• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omaha Boys

Started by thebigman3, January 18, 2018, 09:52:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigman3

I want to know more about this team that has just come out of the shadows to a great record. I hear they have a star post player..

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 09:52:09 am
I want to know more about this team that has just come out of the shadows to a great record. I hear they have a star post player..
I would like to see them play because I have heard they are really salty.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 18, 2018, 09:58:08 am
I would like to see them play because I have heard they are really salty.
I heard they are good to, but have also heard the competition they play is very very weak, but nonetheless they are good. But every time Omaha is spoken of I always hear about there big man. My question is this... where was this team last year?

dunkman

I got the opportunity to watch them play couple times and salty they are.  Very good defensive team that shuts other teams best players down. Play all out man to man. Yes, they have a big time 6'6 kid in Matlock, but have several guards that can get it done also. They were 30-6 going into Regionals last year and just fell apart I hear. Lost 4 of last 5 games and ended 31-10, which is not bad. Their big strength is Matlock can play anywhere on the floor and will dunk on your head if you give him just a little chance. I know he has offers on the table and colleges calling and coming to games. I had done some research in Harrison paper and he lead his Hoop Play Team to a National Championship last summer. He's the real deal and will be in the next level. They are fun to watch, just hope they don't do a repeat of last year and fall at end. 

JimmyChitwood

I just looked up their results so far this season. They beat concord 68-38. They beat Valley Springs 83-66. They also beat a bigger school Lincoln by quite a few. This sounds like a good team to me.

JimmyChitwood

Guy lost to Bay 76-72. Omaha beat Bay 66-39. This is not always a way to compare teams but it might tell us how good Omaha really is.

begpmat

Also Valley Springs had beat Kirby a few nights before they played Omaha

BannerChaser95

Quote from: begpmat on January 18, 2018, 11:32:41 am
Also Valley Springs had beat Kirby a few nights before they played Omaha
Neutral court by 4. My want to add that detail in, neutral court in the first weeks of basketball with different players getting their first SR high actions a little different than Omaha playing valley springs at home.

Not taking anything from Omaha, I still have them at #1. But it's hard to compare scores from the first weeks of basketball and two different circumstances

BannerChaser95

January 18, 2018, 12:30:24 pm #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:55:57 pm by BannerChaser95
Would like to add this may be the second weakest region in the state for boys basketball. Omaha and deer pumped out great records last season and both layed giant goose eggs. Not even sure if region 1 won a game in state for boys last season. While it's a new year, keep in mind this region isn't all that great this season, and Omaha doesn't have it easy In state either.

Say they win region 1 and go to the top of quadrant 1. Their second game will be against region 3 runner up(Guy, Concord) possibly, or region 4 runner up (Kirby, County Line, Dierks)

Then if they were to win that game. They may end up catching the winner of region 4(Kirby county line)

For them to win state they'll go through a harder tournament than the winner from region 2 who will coast to the semis 

JimmyChitwood

Things are going to be interesting in motown.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 18, 2018, 11:22:44 am
Guy lost to Bay 76-72. Omaha beat Bay 66-39. This is not always a way to compare teams but it might tell us how good Omaha really is.
Mount Vernon also beat Bay 71-54 and Guy beat Mount Vernon 93-62. It was a new team back then, they hadn't started clicking yet and still are not clicking just yet. I don't care what you say and this isn't even biased but Guy-Perkins has the most talent in 1a. When healthy. When healthy and a full roster they have a good 8 maybe 9 players to rely on. Defense is something they need to greatly improve on.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 18, 2018, 12:45:02 pm
Things are going to be interesting in motown.
This year it seems to be a toss up of the first 4 really.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 01:05:18 pm
This year it seems to be a toss up of the first 4 really.
who are you first 4...?

Also your non bias Guy being the most talented team statement, have you actually watched teams out side of Guy-Perkins play this season? Just curious..

Moonshiner

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 01:03:48 pm
Mount Vernon also beat Bay 71-54 and Guy beat Mount Vernon 93-62. It was a new team back then, they hadn't started clicking yet and still are not clicking just yet. I don't care what you say and this isn't even biased but Guy-Perkins has the most talent in 1a. When healthy. When healthy and a full roster they have a good 8 maybe 9 players to rely on. Defense is something they need to greatly improve on.

I.C.C. May have more talent than Guy.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 18, 2018, 01:25:57 pm
who are you first 4...?

Also your non bias Guy being the most talented team statement, have you actually watched teams out side of Guy-Perkins play this season? Just curious..
Yes lol. and I'm aware of how biased it sounds. But have you seen Guy play?

thebigman3

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 18, 2018, 01:28:55 pm
I.C.C. May have more talent than Guy.
I know they have the best player, but rumor has it they do not have depth.

thebigman3

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 01:29:53 pm
Yes lol. and I'm aware of how biased it sounds. But have you seen Guy play?
And Omaha, CL, ICC, Guy.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 01:32:58 pm
And Omaha, CL, ICC, Guy.
I figured this was your top 4, solid single digit wins over wonderview, and sacred heart. May want to inform the team they're the most talented in the state. With some of their results they're not playing like it!

BannerMountainMan

Omaha
Guy
Kirby
ICC
CL
Concord
Deer

That's prolly all we need to know
In order also

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 01:32:58 pm
And Omaha, CL, ICC, Guy.

I've seen two of them play does that count for anything?

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 18, 2018, 01:39:21 pm
I figured this was your top 4, solid single digit wins over wonderview, and sacred heart. May want to inform the team they're the most talented in the state. With some of their results they're not playing like it!
Ive been saying they are not clicking on all cylinders right now..they haven't played full strength besides maybe 2-3 games this year. Always have 2-3 out seems like. And they're still winning the way they are? Not bad if you ask me...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 06:52:24 pm
Ive been saying they are not clicking on all cylinders right now..they haven't played full strength besides maybe 2-3 games this year. Always have 2-3 out seems like. And they're still winning the way they are? Not bad if you ask me...
This is your non bias opinion though.. right?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 18, 2018, 08:08:35 pm

Does nonbias and opinion belong in the same sentence?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 18, 2018, 11:22:44 am

In my list for analysis of comparing teams that might potentially match up, I always look at comparing scores. My go to stat is of course summer camp scores, then I compare scores. Always accurate.
I know Guy Perkins is gonna be worried as crap in March to know that Omaha beat someone who beat them...all before Christmas. Sheesh.
Now, in full disclosure, I have only seen Guy and Concord play among those top several teams.
County Line, Omaha, Kirby are all intriguing from what I've heard about them though.
What is Omaha's personnel like aside from big kid? I've heard solid guard play, but do they have shooters? Are they more just role players? Or what?

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 18, 2018, 08:08:35 pm
I don't see how this could be bias or nonbias. Just basketball talk. I'm no stranger to the game of 1a basketball of course. If your for Guy Perkins in 1a some people automatically wont listen or even like you just cause of that. I'm aware that nobody likes Guy no matter how good or bad they may be.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 18, 2018, 08:14:54 pm
Does nonbias and opinion belong in the same sentence?
I just am giving him heck, he's up Hutchcrafts rear so far he doesn't know which way to cough.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 19, 2018, 03:45:53 am
I just am giving him heck, he's up Hutchcrafts rear so far he doesn't know which way to cough.
Like I said... If I would be anyone else's talking abt another school and Coach you'd probably be just reading without even caring. But since it's Guy Perkins and Coach Hutchcraft.. I'm sure you don't like Bill Belichick and the Patriots too huh?😂

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 19, 2018, 07:23:03 am
Like I said... If I would be anyone else's talking abt another school and Coach you'd probably be just reading without even caring. But since it's Guy Perkins and Coach Hutchcraft.. I'm sure you don't like Bill Belichick and the Patriots too huh?😂
I love the Patriots

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 19, 2018, 07:24:43 am
I love the Patriots
well hats good. And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to change the subject here. But big Bill is a coach who's been with his team for a long time and always had success and you hear everyone saying "he cheats he's only wins cause he cheats". Same scenario for ole Hutch in this situation.

Backboard Shattered

Free agency is a great thing in the pros you can recruit all the players you can afford.  Very similar true very similar

BannerChaser95

Let's hold up a minute, I get what you're saying. Because who you are "Guy" I don't respect you and I pay more attention to your comments. But you couldn't be more wrong. I pay attention to your comments in particular because you come off to me as a kid who's still in high school. You talk about guy as if they are in fact the only team you have seen play, and thus because they have a winning record, with the name on their chest, they must be something huh? But what I see is a team, who has SURVIVED against teams they should have handled  (Wonderview, Sacred heart)
I've seenthis guy team LOSE to teams it should have beaten (Bay, Foutain Lake) and yet your "Unbiased" opinion is that they're the most athletic team in the state in 1A

Everyone in here is pulling or routing for someone. But you literally do sound like a 10th grader who rides the pine and goes home to hutch every night. And also, please never ever compare the dynasty of NE Patriots, to the Guy-Perkins thunderchickens ever again.

1) Omaha, 2)ICC, 3) County Line, 4) Kirby, and 5)Guy. Because loses to an 8-16 team who won't make state don't just go away

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 19, 2018, 08:39:41 am
Let's hold up a minute, I get what you're saying. Because who you are "Guy" I don't respect you and I pay more attention to your comments. But you couldn't be more wrong. I pay attention to your comments in particular because you come off to me as a kid who's still in high school. You talk about guy as if they are in fact the only team you have seen play, and thus because they have a winning record, with the name on their chest, they must be something huh? But what I see is a team, who has SURVIVED against teams they should have handled  (Wonderview, Sacred heart)
I've seenthis guy team LOSE to teams it should have beaten (Bay, Foutain Lake) and yet your "Unbiased" opinion is that they're the most athletic team in the state in 1A

Everyone in here is pulling or routing for someone. But you literally do sound like a 10th grader who rides the pine and goes home to hutch every night. And also, please never ever compare the dynasty of NE Patriots, to the Guy-Perkins thunderchickens ever again.

1) Omaha, 2)ICC, 3) County Line, 4) Kirby, and 5)Guy. Because loses to an 8-16 team who won't make state don't just go away
Ha! I've watched plenty of teams.. not CL or Omaha.. but like I said you just proved the point. Nobody likes Guy unless your from Guy.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 19, 2018, 08:51:06 am
Ha! I've watched plenty of teams.. not CL or Omaha.. but like I said you just proved the point. Nobody likes Guy unless your from Guy.
Sure, that's what I said if you feel you want to take it that way. However what I really said was is on paper they're 5th behind the 4 teams that I mentioned above. But hey, don't pay attention to stats, or any of that crazy stuff.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 19, 2018, 08:56:18 am
Sure, that's what I said if you feel you want to take it that way. However what I really said was is on paper they're 5th behind the 4 teams that I mentioned above. But hey, don't pay attention to stats, or any of that crazy stuff.
Actually in the Paper they're ranked 3rd sir.

HorseFeathers

Wait....since when does being the most athletic = good? Remember those Stephen and Bradley teams with athletes out the wazzou?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 19, 2018, 08:57:01 am
Actually in the Paper they're ranked 3rd sir.
Yeah, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette Cheif Editor text me the other day asking for tickets to Kirby's game. Because they really pay attention to that kinda thing 1A basketball.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 19, 2018, 08:58:15 am
Wait....since when does being the most athletic = good? Remember those Stephen and Bradley teams with athletes out the wazzou?
Gotta watch that twin grove logic. Especially a high school kids

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 19, 2018, 08:58:15 am
I didn't even say athletic I said talent wise, which still does not mean anything really. I never said they were guaranteed state title holders, I never said they could beat anyone in the state. Just said they have the most talent.

thebigman3

But Banner runner got his panties in a twist over it.

thechampchamp

Guy has a team full of shooters. DONT SLEEP!

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 19, 2018, 08:59:53 am
Yeah, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette Cheif Editor text me the other day asking for tickets to Kirby's game. Because they really pay attention to that kinda thing 1A basketball.
Well then that's probably why Guy is 3 since they pay attention..

BannerChaser95

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 19, 2018, 09:05:44 am
Guy has a team full of shooters. DONT SLEEP!
Stay woke no SLEEP!  Coffee for all

dunkman

Omaha didn't get where they are today with just one player. They are deep and got 3 or 4 guards that can shoot the eyes out of it. Very well balanced team.

thebigman3

Quote from: dunkman on January 19, 2018, 10:39:41 am
Omaha didn't get where they are today with just one player. They are deep and got 3 or 4 guards that can shoot the eyes out of it. Very well balanced team.
Heard they have good guards, but the big man is the key. What about ball handlers? I wish I could watch one of their games but they play 2-3 hours away from me with the remaining games. Hopefully will get to them play in State.

begpmat

got a couple that can handle the rock with anyone. Big man can too.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 19, 2018, 12:54:36 pm
Heard they have good guards, but the big man is the key. What about ball handlers? I wish I could watch one of their games but they play 2-3 hours away from me with the remaining games. Hopefully will get to them play in State.

Seen them play against Deer....Looked like Matlock got very frustrated in teh first half...Refs weren't calling it very tight and Deer was throwing literally everything they had at him(triple teaming him etc)...They do have a couple of good guards that can shoot and do quite well handling the ball....

dunkman

Yeah pretty sure Matlock's accustom to box in ones, double teams and triple teams, but still gets it done. Harrison paper showed he still had 20 against Deer. Guards has made these teams pay for trying to pack it in on him though.  Well balanced that's why their good.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dunkman on January 19, 2018, 01:28:42 pm
Yeah pretty sure Matlock's accustom to box in ones, double teams and triple teams, but still gets it done. Harrison paper showed he still had 20 against Deer. Guards has made these teams pay for trying to pack it in on him though.  Well balanced that's why their good.

he had 6 or so in the first half....didn't adjust until the 3rd quarter

begpmat

Good thing he's got lots of help to win

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas