• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harbaugh to Michigan

Started by Mr_Deb, December 29, 2014, 07:31:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

Lionheart88

Quote from: devil_kid on December 29, 2014, 07:39:35 pm

A comedian wearing a Michigan Football shirt has been remarkably appropriate the last few years.

zebradynasty

Great hire! I think paying a college coach that type of money isn't good for college football but if a school is willing to pay it... :-\

Moonshiner

Is my math correct?  Will he be making $22,000 per day?

Mr_Deb

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12097742/jim-harbaugh-introduced-michigan-wolverines-football-coach

Michigan interim athletic director Jim Hackett confirmed that Harbaugh signed a seven-year deal worth $5 million per year -- the same salary he received with the Niners. Harbaugh also received a $2 million signing bonus, according to Hackett.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 29, 2014, 07:43:52 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on December 29, 2014, 07:39:35 pm

A comedian wearing a Michigan Football shirt has been remarkably appropriate the last few years.

Times are changing it's now officially tool time with Harbaugh as head coach.

Suspect they'll be adding a 12th championship here soon... 

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: devil_kid on December 30, 2014, 05:56:26 pm
Suspect they'll be adding a 12th championship here soon... 
I thought they were still in the Big 10?

Romeo

Michigan is going to turn into the next Alabama.

wildcat_x-mgr

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-michigan-wolverines-football-schedule.php

I'm calling it now, the winner of the Ohio State/Michigan game next year gets into the Final Four with an undefeated record. What happens in the playoff is anyone's guess, but they'll be there for sure.

That Michigan/UNLV game looks intriguing too. One school pulled a coach down from the NFL, the other pulled one up from a local high school.... These two should have a lot to talk about.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Romeo on December 30, 2014, 07:28:02 pm

Miracles do happen

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

As in winning 3 out of 5 (possibly 4 out of 6) national championships?

Uncle Ivan

Appears next year's inexplicable Harbaugh loss may be at Maryland.  Or Rutgers, perhaps.

Uncle Ivan

In other news, Arkansas has a 2018-19 series with Michigan. 

sevenof400

Whoa there big fella!

Michigan has all the resources necessary to compete on the national level but even Harbaugh is going to need some time to purge the chaff from the program.  This will be interesting to watch though..

Romeo

What's the most important aspect of a football program? recruiting. According to reports from recruiting insiders, all the talk from recruits at the all-american game practices was about Harbaugh. There's already been some top recruits that have moved Michigan to the top of their list. I would be very surprised if Michigan doesn't finish at least in the top ten in recruiting annually. I don't think he has that big of a rebuilding job at Michigan than he did at previous stops. You can't deny his track record. He's turned around programs in much worse shape than Michigan is now. I can definitely see him winning a national championship at Michigan within at least three years.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 31, 2014, 04:57:32 am
Appears next year's inexplicable Harbaugh loss may be at Maryland.  Or Rutgers, perhaps.
Although both are possible, Maryland (and any place Edsall coaches) doesn't have enough offense and Rutgers, although a much better shot, doesn't have a defense (unless they play North Carolina).

My guess is they take one on the chin week 1 against Utah.

Mr_Deb

I mean how do you railroad the most winningest college football program of all time?

How do you do it?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 30, 2014, 09:19:04 pm

Miracles do happen

May be nearing time for the reminyl grandpa...

Mr_Deb

Michigan is about to bring some industry to town folks.  :-X

Lionheart88

Quote from: devil_kid on December 31, 2014, 08:02:55 pm
I mean how do you railroad the most winningest college football program of all time?

How do you do it?
We live in a "What have you done for me lately?" society.  Their current players were barely out of diapers last time the Wolverines won a national title.  They haven't been worth much recently.

Mr_Deb

Yeah.. well that's true but worth can be subjective, 2012 Sugar Bowl victory is worth a lot to some folks.

I'm sure the 2011 Sugar Bowl appearance by Arkansas is worth a lot to folks as well.

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

Anybody think Mark Dantonio will take the Defensive Coordinator job?

Mr_Deb

Moonshiner

Quote from: devil_kid on December 31, 2014, 08:04:07 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on December 30, 2014, 09:19:04 pm

Miracles do happen

May be nearing time for the reminyl grandpa...

Haha.  Maybe some Adderall for you Jr.  Better check your Meeshigan brakes.  Beat Ohio State first and then come back with the excitement.  Michigan has been irrelevant for a very long time.  He has his work cut out for him.

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

Got this feeling Texas and Michigan are gonna be the big dogs on the block soon....

Lionheart88

Texas? lol.  They're just ground beef right now, and that won't change until they find a quarterback.

Mr_Deb

Texas is going to get more of the standouts that would opt for a school like TCU, Baylor or Tech on the roster.

Longhorns will be a juggernaut in a few....

Lionheart88

Why would any sane recruit choose Texas over TCU or Baylor right now?  Did you see TCU massacre Texas on Thanksgiving?

Mr_Deb

More resources, better connections if Texas had been in TCU's position they would have got into the final four. They've got some facility improvements coming including a major stadium upgrade.

According to these blue chippers there must be some "special" perks to suiting up in Austin.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/12115606/michael-irvin-nephew-commits-texas-longhorns

Lionheart88

It's entirely Texas's fault they weren't in TCU's position.  They didn't draw straws for conference record.  TCU destroyed Texas on the field.  There's no reason to pick the cows over the frogs right now, unless you just have an irrational hatred of the color purple or something.

dc24

Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 05, 2015, 08:40:48 pm
It's entirely Texas's fault they weren't in TCU's position.  They didn't draw straws for conference record.  TCU destroyed Texas on the field.  There's no reason to pick the cows over the frogs right now, unless you just have an irrational hatred of the color purple or something.

Recruiting and choosing a school to play for has so many more factors other than which team beat the other one the year before.

Is TCU a better program than Texas right now?  Yes.  Are they a better program than Texas, period?  Not by a mile.  Facilities are better at Texas, academics are probably better in some majors, atmosphere may be better, could be a number of things.  Also, maybe a kid likes the head coach and/or coaching staff at Texas better than TCU.

Texas is always going to get theirs, despite a few down years.  There are going to be more kids that grow up wanting to be Longhorns than Horned Frogs, so when they come calling they are going to choose the Longhorns.  The only reason this may change more is that TCU is now in the same conference, but that's a new thing that hasn't had time to settle in with most recruits.

I have a feeling Charlie Strong will have Texas back to a top-10 team sooner rather than later, but I could be wrong.

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

August 22, 2015, 11:48:06 am #38 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:49:39 am by Mr_Deb
How Long Will It Take Jim Harbaugh to Bring Michigan Back to Prominence?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2551342-how-long-will-it-take-jim-harbaugh-to-bring-michigan-back-to-prominence

QuoteWhen Michigan hired Jim Harbaugh as its new head coach, the question became a matter of "when" the Wolverines would re-enter the national power conversation again, not "if."

QuoteHarbaugh and his staff are already assembling a top-10 recruiting class for 2016, per 247Sports. Four of the top seven prospects verbally committed in that class are offensive linemen, a desperate area of need for Michigan over the past few years. Another is 4-star quarterback Brandon Peters.

Mr_Deb

Word behind closed doors is that Harbaugh wants to reassemble the powerhouse with players from above the mason dixon only.

Don't shoot the messenger

Lionheart88

What's he got against Southern kids?  But if he want to pass up recruiting Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, etc, that's his business I guess.  Who are we to gripe when he shoots himself in the foot?  One less school to compete with for in-state recruits and other southern boys.

sevenof400

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 28, 2015, 10:57:36 pm
Word behind closed doors is that Harbaugh wants to reassemble the powerhouse with players from above the mason dixon only.

Might be more inclined to consider this as a possibility if a link were provided.....

WPWells

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 29, 2015, 03:03:52 am
What's he got against Southern kids?  But if he want to pass up recruiting Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, etc, that's his business I guess.  Who are we to gripe when he shoots himself in the foot?  One less school to compete with for in-state recruits and other southern boys.

I don't think he's got anything against them particularly, just his preference

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 29, 2015, 08:10:48 am
Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 28, 2015, 10:57:36 pm

Might be more inclined to consider this as a possibility if a link were provided.....

This is from a yankee source of mine who holds a michigan insider subscription, it hasn't hit the surface quite yet and I don't know if it will, kind of thing with the potential to ruffle a few feathers.

Supposedly a question was brought to Harbaugh about whether or not he plans to hit SEC country to help build up his program... from what I understand Harbaugh told them he didn't need to go to SEC country that Ohio State had only started three players from southern states and all of them were defensive guys. Harbaugh believes he has a good enough staff to take average to above average talent and develop them into great players. Obviously, he wants a certain aura going about the program.

Mr_Deb

FOX Sports 1 has a big team playing tonight

AirWarren

Michigan's uniforms are hideous.

With that said, I hate the Wolverines.

BigLion10

I'm eager to see next year what there new jordan football jerseys will look like as the first football team sponsored by jordan

Mr_Deb

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 03, 2015, 08:01:49 pm
I'm eager to see next year what there new jordan football jerseys will look like as the first football team sponsored by jordan

Michael can be like a parasite with some things, don't know if this is the right program for the Jordan stuff...

BigLion10

I figured north Carolina would be first

Mr_Deb

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 03, 2015, 08:17:27 pm
I figured north Carolina would be first

There's no opportunity in that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas