• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball 2018

Started by WPWells, January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Woooooooo pig soooooooiiiiiiiieeeee! RAZORBACKS!

bulldoghistorian

bigworm

June 26, 2018, 10:28:18 pm #902 Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 06:45:45 pm by bigworm
Unfreekinbelievable performance by our pitching staff. That team aint no joke. 1 run. Unreal. We gotta hit tomoro. Top of line up dropped the ball tonight. Im confident they wont follow it up with the same tomorrow.

WPWells

sportsguy80

We're so close that I can taste it! WPS!!!

SUGARTOWN

Hogs struck out 16 times and only got 5 hits, but still found a way to win against a really good team. That's impressive.

Hopefully OSU is out of lefties tonight and the strike zone is not as wide for the Beaver pitchers.

bleudog

June 27, 2018, 10:34:33 am #906 Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:38:36 am by bleudog
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 27, 2018, 08:36:52 am
Hogs struck out 16 times and only got 5 hits, but still found a way to win against a really good team. That's impressive.

Hopefully OSU is out of lefties tonight and the strike zone is not as wide for the Beaver pitchers.

Seven walks, two hit by pitch (I think) and a infield error with the bases load didn't hurt.

https://www.ncaa.com/game/baseball/d1/2018/06/26/arkansas-oregon-st

I never saw the number, but can't leave as many on base (and especially in scoring position) as it seemed like they did and expect to win a series against a team the caliber of OSU.

GREAT pitching and defense last night (the first baseman's catch needs to be on a media guide cover next year).  Need to get the bats going to finish the job though.

bulldoghistorian

The bats will be hot tonight!!

AirWarren

Not sure it has sunk in that we may win a national title tonight.

bulldoghistorian

Not liking the way this is going right now.

Lumberjackfan1978

bleudog

All they had to do was get out of the right fielders way.

HG Hornet

Momentum has shifted.  Hogs are deflated.  I'm not feeling good about this now. 

sportsguy80

I'm so speechless right now...

bulldoghistorian

gameoflife

How do you spell choke?  Easy routine pop fly and we are national champs.  What the heck!   If OSU wins tomorrow they can for sure thank that one play because if made Arkansas is celebrating a national title right now.  So is it the right fielders ball, or second base or first base?   I heard the announcer say Shaddy called it but it looked like a play right field can make coming into the ball.   Man what a bummer. I'm not sure I can muster up the desire to watch tomorrow's game.  Too many baserunners left on base and not a lot of solid hitting.  How many strike outs in the last two nights?   

HG Hornet

I watched Channel 4 after the game and they couldn't hardly do the live report after the game for OSU people yelling and cheering......and deservedly so.  I'll bet a six pack that were already beat tomorrow night.

bleudog

bigworm

I dont really know what to think. At that moment, for osu the title was lost and for us we had our first. Then the unimaginable. 3 guys within 2 feet of the pop foul that would seal your dream only to let it hit the ground. I dont know if they will fight like champions or hang their heads and feel sorry for themselves. I feel like we are lucky to have won the first and to have had that chance to win the second considering how we have swung the bats in this series. With that being said, campbell is going to do his thing even better than he did against the gators. Amd our bats will finally show up. The title is still ours guys. Dont give up on them now. They are Razorbacks!!! Go Hogs!!!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bigworm on June 27, 2018, 11:17:32 pm
I dont really know what to think. At that moment, for osu the title was lost and for us we had our first. Then the unimaginable. 3 guys within 2 feet of the pop foul that would seal your dream only to let it hit the ground. I dont know if they will fight like champions or hang their heads and feel sorry for themselves. I feel like we are lucky to have won the first and to have had that chance to win the second considering how we have swung the bats in this series. With that being said, campbell is going to do his thing even better than he did against the gators. Amd our bats will finally show up. The title is still ours guys. Dont give up on them now. They are Razorbacks!!! Go Hogs!!!
Exactly!

MT Legend

I believe as a university in all the major sports we are cursed. 1994 National Champs in basketball nothing since. 2006 SEC championship game was dominating Florida to the point Meyer used all his timeouts in the first quarter lol. Some how we lost that because of a bone head decision by fisher.Now this 3 guys around the ball and not one can catch it? I agree with the guy in the above post who bet a 6 pack we are already beat tonight.history is not on our side hope I'm wrong and we come out and destroy them.

Lumberjackfan1978

Sad Sad can not call for the ball and let it hit the ground

AirWarren

WPWells

We're gonna win it tonight.

gameoflife

Quote from: WPWells on June 28, 2018, 08:18:59 am

I hope you are correct but to be honest we have defied the odds getting there and in winning game one of the championship series.  Hogs fought hard to stay in the game and to be leading with 1 out left in the game.  They managed to make great plays to stay ahead despite not hitting the ball very well in either game.  I can't believe the number of K's the hogs have taken.  It's as if they expect some divine intervention.  The game is still winnable because we will line up and play it but frankly we allowed Oregon to take the momentum last night and they have hit the ball better than the Hogs.  What we have to do to win.  Continue to make great plays on defense to keep Oregon from getting too many runs, swing our bats and attack their pitching like we intend to score instead of waiting for someone else to get it down, great pitching attacking their batters, and finally communication in the field and no stupid game changing mistakes. We were one out away, a couple of feet from a national title with three players there, all capable of making a catch on the pop foul.  Take charge, even pee wees know to call the ball.  If the Diamond Hogs read this, pull yourselves together, demand excellence from each other tonight and go play aggressive baseball.  Your fate is in your own hands again tonight.

AirWarren

The wind is still out of me after getting kicked in the gut last night.

gameoflife

I watched the play and remember thinking, "just don't screw this up" then, oh, no!!!!.  At that point I felt Oregon would win that one.  In fact we still had to just get the out on the batter, and that didn't happen.  They had seen Gronin, two nights in a row, and he was throwing too many pitches to each batter, they had him timed up.   It's a loss on all the Hogs, they haven't hit well and to be frank the tying run is on third after an easy passed ball by the catcher.  Poor hitting and so on.  But the clincher was the pop fly.  A gift to the Beavers from the Hogs. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: WPWells on June 28, 2018, 08:18:59 am
I'm feeling better this morning.  A friend of mine said that OSU is out of pitchers and we've still got Campbell with nearly a week's rest.  We haven't hit it well......tonight's the night!  We all knew Arkansas had to face some adversity in Omaha and last night was it.  OSU can't feel good about a gift win from the baseball gods.  They know Arkansas is gonna bat their tired pitchers out of the park.  I say it's gonna be on cruise control by the 7th.  Reindl comes in to relieve and redeems himself from his "not so auspicious" outing yesterday.  Hogs win 8-2.

Lost Forty anyone?

WPWells

I'm not going to say we won't win if this doesn't happen, but I think if we get a first inning run the game is ours. It's still going to be a HUGE Arkansas crowd tonight - get them into the game early!

sportsguy80

Everyone will have to step up for a flawless game tonight for us to pull it out. That means bullpen and our bats have to be in full force. Runners cannot be left on base like the first two games. Put that game behind you and play ball.

bigworm

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 28, 2018, 06:12:09 am
Sad Sad can not call for the ball and let it hit the ground

Gates called it. Only thing anyone is guulty of is shaddy trying too hard. Title still ours

bleudog

RATTLER43

Quote from: MT Legend on June 28, 2018, 05:43:32 am
I believe as a university in all the major sports we are cursed. 1994 National Champs in basketball nothing since.
Except for track and field.         The track and field Razorbacks men completely dominated the sports of track, indoor track, and cross country during the 1990s, winning 24 of the 30 available titles. The men and women have won titles in the past ten years.       

But, WPS!    I think we are about to add to our museum's trophy cases!!!    Go Hogs Go.  A baseball title would be a nice addition.   

RATTLER43

bleudog

Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2018, 03:12:14 pm

Quote from: RATTLER43 on June 28, 2018, 03:29:50 pm
I knew there had to be a reason...

He was probably from LSWho and hollering, "Throw me something mister."

RATTLER43

Probably.... 

Good stuff.  Needed a little humor injected into the place.  Now we need to get over it, get the bats revved up, and let's win this thing!

AirWarren

Quote from: RATTLER43 on June 28, 2018, 03:29:08 pm
Except for track and field.         The track and field Razorbacks men completely dominated the sports of track, indoor track, and cross country during the 1990s, winning 24 of the 30 available titles. The men and women have won titles in the past ten years.       

But, WPS!    I think we are about to add to our museum's trophy cases!!!    Go Hogs Go.  A baseball title would be a nice addition.   

Speaking of. There was a caption of the national titles we had placed on ESPN last night. They listed all 44 titles minus 1964. Which I thought was funny. Lol.

HG Hornet

After we win tonight, last night's blunder will be forgotten.  Does anybody remember how many 3 pointers that Scottie Thurman missed vs Duke back in 1994?  I sure don't, but I'll always remember that rainbow that he did make!

OSU will be overconfident and our Hogs should be hacked at themselves for not sealing the deal last night and they'll get the bats going like we did vs. Texas & Texas Tech.  I still say Arkansas wins tonight 8-2.  Campbell, Reindl, and Loseke get it done!!!!

RATTLER43

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2018, 04:18:58 pm
Speaking of. There was a caption of the national titles we had placed on ESPN last night. They listed all 44 titles minus 1964. Which I thought was funny. Lol.

Surely not.   Lol.      ESPN....I can mute it and watch the CWS, but I can't fix what they caption.   

gameoflife

An 8-2 win?  Might happen but I would be shocked by a win that big.  I'd love it because I wouldn't be sweating it out like last night but I doubt it.  We may win it, hope so, but it will be a battle unless a totally different Arkansas team shows tonight.  Oh and the 1964 title.  Is that the football title after the fact?  They voted national champs prior to the bowl games and we were not it.  Personally I don't count it because the process at the time didn't name us the National Champs. 

Lumberjackfan1978

HG Hornet

Wait and see what happens.......here it comes........history in the making!  WPS!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Romeo

Be honest, after last night you had to have a feeling this was going to happen tonight.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Romeo on June 28, 2018, 08:08:17 pm
Be honest, after last night you had to have a feeling this was going to happen tonight.
I did.  I tried all day to convince myself that we would come out hot, but it's not looking too good unless we're saving our magic until the 9th like they did. 

Looking pretty weak right now.

The Future

I hate sounding like a downer. Because I love the Hogs.

But after watching game 1, I knew Oregon state had the next two won.
4-1 and either 3 of or all of our runs were because of the Beavers first pitcher who played awful. Had they played the other guy, we don't win that game. We played good enough to keep them from catching up which is good, but we just haven't been able to do anything with these other pitchers.

I just hope we can keep them from scoring more and making it an embarrassment instead of just a beating.

On the bright side, we're closer to football season.

bigworm

Depressing. But typical it seems

Lumberjackfan1978

Hate it but the Hogs had a good year.But it is Depressing

gameoflife

Well it's sad.  Instead of trying to come up with why, which is obvious, we should be celebrating in Fayetteville in Baum with the national champions.  But, no we are not because we cannot catch a pop foul.   It was a screw up but boy oh boy what a screw up.  You have the national title in your hands, glove, and nobody takes control.  A major foul-up by three players.  I'd hate to live with knowing that I should have played on the national champion team but for one missed play.   As someone said, it seems to be the way of Arkansas athletics.   I didn't see much fire in them tonight and certainly no sticks.   They looked scared and afraid all night. Yes I'm hacked because like so many you try to believe it will happen and then we blow it.   As for football season coming up, well don't get to excited about whats about to happen this coming season or you will be feeling let down again.  We are several years away at least.

bulldoghistorian

It really stings now, but when we look back, what an amazing season! We will win it all under Van Horn way sooner than later! I really believe that!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas