• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(FRIDAY 7:00) Greenwood vs Pine Bluff

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2017, 09:22:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Greenwood / Want GW
44 (43.1%)
GW/PB
18 (17.6%)
PB/PB
33 (32.4%)
PB/GW
7 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: December 01, 2017, 10:43:19 pm

Mr_Deb

Kudos to greenwood wow :o the last thing I thought would be that they rolled pb like this.

FootBallar21

Quote from: beach bum on December 02, 2017, 03:04:20 pm
Well considering I do not think you have ever predicted anything correctly on the 4A boards one correct prediction in the most obvious game I guess deserves a pat on your own back from yourself?

Predicted Arkadelphia to win it all in 4-A   after about week 5-6 and I have stuck with that all season.   That still looks pretty good too.   Plus if you want to look at the points on the 4-4A pickem contest I am sitting pretty solid.     

FootBallar21

Also Beach Bum, looking at the updated rankings on that, if Arkadelphia wins it , I will win the entire pickem for all of 4A . 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on November 25, 2017, 04:00:06 pm
And here we go with the Greenwood is unstoppable talk as always like they are the next best team around behind Alabama lol. They are a great team, but please don't get it twisted, we are a great team also. Not going to be easy anywhere in this game for either side. But I will tell you this; I would put this defense up with the Defense we had when we beat you guys in the 2105 championship game. That is because of the LBs which are Singleton, Thompson, and Thomas. Without a doubt the best LB group in the state. Just watch the pain that will be brought by the 3.

I'm assuming you're not gonna come back on here and eat your crow?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on December 01, 2017, 10:48:25 pm
Congrats to Greenwood.  They definitely caught lightening in a bottle to win their second 6A state title.   :D

Congrats.  Didn't think the game would be close and it wasn't.

russellville 2016 State Champions = Lightening in a Bottle
Greenwood 2017 State Champions = Pure Dominance!

BTW, how's your QB doing?  :)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Several things I can say after watching the 7a, 6a, and 5a State games:   

1.  I was not impressed by Benny or NLR.  I believe both Greenwood and PA could beat them.  And handily I might add.
2.  PA persevered and was able to get the win.  But they didn't look like the PA we've heard so much about.  Bad game or maybe the pressure to 4-peat?  McClellan gave them all they could handle and showed that PA is not invincible.  Some bad play calling and being unprepared for the onside kick on McClellans behalf cost them the game IMO.   Pedigree proved to be the difference in this game!
3.  Benny, PA, NLR, Greenwood all have prolific offenses, but Greenwood's defense left no doubt that they were the best in the state.   
4.  Lastly....Most of the PB guys on here have shown class in the way they handled the loss, but my question is....Why did the PB fans start to file out of the stadium in the middle of the 3rd quarter?  By games end, there were maybe 300 fans left?  I hate that for the PB kids.    PB's youth showed through.  They have great talent, but their youth showed up when they got behind big.  Not sure this group of PB kids have ever been that far behind and they didn't know how to respond.  PB will be back next year, loaded again.  They played hard.  Were great sports.  And I, as usual, was impressed with them.  But all of us close to the Greenwood program knew this team was a little different.  I didn't expect a mercy rule against PB, but I did expect a win.   Congrats to PB for a great season and we look forward to butting heads next year with you!

The Future

I noticed that as well but didn't ever post about it.

Those stands started flowing empty pretty quick especially in the 4th.
By the time they delivered the trophies, I wouldn't even say there were 300 fans. Much less.
I know if the game is decided, leaving to beat the crowd is understandable. But this wasn't just another home game or game in general. This was the state championship. Its gonna be crowded no matter when you leave. So Stay and show support to your team who made it to the finals.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: The Future on December 13, 2017, 12:27:34 pm
I noticed that as well but didn't ever post about it.

Those stands started flowing empty pretty quick especially in the 4th.
By the time they delivered the trophies, I wouldn't even say there were 300 fans. Much less.
I know if the game is decided, leaving to beat the crowd is understandable. But this wasn't just another home game or game in general. This was the state championship. Its gonna be crowded no matter when you leave. So Stay and show support to your team who made it to the finals.

Agreed.  My wife, who supports Greenwood Football but doesn't know a lot about the game of football said "Why would the fans leave instead of staying and supporting their team?"  I responded, "That's a good question".

zebrafan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 13, 2017, 11:15:38 am
Several things I can say after watching the 7a, 6a, and 5a State games:   

1.  I was not impressed by Benny or NLR.  I believe both Greenwood and PA could beat them.  And handily I might add.
2.  PA persevered and was able to get the win.  But they didn't look like the PA we've heard so much about.  Bad game or maybe the pressure to 4-peat?  McClellan gave them all they could handle and showed that PA is not invincible.  Some bad play calling and being unprepared for the onside kick on McClellans behalf cost them the game IMO.   Pedigree proved to be the difference in this game!
3.  Benny, PA, NLR, Greenwood all have prolific offenses, but Greenwood's defense left no doubt that they were the best in the state.   
4.  Lastly....Most of the PB guys on here have shown class in the way they handled the loss, but my question is....Why did the PB fans start to file out of the stadium in the middle of the 3rd quarter?  By games end, there were maybe 300 fans left?  I hate that for the PB kids.    PB's youth showed through.  They have great talent, but their youth showed up when they got behind big.  Not sure this group of PB kids have ever been that far behind and they didn't know how to respond.  PB will be back next year, loaded again.  They played hard.  Were great sports.  And I, as usual, was impressed with them.  But all of us close to the Greenwood program knew this team was a little different.  I didn't expect a mercy rule against PB, but I did expect a win.   Congrats to PB for a great season and we look forward to butting heads next year with you!
Cold and needed beer after that. 😂😬

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas