• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Interestingcall, March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bilboswaggins on April 09, 2018, 08:45:50 am
Green Forest 6th,
Prairie Grove 4th.....

Hey man, "reamber", he went "threw" the numbers so these rankings are pretty official.  :D

bilboswaggins

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 09, 2018, 09:15:02 am
Hey man, "reamber", he went "threw" the numbers so these rankings are pretty official.  :D

Oh yeah, I just assumed he was drunk. For giggles though, what numbers would you use to get these rankings?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bilboswaggins on April 09, 2018, 09:26:59 am
Oh yeah, I just assumed he was drunk. For giggles though, what numbers would you use to get these rankings?

Common core math?

Question: If Pea Ridge is 50 miles from Prairie Grove and Shiloh Christian is a private school, how many points will Green Forest lose to Gravette by in 2019?

Answer: dump truck

See, it's easy.  :)

bilboswaggins

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 09, 2018, 09:56:35 am
Common core math?

Question: If Pea Ridge is 50 miles from Prairie Grove and Shiloh Christian is a private school, how many points will Green Forest lose to Gravette by in 2019?

Answer: dump truck

See, it's easy.  :)

Giggles achieved!

beach bum

I do have to give Lincoln some props for the track they are surfacing in as we speak around the football field.... That is a positive for the athletic programs as a whole. Now only if Prairie Grove's administration was not so cheap....

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: beach bum on April 10, 2018, 09:25:02 am
I do have to give Lincoln some props for the track they are surfacing in as we speak around the football field.... That is a positive for the athletic programs as a whole. Now only if Prairie Grove's administration was not so cheap....

Too bad they didn't get that done a few years back when they had the good run of track kids for a while.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on April 10, 2018, 09:59:55 pm
Too bad they didn't get that done a few years back when they had the good run of track kids for a while.

They did have some great success with no facilities.  Had some individual state champions and lots of kids place at the state meet.   I wonder how long before we see a track meet at Lincoln. Who is hosting the conference meet?

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on April 12, 2018, 11:23:06 am
They did have some great success with no facilities.  Had some individual state champions and lots of kids place at the state meet.   I wonder how long before we see a track meet at Lincoln. Who is hosting the conference meet?

My understanding is that Lincoln is hosting the junior conference meet. Finally.

prHOG13

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on April 19, 2018, 10:15:09 am
My understanding is that Lincoln is hosting the junior conference meet. Finally.
Lincoln boys squeaked out a Jr High conference championship over Pea Ridge. Good for them

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on April 19, 2018, 10:15:09 am

I did not think their track was surfaced quite yet? Soon but not yet. I could be wrong on that though. One bad thing about that location for that track is you drive up the hill between Prairie Grove to where it plateaus out as you get to Lincoln and that wind up by Lincoln's schools is brutal. Track sessions and meets will be interesting there. If there is no wind in Prairie Grove there will be a slight to moderate wind in Lincoln. If its windy in Prairie Grove its gusting like crazy in Lincoln.

whippersnapper

They didnt host the conf meet. And beach bum youre sure right about the wind. I don't think the wind is as bad at the old field as it is the new one either.

whippersnapper

Also for those that were discussing Lloyd as the starter over the sophomore Brewer. There will be no QB battle for now at least, Brewer tore his meniscus and had surgery on it about a month ago.

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on April 30, 2018, 09:59:31 am
Also for those that were discussing Lloyd as the starter over the sophomore Brewer. There will be no QB battle for now at least, Brewer tore his meniscus and had surgery on it about a month ago.
That sucks. Meniscus is usually a 6-8 week recovery. Hope he can get fully healthy before fall camp

beach bum

NON CONFERENCE OPPONENTS

Berryville: @West Fork, Hunstville, Yellville Summit

Gentry: @Dardanelle, @Huntsville, Greenland

Gravette: Cascia Hall OK, @Farmington, @ Jay OK

Green Forest: Yellville Summit, Commerce OK, West Fork

Lincoln: Westville OK, @ Keys OK, @ Subiaco Academy

Pea Ridge: @ Harrison, @Maumelle, Farmington

Prairie Grove: Farmington, Dardanelle, @ Pottsville

Shiloh Christian: Texarkana, @ Trumann, Beggs OK

RZback

Quote from: prHOG13 on April 30, 2018, 11:01:03 pm
That sucks. Meniscus is usually a 6-8 week recovery. Hope he can get fully healthy before fall camp

Tough luck for the Brewer kid and for Lincoln.  He would have given them a big qb and freed up LLoyd to play RB.   

bilboswaggins

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2018, 06:55:00 pm
NON CONFERENCE OPPONENTS

Berryville: @West Fork, Hunstville, Yellville Summit =W,W,W?

Gentry: @Dardanelle, @Huntsville, Greenland =L,L,L?

Gravette: Cascia Hall OK, @Farmington, @ Jay OK =W,W,W (Farmington looks like tarzan plays like Jane)

Green Forest: Yellville Summit, Commerce OK, West Fork = L,W,W

Lincoln: Westville OK, @ Keys OK, @ Subiaco Academy =W,W,W

Pea Ridge: @ Harrison, @Maumelle, Farmington =L, W, W

Prairie Grove: Farmington, Dardanelle, @ Pottsville =W,W,W

Shiloh Christian: Texarkana, @ Trumann, Beggs OK = L, W,W

whippersnapper

Anybody got some numbers for spring ball?
Lincoln is looking to have anywhere between 35-40. Have had 3 or 4 players move this semester or moving in the summer. Cant control that unfortunately. First few practices have looked decent, Lloyd looks better to me after 1 full year under his belt at QB. If brewer was healthy I dont believe it would be much of a competition anyway. Have moved SR Cam Brown to RB and he played the hybrid WR/TE last season. After a year of no size at the position he brings us 6'1 185lbs and a junior that is finding his home in the backfield rather then WR. At times next season there could be 3-4 sophs WRs on the field I believe. Right now 2 srs are battling it out with 2 sophs at the outside spots. But those same 4 are battling for the CB jobs too. So could we see less players going both ways at times? I hope so even along the line too. Lots of competition at pretty much all spots on the field other then QB and Weak LB in Sr Hunter Phelan. Which in my opinion is the most underrated player in the conf going into next season. Wolves have a lot to prove next season and cant expect anything given to them. Go Wolves

prHOG13

I think we're at 83 as of now, but that will drop after this summer to somewhere in the 70's

RZback

Should be an interesting season in 4A-1.  Lots of rebuilding among several of the traditional top teams, PR will have some questions about offensive production and will the defense play up to expectations with so many kids back on that side of the ball.   PG will also have questions after loosing lots of offensive firepower and the same question about can the defense carry the load.  Gravette lost it's offensive heart and will be getting a new coach and perhaps a big change in scheme.  Shiloh, well people expect them to be Shiloh.  Good amount of returning players should give them the early nod.  After that its all questions. Berryville and Green Forest have to find a way to score points as well as stop the opponent.  Both programs seem to have slipped farther down last year. Gentry and Lincoln should be the battle for the 5 spot.  Can they do better than 5?  Whippersnapper, the question for Lincoln seems to be is the sophomore class as good as they have been touted to be.  They were good in the 7th grade but have struggled since with a pair of 5-5 seasons.  Can a sophomore class add enough to Lincolns returning seniors to push them over the top? 

whippersnapper

As of right now we only have 6-8 seniors. About 10-12 juniors then rest are sophs. Some of these older guys that have started in the past out of necessity realize now that theyre being pushed by the sophs. I know in the JH off-season they really hammered the little things and details of each workout cause the little things kept them from a conf championship. So we shall see. We also look have some decent size along the line and depth. I believe anywhere from 7-9 guys will rotate among both sides of the ball there. Which wil be huge in the latter part of the season. I have heard rumor gentry has less then 30 in spring ball but it could just be rumor.

prHOG13

May 16, 2018, 11:00:24 pm #70 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:24:23 pm by prHOG13
nm

nuttinbuthogs

The number of seniors at Lincoln is a little disheartening.  Hard to win without those upperclassmen.

prHOG13

Congrats to Shiloh OL Logan Kalleson on getting a preferred walk on offer from the Razorbacks after camping last night.

RZback

So much better to get that "preferred" tag added to the walk-on, but walking on is still a tough climb uphill. 

cuckoobird

I just calculated the numbers

1. PG
2. Shilo
3. Gravett
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Green forrest
7. Berryville
8. Pee Ridge

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 05, 2018, 04:10:35 pm

1. PG
2. Shilo
3. Gravett
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Green forrest
7. Berryville
8. Pee Ridge

I like the way you think...

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on June 05, 2018, 04:11:53 pm
I like the way you think...1. PG
2. Shilo
3. Gravett
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Green forrest
7. Berryville
8. Pee Ridge

I find this a bit hard to believe.

prHOG13

1. PG
2. Shilo
3. Gravett
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Green forrest
7. Berryville
8. Pee Ridge
I don't see Berryville being worse than Green Forest

bilboswaggins

Quote from: prHOG13 on June 05, 2018, 07:23:39 pm
I don't see Berryville being worse than Green Forest
Agree 100%

prHOG13

Went over there Tulsa today for the team camp that PR and Shiloh are participating in along with Tulsa Union, East Central, Wichita NW, Derby KS, Bentonville West, and one other that I can't remember. Shilohs athletes performed well out on the edges. Hard to gauge ability to run between the tackles during team camps since there's no live tackling to the ground, just some popping and then it's whistled. That'll be the key for them to a deep postseason run imo.

Pea Ridge did a little better than I thought they would against that kind of competition. Defense performed really well. Still some things to figure out on O but there were a couple big plays made by receivers that surprised me. I'm really excited about the potential of one of our receiving threats.

PR and Shiloh exchanged possessions and both scored once to my recollection. There was some friendly talk going on, but other matchups got much more heated.

Fun camp, always good to see some familiar faces working hard out in that heat.

nuttinbuthogs

Re: 4A-1
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2018, 07:23:39 pm »

1. PG
2. Shilo
3. Gravett
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Green forrest
7. Berryville
8. Pee Ridge

Definatley the best chance since 2013 for Lincoln to get out of the bottom half.  Reported low numbers of seniors is not good but a lot of hope placed on the sophomore class. 

RZback

Does anyone have camp or 7 0n 7 results they can share on 4A-1 teams this summer?

whippersnapper

Quote from: RZback on July 17, 2018, 10:56:33 am
Does anyone have camp or 7 0n 7 results they can share on 4A-1 teams this summer?
Lincoln has hosted 7 on 7 the last 2 Monday nights. Teams have consisted of Lincoln, PG, Greenland, WF, Gentry, Cedarville, and Huntsville. Games have been competitive. I would say if the game was played without linemen then I would say Gentry is the clear favorite. PG looks to be PG again. Lincoln was hit or miss at times.

prHOG13

Quote from: RZback on July 17, 2018, 10:56:33 am
Pea Ridge was 3-1 in Branson last week, but not sure who all they played.

$aintMaximu$

Not sure how Shiloh did in pool play at the Elite 7 on 7 but it looks like they lost both games after they seeded... 

RZback

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on July 19, 2018, 07:43:21 am
Not sure how Shiloh did in pool play at the Elite 7 on 7 but it looks like they lost both games after they seeded...

I believe Shiloh is struggling at the QB spot right now.

BigGuy22

Any Updates on how these schools are looking?! Pea Ridge starts Monday and is obviously looming to ride there's defense as much as possible to get as far as they can in the playoffs.. but their offense did show out in some team camps at Tulsa, Fayetteville, and a 7 on 7 in Branson!! It's gonna be a fun year with no one team overly dominant to the other team!

cuckoobird

Quote from: BigGuy22 on July 28, 2018, 01:36:24 pm
Any Updates on how these schools are looking?! Pea Ridge starts Monday and is obviously looming to ride there's defense as much as possible to get as far as they can in the playoffs.. but their offense did show out in some team camps at Tulsa, Fayetteville, and a 7 on 7 in Branson!! It's gonna be a fun year with no one team overly dominant to the other team!
Don't worry, PG will dominate PeeRidge...

BigGuy22

Oh yeah Pea Ridge probably won't even score and Prarie Grove will have around 40 to 50! We can always count Pea Ridge out cause they never live up to the hype! I mean they should've been the state champs the last two years! Let's just keep counting them out! Cause I know they enjoy it!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BigGuy22 on August 02, 2018, 09:05:16 pm
I mean they should've been the state champs the last two years! Let's just keep counting them out! Cause I know they enjoy it!

I've counted them out of the state title picture every year and I've never been wrong.

whippersnapper

Channel 5 News football previews have started this week. So far only 1-4a team is Gentry, said they only had 26 players out for fall practice.

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 03, 2018, 10:27:48 am
Channel 5 News football previews have started this week. So far only 1-4a team is Gentry, said they only had 26 players out for fall practice.
Yikes. Gonna be a REALLY rough year for them if those end up being close to their final numbers

Trackhawk

Quote from: BigGuy22 on August 02, 2018, 09:05:16 pm
Oh yeah Pea Ridge probably won't even score and Prarie Grove will have around 40 to 50! We can always count Pea Ridge out cause they never live up to the hype! I mean they should've been the state champs the last two years! Let's just keep counting them out! Cause I know they enjoy it!
I'm not sure where you read your news/sports (CNN?) Never live up to the hype? The Blackhawks have usually finished at or a bit higher that most prognosticators thought they would.  Their last playoff loss in the past three seasons were to teams that won the title (Nashville in 2015, Warren in 2016, and Arkadelphia in 2017) so they went as far as they could, better than most teams.  In fact, Pea Ridge is the only 4A team to have made it to the semifinals of the playoffs in each of the last three years.  They were not "supposed" to earn the #1 seed last year in the 4A-1 or the #2 seeds the previous two years but they did.  They scheduled two top rated teams for the same week last year and folks like yourself were giggling/snickering while predicting the Hawks would go 0-2 to start their season, but they won them both.  This year?  The Hawks are unknown on offense but solid on defense.  Prairie Grove is always good and with the staff they have, they will always be good.  Shiloh, while good, is often if not always, rated higher than where they end up.  Gravette has had a program change and they will get better and they have some good kids coming up.  The top four 4A-1 teams of the past few years is quite likely going to be the same this year, though no one can really predict the final outcome with any real certainty, which is why sports is fun.

prHOG13

Quote from: Trackhawk on August 12, 2018, 04:40:13 pm
  I'm not sure where you read your news/sports (CNN?) Never live up to the hype? The Blackhawks have usually finished at or a bit higher that most prognosticators thought they would.  Their last playoff loss in the past three seasons were to teams that won the title (Nashville in 2015, Warren in 2016, and Arkadelphia in 2017) so they went as far as they could, better than most teams.  In fact, Pea Ridge is the only 4A team to have made it to the semifinals of the playoffs in each of the last three years.  They were not "supposed" to earn the #1 seed last year in the 4A-1 or the #2 seeds the previous two years but they did.  They scheduled two top rated teams for the same week last year and folks like yourself were giggling/snickering while predicting the Hawks would go 0-2 to start their season, but they won them both.  This year?  The Hawks are unknown on offense but solid on defense.  Prairie Grove is always good and with the staff they have, they will always be good.  Shiloh, while good, is often if not always, rated higher than where they end up.  Gravette has had a program change and they will get better and they have some good kids coming up.  The top four 4A-1 teams of the past few years is quite likely going to be the same this year, though no one can really predict the final outcome with any real certainty, which is why sports is fun.
His post was sarcasm FYI

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: RZback on July 23, 2018, 09:29:38 am
I believe Shiloh is struggling at the QB spot right now.

Oh boy....  Yes this was confirmed Friday night... That is going to be a huge problem for Shiloh...

RZback

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 13, 2018, 07:21:12 am
Oh boy....  Yes this was confirmed Friday night... That is going to be a huge problem for Shiloh...

From what I'm hearing Shiloh isn't the only program in need of a magic potion at QB.  When you are trying to run any type of spread you need a really good trigger man.

x14113

Word from the presses is that Gentry has become the third team in 2 years to switch to the single wing offense.

If only they didn't open the season against a team that has seen it before...

whippersnapper

Lincoln "won" last night's scrimmage against WF in a regular half at 27-6.

HeberFan

I think there will be an eight-way tie for the conference title.

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh exceeded my expectations. I was very proud of they way they played!

And oh lord that PA game!!!  Impressive any and every way you look at it. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas