• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

River Valley Combined 3A/4A conference in 2016-2017

Started by beach bum, March 24, 2016, 03:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

Not so close this time...!

Girls:
Ozark 58
Cedarville 33

x14113

From thrust to parry...!

Boys:
Ozark 42
Cedarville 32

BigMan15

1-Adam-12

Booneville 66
Mansfield 45

A bit tougher at their place (Tigers hit 10 threes) but the Cats come out with the W.  Booneville girls win also (41-30).

(((Subi2Sweet)))

BigMan15

1-Adam-12

Narrow escape for Booneville tonight.  Waldron was pumped on their Senior Night but the Cats escape 45-43.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

1-Adam-12

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 03, 2017, 12:44:26 pm
Whoa! Waldron must have been really pumped!!!

Waldron played about as well as they can play.  #2 was hot, hit five 3's, and they rebounded very well.  Bulldogs had a chance to tie having been fouled on a 3 with 2 seconds left but the kid only hit one of the free throws.

Now that they have had this narrow escape, Booneville has a chance to really make a statement, getting Ozark and Paris in their house next week.  The Cats threw in a couple of clunkers when they played the Hillbillies and Eagles on the road.

x14113

Couldn't sustain a fast start...

Subiaco 44
Ozark 42

(((Subi2Sweet)))

#15 for Ozark was really good last night at Subi and #23 made Subi pay for helping off of him, nailing a couple 3s. Subi just never went away and took their first lead around 5 minutes left in the game. Hopefully the Trojans have something left in their tank for Charleston tonight.

BigMan15

Hog-fan

Heading into the final week...

1. Subiaco      9-3
2. Ozark         9-3
3. Paris          9-3
4. Booneville   9-3
5. Charleston   7-4
6. Cedarville   2-10
7. Waldron     2-9
8. Mansfield   0-12

fbisgreat

Quote from: 3rdpartyperspective on January 23, 2017, 01:59:43 pm
How is Charleston  30+ better than Subiaco with Fenner on the court when the lost to Booneville by 6pts and by 3pts with him playing both games.  Granted, the first game he didn't have his "football players" but he gave up, wasn't focused and just looked dazed at times  while being guarded by sophomores. The second game, Booneville got to him again to the point that that apparently he did something the coach didn't approve of an benched him the second half which while on the bench he contributed as much as he did while playing the first half. So in my opinion since I have seen Charleston and Subiaco play as well as numerous other teams in NWA, there is no way they are 30+ better than Subiaco.
I will say this ChS is not 30 points better than Subi but having Fenner on the court tonight was about 30 points worth.subi led 35-26 at the half and fenner had 6 points.But 2nd half Fenner went off for 20-25 points and CHS won 67-53.

1-Adam-12

As has been stated before the standings don't mean a whole lot on the surface, but who would have expected Booneville to be in any kind of tie for first place this late, and who would have expected Charleston to be 5th?

Who those tied have left:

Subi: @ Waldron, Mansfield
Ozark: @ Booneville, Charleston
Paris: Charleston, @ Booneville
Booneville: Ozark, Paris

Subi should finish 11-3, unless Waldron sneaks up on them; the Bulldogs are playing better lately.  The other teams have a tough road to hoe to get to that mark, though Booneville does get both their games at home.

If the Cats win both they do no worse than tie with Subi for first.  There are any number of ways this race could play out.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 04, 2017, 11:21:32 pm
I will say this ChS is not 30 points better than Subi but having Fenner on the court tonight was about 30 points worth.subi led 35-26 at the half and fenner had 6 points.But 2nd half Fenner went off for 20-25 points and CHS won 67-53.

You also need to consider that Subi played Ozark the night before. Subi players were gassed in the 4th quarter and it showed.

BigMan15

It is what it is yes Subi played the night before but it's not like you guys didn't know the schedule. Your point guard had a terrific game. I feel like the halftime adjustments for Charleston is what won us that game. The refs were awful but I never use that as an excuse. All in all good teams find a way in win. Also might I add if your Coach doesn't like back to back games, don't play in the state tournament. These type of games gets you ready for the post season. Good Luck to both teams and GO TIGERS!!!!

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Well BigMan look at Charleston's schedule and you will see they were scheduled to play the Fridays before they played Subi, but some how both of their games were moved to Thursday.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 06, 2017, 07:07:34 pm
It is what it is yes Subi played the night before but it's not like you guys didn't know the schedule. Your point guard had a terrific game. I feel like the halftime adjustments for Charleston is what won us that game. The refs were awful but I never use that as an excuse. All in all good teams find a way in win. Also might I add if your Coach doesn't like back to back games, don't play in the state tournament. These type of games gets you ready for the post season. Good Luck to both teams and GO TIGERS!!!!
I miss spoke. Looking at calendars they were supposed to play at Mansfield the Friday night before(2/3), but some how the game was moved to Thursday(2/2). The Booneville game was scheduled for the Thursday game and not moved. Hopefully Charleston can get games moved in state so they don't play back to back nights.

BigMan15

The game against Mansfield got changed because the jr high was scheduled to play there Thursday. Why waste peoples money and gas? We played a 4 game night for that reason. I would like to know why the jr high game got cancelled Saturday against Subi. We have and will continue to play on back to back if needed just like earlier in the year we played Paris on a Friday night then played ECS the next day.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 07, 2017, 10:17:43 am
The game against Mansfield got changed because the jr high was scheduled to play there Thursday. Why waste peoples money and gas? We played a 4 game night for that reason. I would like to know why the jr high game got cancelled Saturday against Subi. We have and will continue to play on back to back if needed just like earlier in the year we played Paris on a Friday night then played ECS the next day.
Look at your Jr. high schedule and you'll see that your Jr. High was supposed to play at Subiaco on Friday, but why waste peoples money and gas right?

BigMan15

Your the one making excuses of why you lost by 14! Not me, the jr high prolly got cancelled because lets be honest Subi didnt want a bad bad lost at home! HAHA j/k im not sure why it got cancelled.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 07, 2017, 11:11:21 am
Your the one making excuses of why you lost by 14! Not me, the jr high prolly got cancelled because lets be honest Subi didnt want a bad bad lost at home! HAHA j/k im not sure why it got cancelled.
We had a home game against Ozark on Friday and because of that the Jr. High game was moved to Thursday. Are you following all this? Now why would that Jr. high game get cancelled on Thursday night? Because Charleston moved their Friday game to Thursday. Now let the conspiracies begin! 14 is still not 30, but Fenner did play well in the 2nd half. 33 did not play as well at Subi, but I'm guessing that is because Fenner played.
I did see where he is 14 away from the 3 point record! I hope he gets it!

BigMan15

My guess as to why 33 didnt play well was that he picked up 3 bogus charges early in the game!!! ONLY AT SUBI! Everything is a charge! Keep teaching that flopping!

jk

Both coaches agreed to play Sat. because both teams had a tough Friday game and no one would have an advantage. No doubt fatigue played into outcome. Very unclassy move on BJ's part. Only positive is that it united Paris and Subi and no one has been able to do that for years

RTF

x14113

No rust showing this time...!

Girls:
Ozark 50
Booneville 26

beach bum

Quote from: x14113 on February 07, 2017, 08:00:51 pm
No rust showing this time...!

Girls:
Ozark 50
Booneville 26

The boys game about to go down has all the makings to be a barn burner....Hope it lives up to its billing for the fans sake.

x14113

Getting lit in the 2nd half!

Boys:
Ozark 48
Booneville 32

1-Adam-12

Quote from: x14113 on February 07, 2017, 08:31:49 pm
Getting lit in the 2nd half!

Boys:
Ozark 48
Booneville 32

No excuses tonight, straight up beaten by a better team.

We'll dust ourselves off and go after Paris on Friday.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

I was told Subi beat Waldron by 14 at Waldron. Subi plays against Mansfield at Subiaco on Friday.

BigMan15

So Subi should win this blended conference with the winner of Ozark and Charleston coming in second I believe unless Booneville beats Paris.

Hog-fan

February 08, 2017, 03:13:03 pm #132 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:26:10 pm by Hog-fan
Current Standings:
1. Subiaco      10-3
2. Ozark        10-3
3. Paris         9-4
4. Booneville   9-4
5. Charleston   8-4
6. Cedarville   3-10
7. Waldron      2-10
8. Mansfield    0-13

Predicted Finish with 1 game to go:
1. Subiaco      11-3
2. Paris         10-4
3. Ozark        10-4
4. Booneville   9-5
5. Charleston   9-5*
6. Cedarville   4-10
7. Waldron     2-12*
8. Mansfield   0-14

*Failed to make up game that was postponed 1/6/17 before season end.  Per AAA rules, charge a Loss to both teams.

x14113

Clean sweep for the ladies!

Girls:
Ozark 52
Charleston 29

1-Adam-12

Paris won both games tonight at Booneville.

The Cats made the Eagles work hard for the win as Paris won by 6.  Paris girls dominated after a pretty close 1st quarter.

x14113

2 lousy Qs aren't gonna cut it.

Boys:
Charleston 48
Ozark 26

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas