• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach grabs opposing player

Started by KASH dba The Lumberjack, February 13, 2015, 09:28:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Can some one tell me how an opposing away coach (Dumas) can go past the half court line, grab a home player (Warren), shove him to keep him from walking toward the home teams bench, right in front of two refs and nothing is called for that act? Shouldn't that be some type of technical or something? I have never witnessed that in all my years of watching basketball so I'm just curious if any other team has ever dealt with a situation like that... 

True Fan

Don't know that the situation you describe is covered in the rulebook.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on February 13, 2015, 09:28:20 am
Can some one tell me how an opposing away coach (Dumas) can go past the half court line, grab a home player (Warren), shove him to keep him from walking toward the home teams bench, right in front of two refs and nothing is called for that act? Shouldn't that be some type of technical or something? I have never witnessed that in all my years of watching basketball so I'm just curious if any other team has ever dealt with a situation like that...
more details, was the warren player going towards dumas bench to fight?

cdelaney

Quote from: True Fan on February 13, 2015, 09:52:40 am
If the report is accurate, there is no need for a specific rule. He should have been T'd up and ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. Even just leaving the coaching box that far gets a T. Unless he was preventing a fight, which it doesn't sound like.
Kinda like the parent rushing the court and getting tazed and having an "accident" in the gym story from earlier, more accounts of this from both sides would be helpful.

Bulldog92

February 13, 2015, 02:14:37 pm #4 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:16:38 pm by Bulldog92
Quote from: cdelaney on February 13, 2015, 01:17:27 pm
If the report is accurate, there is no need for a specific rule. He should have been T'd up and ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. Even just leaving the coaching box that far gets a T. Unless he was preventing a fight, which it doesn't sound like.
Kinda like the parent rushing the court and getting tazed and having an "accident" in the gym story from earlier, more accounts of this from both sides would be helpful.
Apparently none of yall have seen Dumas play much.  The girls coach is the mother of the boys coach and they are exactly alike on the court.  Seeing them run across the half court line stomping feet is nothing new.  The refs have apparently gotten accustomed to their antics on the court and allow it to happen wether they are at home or on the road.  They aren't as bad when they happen to make the regional tournament and it is at a 7-4A school. 

Jack1990

February 16, 2015, 07:19:42 am #5 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:55:37 am by Jack1990
Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 13, 2015, 02:14:37 pm
Apparently none of yall have seen Dumas play much.  The girls coach is the mother of the boys coach and they are exactly alike on the court.  Seeing them run across the half court line stomping feet is nothing new.  The refs have apparently gotten accustomed to their antics on the court and allow it to happen wether they are at home or on the road.  They aren't as bad when they happen to make the regional tournament and it is at a 7-4A school. 
So it's a mom/son thing?!?! That makes sense now.  I wondered why she was allowed to act like a total donkey rear when they played.  I know I've never seen a coach get away with as much as he was allowed to.  Several times he was out beyond the "Lumberjacks" logo on that side of the court.  That puts him about 10 feet+ onto the court and the officials did absolutely nothing.  Honestly the crew we had that night was  pathetic on both ends.  Wouldn't say one word to either of those coaches no matter what they did or where on the court they went.  I wished one of our players had just ran into the coach and then seen what the official would have done.  Probably gave the player a foul for charging.

AirWarren

That's the way teams act toward warren during basketball season. Especially after we dog stomp them in football year in and year out. Wouldn't expect anything less out of desha county.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on February 16, 2015, 08:32:23 am
That's the way teams act toward warren during basketball season. Especially after we dog stomp them in football year in and year out. Wouldn't expect anything less out of desha county.
not your best work.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on February 17, 2015, 09:43:57 am
Quote from: AirWarren on February 16, 2015, 08:32:23 am
not your best work.

Yeah I know. Taking it easy these days.

Lizardo

IF,... reports are true, I understand that any coach grabbing a player should have a report filed with the DHS and the incident investigated by the state.   

sevenof400

...Seeing them run across the half court line stomping feet is nothing new.  The refs have apparently gotten accustomed to their antics on the court and allow it to happen wether they are at home or on the road...

I don't have a dog in this fight (pardon the pun) but I can say that referees at several games this year have not been too concerned about coaches out of the box (and stomping feet) as long as the coach was trying to communicate with their players - especially if the environment is loud. 

vtowneagles

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas