• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Coaching Jobs in Arkansas

Started by TXhoops7117, December 16, 2018, 06:47:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TXhoops7117

First post and I figured I give a little background about myself. I am looking to make the move to Arkansas to continue my coaching career. I have been fortunate in my career to this point and have been able to learn under some very talented coaches at the college and high school levels through Texas and I am currently a college women's assistant in Kansas. I grew up in the East Texas area and have always been impressed with the state of Arkansas high school basketball. I did want to hear from a few locals on your thoughts and if you knew of anyone else who made a similar change?

TXhoops7117

I am certified in Texas to Teach Technology courses as well as in Physical Education.

scrapdig

Gonna be hard finding a job right now

TXhoops7117

Yes just meant moving forward into the spring and summer.

Basketballfan13

Leadhill girls basketball coach was a asst boys coach in the kjccc for about a decade i think and made the move to leadhill about 3 years ago. Seems to be making the transition good.

AKCWill

Literally in the same boat. Currently coaching in the Dallas metroplex, but looking to make the move this summer after the school year ends. Glad to find this page as an extra resource of potential job openings.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Buffalo Island Central Boys job is open  Taking applications starting today.

Head Lion

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 07, 2019, 11:52:57 am
Buffalo Island Central Boys job is open  Taking applications starting today.
Any front runners Mustang?

TheRunAround

This will be a great job for someone looking to take a team and establish themselves. I'm hearing all sorts of possibilities. Old, new, familiar. Look for them to take their time and get this right

CoachWhoever

Wasn't BIC just open a couple years ago?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

MMMMMM!!  yes  3 or 4 times  last 4 years

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on February 07, 2019, 06:24:08 pm
Any front runners Mustang?

Not that I know of.  I have heard of a few people showing interest that sound good. 

TheRunAround

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 08, 2019, 11:30:28 am
Not that I know of.  I have heard of a few people showing interest that sound good. 

With all the changes in the last few years, what would you suggest they do MUSTANG? Any names that you think can right the ship and stay clear of craziness?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I could think of a couple but I'm not going to put in on here.  I have notified them of the opening.
I think we need an established Coach at this time. Someone that has a few years under their belt.

TheRunAround

I think this could be a great job to have after the initial year in the program. Being a basketball school, it would allow a coach time to get their system in and make some noise after awhile if the players are there. Would love to see the list of who gets an interview when it is all said and done. This could be a job that leads to many openings.

basketballcoach15

Job Oppenings (02/09/2019)

Boys:

BIC-

Girls:

Cabot-

STORM

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 08, 2019, 12:47:37 pm
I could think of a couple but I'm not going to put in on here.  I have notified them of the opening.
I think we need an established Coach at this time. Someone that has a few years under their belt.

Footballislife

Foreman Sr high boys and girls jobs opening

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: TheRunAround on February 09, 2019, 11:04:02 am
I think this could be a great job to have after the initial year in the program. Being a basketball school, it would allow a coach time to get their system in and make some noise after awhile if the players are there. Would love to see the list of who gets an interview when it is all said and done. This could be a job that leads to many openings.

I'm hearing a former player is in the mix. He's a well known former player in the Monette/Manila area. I think a lot of people will apply for this one.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Footballislife on February 13, 2019, 12:22:06 pm
Foreman Sr high boys and girls jobs opening

This is not true at all I am close too the foreman program and no one is going anywhere basketball wise ..the only change we have had is the head football coach

basketballcoach15

Job Oppenings (02/19/2019)

Boys:

BIC-

Girls:

Cabot-
Booneville-
Lakeside (Jr. High)-

Head Lion

Asst Boys coach at Manila will be open

basketballcoach15

Head Lion

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on February 20, 2019, 04:15:51 pm
Where is he going?
the asst who coached girls this year is taking over girls full time.

basketballcoach15

basketballcoach15

Job Oppenings (02/21/2019)

Boys:

BIC-
Manila (Assistant)-

Girls:

Cabot-
Booneville-
Lakeside (Jr. High)-

scrapdig

Quote from: Head Lion on February 20, 2019, 05:16:37 pm
the asst who coached girls this year is taking over girls full time.
Sent you a PM Head Lion

Former, Coach Jacobs

I'm hearing from reliable sources Valley View senior girls will be opening up.

Former, Coach Jacobs

scrapdig

basketballcoach15

February 26, 2019, 02:57:19 pm #30 Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:59:27 pm by basketballcoach15
Quote from: scrapdig on February 26, 2019, 12:35:07 pm
where he go?
Rumor is he's tired of working there.

HorseFeathers

Didn't look like much talent to work with in Jr or Sr high

basketballcoach15

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 26, 2019, 04:11:15 pm
Didn't look like much talent to work with in Jr or Sr high
How long has he been at Two Rivers?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on February 26, 2019, 04:34:32 pm
How long has he been at Two Rivers?

2 years I believe came from Caddo Hills(a school that is on its 5th coach in 5 years I believe)

basketballcoach15

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 26, 2019, 04:58:40 pm
2 years I believe came from Caddo Hills(a school that is on its 5th coach in 5 years I believe)
Wow. Looks like he hasn't landed in a good spot, unfortunately. Anyone know how good of a coach he is?

DQLeopard

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on February 26, 2019, 05:15:35 pm
Wow. Looks like he hasn't landed in a good spot, unfortunately. Anyone know how good of a coach he is?
Well at the Russellville tournament I heard him tell his team not to dribble so I'm thinking pretty bad....

basketballcoach15

Quote from: DQLeopard on February 27, 2019, 02:40:34 pm
Well at the Russellville tournament I heard him tell his team not to dribble so I'm thinking pretty bad....
Max Preps shows Two Rivers went 5-20 before last year. If he was there two years, he won 17 in year one. If you go from 17 to 4 there is clearly a talent issue. He must not be that bad if he took a 5 win team to 17 in one year..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DQLeopard on February 27, 2019, 02:40:34 pm

I've seen plenty of players that dribble to much instead of running the plays as called

Former, Coach Jacobs

I'm hearing there is a very strong possibility that the Carlisle Sr. Boys job opens up.

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on February 27, 2019, 03:46:50 pm
Max Preps shows Two Rivers went 5-20 before last year. If he was there two years, he won 17 in year one. If you go from 17 to 4 there is clearly a talent issue. He must not be that bad if he took a 5 win team to 17 in one year..

In 15-16 the team went 18-10, then had the 5 win season the following year.

In 17-18 the team won the 17 games, then this year had a 4 win season.

The last box score of that 17 win season in 17-18, shows only two seniors playing. Both were the bulk of that team's scoring. Also had a freshman contribute, who would have been a sophomore this year.

All of this according to Maxpreps.

It's also worth noting the football team went 0-10 this past season. It could very well be just a down cycle of talent throughout the whole high school on the boys side.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Former, Coach Jacobs on February 28, 2019, 10:41:06 am
In 15-16 the team went 18-10, then had the 5 win season the following year.

In 17-18 the team won the 17 games, then this year had a 4 win season.

The last box score of that 17 win season in 17-18, shows only two seniors playing. Both were the bulk of that team's scoring. Also had a freshman contribute, who would have been a sophomore this year.

All of this according to Maxpreps.

It's also worth noting the football team went 0-10 this past season. It could very well be just a down cycle of talent throughout the whole high school on the boys side.

The down cycle of talent is probably true.....I also hear that there is still a lot of hard feelings amongst the citizens of that school district coming from the 4 schools that were closed to form two Rivers...

basketballcoach15

Always hard when consolidating schools together. Figure they will want to find a coach with experience.

Flobbito

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 28, 2019, 11:35:44 am
The down cycle of talent is probably true.....I also hear that there is still a lot of hard feelings amongst the citizens of that school district coming from the 4 schools that were closed to form two Rivers...

Which four?

HorseFeathers

basketballcoach15

Ft. Smith Southside girls is open according to their website.

basketballcoach15

February 28, 2019, 01:41:31 pm #45 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:29:04 pm by basketballcoach15
Job Oppenings (02/28/2019)

Boys:

BIC -
Manila (Assistant) -

Girls:

Cabot -
Booneville -
Lakeside (Jr. High) -
Ft. Smith Southside -

DQLeopard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 27, 2019, 07:38:25 pm
I've seen plenty of players that dribble to much instead of running the plays as called
LOL here we go.  Those great plays win games huh?  Hoosiers set basketball back 30 years.  Plays are overrated.  The man actually told his team to not dribble.  Who does that?

Longfellow

Quote from: DQLeopard on March 01, 2019, 07:55:27 am
LOL here we go.  Those great plays win games huh?  Hoosiers set basketball back 30 years.  Plays are overrated.  The man actually told his team to not dribble.  Who does that?
Did they dribble into 5 consecutive live-ball turnovers before he said that? You may have seen them play once, but I've seen them play 20 times. They just weren't good at dribbling. Dribbling into two or three defenders with your head down and turning the ball over isn't helping your team ever

DQLeopard

Quote from: Longfellow on March 01, 2019, 08:37:04 am
Did they dribble into 5 consecutive live-ball turnovers before he said that? You may have seen them play once, but I've seen them play 20 times. They just weren't good at dribbling. Dribbling into two or three defenders with your head down and turning the ball over isn't helping your team ever
Um no they didn't they were up pretty big.  How can you play basketball without dribbling?  What coach would tell their team not to dribble?

Longfellow

Quote from: DQLeopard on March 01, 2019, 09:25:01 am
Um no they didn't they were up pretty big.  How can you play basketball without dribbling?  What coach would tell their team not to dribble?
If they were winning, what does it matter? And if your team is not proficient in dribbling and turns the ball over an exorbitant amount when dribbling, why not try moving the ball without dribbling?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas