• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Interestingcall, March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bilboswaggins

Quote from: footballclaim on September 23, 2018, 08:03:14 pm
What about the game that PG played against Green Forest? That score seems to be just a bit cruel to me. I mean come on those kids were getting absolutely fried.

Starters were pulled shortly after the first quarter. It could have been very cruel.

Lizard47

Wow, this thread is trying to go postal. There is obviously some unrest in the 4A-1. Don't get all chippy and injure each other up too bad before the playoffs.

HeberFan

On to the next thread

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on September 24, 2018, 10:07:27 am
On to the next thread

Go back to the Heber/Stuttgart thread where you all can discuss Stuttgart's beat down of the team by the lake....

nuttinbuthogs

Pretty clear the 1-4A is not as good as the past few years.  At least not at this point. Maybe the teams will see enough improvement to make a better than expected showing in the playoffs.  Am glad to see Lincoln doing better but I do wonder about the level of competition so far so this weeks game is important to see how far they have come.  Some are saying that the conference is so far down that is why Lincoln is better.  I'll wait for the season and maybe even next season to see where the Wolves are in terms of program improvement but it's nice to see them winning.

whippersnapper

I believe its a combo of both the conf being down and Lincoln having better talent. So far Lloyd and senior class are playing like seniors should. They are trying to make this year their best yet. Stay the course and lets beat the blackhawks this week.

RZback

Couple of factors in breaking down this week and the rest of the year.
Lincoln vs Pea Ridge.  If Lincoln can win it, it would really shake up things.  If Lincoln loses, then Berryville may be able to move into the top 4-5.  Berryville beats Gentry and if they can manage a win against Lincoln they are in good shape.  A win also against Gravette and they finish off with a win against GR they are at least #4.  Difficult but possible.
I think Pea Ridge will beat Lincoln and then we will see about all the rest. Lincoln has beaten teams that only have 2 wins total among them.  So Lincoln has to prove it can beat a good team before I see them as improved more than the conference is just way down. Rest of the year very key for them.

nuttinbuthogs

Make sure you bring your glasses.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

So who's gonna be the 5 seed? Berryville, Gentry, or Gravette?

whippersnapper

At this point you would have to give the nod to Berryville. They have at least won a couple games so you know their confidence is up. If they win this so against gentry then find a way to get the lions at home so 7 it only leaves them with getting over GF at that point.

nuttinbuthogs

Big week in lining up the order of conference finish.

BigGuy22

This is how I'm thinking the conference will wind up this year.
1. PR/Shiloh
2. These two spots will be determined Week 10 when PR and Shiloh match up
3. Lincoln- I think Lincoln will upset PG, its a tough task but I think it could happen
4. PG- Prairie Grove loses to Shiloh/PR/Lincoln and wins out all other games
5. Gravette- Kind of a toss up with these last 3 spots but I think Gravette will take the 5
6. Berryville-
7. Green Forrest- Enough Said ;D

nuttinbuthogs

So if Lincoln or should I say when Lincoln wins Friday, they will fight for 1st.   

Baller91

Quote from: BigGuy22 on September 27, 2018, 01:19:13 pm
This is how I'm thinking the conference will wind up this year.
1. PR/Shiloh
2. These two spots will be determined Week 10 when PR and Shiloh match up
3. Lincoln- I think Lincoln will upset PG, its a tough task but I think it could happen
4. PG- Prairie Grove loses to Shiloh/PR/Lincoln and wins out all other games
5. Gravette- Kind of a toss up with these last 3 spots but I think Gravette will take the 5
6. Berryville-
7. Green Forrest- Enough Said ;D

I know Gentry is struggling this year, but they didn't even rank in your list - harsh.😂

Hawk4L

I'm starting to think Gravette might only beat Green Forest. This is probably the worst Gravette team ever   

HeberFan

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 27, 2018, 10:01:14 pm
I'm starting to think Gravette might only beat Green Forest. This is probably the worst Gravette team ever

Gravette was good last year.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 27, 2018, 02:20:21 pm
So if Lincoln or should I say when Lincoln wins Friday, they will fight for 1st.

Wow!   That's a leap of faith.  Better worry about Friday and the Blackhawks first. 

Redskin2015

Quote from: HeberFan on September 28, 2018, 08:59:23 am
Gravette was good last year.
Gravette is usually solid every year never a team that just explodes on the field but they usually have good execution and everyone does their job weird to see them struggling

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Is Pea Ridge going away from the I formation? I have not been to any of their games but there is a video of the Harrison game on YouTube and I did not see much of my favorite formation. Any reasons why?

Hawk4L

Running read option now that we have a more mobile QB and our wr's are not like we've had the past few seasons.

BigGuy22

They still run the I! Heck they run the I plus one.. they bring the big DE to offense and line him up at fullback.. it's a package that always seems to work.. only reason it gets taken off the field is a penalty that knocks back to a longer first or second down. But yes, they're is some read option, some i formation, some heavy sets, and some spread offense.. we are a pretty balanced offense since they're isn't a stand out star on the the offensive side so everyone has to produce

Hawk4L

My new projected finish
1 Shiloh
2 PR
3 Lincoln
4 PG (with way they have been scoring I'm not so sure they could jump to 2 hard totell with the opponents they did it against
5 Gentry
6 Berryville
7 Green Forest
8 Gravette (very surprised at how bad they seem so far)

RZback

Quote from: BigGuy22 on September 28, 2018, 05:30:10 pm
They still run the I! Heck they run the I plus one.. they bring the big DE to offense and line him up at fullback.. it's a package that always seems to work.. only reason it gets taken off the field is a penalty that knocks back to a longer first or second down. But yes, they're is some read option, some i formation, some heavy sets, and some spread offense.. we are a pretty balanced offense since they're isn't a stand out star on the the offensive side so everyone has to produce

The power sets seem to be the best run game formations for PR, both the I with fullback and the overloaded wing sets.  IMO.  Young QB should develop as time goes on but is inconsistent right now.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 29, 2018, 07:03:40 am
My new projected finish
1 Shiloh
2 PR
3 Lincoln
4 PG (with way they have been scoring I'm not so sure they could jump to 2 hard totell with the opponents they did it against
5 Gentry
6 Berryville
7 Green Forest
8 Gravette (very surprised at how bad they seem so far)

Haw4L, I have watched everybody play and I don't see anything compelling to rank the top 3. I think anything can happen with those 3.  I can't imagine anybody is as bad as Green Forest. They just don't have the numbers. Here is what I have-

1. Shiloh, PR, PG
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Berryville
7. Gravette
8. Green Forest

Bum, love to see your top 3 and why.

beach bum

September 29, 2018, 02:43:52 pm #224 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 02:47:23 pm by beach bum
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 29, 2018, 02:02:14 pm
Haw4L, I have watched everybody play and I don't see anything compelling to rank the top 3. I think anything can happen with those 3.  I can't imagine anybody is as bad as Green Forest. They just don't have the numbers. Here is what I have-

1. Shiloh, PR, PG
4. Lincoln
5. Gentry
6. Berryville
7. Gravette
8. Green Forest

Bum, love to see your top 3 and why.

I was leaning Pea Ridge after their narrow loss to Maumelle and big win over Farmington. Their last two wins leaves the questions again a little. That is why now I would lean Shiloh.... PG has won big doing what they should the last two weeks, but we all have to remember the lack of quality in the opponents. If PG loses to the other two top teams then week 10 becomes huge for the playoffs with Shiloh vs Pea Ridge as well as PG vs Lincoln. Shiloh seems to go through the least offensive droughts so that has to give them a leg up with the lack of offense in this league compared to previous years.

1.Shiloh

2. Pea Ridge

3. Prairie Grove

4.Lincoln

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 02:43:52 pm

I was leaning Pea Ridge after their narrow loss to Maumelle and big win over Farmington. Their last two wins leaves the questions again a little. That is why now I would lean Shiloh.... PG has won big doing what they should the last two weeks, but we all have to remember the lack of quality in the opponents. If PG loses to the other two top teams then week 10 becomes huge for the playoffs with Shiloh vs Pea Ridge as well as PG vs Lincoln. Shiloh seems to go through the least offensive droughts so that has to give them a leg up with the lack of offense in this league compared to previous years.

1.Shiloh

2. Pea Ridge

3. Prairie Grove

4.Lincoln

I'd say you got it about right unless something weird happens.  Wild card is PG, they can play so physically and they don't make lots of mistakes.  Lincoln doesn't have the muscle to win against the big three.  PR is young and makes too many unforced errors. Not sure any are good enough to go far in the playoffs.

nuttinbuthogs

September 30, 2018, 02:11:50 pm #226 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:38:21 pm by nuttinbuthogs
Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 02:43:52 pm

1.Shiloh

2. Pea Ridge

3. Prairie Grove

4.Lincoln

I'm afraid you have it about right, seems I overestimated Lincoln again.  Oh well, still better to be in the top 4 than bottom four even if its because the conference is even weaker than usual, Lincoln is non-the-less better than bottom group and bound for the playoffs, I think.  Looks like seven wins, best season in a while.

RZback

Prairie Grove and Shiloh, big big game tonight,  as well as Berryville v Lincoln, Gentry v Westfork.  Those will weigh heavy on the final outcome.   Don't expect to see much chance of upset in PR v Gravette.

HeberFan

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 30, 2018, 02:11:50 pm
I'm afraid you have it about right, seems I overestimated Lincoln again.  Oh well, still better to be in the top 4 than bottom four even if its because the conference is even weaker than usual, Lincoln is non-the-less better than bottom group and bound for the playoffs, I think.  Looks like seven wins, best season in a while.

No way to overestimate Lincoln. He was maybe our best president!

bilboswaggins

Quote from: RZback on October 05, 2018, 12:32:42 pm
Prairie Grove and Shiloh, big big game tonight,  as well as Berryville v Lincoln, Gentry v Westfork.  Those will weigh heavy on the final outcome.   Don't expect to see much chance of upset in PR v Gravette.
As always Shiloh vs PG is gonna be a tough match up. Shiloh has always struggled to beat physical teams and PG's secondary hasn't been tested like they will be tonight. I'm still giving the nod to PG because of defense.

beach bum

Quote from: bilboswaggins on October 05, 2018, 01:07:55 pm
As always Shiloh vs PG is gonna be a tough match up. Shiloh has always struggled to beat physical teams and PG's secondary hasn't been tested like they will be tonight. I'm still giving the nod to PG because of defense.

PG always matches up so well with Shiloh. I am taking PG in the semi upset of the week.

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on October 05, 2018, 02:03:53 pm

PG always matches up so well with Shiloh. I am taking PG in the semi upset of the week.

I think Shiloh wins because they have cool helments.

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on October 05, 2018, 02:09:00 pm
I think Shiloh wins because they have cool helments.

They are quite shiny... The glare of the lights on them may blind the eyes of the PG defensive backs when attempting to guard the air raid of the Shiloh passing game.

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on October 05, 2018, 02:12:35 pm

They are quite shiny... The glare of the lights on them may blind the eyes of the PG defensive backs when attempting to guard the air raid of the Shiloh passing game.

I think "style points" should be a thing in football.

$aintMaximu$

Beach Bum will you be at the game?

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 05, 2018, 04:00:35 pm
Beach Bum will you be at the game?

I will not... Will you be updating scores?

$aintMaximu$

Sure... 28- 7 Shiloh early in Q2....

$aintMaximu$

Bum this could get ugly.

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 05, 2018, 07:49:10 pm
Bum this could get ugly.

If PG scores a couple more in the 2nd half Shiloh may have to get to 60 or 70  :o ... to make sure this gets out of reach

$aintMaximu$

Half time it's 35 to 14

$aintMaximu$

PG is melting down. They have fumbled 3 kick offs in the second half. Shiloh has ball and it's 49-14.  Wow.

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 05, 2018, 08:46:33 pm
PG is melting down. They have fumbled 3 kick offs in the second half. Shiloh has ball and it's 49-14.  Wow.

Pea Ridge just got put on notice about their week 10 opponent it seems....

$aintMaximu$

56-14. Fat lady was singing at halftime I guess.  Just starting the 4th.

Hawk4L

PR up 42-0 on Gravette 5min left.   Gravette stands empty.  Never seen them this bad.

beach bum

Been a long time since PG took a drubbing like that

RZback

I don't know if thats the largest margin of defeat for PG but they were sure outmanned in the game last night.  Shiloh seems to have it all together.
As for the Gravette PR game, Gravette really is at a low point.
Looks like Gentry will be #5.
Lincoln may indeed have a shot at #3.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on October 06, 2018, 07:52:36 pm
I don't know if thats the largest margin of defeat for PG but they were sure outmanned in the game last night.  Shiloh seems to have it all together.
As for the Gravette PR game, Gravette really is at a low point.
Looks like Gentry will be #5.
Lincoln may indeed have a shot at #3.

If I had to take a guess the last time PG lost like that was to the Frazier/Shiloh All Star group when everyone they played lost that bad to them.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2018, 08:10:32 pm
If I had to take a guess the last time PG lost like that was to the Frazier/Shiloh All Star group when everyone they played lost that bad to them.

Lost to Shiloh 49-14 in 2010.  Worst lost I could find.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on October 06, 2018, 08:16:34 pm
Lost to Shiloh 49-14 in 2010.  Worst lost I could find.

If Shiloh gets the 1 seed this year by beating Pea Ridge week 10 is Shiloh good enough to get to the semifinals? That portion of the bracket where the 1 seed from the 1-4A seems like it has a lot of competitive games in it, but no favorite. The 2 seed from the 7-4A is in it, but can Shiloh beat them the way they look? Not saying favored but at least have a decent shot at it?

RZback

Really hard to gage just how good any team in conference is because the conference is really down.  The non con schedule didn't produce many wins to gauge conference strength by.  Guess that question gets answered when the playoffs get here.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas