• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(FRIDAY 7:00) Greenwood vs Pine Bluff

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2017, 09:22:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Greenwood / Want GW
44 (43.1%)
GW/PB
18 (17.6%)
PB/PB
33 (32.4%)
PB/GW
7 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: December 01, 2017, 10:43:19 pm

RD™

AT

Quote from: The Future on December 01, 2017, 09:02:51 pm
Lol trackster. You do a great job on your play by plays. Thank you for your time and effort and thanks for doing it for this game.

Are you at the game or Home watching it?

I'm at home and was watching it on TV.

I haven't thought it much in the past, but this Greenwood team could compete with the 7A teams this year. The mythical number one team state championship doesn't matter, but I'd rank this team 1A/1B with the 7A state champion. PA probably deserves to be in the discussion, but the Parkview game makes me hesitate on that since you only have a few opportunities to dominate your opponent.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 01, 2017, 09:06:29 pm
I'm at home and was watching it on TV.

I haven't thought it much in the past, but this Greenwood team could compete with the 7A teams this year. The mythical number one team state championship doesn't matter, but I'd rank this team 1A/1B with the 7A state champion. PA probably deserves to be in the discussion, but the Parkview game makes me hesitate on that since you only have a few opportunities to dominate your opponent.

I agree.  This is an impressive team.  I'd love to see them play NLR and Bentonville.  I think they would beat Bentonville but lose to NLR.  But, regardless of the outcome they would be great games to watch.

The Future

Me and a buddy are staying for the 7A game tomorrow. So I'll be able to see first hand them 2 teams.

Bentonville Id be willing to say with confidence we could win. But NLR is pretty good as well and would be a coin toss.
I think all 3 of NLR Greenwood and PA have strong cases for number one. But like you said the Parkview game hurts PAs chance though.
All 3 are great teams.

RD™

Take away a 50/50 jump ball and the quick before half score. This was domination like Pine Bluff has never seen.

Baitshop

The UofG left no doubt tonite and take over the Sebastian County Championship trophy lead.

Congrats to the Bulldog players and coaches!

Only 9 1/2 months until September 14...

The Future

RD™

The Future

Quote from: RD™ on December 01, 2017, 09:27:42 pm
Nope lost to Watson Chapel in 1996

Ah ok. For some reason I was thinking we were the Home team. I stand corrected.

zebradynasty

Congratulations to GW! Left no doubt who's the best team in 6A is. In fact they should be considered in the discussion for #1 overall! Z's will put this game behind us the future is bright. Would be great to put this team against our 2015 team. Enjoy it you definitely earned it!

PA Dad

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 01, 2017, 10:00:42 pm
Congratulations to GW! Left no doubt who's the best team in 6A is. In fact they should be considered in the discussion for #1 overall! Z's will put this game behind us the future is bright. Would be great to put this team against our 2015 team. Enjoy it you definitely earned it!

+1.  That's class.

Pr8hd

+1 expected nothing less but class from zd and the Zebra fan base. Gracious in victory and gracious in defeat. Hats off on another good season to PB.
Congrats to the Dogs on getting it done start to finish.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Watched it on livestream.  I thought in the GW/Eldo game we just came out flat.  After watching GW a second time...nah they are just that good. I haven't seen a team tackle one on one like this team does. Not a weakness in any area.  Congrats to GW.  Yes I would love to see them against Bentonville too.

WHO ME?

Boys been a great dynasty. Like I said like has not been seen a looonggg time in this state.
Now to get Gus and Rick at the UA. And start a new run. Great Job Conner and crew

maxswine

December 01, 2017, 10:48:25 pm #214 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:51:31 pm by maxswine
Congrats to Greenwood.  They definitely caught lightening in a bottle to win their second 6A state title.   :D

Congrats.  Didn't think the game would be close and it wasn't.

bulldogger15

urban legend2

Bolding told me after the Searcy game that this GW was the best he's seen...that 2012 team was good but this one was truly impressive. As one of several Zebra fans on here, you've gotta tip your hat. That was domination.

Bigfootdogfan

To be truthful, I really think in the back of almost all Bulldog fans that really follow the Dogs that have watched them year in and year out felt that this team was very special and that if and when the started clicking on all 11 cylinders for 4 qtrs that what happened tonight to Pine Bluff was very possible. After watching the Dogs against WM last week I could see the determination and fire that these young men have been building towards. These Seniors weren't going to be denied a third year in a row. I take nothing away from Pine Bluff, a great program, great coaches and players year in and year out. I think Pine Bluff 2015 team was like GW 2017 team just a notch above everyone else. It may be years before GW has another team like this one. They have been fun to watch. Congratulations to both teams on getting to the championship game and congratulations to the Bulldogs for your victory. In my book both teams are champions. I am going to miss Friday night football for the next 10 months but at least I have 13 games to go back and watch over and over till next season.

Maynard G Krebs

sportsguy80

Wow what a performance. Congrats Greenwood. The senior class went out on top.

High Voltage

Wow! Just got home. What a ride this year. Man I couldn't believe how young PB is. The next two years anybody they play had better pack a lunch. The PB players were a classy bunch as well.

GW was just on another level this year. CRJ's is just in my opinion the best.

Congrats to all the coaches and players.

TTofGreenwood

zebrafan

What a team! Congrats Greenwood! Very very good team...happy the Zs made to Jordan North at the beginning of the year I didn't think they would be there but they proved me wrong! Best of luck to both teams going forward!

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebrafan on December 02, 2017, 02:55:50 am
What a team! Congrats Greenwood! Very very good team...happy the Zs made to Jordan North at the beginning of the year I didn't think they would be there but they proved me wrong! Best of luck to both teams going forward!
Couldn't help yourself could ya. Jordan North? Right...... Lolololololololololololol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Rolling

I think PB playing in a week conference didint prepare them for what hit them last night....Also if you really pay attention to on offense they only run about 5 plays..We new what was coming in Pre snap

bulldogger15

chickens on fire

Haven't replied in a while, but will say this Greenwood and Pine Bluff is beginning to be a rivalry game. Especially in the playoffs or title game. Would love for GW to start playing PB in non conference.

Great job to both teams. I know that next year GW will probably be breaking in a new offensive backfield, but from what I saw from the PB qb, everyone better bring your A game or this kid will cause some problems to opposing teams. Way to go both teams.

GO DOGS!!!!

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on December 02, 2017, 07:06:11 am
Couldn't help yourself could ya. Jordan North? Right...... Lolololololololololololol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

He really meant to say Smith Robinson east, second home of the Greenwood Bulldogs. LOL!!!!

A few more performances like last night and we may need to start calling it Rick jones stadium.

Pr8hd

Quote from: The Future on December 01, 2017, 09:24:11 pm
4-0 as the away team I believe.

4-0 as visiting team under Jones and 3-3 as Home team under Jones for titles.

GW under Peacock was 0-1 as Visiting team and 1-0 as home team.

So overall 4-1 as a visitor and 4-3 as a home team.

Hated that the game was on a Friday night though.

urban legend2

Quote from: Rolling on December 02, 2017, 07:08:08 am
I think PB playing in a week conference didint prepare them for what hit them last night....Also if you really pay attention to on offense they only run about 5 plays..We new what was coming in Pre snap
Nah, that had nothing to do with it. 3 of the 4 semifinalists were from the East. Both the East and West were top heavy, with PB and GW being head and shoulders better than the others. GW just played lights out on defense and made PB pay on offense. They were the better team and probably would have beaten anyone in the state last night.

Pr8hd

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 02, 2017, 08:24:12 am
Nah, that had nothing to do with it. 3 of the 4 semifinalists were from the East. Both the East and West were top heavy, with PB and GW being head and shoulders better than the others. GW just played lights out on defense and made PB pay on offense. They were the better team and probably would have beaten anyone in the state last night.
+1

I am pretty sure the Searcy QB sat on the GW side last night and that kid looked like a stud and PB handled them with relative ease twice. I would have liked to see GW play them and their passing attack in the playoffs. I agree most classes are top heavy, but east took care of the west in the quarters. IMHO, I do think top to bottom the west had more competitive teams. East championship goes thru PB yet again next year IMO.   

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on December 02, 2017, 02:55:50 am

I as well never thought the Z's would make it to the Championship game. Too many if's going into the season, lost a few starters before the season started, too young at QB and big question marks along the OL. But to their credit they got better every game they played. I don't think we've had a team that improved that much during the season good coaching and even better attitudes from these young men. Last night they got a taste, well a whole meal, of what they need to do in order to be champions and build on that in the offseason. We lose some talent but got some coming back and an undefeated Jr team had some size so the next few years we'll be in the hunt! 

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2017, 08:42:35 am
I as well never thought the Z's would make it to the Championship game. Too many if's going into the season, lost a few starters before the season started, too young at QB and big question marks along the OL. But to their credit they got better every game they played. I don't think we've had a team that improved that much during the season good coaching and even better attitudes from these young men. Last night they got a taste, well a whole meal, of what they need to do in order to be champions and build on that in the offseason. We lose some talent but got some coming back and an undefeated Jr team had some size so the next few years we'll be in the hunt! 

I think most GW fans saw a glimpse of what we will have to replace next year and what we may have to deal with to defend to the championship as well against the likes of PB. Bolding is great, lots of respect for what he has done along with the Zebras. I thought the Zebras represented their town and storied tradition well. 

GW has been so blessed to have CRJ and staff. It won't last forever, but it's sure been great while it has lasted. The 3 headed monster (Noland, Wood, and Holt) showed up in force last night. The O-line did great all year. The defense was spectacular all season. All those guys played so well. Really the whole team was perfect literally and figuratively all year.

On a personal note I was very happy for Womack, especially with what he has gone thru personally. I am sure his dad has watched from above his success not only on the field, but his championships in wrestling and weightlifting. I saw him give Coach Nation(d-line coach and my son's favorite as well) a long hug with some tears of joy last night and I know it was special to them both.

urban legend2

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 02, 2017, 09:02:41 am
I think most GW fans saw a glimpse of what we will have to replace next year and what we may have to deal with to defend to the championship as well against the likes of PB. Bolding is great, lots of respect for what he has done along with the Zebras. I thought the Zebras represented their town and storied tradition well. 

GW has been so blessed to have CRJ and staff. It won't last forever, but it's sure been great while it has lasted. The 3 headed monster (Noland, Wood, and Holt) showed up in force last night. The O-line did great all year. The defense was spectacular all season. All those guys played so well. Really the whole team was perfect literally and figuratively all year.

On a personal note I was very happy for Womack, especially with what he has gone thru personally. I am sure his dad has watched from above his success not only on the field, but his championships in wrestling and weightlifting. I saw him give Coach Nation(d-line coach and my son's favorite as well) a long hug with some tears of joy last night and I know it was special to them both.
+1
He didn't have many tackled last night, but he disrupted everything PB tried to do. What all does GW have coming back?

Pr8hd

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 02, 2017, 09:06:44 am
+1
He didn't have many tackled last night, but he disrupted everything PB tried to do. What all does GW have coming back?

They have Holt back, a couple of receivers, and a couple of lineman offensively.  so 5-6 back on offense. Obviously, replacing Noland and Wood are the biggies there. I know we have several QB's in the wings, but QB might fall to Holt next year.

Defensively, they lose a lot but losing Webb and Womack, may be the biggest holes to fill. They do get their kicker back next year as well.

They have a good freshman group coming up as well - the stud RB from that team played last night and had a few carries. He also played against WM.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

That was the most dominant title game performance I have seen since the 2013 2A game when j.c. beat des arc 60-0. The only difference being people actually thought pine bluff had a chance until about halfway through the 2nd qt.

zebrafan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on December 02, 2017, 07:06:11 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Have some class.

Hogman2018

Congrats to Greenwood for winning the State Championship from us Texarkana folks!  On to 5A next year! Except Bulldogger15 (the only idiot) yall have a class program!

protegewill

Congrats to Greenwood players, coaches, and fans
. You all were the better team last night.
These Greenwood seniors were denied in 2015 when they were sophmores. But not last night. This was really the most complete team we played this year. This reminded me of Georgia and Auburn when they played earlier this year. (Totally Blind-Sided).

Pr8hd

Very classy posts by all the Zebra faithful.

I tried to+1 to all I could, hope I did not miss any.

rona

+1 very well done. You truly represent Greenwood with class!

beach bum

Are the #1 and #2 teams in the whole state overall from 6A and 5A.... The answer is yes.... Greenwood and PA

FootBallar21

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 27, 2017, 11:56:27 am
Greenwood Rolls this is one of the best teams I've seen in a long time.   

GW 42
PB 14

Pretty solid prediction on this one.     GW with a dominating performance.   

beach bum

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 02, 2017, 02:58:09 pm
Pretty solid prediction on this one.     GW with a dominating performance.   

Well considering I do not think you have ever predicted anything correctly on the 4A boards one correct prediction in the most obvious game I guess deserves a pat on your own back from yourself?

zebrafan

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on December 02, 2017, 07:47:22 am

He really meant to say Smith Robinson east, second home of the Greenwood Bulldogs. LOL!!!!

A few more performances like last night and we may need to start calling it Rick jones stadium.
NO, I meant what I said it's Jordan North to us Zebras just like it's Smith Robinson East to the Bulldogs...both teams have earned the right call it a second home.

dog78

Quote from: Pr8hd on December 02, 2017, 08:15:01 am
4-0 as visiting team under Jones and 3-3 as Home team under Jones for titles.

GW under Peacock was 0-1 as Visiting team and 1-0 as home team.

So overall 4-1 as a visitor and 4-3 as a home team.

Hated that the game was on a Friday night though.

I believe that Greenwood was the visitor each time under Peacock.

mack

Quote from: beach bum on December 02, 2017, 02:41:34 pm
Are the #1 and #2 teams in the whole state overall from 6A and 5A.... The answer is yes.... Greenwood and PA

Nah...

Pr8hd

Quote from: beach bum on December 02, 2017, 02:41:34 pm

I would say after watching NLR and Bentonville play, there is no doubt in my mind that the GW team could play with both those teams and likely beat them. There was nothing impressive about the teams I watched today that would make me think otherwise.

Dad of Future Dog

+1   Thanks Zebra!!!!!!........... I thought that I was a part of great Greenwood teams!    But your team ended my son's 50 game streak, but my youngest beat yall to avenge that the next time they met.

I was expecting a good game, but dang!!!!!!!!! You guys have the talent, drive, and tradition.  You have a bright future ahead of you and I look forward to many good games down the road!

Hope yall have a Merry Christmas and had a safe trip home.

Till next year')

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: zebrafan on December 02, 2017, 05:26:38 pm
NO, I meant what I said it's Jordan North to us Zebras just like it's Smith Robinson East to the Bulldogs...both teams have earned the right call it a second home.

I know Z fan, I was just messing with you. You all have been there more the We we have.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas