• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma Airedale/Airedalette Basketball 2017-2018

Started by AT, October 21, 2017, 04:06:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

October 21, 2017, 04:06:43 pm Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:17:40 pm by Almatrackster
Alma Airedales (18-10) (9-3)

Alma Airedalettes (7-19) (2-10)

Schedule - Bolded Games are Completed Games. Asterisked games are conference
11/16/2017 - vs. Lamar - GIRLS LOSE 41-45
12/1/2017 - @ Pottsville - GIRLS LOSE 44-54/BOYS LOSE 33-66
12/2/2017 - vs. Beebe - GIRLS LOSE 43-52/BOYS WIN 44-29 (Neutral Site)
12/4/2017 - vs. Wonderview - GIRLS LOSE 32-38 (Neutral Site)
12/5/2017 - @ Bentonville - GIRLS LOSE 35-55/BOYS LOSE 43-61
12/6/2017 - vs. Greenbrier - BOYS LOSE 57-63 (Neutral Site)
12/7/2017 - vs. Sylvan Hills - GIRLS LOSE 34-56 (Neutral Site)
12/7/2017 - vs. Little Rock Flames - BOYS WIN 61-44 (Neutral Site)
12/12/2017 - vs. Vilonia - GIRLS LOSE 52-61/BOYS WIN 62-42
12/16/2017 - vs. Christian Brothers, TN - BOYS LOSE 50-57 (Neutral Site)
12/16/2017 - @ Bartlett, TN - GIRLS WIN 55-38
12/19/2017 - @ Fort Smith Southside - GIRLS LOSE 62-65/BOYS LOSE 44-58
12/27/2017 - vs. Johnson County Westside - GIRLS WIN 56-33/BOYS WIN 86-40
12/28/2017 - vs. Elkins - GIRLS WIN 29-28
12/28/2017 - vs. NWA Hornets - BOYS WIN 66-33
12/29/2017 - vs. Heavner, OK - GIRLS WIN 38-30
12/29/2017 - vs. Lavaca - BOYS WIN 52-39
1/2/2018 - @ Greenwood - GIRLS LOSE 32-66/BOYS LOSE 41-53*
1/5/2018 - @ Russellville - GIRLS LOSE 38-39 /BOYS WIN 52-47*
1/9/2018 - vs. Providence Academy - GIRLS WIN 59-46/BOYS WIN 53-47
1/12/2018 - vs. Siloam Springs - GIRLS LOSE 24-45/BOYS WIN 61-40*
1/16/2018 - @ Farmington - GIRLS LOSE 37-41/BOYS WIN 56-44*
1/19/2018 - vs. Harrison - GIRLS WIN 48-37/BOYS LOSE 45-48*
1/23/2018 - @ Clarksville - GIRLS LOSE 45-57/BOYS WIN 75-51*
1/26/2018 - vs. Greenwood - GIRLS LOSE 30-44/BOYS WIN 73-58*
1/30/2018 - vs. Russellville - GIRLS LOSE 46-54/BOYS WIN 56-51*
2/7/2018 - @ Siloam Springs - GIRLS LOSE 45-49/BOYS WIN 65-48*
2/9/2018 - vs. Farmington - GIRLS WIN 36-34/BOYS WIN 50-27*
2/13/2018 - @ Harrison - GIRLS LOSE 41-49/BOYS LOSE 48-53*
2/16/2018 - vs. Clarksville - GIRLS LOSE 41-55/BOYS WIN 64-26*
2/19/2018 - vs. Vilonia - GIRLS LOSE 25-55 (Neutral Site)
2/20/2018 - vs. Maumelle - BOYS WIN 78-71(Neutral Site)
2/22/2018 - vs. Morrilton - BOYS WIN 56-54(Neutral Site)
2/23/2018 - vs. Harrison - BOYS LOSE 53-58(Neutral Site)
3/1/2018 - vs. Watson Chapel - BOYS LOSE 48-51(Neutral Site)

AT

Alma girls lose to Lamar tonight. One guard from Lamar almost single handily beat them.

P.F.G.

Looks like we will have some decent road games this year in Memphis.

AT

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 20, 2017, 10:45:33 am
Looks like we will have some decent road games this year in Memphis.

Thought the same thing. I don't remember Alma basketball traveling out of state honestly. Do you? Not during regular season that is.

P.F.G.

P.F.G.

THESE blended conferences really make this board slow.

South 45

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 29, 2017, 09:58:57 pm
THESE blended conferences really make this board slow.
I am more of a Football guy but find myself following basketball more and more. Being new to the boards and these blended conferences I have found myself wondering if I'm hanging out on the right BB pages from time to time...LOL

AT

Both Alma teams fell to Pottsville last night at their tournament.

AT

I know Alma girls lost to Beebe last night in their 2nd game of the Pottsville tournament, but I've heard nothing on the boys game. I think they also played Beebe.

AT

Unless this is a score reporting error, I believe Alma's boys beat Beebe 44-29. The reason I say "unless..." is because the game was reported to have happened on Friday when it happened on Saturday. I believe they just have the date wrong.

AT

Alma's girls lose tonight at Morrilton tonight against Wonderview.

South 45

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 04, 2017, 09:22:52 pm
Alma's girls lose tonight at Morrilton tonight against Wonderview.

Your girls game was the best of the three I cought tonight.

AT

Alma girls and boys get swept at Bentonville tonight.

The girls never really could get going against Bentonville. They are too long. I see they are undefeated, have a good guard, and good size. Are they a favorite in the 7A girls?

Alma's boys played well with Bentonville for a half. Alma has three starters who are football players and I think they are still trying to get their basketball legs. The 3rd quarter killed them as they lost 43-61. Hutchison for Bentonville is a VERY good player and so is Shanks. Bentonville is a solid team. Boys could win a state tournament game depending on how tough 7A is this year.

AT

Quote from: South 45 on December 04, 2017, 11:55:01 pm
Your girls game was the best of the three I cought tonight.

I know Wonderview is a solid 1A team. Alma's girls are very young and inexperienced this year. Have one returning starter and she's a good one. We'll see how they mesh as conference play comes around. They've played some solid competition already. Maybe will help down the road.

South 45

Will they face Sylvan Hills or Russellville on the back side of the bracket Thursday? I missed the early game Monday.

P.F.G.

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 05, 2017, 09:32:34 pm
I know Wonderview is a solid 1A team. Alma's girls are very young and inexperienced this year. Have one returning starter and she's a good one. We'll see how they mesh as conference play comes around. They've played some solid competition already. Maybe will help down the road.

Losing to a 1A school shouldn't ever happen.

AT

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 06, 2017, 04:54:48 pm

I can't speak to this school in particular, as I know they are just tradtionally good, but I've seen some absolutely great 1A teams. I see the classifications not mattering as much in basketball (they still matter obviously). I do agree with your premise, though.

I am starting to grow a little concerned about this year's girls team. I hope they are able to string together some wins and get on a hot streak before conference play.

4real

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 05, 2017, 09:30:45 pm
Alma girls and boys get swept at Bentonville tonight.

The girls never really could get going against Bentonville. They are too long. I see they are undefeated, have a good guard, and good size. Are they a favorite in the 7A girls?

Alma's boys played well with Bentonville for a half. Alma has three starters who are football players and I think they are still trying to get their basketball legs. The 3rd quarter killed them as they lost 43-61. Hutchison for Bentonville is a VERY good player and so is Shanks. Bentonville is a solid team. Boys could win a state tournament game depending on how tough 7A is this year.

Bentonville's girls are well coached. They would probably be the 3rd best team in the West, behind VB and Fayetteville.  NLR is the cream of the crop in the central. Look for Fayetteville and NLR to square off again for the title.

AT

Thanks 4real for the insight. Will be watching out for Bentonville this year.

Alma's boys lost in the first round of the Morrilton tournament tonight to Greenbrier. Final score was 63-57 Greenbrier.

AT

Tonight in the losers' bracket of the Morrilton tournament, the Alma girls fall to Sylvan Hills while the Alma boys beat a home school team called the Little Rock Flames. Had to look up info about them to learn they were a home school team. I know nothing of their ability.

P.F.G.

We have everyone on the court yet? I know a couple footballnguys were still hurting at the start of the season.

AT

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 07, 2017, 08:41:30 pm
We have everyone on the court yet? I know a couple footballnguys were still hurting at the start of the season.

Pretty sure we do. From what I've seen, a good defensive team, but still trying to find their scoring after losing Corder from last year. Johnson, Jensen, Shelton, Stahler, and Wood are the main contributers, but Mann, other Jensen are getting some minutes, too. Athletic enough to defend, just haven't been able to fine tune the basketball skills yet. I do like that our boys are playing some tough competition in Tennessee to work on that.

South 45

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 06, 2017, 04:54:48 pm
For what it's worth that same 1A school just took Russellville out of the tournament. Wonderview is a pretty solid basketball program.

South 45

Quote from: South 45 on December 08, 2017, 05:30:23 pm
For what it's worth that same 1A school just took Russellville out of the tournament. Wonderview is a pretty solid basketball program.
....and went on to beat Morrilton tonight to win the tournament.

AT

Airedalettes fall to Vilonia tonight by about 9.

The Airedales beat Vilonia 62-42. Good win for Alma boys tonight. Girls played hard against a solid Vilonia team.

AT

Alma travels to Bartlett, TN and loses to a solid Christian Brothers team 50-57 in double OT.

Alma's girls travel out of state and beat Bartlett on their home court for their first win.

AT

Both teams lost at Southside last night. The girls in heartbreaking fashion.

P.F.G.

Do you have the bracket for the Airedale classic?

AT

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 28, 2017, 11:32:41 am
Do you have the bracket for the Airedale classic?

Sorry, took a break from FF over the holidays.

Here's Alma's results from the Airedale Classic:

1st Round:
Alma boys beat JC-Westside
Alma girls beat JC-Westside

Semi-Finals:
Alma boys beat NWA Hornets (homeschool team?)
Alma girls beat Elkins

Finals:
Alma boys beat Lavaca to win the Classic.
Alma girls beat Heavener, OK to win the Classic.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 01, 2018, 07:52:29 pm
Sorry, took a break from FF over the holidays.

Here's Alma's results from the Airedale Classic:

1st Round:
Alma boys beat JC-Westside
Alma girls beat JC-Westside

Semi-Finals:
Alma boys beat NWA Hornets (homeschool team?)
Alma girls beat Elkins

Finals:
Alma boys beat Lavaca to win the Classic.
Alma girls beat Heavener, OK to win the Classic.

Congrats !!

AT

Both teams open "conference" play today. Alma plays Greenwood at Greenwood. The games don't really matter towards the postseason, but with the mixed conferences, a conference game it is.

AT

AT

AT

AT

Some good action in Russellville tonight (always seems to be a good game in any sport when these two play)

Airedalettes lost a nail biter, while the boys get a nice road victory.

Go Postal

I'm confused.  Why is there asterisks in the Greenwood games?  I didn't think that they were in our blended conference.

AT

Quote from: Go Postal on January 08, 2018, 10:47:24 am
I'm confused.  Why is there asterisks in the Greenwood games?  I didn't think that they were in our blended conference.

Greenwood is in the blended conference. Reference: http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-18_combined_Districts_for_web.pdf

Go Postal

Thanks for the heads up.  For some reason I don't have Harrison and Greenwood playing each other.

AT

That's weird, GP. Surely they do?

Alma girls beat Providence Academy (non AAA school in Arkansas) just now. Nice win for the Airedalettes. I believe they lost this game last year.

Go Postal

They had it scheduled on Greenwood's schedule on Maxpreps.  Fixed it.

AT

Airedales also beat Providence Academy to complete the sweep of the night.

AT

On Friday night, in a home game against "conference" foe Siloam Springs, the teams split, as the Airedalettes fell to Siloam Springs by double digits, while the Alma boys returned the favor and won by double digits.

AT

Airedalettes fall to Farmington 37-41 in a tough battle. Fought back from a 9 point deficit at half.

AT

The Alma boys beat Farmington 56-44 to wrap up another conference win. This one being more important as it directly affects District tournament seeding and was also on the road.

Go Postal

This will be a good game this Friday when the Goblins go to Alma.  I believe the Greenwood games are the only difference in conference play between these two teams at the moment.  Harrison has lost only 4 games to 7A opponents in the 18 games played.

AT

Alma girls get a big time win that hopefully gives them some momentum against Harrison at home.

The boys lose a close one against probably the best team in the conference. Both teams seem to be showed marked improvement as the season progresses.

AT

Alma splits tonight with Clarksville on the road. Alma girls lose while the Alma boys win going away.

So that's the end of the first round of conference games. A few thoughts:

The girls obviously didn't have the best first round of things, but that Harrison home win was big. It gives them a chance to be something other than the 4 Seed out of the West (West). If the girls can beat Farmington and/or Clarksville at home and maybe sweep Harrison, perhaps they can get a higher seed.

The boys had a great first round compared to my expectations. It didn't start off super well with a loss to rival Greenwood, but that game doesn't matter in many ways and Greenwood is pretty solid this year. Alma won two of their three 5A games and they were both on the road. Also they lost to Harrison by a much slimmer margin than I thought (3 points). If Alma can beat Farmington and Clarksville by 10+ points at home and somehow beat Harrison by more than 4 points, Alma could still feasibly snatch the 1 seed out of the West (West). That's a tall task, though. This team is definitely getting better.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison's Coach Stahler's nephew in Alma is pretty good.

AT

Yes, GP. Christian has made leaps and bounds of improvement each year. Here's to hoping for more success his senior year.

Coach Stahler for Harrison has another nephew coming up the ranks in Alma. I think he is a sophomore this year?

Updating the original post to reflect Alma's girls loss and Alma's boys win over Greenwood last Friday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas