• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel vs DeQueen

Started by leopardsman22, September 25, 2017, 07:53:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leopardsman22

DeQueen played well Friday night, and Watson chapel is athletic thoughts on game?

redsport27

This is a very significant game. Dequeen at home? I really like their chances of beating Chapel at home based off of what has happened so far. But who knows? I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Eaglefan70

Has Dequeen had a real turn around? I thought they were bad in previous years.

Deuceswild

They might have ran out of soccer uniforms?😂

bearcat33

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on September 25, 2017, 01:15:05 pm
Has Dequeen had a real turn around? I thought they were bad in previous years.
Seeing DeQueen the last few years this year is their least talented team.  They have had talent(size and speed).  Biggest team we play ever year.  This year the coach's scheme seems a lot better.   They made a few key mistakes against us in the redzone and it cost them.  I think they can make the playoffs. They have some really talented backs and huge lineman once again.   

AT

Quote from: redsport27 on September 25, 2017, 12:02:59 pm
This is a very significant game. Dequeen at home? I really like their chances of beating Chapel at home based off of what has happened so far. But who knows? I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Agreed. I would not have circled this game at all before the year, but this might be one of the most intriguing games in the 5A this week.

Lumberjackfan1978

Could be an interesting game but I believe Chapel pulls out a win

leopardsman22

Thing I have noticed that is so different about this team compared to last several years is how physical they have become. Our team is definitely not cut out for the spread. The I formation fits our kids better, and coach Sloan seems to be doing a good job. The Defense still is the most surprising to me by how physical they are all around. A few deep balls really hurt us in early games , but against Hope seemed to be some personnel changes in the secondary, and they looked great. New DC doing a stellar job. Watson Chapel is extremely athletic team look forward to a good game.

Overdahill

Quote from: leopardsman22 on September 26, 2017, 10:58:10 am
Thing I have noticed that is so different about this team compared to last several years is how physical they have become. Our team is definitely not cut out for the spread. The I formation fits our kids better, and coach Sloan seems to be doing a good job. The Defense still is the most surprising to me by how physical they are all around. A few deep balls really hurt us in early games , but against Hope seemed to be some personnel changes in the secondary, and they looked great. New DC doing a stellar job. Watson Chapel is extremely athletic team look forward to a good game.

Very interesting. In the past when my son played vs DEQ in football they were anything but physical; however, in soccer, very physical so maybe the mentality is spreading

GuvHog

Quote from: leopardsman22 on September 26, 2017, 10:58:10 am

De Queen seems always to be huge on both lines but they don't often seem to have speed and quickness. Could be a good game.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Overdahill on September 26, 2017, 11:39:34 am
Very interesting. In the past when my son played vs DEQ in football they were anything but physical; however, in soccer, very physical so maybe the mentality is spreading

Are you equating the physicality of soccer to football?  Didn't DeQueen play for a state title once upon a time.

Overdahill

September 28, 2017, 04:18:02 pm #11 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:21:54 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 28, 2017, 04:11:31 pm
Are you equating the physicality of soccer to football?  Didn't DeQueen play for a state title once upon a time.

Not at all. What i observed in the past was that their football team played what i would call "soft" by football standards and their soccer boys more physical (rough and tumble) by soccer standards. But I only had a couple years of observation around 2011-13

GuvHog

Halftime

Watson Chapel     8

De Queen            7

Wahls

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 28, 2017, 04:11:31 pm

I mean, the old soccer coach he's referring to is the new football coach.

GuvHog

3rd Quarter 7:46

Watson Chapel      16

De Queen               7

Overdahill

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 07:52:04 pm
I mean, the old soccer coach he's referring to is the new football coach.

Cool, I didn't know that

GuvHog

3rd  Quarter  3:08

Watson Chapel         22

De Queen                  7

Wahls

Quote from: Overdahill on September 29, 2017, 08:30:35 pm
Cool, I didn't know that

Like 6 championships in futbol, then beats Nashville on his first try in football.

He might have a statue before this is all over with.

Absolut

GuvHog

4th Quarter 10:10

Watson Chapel       22

De Queen              15

Wahls

Broadcast team said they called 2 unsportsmanlike penalties on De Queen, and 1 on WC, and then marked 15 against De Queen.

I thought that those are supposed to offset even if one team has more than the other?

GuvHog

4th Quarter

Watson Chapel     29

De Queen            15

Wahls

DQ fails to convert on 4th down deep in their own territory. ouch.

GuvHog

4th Quarter 4:36

Watson Chapel     36

De Queen            15

Wahls

This final won't be indicative of how close this game was.

GuvHog

4th Quarter   3:23

Watson Chapel     43

De4 Queen          15

GuvHog

FINAL SCORE

Watson Chapel      43

De Queen             15

zebrafan

GuvHog

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 09:07:08 pm
This final won't be indicative of how close this game was.

It was close in the first half but in the Second half, WC's speed and quickness wore the Leopards down.

That was the best game by far that WC has played so far this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on September 29, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
Offense got rolling huh?

Chapel gained the momentum when they scored a TD just before the end of the first half to go up 8-7 then they pretty well dominated the second half on both sides of the ball.

Underdog2017

Quote from: Wahls on September 29, 2017, 08:54:01 pm
Broadcast team said they called 2 unsportsmanlike penalties on De Queen, and 1 on WC, and then marked 15 against De Queen.

I thought that those are supposed to offset even if one team has more than the other?

More like.. 30 yards! Yes they should off-set but instead the refs penalized DQ 2 times for that's one play. The play that was on a huge QB sack for major loss and QB threw the ball in DQ player face throwing a fit and DQ player pushed the QB. Refs stacked 2 penalties on DQ for 30 yards to put WC inside their 15. Game was over after that! Momentum died.

Stacking penalties must've been legalized this week lol never seen that before!

Wahls

Quote from: Underdog2017 on September 29, 2017, 10:55:32 pmStacking penalties must’ve been legalized this week lol never seen that before!

Well it's the first I've ever heard of it and unless it just got legalized, or there is something else in play here, that crew should get suspended.

If nothing has changed, that is egregious. You have all the time in the world to get that right.

Basketball13

Quote from: Underdog2017 on September 29, 2017, 10:55:32 pm
More like.. 30 yards! Yes they should off-set but instead the refs penalized DQ 2 times for that's one play. The play that was on a huge QB sack for major loss and QB threw the ball in DQ player face throwing a fit and DQ player pushed the QB. Refs stacked 2 penalties on DQ for 30 yards to put WC inside their 15. Game was over after that! Momentum died.

Stacking penalties must've been legalized this week lol never seen that before!

Two unsportsmanlike penalties that offset. And 1 personal foul on DQ. Ball moved 15 yards from spot. 1st down. Went from the 27 to the 12.

Basketball13

Quote from: Basketball13 on September 30, 2017, 04:20:47 am
Two unsportsmanlike penalties that offset. And 1 personal foul on DQ. Ball moved 15 yards from spot. 1st down. Went from the 27 to the 12.

Just so nobody thinks refs aren't out here trying to get better ;)

leopardsman22

Defensively the leopards are best I have seen here in many years. They shut down watson Chapel while fighting officals at same time in first 3 quarters. 2 or 3 penalities right before half including that pass interference call that set watson chapel up for a TD. 2nd half officals just hamstringed the leopards at everyturn and didnt let this game play out to be the great game it should have been. 4th quarter after personel foul penalty leopards got head down . like our new offense but coach Sloan got to be able to get our speed outside more when people load the box.

GuvHog

September 30, 2017, 07:56:48 am #35 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:58:48 am by GuvHog
Quote from: Underdog2017 on September 29, 2017, 10:55:32 pm
More like.. 30 yards! Yes they should off-set but instead the refs penalized DQ 2 times for that’s one play. The play that was on a huge QB sack for major loss and QB threw the ball in DQ player face throwing a fit and DQ player pushed the QB. Refs stacked 2 penalties on DQ for 30 yards to put WC inside their 15. Game was over after that! Momentum died.

Stacking penalties must’ve been legalized this week lol never seen that before!

Stacking penalties only happens when there is a penalty called during the play and a dead ball foul called after the play or when multiple Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties get called. In this case, the personal foul on De Queen was called for something that happened during the play and the Unsportsmanlike Conduct calls against both teams came after the play.

GuvHog

Quote from: leopardsman22 on September 30, 2017, 07:30:53 am
Defensively the leopards are best I have seen here in many years. They shut down watson Chapel while fighting officals at same time in first 3 quarters. 2 or 3 penalities right before half including that pass interference call that set watson chapel up for a TD. 2nd half officals just hamstringed the leopards at everyturn and didnt let this game play out to be the great game it should have been. 4th quarter after personel foul penalty leopards got head down . like our new offense but coach Sloan got to be able to get our speed outside more when people load the box.

Seriously? Chapel drove the ball inside the De Queen 10 twice in the first half but couldn't score due to silly mistakes. Chapel should have been ahead 22 to 8 at the half. The Leopards did slow down WC's offense a couple of times but they didn't shut them down.

Sportscaster

September 30, 2017, 08:16:03 am #37 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:19:47 am by Sportscaster
Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2017, 07:56:48 am
Stacking penalties only happens when there is a penalty called during the play and a dead ball foul called after the play or when multiple Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties get called. In this case, the personal foul on De Queen was called for something that happened during the play and the Unsportsmanlike Conduct calls against both teams came after the play.

After watching film, there was only one flag thrown and it was after the play. Maybe the ref forgot to throw his flag. I believe there needs to be a committee formed that reviews all alligations of misconduct by referees. This might encourage them to know the rules and follow a little closer.

GuvHog

Quote from: Sportscaster on September 30, 2017, 08:16:03 am
After watching film, there was only one flag thrown and it was after the play. Maybe the ref forgot to throw his flag. I believe there needs to be a committee formed that reviews all alligations of misconduct by referees. This might encourage them to know the rules and follow a little closer.

It's my understanding that a Personal foul unnecessary roughness was called on De Queen because they pushed the WC QB back 15 yards after the play had been blown dead, then the 2 Unsportsmanlike penalties that offset occurred after that.

Underdog2017

Quote from: Sportscaster on September 30, 2017, 08:16:03 am

Say it louder for the people in the back please!

Underdog2017

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2017, 08:31:05 am
It's my understanding that a Personal foul unnecessary roughness was called on De Queen because they pushed the WC QB back 15 yards after the play had been blown dead, then the 2 Unsportsmanlike penalties that offset occurred after that.

Only 1 flag ever thrown!

Underdog2017

Quote from: Basketball13 on September 30, 2017, 04:20:47 am

DQ sacked WC QB for 15 yard loss pushing WC back to the 42. Unsportsmanlike conduct should've offset leaving the ball on the 42 but refs spot the ball at the 12. 42-30=12 but I could be wrong. Obviously rules are subject to change 🤷🏻‍♂️

leopardsman22

GUV Hog look at stats in first half not sure what they wete but guarantee penalties against leopards were half the yards. That being said yall have a super athletic team that should get better each week. Im saying compared to years past tell me Leopards defense isnt vastly improved? New DC has leopards playing a much improved brand of football. 2 players told me he makes everything very simple and easy to understand fun intense guy to play for.

Sportscaster

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2017, 08:31:05 am

Sir, I must disagree, I've just watched the film again and only 1 flag was thrown after the play. There was a WC player calling for a flag during the play so if he persuaded the official to make that decision then I would say misconduct by the officials. If they wanted to throw a flag for that then they needed to throw for both sides. It was equally occurring all night from both sides.  Once again, only 1 flag was thrown after the play, which shows misconduct by the officials.

Underdog2017

Quote from: Sportscaster on September 30, 2017, 09:31:00 am
Sir, I must disagree, I've just watched the film again and only 1 flag was thrown after the play. There was a WC player calling for a flag during the play so if he persuaded the official to make that decision then I would say misconduct by the officials. If they wanted to throw a flag for that then they needed to throw for both sides. It was equally occurring all night from both sides.  Once again, only 1 flag was thrown after the play, which shows misconduct by the officials.

RETWEET!

Iknewthemwhen

Another big week coming up.  Starting to look like a race.

#iknownothing

so you guys are kidding right? you are blaming a 27 point butt kicking on one play? How about the awful call on the supposed late hit on the DeQueen qb when he threw a pick? WC dominated on both lines of scrimmage all night. DQ had no answer for the Cats being in a 5 front. I know you guys beat Nashville for the first time since the Reagan administration, but you are still DQ. You got beat by a better team by 27 at your house! Take your medicine, lick your wounds and get ready for Hot Springs. Claiming official misconduct is pretty sad. All officials miss every call, they never do anything right, and they are the worst human beings ever! We all know that. Find something else to cry about.

Sportscaster

September 30, 2017, 09:51:48 pm #47 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:54:39 pm by Sportscaster
Quote from: #iknownothing on September 30, 2017, 08:27:31 pm
so you guys are kidding right? you are blaming a 27 point butt kicking on one play? How about the awful call on the supposed late hit on the DeQueen qb when he threw a pick? WC dominated on both lines of scrimmage all night. DQ had no answer for the Cats being in a 5 front. I know you guys beat Nashville for the first time since the Reagan administration, but you are still DQ. You got beat by a better team by 27 at your house! Take your medicine, lick your wounds and get ready for Hot Springs. Claiming official misconduct is pretty sad. All officials miss every call, they never do anything right, and they are the worst human beings ever! We all know that. Find something else to cry about.

Man, to be so defensive of the officials, you must have been one.  I am sorry.  Nobody ever said it was the reason for the loss.   Good luck the rest of the year sir.  I hope you make better calls.  We were all adults in the conversation and never said anything bad about the WC team.  So, please show some sportsmanship and be respectful. 

bearcat33

I was told by people at the game it was a 7 pt game with 8 minutes left????  Also said DQ was up 7-0 with 40 seconds left in the half???  If so it sounded like a closer game than WC folks are saying.

footballfan-tastic

It was a close game most of the way but WC took advantage of their opportunities during the game and during the 4th quarter for sure to get the win.  Game was mostly tighter than the final score. Defense did a good job all night to keep DQ from scoring.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas