• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2008 MLB Thread

Started by msubulldogs21, March 09, 2008, 12:39:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

msubulldogs21

New season, new thread.

We're only 17 days away from the Red Sox and A's opening the season with a 2 game series in Japan. Don't know about the rest of you, but my excitement is building by the day. What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Let's get some good discussion going here. Keep all MLB talk, predictions, updates, etc in this thread throughout the season.

My predictions:

AL East

1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Blue Jays
4. Rays
5. Orioles

AL Central

1. Tigers
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Twins
5. Royals

AL West

1. Angels
2. Mariners
3. Rangers
4. A's

AL Wild Card

Yankees

NL East

1. Mets
2. Braves
3. Phillies
4. Nationals
5. Marlins

NL Central

1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Cardinals
4. Astros
5. Reds
6. Pirates

NL West

1. D-backs
2. Dodgers
3. Rockies
4. Padres
5. Giants

NL Wild Card

Braves

ALDS

Tigers over Yankees
Red Sox over Angels

NLDS

D-backs over Braves
Mets over Cubs

ALCS

Tigers over Red Sox

NLCS

D-backs over Mets

World Series

Tigers over D-backs

RHS

March 09, 2008, 01:08:07 am #1 Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 04:23:41 pm by RHS
AL East

1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Blue Jays
4. Rays
5. Orioles

AL Central

1. Tigers
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Twins
5. Royals

AL West

1. Angels
2. Mariners
3. Rangers
4. A's

AL Wild Card

Indians

NL East

1. Mets
2. Braves
3. Phillies
4. Nationals
5. Marlins

NL Central

1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Cardinals
4. Astros
5. Reds
6. Pirates

NL West

1. D-backs
2. Rockies
3. Dodgers
4. Padres
5. Giants

NL Wild Card

Braves

ALDS

Tigers advance past Angels
Red Sox advance past Indians

NLDS

D-backs over Braves
Mets over Cubs

ALCS

Tigers over Red Sox

NLCS

Mets over D-backs

World Series

Tigers over Mets

I think the AL Central will be the toughest in the league this year.
NL Central again gets the honors for crappiest division.

dc24

I'm just hoping the Mariners do good and I think they will as long as Felix doesn't get hurt and Bedard isn't a one season wonder.  Rotation looks good, bullpen will be fine, but losing Sherrill hurts.  I'm a little concerned about the offense.  I think Sexson will break out this year though.  It's been said that he has been working harder than ever to get back to his old form.  If he comes through and Wilkerson or someone else steps up in RF, we'll be pretty dang good.

msubulldogs21

Quote from: RHS on March 09, 2008, 01:08:07 amALDS
Tigers advance past Indians (is that possible?)

No, it's not. Two teams from the same division can't face each other in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of records.

I agree with you about the AL Central being the toughest division. I think the White Sox are really going to surprise some people with the additions of Cabrera and Swisher. And yes, the NL Central will once again be "bringing up the rear".

bulldogs1159

Brewers over the Cards? Are you guys insane?

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 09, 2008, 01:25:06 am
Quote from: RHS on March 09, 2008, 01:08:07 amALDS
Tigers advance past Indians (is that possible?)

No, it's not. Two teams from the same division can't face each other in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of records.

I agree with you about the AL Central being the toughest division. I think the White Sox are really going to surprise some people with the additions of Cabrera and Swisher. And yes, the NL Central will once again be "bringing up the rear".

There may be a rear involved, but I can see the Brewers playing for the World Series.  And if the Cards make about 18 different trades, they'll have a shot. :)

RHS

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 09, 2008, 01:25:06 amNo, it's not. Two teams from the same division can't face each other in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of records.

Didn't think so. Fixed it now.

War Eagle

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 09, 2008, 12:39:07 am
New season, new thread.

We're only 17 days away from the Red Sox and A's opening the season with a 2 game series in Japan. Don't know about the rest of you, but my excitement is building by the day. What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Let's get some good discussion going here. Keep all MLB talk, predictions, updates, etc in this thread throughout the season.

My predictions:

AL East

1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Blue Jays
4. Rays
5. Orioles

AL Central

1. Tigers
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Twins
5. Royals

AL West

1. Angels
2. Mariners
3. Rangers
4. A's

AL Wild Card

Yankees

NL East

1. Mets
2. Braves
3. Phillies
4. Nationals
5. Marlins

NL Central

1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Cardinals
4. Astros
5. Reds
6. Pirates

NL West

1. D-backs
2. Dodgers
3. Rockies
4. Padres
5. Giants

NL Wild Card

Braves

ALDS

Tigers over Yankees
Red Sox over Angels

NLDS

D-backs over Braves
Mets over Cubs

ALCS

Tigers over Red Sox

NLCS

D-backs over Mets

World Series

D-backs over Tigers

Fixed it

WBF †

I think y'all have the Diamondbacks too high. I just don't think they're going to be that good.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: WBF † on March 09, 2008, 05:02:28 pm
I think y'all have the Diamondbacks too high. I just don't think they're going to be that good.
Have you seen their starting rotation?

msubulldogs21

Quote from: WBF † on March 09, 2008, 05:02:28 pmI think y'all have the Diamondbacks too high. I just don't think they're going to be that good.

Anyone who has Brandon Webb and Danny Haren at the top of the rotation is going to be good. How good remains to be seen, but I like their chances. They went to the NLCS last year and improved themselves over the offseason.

rsvl_hogfan4

SandLizard04

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 09, 2008, 06:20:20 am

I hate to admit it J-Lo, but we are going to suck this year.

Rizzo

In other news, Tampa Bay lefty David Price touched 99 in his pro debut. He hit the first guy, and then struck out the side, against the Yankees, in his lone inning of work.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on March 09, 2008, 09:52:44 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 09, 2008, 06:20:20 am

I hate to admit it J-Lo, but we are going to suck this year.
We really need a sarcasm button.

jbell96

This is year two of the five year grace period, so I won't get too upset if the Cards suck this year............ Who am I kidding, I'll complain all season!

Footballer

If Hampton can come back and stay healthy, the Braves could have a dominate pitching staff. I'm excited just to see Glavine back in Atlanta.

RHS

Quote from: Footballer on March 09, 2008, 11:47:59 pm
If Hampton can come back and stay healthy

You're asking for a lot.

Footballer

Quote from: RHS on March 10, 2008, 12:45:11 am<br />
Quote from: Footballer on March 09, 2008, 11:47:59 pm<br />If Hampton can come back and stay healthy
<br /><br />You're asking for a lot.<br />

Very true. He left early with a groin problem the other day. A Smoltz, Hudson, and Glavine combination is still quite good though.

WBF †

Quote from: Footballer on March 10, 2008, 01:05:42 am
Quote from: Footballer on March 09, 2008, 11:47:59 pm<br />If Hampton can come back and stay healthy

Very true. He left early with a groin problem the other day. A Smoltz, Hudson, and Glavine combination is still quite good though.

They're my team, but not sure the firepower will be there. Still need another bat to secure Tex Mex IMO.

Footballer

Quote from: WBF † on March 10, 2008, 01:28:44 am<br />
Quote from: Footballer on March 10, 2008, 01:05:42 am<br />
<br /><br />Very true. He left early with a groin problem the other day. A Smoltz, Hudson, and Glavine combination is still quite good though.<br />
<br /><br />They're my team, but not sure the firepower will be there. Still need another bat to secure Tex Mex IMO.<br />

I've got a good feeling about this group. I think Kotsay's going to fit in great. Everyone in the lineup has proven themselves to be consistent big league players before.

msubulldogs21

Quote from: WBF † on March 10, 2008, 01:28:44 amThey're my team, but not sure the firepower will be there. Still need another bat to secure Tex Mex IMO.

Atlanta is going to have a GOOD lineup. I'd be more worried about pitching than hitting if I was you.

Johnson/Kotsay/Chipper/Teixeira/McCann/Francoer/Escobar. I'd take that any day of the week.

WBF †

Escobar isn't proven yet. But he's my sleeper on every Fantasy Team. He'll be a breakout this year, mark my post/word. Save it, take a picture, memorize it, whatever.

(I'm worried about the pen!)

rsvl_hogfan4

March 10, 2008, 07:05:03 pm #23 Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:07:28 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
This isn't really about baseball, but it was during a baseball segment.

How ignorant can ESPN be? During Sportscenter they were talking about Randy Johnson's performance. Near the bottom of the screen it showed his stats and where they were from. It said Tucson, AR. I didn't realize Arkansas had Arizona's spring training.

SMC

AL East
1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Blue Jays
4. Devil Rays
5. Orioles

AL Central
1. Indians
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. White Sox
5. Royals

AL West
1. Angels
2. Mariners
3. A's
4. Rangers

NL East
1. Mets
2. Braves
3. Phillies
4. Nationals
5. Marlins

NL Central
1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Astros
4. Cardinals
5. Reds
6. Pirates

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Padres
4. Rockies
5. Giants

NL Wild Card - Diamondbacks
AL Wild Card - Tigers

Red Sox over Tigers
Indians over Angels

Diamondbacks upset Mets
Cubs over Dodgers

Indians over Red Sox
Cubs over Diamondbacks

Cubs over Indians  :)

Best division - AL Central
Worst division - NL East (Marlins and Nats both dreadful, Braves mediocre, Phils can hit a ton but no pitching).

msubulldogs21

So this is finally the year, huh Ryan? How fitting if it did happen though, considering it would be the 100th anniversary.

WBF †

Quote from: SMC on March 10, 2008, 07:19:37 pm
AL East
1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Blue Jays
4. Devil Rays
5. Orioles

AL Central
1. Indians
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. White Sox
5. Royals

AL West
1. Angels
2. Mariners
3. A's
4. Rangers

NL East
1. Mets
2. Braves
3. Phillies
4. Nationals
5. Marlins

NL Central
1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Astros
4. Cardinals
5. Reds
6. Pirates

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Padres
4. Rockies
5. Giants

NL Wild Card - Diamondbacks
AL Wild Card - Tigers

Red Sox over Tigers
Indians over Angels

Diamondbacks upset Mets
Cubs over Dodgers

Indians over Red Sox
Cubs over Diamondbacks

Cubs over Indians  :)

Best division - AL Central
Worst division - NL East (Marlins and Nats both dreadful, Braves mediocre, Phils can hit a ton but no pitching).
Don't agree with NL East being worst division. That's crazy.

Indiana Jones

Rizzo

^ You failed to mention the collision at homeplate at an earlier game in Spring Training. It's a fairly well known, unwritten rule that you don't take out the catcher in a Spring Training game. They make a dirty play, you retaliate, it's how the game's played.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Jarred on March 12, 2008, 10:30:18 pm
^ You failed to mention the collision at homeplate at an earlier game in Spring Training. It's a fairly well known, unwritten rule that you don't take out the catcher in a Spring Training game. They make a dirty play, you retaliate, it's how the game's played.
You have the uniforms on, people pay to see it, score is kept. I saw nothing wrong with the play at home. It was not dirty at all, just baseball. God forbid someone touch a yankee.

msubulldogs21

I can obviously see where both teams would be mad and what started the brawl. However, I don't agree with Shelley Duncan coming out in the papers and saying he's going to hurt somebody. Sure, you can retaliate, but don't say you plan on injuring another player. That's a little over the top. I loved the Johnny Gomes tackle though. Hilarious. That dude seems about half nuts anyway. Where's Kyle Farnsworth when you need him? Didn't see him spear anybody this time.

Rizzo

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 12, 2008, 10:40:01 pm
You have the uniforms on, people pay to see it, score is kept. I saw nothing wrong with the play at home. It was not dirty at all, just baseball. God forbid someone touch a yankee.
Regular season, when you're fighting for a playoff spot, go ahead, take out the catcher. But in an exhibition game...that's a little over the top. The catcher's not out for 10-12 weeks with a broken wrist.

WBF †

If his wrist wasn't broke guarantee this wouldn't even be happening. Yankees get what they deserve.

Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 12:27:46 am
Regular season, when you're fighting for a playoff spot, go ahead, take out the catcher. But in an exhibition game...that's a little over the top. The catcher's not out for 10-12 weeks with a broken wrist.
You said it yourself before, you play to WIN. Spring training, practice, regular season game, or Game 7 of the World Series, if the catcher is in my way, I will attempt to run him over, period.

WBF †

Anyone have a link to this video?

Rizzo

Quote from: WBF † on March 13, 2008, 12:46:12 am
If his wrist wasn't broke guarantee this wouldn't even be happening. Yankees get what they deserve.

You said it yourself before, you play to WIN. Spring training, practice, regular season game, or Game 7 of the World Series, if the catcher is in my way, I will attempt to run him over, period.
There are certain things you don't do...if you don't understand that, that's fine.

WBF †

Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 01:29:10 am

There are certain things you don't do...if you don't understand that, that's fine.
If you don't understand that winning is everything in sports, I understand.

bulldogs1159

There is nothing wrong with it. I understand what your trying to say, but I don't see a problem with it. And I have been around baseball my entire life.

RHS

The collision at home gets into those "unwritten rules of baseball" that seem to shift ever so slightly with every instance. I didn't know about the play the day before at home before I saw that slide at 2nd, but it does change things. Taking the catcher out at home in spring training is bush league just like it was last year when A-Rod yelled while rounding 3rd.

It's like when the manager got hacked at the guy in San Diego breaking up a no hitter or perfect game with a bunt single in the 8th inning I think. I believe the manager of the team with the pitcher called it "chicken sh*t" but I looked at it as "They are down 2 runs and haven't done anything, why not try it?"

Rizzo

Quote from: WBF † on March 13, 2008, 01:29:52 am

Do they have a World Series for Spring Training? Spring Training is to get your vets a few ab's, some work in the field, and test out your prospects, get younger guys ab's against major league pitching. Half of the guys playing in those spring training games won't be on the big league club to start the season.

bulldogs1159

Which is why those guys have to bust their buts to show management what they got. You aint gonna get a roster spot pullin up at home.

Rizzo

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 13, 2008, 02:53:51 am
Which is why those guys have to bust their buts to show management what they got. You aint gonna get a roster spot pullin up at home.
You don't have to pull up, but you don't have to barrel over a catcher either.

WBF †

Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 02:52:13 am

Do they have a World Series for Spring Training? Spring Training is to get your vets a few ab's, some work in the field, and test out your prospects, get younger guys ab's against major league pitching. Half of the guys playing in those spring training games won't be on the big league club to start the season.
Then why does this matter?

That catcher won't ever see PT anyways.
Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 03:00:03 am
Then what do you do? Slide and break your own leg? Jump over him? Fly around? It's either stand up or take 'em out on a play like that. A slide gets you nowhere.

Rizzo

Quote from: WBF † on March 13, 2008, 01:28:41 pm
Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 02:52:13 am

Then why does this matter?

That catcher won't ever see PT anyways.
Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 03:00:03 am
Then what do you do? Slide and break your own leg? Jump over him? Fly around? It's either stand up or take 'em out on a play like that. A slide gets you nowhere.
You......just don't get it.

msubulldogs21

In other news, the Red Sox released Doug Mirabelli today. It definitely came as a surprise to me. While he is an automatic out at the plate, he was Wakefield's personal catcher for years. Hope Varitek can handle the knuckleball. He has been shaky in the past in trying to do so (see 2004 ALCS Game 5).

Rizzo

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 13, 2008, 02:13:18 pm
In other news, the Red Sox released Doug Mirabelli today. It definitely came as a surprise to me. While he is an automatic out at the plate, he was Wakefield's personal catcher for years. Hope Varitek can handle the knuckleball. He has been shaky in the past in trying to do so (see 2004 ALCS Game 5).
Maybe they're planning on getting rid of Wakefield.

msubulldogs21

Quote from: Jarred on March 13, 2008, 02:16:56 pm
Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 13, 2008, 02:13:18 pmIn other news, the Red Sox released Doug Mirabelli today. It definitely came as a surprise to me. While he is an automatic out at the plate, he was Wakefield's personal catcher for years. Hope Varitek can handle the knuckleball. He has been shaky in the past in trying to do so (see 2004 ALCS Game 5).
Maybe they're planning on getting rid of Wakefield.

Not this year. His option was picked up in the off-season. Plus, with Schilling out at least until after the All Star Break we need some rotation stability.

John R. Wooden

March 13, 2008, 08:57:47 pm #46 Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:43:05 am by John R. Wooden
I haven't read really any of the thread, so I don't have a clue what anyone has said and or predicited.
And I am not going to give a break down of every team.  I probably only know enough in depth info about half of the 30 teams to give indepth reports.

AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL East

Boston Red Sox - Beckett is going to miss his opening day start.  Sox fans have to hope it isn't an injury that effects him in the long term with Schilling likely to miss the entire season.  Dice-K proved that he could be a formidale pitcher in America as well, but it will be interesting to see how he fares this year as the #2 starter in the rotation with Schilling out.  Youkilis had a coming out party in the playoffs last year and gives the Red Sox an even more intimidating lineup.  I don't know if Lowell will have a reapeat of how he performed in 2007, but if he does than watch out because this team could repeat.

New York Yankees  Once again, hitting won't be a problem for the Yanks this year.  They have an almost completely revamped, and young pitching staff.  How can youngsters in the pitching rotation, like Hughes and Kennedy perform?  Are Wang and Pettite really that intimidating of a 1-2 punch?  My gut is telling me no.  Hoewever, their hitting will once again be what wins them games, and perhaps the division.  As much as I hate them, they are still the Yankees and will be a World Series contender once again in 2008.

Toronto Blue Jays  A solid 1-2 punch in their rotation in Halladay and Burnett.  But after that they have, Dustin McGowan, Shaun Marcum, and Jesse Litch.  If you hav the same befuddled look on your face as I did after reading those three names, than you have every right to be.  2006 World Series MVP, David Eckstein is in the lineup at SS, and the Blue Jays actually have a respectable lineup.  IMHO, the best player no one gives credit to is Alex Rios.  Scott Rolen and Troy Glaus flip-flopped teams, don't know if there is a major drop or incline in talent between the two, and I don't really see the trade dramatically helping either team, barring a break out season from Glaus or Rolen.  Of course Vernon Wells will be anchoring the lineup and he is another great player that gets very little recognition.  While this team is good, they are still several pieces away from being able to compete with the Yanks and Sox.

Tampa Bay Rays - They've actually got some good young pitchers in Kazmir, Edwin Santana, Scott Shields, and Matt Garza.  Once again they have a very speedy and potentially dagnerous, young lineup, but none of it is enough to keep the Rays from being one of the running jokes in the league.

Baltimore Orioles - They lost their two best players.  How much do you really expect from them.  They might get lucky and finish ahead of the Rays, but neither team is going to be anything special.

AL Central

Detroit Tigers - Their offseason acquisitions instantly made them a World Series contender.  When the weakest bat in your lineup is probably Edgar Renteria or Carlos Guillen, then you don't have much to worry about.  I mean this lineup even looks like the Yankees lineup on "roids".   It is just sick.  Add that to one of the deepest rotations in baseball, and you've got a ligit World Series contender in Detroit once again.  As attractive as their offseason acquisitions look, I still always have a hard time picking a team to win it all in their first season after making blockbuster moves as the Tigers did.

Cleveland Indians - This pitching rotation is sick.  Sabathia, Carmona, Byrd, and Westbrook?  Ouch.  If I was an opposing team I'd never really look forward to playing these guys.  They were one game away from making theWorld Series a year ago and I don't really see them dropping off much, if any, in 2008.  They've also got a very solid lineup anchored by Sizemore, Martinez and Hafner.

Chicago White Sox  They had a very dissapointing 2007 campaign.  I can't see Ozzie Guillen letting it happen again this year.  If he does then we may see him lose his head.  They did add Nick Swisher, and Orlando Hudson, to an already pretty respectable lineup.  They also have a good enough pitching staff, where it isn't too much of a stretch to see them being able to compete for the AL Central crown.

Minnesota Twins Another team that let two of their best players go.  How can you expect much from them?  Fransisco Liriano is back, but will he be the same pitcher we saw two years ago?  Hard to say, but if so, then the Twins have another Cy Young contender in their rotation.  Other than that, this team has quite a few of question marks.

Kansas City Royals -  They're the Royals.  While the young talent is there and there is some potential in the rotation, expecting anything more than 65-70 wins out of this team is pretty unrealistic.  Another season finishing at the bottom of the division and with one of the worst records in the league is in their future.

AL West

California Los Angeles Angles of Orange County South Los Angeles Angels - They added Tori Hunter and Garey Matthews Jr. to an already potent lineup.  C.C. Sabathia got to fat and is now playing AAA ball for the Red Sox(although he may make an appearance in "The Show" sooner than expected.)  Still yet their pitching is going to be very solid and in a four team division where two of the teams can not acheive anything better than mediocrity, they should win the division.

Seattle Mariners - They added perhaps the most underrated pitcher in baseball the past 3 years to their rotation.  If Felix Hernandez can stay healthy, then that gives the Mariners one of the scariest 1-2 punches in baseball.  The offense will still be suspect at times, especially playing in SAFECO.  Still yet, they should be good enough to if not win the West, compete for the title.

Oakland A's - While I think Billy Beane has a great baseball mind, it still blows my mind how he lets his best players go almost every year after they have a breakout season for young prospects in return.  Blanton and Harden are both solid starters, but after them, their rotation is one big question mark.  Once again, playing in that park, their offense will be anemic.

Texas Rangers - May have plenty of offense, but once again no pitching, means losing more games than you win.  I would have thought they would have figured things out by now and made some moves to bring in some pitching or at least tried to develop pitchers in their farm system.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL East

New York Mets - When a team adds the best pitcher in baseball to their roster in a National League that is starting to take the form of the East in the NBA, expectations will be high.  Jose Reyes, David Wright, and even Carlos Beltran are all potential MVP candidates.  I feel this team's success really hinges on what Pedro Martinez can do.  If he stays healthy and can just at least be half of what he used to be, then there is no reason why this team shouldn't be the favorites to represent the NL in the World Series.

Atlanta Braves - I did see some saying in the thread that this lineup could be a question mark for this team.  Are you kidding me?  This team will have one of the 3 most dangerous lineups in the NL and one of the most dangerous in all of baseball.  The question mark for this team will be their pitching staff.  Glavine and Smoltz are getting older, what will they get out of Tim Hudson, and can Mike Hampton stay healthy?  Right now it kind of seems to be up in the air about who their 5th starter will be, Chuck James, or Jair Jurrjens.  Either way the 5th spot in the rotation will have a big question mark.  If Hampton does get hurt, then Atlanta will be relegated to use both James and Jurrjen.  Still yet, they have a very potent lineup and even if they don't contend for the division title, they should be in the hunt for the Wild Card all year long.

Philadelphia Phillies - This team scored more runs than every team other than the Yankees last year.  They have two MVP's in Howard and Rollins and a very solid lineup to surround those guys.  The question mark, once again, with this team will be their pitching staff.  The pitchers don't have to be great because this team will score a lot of runs, but they need to be solid if they want to compete for the East title and a World Series.  I think it is clear to say though, that the Mets, Braves, and Phillies are all the class of this division and it will be a 3 horse race most of the year.

Washington Nationals - They got a new ballpark, but not much else.  Another dismal season in Washington looks unavoidable.

Florida Marlins - Another team that lost probably their two best players, and will more than likely be a AAA team disguised as a big league team.  Nothing more than 65 wins should be expected from this team.

NL Central

Chicago Cubs -  They are playing in the "JV" division of baseball, but have the best lineup and a solid pitching rotation.  It won't take much more than 82-85 wins to win this division.  They do have a potential Cy Young pitcher in Zambrano but after him there are quite a few question marks in their rotation.

Milwaukee Brewers

Houston Astros

St. Louis Cardinals

Cincinatti Reds

Pittsburgh Pirates

NL West

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Diego Padres

Colorado Rockies

Arizona Diamondbacks

San Fransico Giants

I didn't have time to give any kind of analysis or in depth breakdowns after the Cubs becasue I am doing this at work and we are closing in 10 minutes.  If i have time I'll go back and finish up when I get home in the next night or two.  With that said....

My World Series Prediction

Angels over Mets

WBF †

Troy Hudson? I'm rolling.

(I don't wanna use the quote feature - but this is to Jarred)

You....don't get it. Winning is everything, from T-ball to World Series. I will almost guarantee that everyone on this board would truck the catcher before pulling up or sliding. But since we're not cool like you and playing upper-level ball, we're wrong, right?

John R. Wooden

March 14, 2008, 12:42:25 am #48 Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:44:54 am by John R. Wooden
Sorry, had a brain fart.  I know it's Tim.  I don't know why I put Troy.  I know he plays or either played in the NBA and all but I wouldn't think I'd be dumb enough to get him and Tim's name mixed up.  I did all of that at work, and I have to watch what kind of websites I get on(get your mind out of the gutters pervs)anything sports and/or message boards are frowned upon.  So I was looking over my shoulder the whole time I did this because my boss would walk in the room every 20-25 minutes.

Rizzo

March 14, 2008, 01:03:57 am #49 Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:03:28 am by Jarred
Quote from: WBF † on March 14, 2008, 12:10:36 am
Troy Hudson? I'm rolling.

(I don't wanna use the quote feature - but this is to Jarred)

You....don't get it. Winning is everything, from T-ball to World Series. I will almost guarantee that everyone on this board would truck the catcher before pulling up or sliding. But since we're not cool like you and playing upper-level ball, we're wrong, right?
Yeah, something like that. The purpose of spring training games is to get guys at bats against live pitching before the season. I'm not sure if you've ever been to a spring training game to know what it's like, but the big league guys get an ab or two and are done, and it's younger guys showing what they've got against big league pitching. If it was all about winning in spring training, they'd leave the 9 starters on the field for 9 innings.

To be such a "faithful" person, you can really be an a*s sometimes. Your comments about me playing, were unnecessary.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas