• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt Pine Vs. Kirby

Started by mc, February 13, 2006, 09:37:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mc

Helluva game tonight.  Mt Pine won by 10.  I wanna say I thought the refs were bad, but equally bad, people from Mt Pine have said it was one sided and people from Kirby have said it were one sided.  Good game

baller99

Yea both side had the bad calls but mountain pine beat them fair

superd2312

That was the worst officiated game ive seen all year. They were bad both ways, but that chubby white dude was definatly pullin for Pine, i better never have him, and i really wouldnt want the girl to ref either, Diablo is fine though. Kirby only has 3 good players thats what hurts them, but they are good.

wonderboys

I'm shocked, but I think this should earn Pine some respect.

ltb759

Was I the only person in the gym last night who kept expecting Jason Vincent(chubby white ref from Mtn Pine) to come out of that running crouch he kept using to call long distance fouls and out of bounds  and slide on down the ice and release his Olympic curling stone???

bballer_85

Ahem....can we say "HOME COOKIN?"

....least that's the term I kept hearing.....

- some of pine's players looked like they were having an off night tho & that kirby kid was in foul trouble early on - really threw them off when he was sitting on the bench!

AR07

i dont know how ya say he was for mtn.pine he's the one that called a foul on meece when he was layn on the ground lookn for his shoe lol worse call i have seen in my life

PopTart Man

I have nothing against Jason, he's a great guy. But he definately proved last night that he is not too great a ref. If anyone says that Marty couldn't get any refs on such short notice (game was scheduled just after bigelow game was canceled) there were like 3 refs sitting in the stands.

And wonderboys, how can you say that that game should get mountain pine some respect?!?  If anything, I have lost respect for moutain pine, as have many other of the people who went to the game. The fans were rude, the team was disrespectful, and, again, the refs were terrible. Diablo was the only one that did a good job, but one man can't do it all.

wonderboys

Quote from: jville#33 on February 14, 2006, 11:45:29 am
I have nothing against Jason, he's a great guy. But he definately proved last night that he is not too great a ref. If anyone says that Marty couldn't get any refs on such short notice (game was scheduled just after bigelow game was canceled) there were like 3 refs sitting in the stands.

And wonderboys, how can you say that that game should get mountain pine some respect?!? If anything, I have lost respect for moutain pine, as have many other of the people who went to the game. The fans were rude, the team was disrespectful, and, again, the refs were terrible. Diablo was the only one that did a good job, but one man can't do it all.

I say it will get them respect because the newspapers across the state won't say a word about the refs, the attitudes of players and fans, or anything else except for the score.

mossified4

they were talking not us and there were bad calls both ways and bothe meece and mcdoorman were in foul trouble early meece had 4 in the first half and fould out early in the third there were also four points that were not counted for pine two were never added and two were taken away

PopTart Man

The two that were taken away, though, were because a kid got fouled while shooting (2 shots). After the first shot, the Mtn. Pine kids got the ball, ran down the court. The Kirby player still had one more free-throw. The points did not count.

Still though, this is Mountian Pine's score keepers.

mossified4

it was a 1 in 1 and should have only gotten the one shot

beaglenoose

Hey, guys, I've been reading these posts, and I've got to say, I went to that Kirby game last night, and I coudn't believe that for a matchup of that caliber, the only officials that could be had were 2 hometowners (that's right pine fans, the lady official hails from Kirby) and the over-exuberant pudgy guy (MP class of '92 for those of you who didn't check out the senior class pictures in the lobby).  Poor D, he must of owed someone a favor to be a part of that crack crew.  Who's runnin' the show over there at the Pine, cause I counted 6 who's who of Garland County officiating in the stands who apparantly had nothing better to do on a monday night than GO WATCH A BASKETBALL GAME. 

A MATCH-UP LIKE THAT DESERVES BETTER!!!

Oh yeah, mossified, weren't you the one complaining about hometown officials during the Garland County?  Wasn't sure, but I'll go back and check.

superd2312

Quote from: mossified4 on February 14, 2006, 12:28:19 pm
it was a 1 in 1 and should have only gotten the one shot

He was definatly shooting on that foul, and the ref signaled two shots, but they just werent qualified for such a big game with two ranked teams, it was over there head. Except Diablo.

mc

Agreed officiating wasn't the greatest.  The thing about the 2 points taken away.  After that first freethrow all 3 refs took off down court and didn't stop the play until Mt Pine scored and Kirby brought the ball back down.  Mt Pine deserves all the respect in the world for winning that game with there only 2 true posts player in foul trouble all night.  Matt Babb has proven to me that he is the most underrated player in district, I know he must have had 8 steals, his hands are Ronnie Brewer quick.  Mt Pine took advantage of AB's combination of speed and strength.  Kirby didn't have an answer for Blees inside.  Great Game for Mt Pine

superd2312

Kirby's 1-3-1 did get lazy and let Blees exploit it way to easy, the thing that hurts Kirby is they only have 3 good players and 3 very mediocre players and i was tellin buddies before the game that kirby will struggle under pressure, and they did. They dont have a true point gaurd.

mc

Never wanna give Mt Pine any credit do ya? The 1-3-1 didn't get lazy, blees just got inside and played good.

mossified4

Quote from: The Champ Is Here on February 14, 2006, 08:59:19 pm
Never wanna give Mt Pine any credit do ya? The 1-3-1 didn't get lazy, blees just got inside and played good.
your right but it did kindda fall off in the fourth but thats where mp's conditioning came into play

True Fan

Anyone who thinks that officiating was bad hasn't played at Poyen lately. Yes the refs were pathatic, and there was a definate slant toward MP. As far as #42 being in foul trouble, it looked like the refs were told to lay off of him in the second half. A couple of cheap offensive fouls were called on Kirby as soon as the posts touched the ball. Big flops and drama don't constitute charges.
#10 (MP) had an outstanding game. He was the only reason for the win.
About the conditioning, it doesn't matter how much you practice when peewee refs are running the show. Yes, running the show.
I had no vested interest. I was looking for a great basketball game. Maybee J-Ville will have 3 refs for the sr tounament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas