• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland Girls new coach

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, April 10, 2015, 10:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland hired Nettleton girls coach Jason Smith to take girls job

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 10, 2015, 10:10:39 pm
Brookland hired Nettleton girls coach Jason Smith to take girls job

Interesting, to say the least......

bbfan89

I cannot see this ending well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

OB11

I saw in the coaching changes thread where someone said a school would be glad to give Hoffman a shot at running their program. Is he looking to go somewhere else? Just curious about what that situation is.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 11, 2015, 11:02:23 pm
I saw in the coaching changes thread where someone said a school would be glad to give Hoffman a shot at running their program. Is he looking to go somewhere else? Just curious about what that situation is.

Not for sure if he will take another Head Coaching job , or stay
At Brookland , one thing for sure he can develope a successfull program
, no other coach will work harder. He has girls playing for him from all over this area on his Hoopsters teams , VV,Westside, pokey, riverside , Nettleton, ....he loves to see them work hard in the summer and be successful for their School teams.

Easy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 13, 2015, 09:39:14 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 11, 2015, 11:02:23 pm

Not for sure if he will take another Head Coaching job , or stay
At Brookland , one thing for sure he can develope a successfull program
, no other coach will work harder. He has girls playing for him from all over this area on his Hoopsters teams , VV,Westside, pokey, riverside , Nettleton, ....he loves to see them work hard in the summer and be successful for their School teams.
I keep hearing Hoffman's name come up!  Did he even apply for the Sr. Girls coaching job?

NEA Razorback olfan

Yes Hoffman interviewed for the position.

stAteguy

Heard from a reliable source that Jason Smith has decided to STAY AT NETTLETON. So this re-opens the Brookland job.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: stAteguy on April 18, 2015, 08:37:05 pm
Heard from a reliable source that Jason Smith has decided to STAY AT NETTLETON. So this re-opens the Brookland job.

Thanks for the info

NEA Razorback olfan

I heard today the  Brookland School board will not make a decision until May sometime on a Head Coach

NEA Razorback olfan

April 20, 2015, 09:14:05 am #10 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:09:54 pm by NEA Razorback olfan

I called around but couldn't get any conformation on the above statement, so I'm taking it off

OB11

That's a slippery slope.  I understand parents having strong feelings.  They have a right to be concerned.  But is the school going to let parents influence who they hire? 

NEA Razorback olfan

April 20, 2015, 10:44:03 am #12 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:46:24 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Like I said , I haven't confirmed it yet, but the people I heard it from are usually in the know,
I just want Brookland to hire a good coach that will continue what Coach Richey has built along with Baltz with our Jr High and Hoffman 4Th-7Th
IMHO Our Sr girls should get back to State next Year returning 2 of the Best players arguably  in the 4A Bailey Lovrien and Rachel Gramling,
Along With , Thompson , Morgan, Reddick, Redmond, Wagganer, Loflin, Lovrien .... should be a good group!!

bbfan89

Parents certainly have a say in who is hired, especially if they have concerns about how their kids will be treated. There is something to be said for taking the time to hire the right person for the job. Some people at Brookland tried to run their choice in and the board heard a lot of negative feedback. The guy from Nettleton had no choice but to stay there because he was not going to be hired at Brookland. Good luck in the search for a new coach, oh and what is wrong with promoting the Jr. High coach, seems as though he is liked, loyal, and has done a solid job.

Feufan08

Did Coach Richey get a better job somewhere else or something?

hogfan7

Quote from: Feufan08 on April 21, 2015, 10:16:55 am
Did Coach Richey get a better job somewhere else or something?
No, he is moving to an administration job.

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls were told today they will find out who the new coach will be tomorrow

NEA Razorback olfan

Joe Baltz is the new Head Coach
Moves up from our Jr High, big Congrats to him, he will do a great job!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Angie Ellis is taking over the Jr Girls

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas