• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on AA girls for 2015-2016

Started by Yak, March 12, 2015, 09:40:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JJYahoo

I will go out on a limb and say that England girls WON'T win a state championship

BigLion10

We have as good a chance as any. JC Westside and Marmaduke both come to england this year for bug early season tests to see what the season will look like

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 10, 2015, 04:01:35 pm
We have as good a chance as any. JC Westside and Marmaduke both come to england this year for bug early season tests to see what the season will look like

Is hector still on the schedule?

BigLion10

Not this year next year they'll play each other again

Cheek

Quote from: JJYahoo on August 10, 2015, 03:24:04 pm
I will go out on a limb and say that England girls WON'T win a state championship

36 post and already trying to start trouble.  I doubt you know anything about the England girls team for this year.  The fact that they played in the finals  last year. and  return 95 percent of their scoring.  The fact that they go 11 deep and their second team would qualify for regionals in most districts. The fact that England has played in 3 of the last 5 finals.  The fact that England girls have won 5 state titles and 2 runner-ups.  I will not go out on a limb like Clarendon and say we will win the state title, but if we play our best every game, I like our chances. 

MomaLion

No real posters from Clarendon ever said we'd win the title...just that there was a chance..it was other posters that kept saying it was ours to lose....just clarifying.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on August 12, 2015, 12:31:47 am
No real posters from Clarendon ever said we'd win the title...just that there was a chance..it was other posters that kept saying it was ours to lose....just clarifying.

Sorry Momalion,  I should not have used Clarendon as an example.

MomaLion

BigLion10

I got England and JC Westside as the early season championship game predictions

thabeast428

Junction city girls will be tough this year...

SoftballCrazy

Heard JC Westside was losing their coach... Anyone know what is up? Is the job open?

Cheek

Quote from: SoftballCrazy on August 16, 2015, 06:48:25 pm
Heard JC Westside was losing their coach... Anyone know what is up? Is the job open?

it must have been a great job opportunity.  He has very talented group returning this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on August 16, 2015, 08:34:02 pm
Quote from: SoftballCrazy on August 16, 2015, 06:48:25 pm

it must have been a great job opportunity.  He has very talented group returning this year.

Must have...because he's been there since before the last good group they had in 08ish...(the year they ran the table in the regular season, then had some untimely injuries and bad luck in the post season)

bighurt411

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 15, 2015, 07:55:25 pm
[/quote
JC Westside has 4 starters returning and 7 of our top 8 overall. Not all starters returning like some of you are saying but I think we will be OK. We beat the defending class 3A champs and the 4A runners up in summer camps, and also played some very tough competition in the Branson camp with larger schools where we went 6-3.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bighurt411 on August 17, 2015, 03:57:19 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on August 15, 2015, 07:55:25 pm
[/quote
JC Westside has 4 starters returning and 7 of our top 8 overall. Not all starters returning like some of you are saying but I think we will be OK. We beat the defending class 3A champs and the 4A runners up in summer camps, and also played some very tough competition in the Branson camp with larger schools where we went 6-3.

What's up with your coach though

SoftballCrazy

I heard today the Westside coach had his job terminated??? Hope it isn't true

HorseFeathers

I had heard that he had been on administrative leave for a while....

Cheek

This does not sound good.  It is kind of late to find a new Coach.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on August 17, 2015, 09:28:31 pm
This does not sound good.  It is kind of late to find a new Coach.

Same place I heard the administrative leave from said they expected the boys coach to be stuck with the slack

MikelB

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 15, 2015, 06:27:26 pm
Yes definitely a huge impact for both teams if that is who it is. Looking at last year's roster she is the only Krystan on the sr high roster. Possibly a different girl from jr high. I'm sure one of the rivercrest fans would know if this was true or not.
Yes she started school at EPC yesterday.  Tull decided to stay at Marked Tree from what I understand since they picked up a new coach and player from Memphis.

RedWolf275

MikelB

RedWolf275

August 18, 2015, 01:31:21 pm #122 Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:44:59 pm by RedWolf275
She is a good addition for EPC and I believe she is only a jr. What about EPC's gaurd play? I was thinking they lost a lot there.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 18, 2015, 01:31:21 pm
She is a good addition for EPC and I believe she is only a jr. What about EPC's gaurd play? I was thinking they lost a lot there.

They look pretty decent from what I've seen, they were a fairly young team last year with several sophomores. I know they lost Ward and Phillips but Ward has a younger sister that is a soph. Plus adding Vornes to the mix with Hinson and Garrett they should be really strong inside.

MikelB

Does anybody know anything about the new Marked Tree coach, as far as what experience she's bringing to the team?

Silky Johnson

I think her father is Stan Fowler if who I'm thinking is the new coach is correct.

RedWolf275

I think Sammi Fowler is Head Girls coach at Manila. Saw this on 3A forum.

Cheek

Quote from: MikelB on August 18, 2015, 10:46:36 am
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 15, 2015, 06:27:26 pm
Yes definitely a huge impact for both teams if that is who it is. Looking at last year's roster she is the only Krystan on the sr high roster. Possibly a different girl from jr high. I'm sure one of the rivercrest fans would know if this was true or not.
Yes she started school at EPC yesterday.  Tull decided to stay at Marked Tree from what I understand since they picked up a new coach and player from Memphis.

Are these young ladies physically changing addresses.  It is not that easy to move and stay eligible with the AAA.

bdubyab60

We've had our share of transfers. If she is eligible she will play. If not then she won't.

Basketballfan13

Can anyone actually confirm that the vornes girl is at epc? I've heard from different people that she is there and others that say that she stayed at rivercrest.

birddawg1986

Yes... Marked Tree has new coach. Fowler is HC at Manila. Coaches Graves is the ladies name. She coached in Memphis for 4-5 years then Hughes the last 2. MT has picked up 3 Sr transfers to help ease the lost of graduating 4 Srs. Two are really good to go along with Tull. Might not be a rebuilding year at MT after all.

Cheek

Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 20, 2015, 07:35:09 am
Yes... Marked Tree has new coach. Fowler is HC at Manila. Coaches Graves is the ladies name. She coached in Memphis for 4-5 years then Hughes the last 2. MT has picked up 3 Sr transfers to help ease the lost of graduating 4 Srs. Two are really good to go along with Tull. Might not be a rebuilding year at MT after all.

It will be hard for MT to replace their post player from last years team. She could really control the paint and score when she wanted to.

BigLion10

Sounds like mt may be pretty tough this year

MSHS FAn

BigLion10

August 21, 2015, 02:01:43 pm #134 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:03:45 pm by BigLion10
Boys should be good too MS!

BigLion10

NEAscout100

Sloan-Hendrix girls will be good.. Returning all 5 and lost to a good Marked Tree team last year in regionals.  They had them up 16 or so in the first half.. They should be pretty good though.

MSHS FAn

Mineral Springs returns 7 or 8 from last years team!

Cheek

Quote from: MSHS FAn on August 24, 2015, 07:37:24 pm
Mineral Springs returns 7 or 8 from last years team!

MS had a good team last year.  Who beat them out at State.

Silky Johnson

RedWolf275

BIC girls also put MS out I believe. It was a pretty close game.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on August 27, 2015, 11:05:13 am
BIC girls also put MS out I believe. It was a pretty close game.
That's right score was 43 - 39

bighurt411

There are a lot of very good 2A girls teams this year. Should be a very exciting season.

Bildo

September 08, 2015, 09:33:25 am #143 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:29:12 pm by Bildo
The Carlisle Lady Bison are returning all 5 starters that include 4 All-Conference players, one of which made All-State. They also have players moving up from Jr. High that played on last year's undefeated Conference and District Tournament Championship team. Like last year, have only one senior. Should make some noise this year and the future is definitely bright...

JJYahoo

I say that Carlisle Lady Bison make the state tournament this year.  Anything can happen once you are there!

Bildo

Cheek

Quote from: JJYahoo on September 09, 2015, 11:54:02 am
I say that Carlisle Lady Bison make the state tournament this year.  Anything can happen once you are there!

I think they should make State.  It would be a lot easier if they finish as the one seed from the 6AA.  England and Mountain Pine return really good teams.  Poyen should be good followed by Magnet Cove and Mt Ida.

BigLion10

You're right anything can happen when you make it state

Bildo

Their first two games of the season are against Lonoke and Poyen. That should provide the answers to a lot of questions...

Cheek

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas