwood, Russellville, Benton and Pine Bluff will have a lot to say about that.  Hicks and Armstrong are good players but it usually takes more than just two.  I see El Do as a front runner in their league but the South will be very balanced this year.  Parkview, Pine Bluff, Benton and Sheridan all have pretty good players too.  Will be a fun season I think, with the winner having 2 maybe 3 losses.

Silky Johnson

I know who JHS played this year. I was talking about the fact that they lost in 2OT to parkview then an unlikely last second shot to LR Hall the next year. They beat parkview when they really weren't picked to in 2014 then playing PB this year it seemed as though the title was the Hurricanes.

Dragon77

Ahh, now I understand.  :)     

Blindsided

The South girls will be a toss up, with El Dorado and Parkview being a tad ahead of Pine Bluff and Sheridan.  Lake Hamilton lost their best and only player (Murray moved to Bearden).  The Lady Wolves will be decent, but very young.  Benton lost two All-State players.  LR Hall lost all their scorers, so they should be down.  Texarkana was young last year, but not very talented.  I see it finishing out like this:

El Dorado or Parkview wins the league.
Pine Bluff and Sheridan finish 3 or 4.
Benton and LH are 5 or 6.
Hall and Texarkana 7 or

SouthPa

Don't see it the same as you Blindsided.  I've got it like this:

1.  LR Parkview - the Lady Patriots reload every year.
  2.  El Dorado - Harshaw will have the Lady Cats playing at a high level.
  3.  Benton - They play defense and that alone will give them a chance.
  4.  Pine Bluff - Athletic team returning; need to improve on perimeter.
  5.  LR Hall - Lost too much to contend this year.
  6.  Sheridan - Very big team, but no guard play.
  7.  Lake Hamilton - Too young this year, but will have a nice arena.
  8.  Texarkana - Struggles continue in SW AR.

TheMercenary

December 04, 2015, 12:49:08 pm #9 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:52:52 pm by TheMercenary
So how have the girls done so far? 
Just wondering, they're coming to Fort Smith next week.

BTW, Hall is WAY, WAY, WAY down.......unreal how down they are compared to the last three years......like, might not win a game down!

Razorback Red

I saw the ED boys play last night and will see them again tonight.  #5 is a scorer; he can get hot and score quickly.  Only 1 game, but I felt like ED took a lot of bad shots and shot too quickly at times.  Saw several trips where they put up a quick jumper before Gafford was all the way down court to rebound. 

Overall, they have speed and athleticism and will be tough to beat if they take good shots.  They will need to get Gafford more involved against better teams. 

I think they win tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mills gives them a scare. 

TheMercenary

Northside girls beat El Dorado by 32 pts.
Mercy rule in effect with 5 min to go.
58-26 LadyBears scored every way possible, whenever they wanted.

AHS06

Quote from: SouthPa on September 29, 2015, 04:11:55 pm
Don't see it the same as you Blindsided.  I've got it like this:

1.  LR Parkview - the Lady Patriots reload every year.
  2.  El Dorado - Harshaw will have the Lady Cats playing at a high level.
  3.  Benton - They play defense and that alone will give them a chance.
  4.  Pine Bluff - Athletic team returning; need to improve on perimeter.
  5.  LR Hall - Lost too much to contend this year.
  6.  Sheridan - Very big team, but no guard play.
  7.  Lake Hamilton - Too young this year, but will have a nice arena.
  8.  Texarkana - Struggles continue in SW AR.
Our girls (Texarkana) are much more improved and will most likely finish somewhere in the middle of pack in the South this year.  They are playing in the KSA Florida National Tournament in Orlando next week.

The Boys will be a lot better also, they're playing really well to start the season.

SouthPa

The South (Girls) is looking like all El Dorado.  They look like the only team that can score.  Pine Bluff, Parkview, and Benton are not scoring any points.  I've been seeing these teams score in the twenties and thirties, while ElDo is in the 50s and 60s.  I don't know all the details about why, I'm just looking at scores in the paper and on FF.  I did hear that Benton has had a rash of season ending injuries to like three of their top players and that their post player who signed with Ark. Tech has quit the team.  LR Hall is also down.  What about Sheridan?  Lake Hamilton?  Someone in the know needs to give us a report on the South.

cardinalsfan

You can find all of the teams records and scores on maxpreps.

bleudog

January 22, 2016, 09:16:27 am #15 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:18:19 am by bleudog
ESPNU is scheduled to air the Bentonville vs. El Dorado game as part of the GEICO ESPN High School Basketball Showcase at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 22.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2016/01/20/espnu-to-air-bentonville-vs-el-dorado-high-school-basketball-game/

bleudog

sevenof400

Quote from: cardinalsfan on December 15, 2015, 08:31:08 am
You can find all of the teams records and scores on maxpreps.

Well, some of them anyway. 
Perhaps.
If they have been reported....

The whole 'required' reporting of scores by AAA has been a fiasco. 

bleudog

EDNT second post Bentonville game article:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas