• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Score, Schedules and Comments

Started by OldTimeCager, November 25, 2014, 09:08:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

channing

The big kid got invited to the US Army Football game somewhere,  Think the other starter was hurt 

Leroy88

Lincoln has Westville at home tonight

beach bum

Quote from: Leroy88 on January 03, 2015, 02:41:35 pm

Lincoln really scheduling the juggernauts this year with a home and home with Westville and the Scranton tourney?? I heard Westville is so bad they probably will go winless this year.

4AWhistler

Quote from: beach bum on January 03, 2015, 02:58:00 pm
Quote from: Leroy88 on January 03, 2015, 02:41:35 pm

Lincoln really scheduling the juggernauts this year with a home and home with Westville and the Scranton tourney?? I heard Westville is so bad they probably will go winless this year.

Westville was very competive in years past, but for the last 2-3 years their program has struggled.  Lincoln and Westville have always played each other due to their close proximity.

channing

Got to see a few teams over the holidays , saw Gravette vs,  very athletic Malvern team,  gravette will end conference probably around 7-7 . Shiloh seems to be healthy and at full strength and will cause some damage , won't be in top two but they will win many games in conference , saw Prairie Grove twice, they didn't have there big kid so hard to truly evaluate them , but they are pretty inconsistent and not overly coached.

4AWhistler

Lincoln boys beat Berryville tonight.

oldballer

Pea Ridge totally destroyed Gravette last night by 30 and it could have been worse. PR probably hit 13 or so 3 pointers. it was like Gravette ran into a hornets nest. There's not many teams in the 4A that would have beat PR last night once they got to rolling it was impressive. On another note I have seen Gravette play 3 time now and I think they have gotten worse instead of better. Several things I took away from last night is that Gravette better figure out how to play defense, stop playing as individuals on offense and learn how to pass the ball inside to the big kid. (Even the fans were yelling about this at times.) PR is much better than I thought. Deep bench, plays at a high pace and level, very unselfish and gets after you on defense. I can't wait to watch PR vs Huntsville.

channing

Didnt see any of the games last night, but results were:  Pea ridge over gravette, Huntsville over Gentry, Prairie Grove over Shiloh , Lincoln over Berryville,   saw wrap up of PR /Gravette,  saw in paper Prairie Grove missed like 12 free throws but still won by 12,  anybody have wrap up of other games?

Ole Legend

leaglebb

Huntsville vs Lincoln

Girls:  Huntsville 39, Lincoln 27
Boys: Huntsville 52, Lincoln 30

4AWhistler

Lincoln boys shot just 30% from the field and only 16% from the arc. 

Huntville is disciplined and patient.  I didn't see any really "bad" shots that they put up tonight.  Big guy in the middle is solid, but won't come out of the Lane to play defense, but was smart not to do so with Lincoln shooting poorly.

Ole Legend

Huntsville at Pea Ridge next Friday night! Should be a good game!

oldballer

What is the game schedule this week?

oldtimeeagle

Huntsville is at Gravette tonight and at Pea Ridge Friday.

oldtimeeagle

Final girls score
Huntsville 60
Gravette 28

Final boys score
Huntsville 68
Gravette 48

Momma_S

Berryville Girls over Pea Ridge. (Didn't catch the final score.)

Pea Ridge Boys over Berryville 40-38 in OT.

channing

Prairie Grove beat Gentry by 7, Prairie Grove boys win 66-55 over gentry

OldTimeCager

January 14, 2015, 09:37:44 am #117 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:40:38 am by OldTimeCager
Standings - someone please correct me if I'm wrong

1. Huntsville  5-0
2. Pea Ridge  4-1 (loss to Gentry)
3. Prairie Grove 3-2 (losses to Huntsville and Pea Ridge)
4. Gravette 2-3  (wins over Lincoln and Berryville)
    Lincoln 2-3 (wins over Shiloh and Berryville)
    Shiloh Christian 2-3 (wins over Berryville and Gentry)
7. Berryville 1-4 (win over Gentry)
    Gentry 1-4 (win over Pea Ridge)

OldTimeCager

Friday's schedule:

Huntsville @ Pea Ridge (showdown for the lead - which Pea Ridge team will show up?)
Shiloh Christian @ Gravette (for control of 4th place - possible tie for 3rd w/ PG loss)
Prairie Grove @ Berryville (tough road game.  A loss would drop the tigers into a tie for 3rd)
Lincoln @ Gentry (Win and stay in contention, loser will be buying tickets to see the regionals)

oldballer

Quote from: OldTimeCager on January 14, 2015, 09:48:21 am
Friday's schedule:

Huntsville @ Pea Ridge (showdown for the lead - which Pea Ridge team will show up?)
Shiloh Christian @ Gravette (for control of 4th place - possible tie for 3rd w/ PG loss)
Prairie Grove @ Berryville (tough road game.  A loss would drop the tigers into a tie for 3rd)
Lincoln @ Gentry (Win and stay in contention, loser will be buying tickets to see the regionals)
Looks like there will be a little separation after this series of games. This is playing out pretty much like we all thought it would. Spots 3-6 are a mess and may stay that way even through a few more rounds of games. Huntsville is proving to be consistently the top team, Pea Ridge is Jeckyll & Hyde, PG - one of the 3-6 teams will have to beat them, Shiloh is living on the edge having trouble scoring, Gravette with 2 of top 6 players not on team anymore, Lincoln showing more life than previously thought, Berryville and Gentry slowly fading away and better make a move.  The next 2 weeks will possibly straighten things out a little.

channing

I think you can say 2 through 8 on any given night can beat you ,  Huntsville really establishing themselves as the best, but look out Friday at PR,  Loyd will have them ready for huntsville .  Other than the Prairie Grove game huntsville has won each game going away .  Nobody is an easy out,  berryville is 1-4 but at home they are very tough,  what players did gravette lose and why ?

Ole Legend

PR will give Huntsville everything they want and then some.

oldballer

Quote from: Ole Legend on January 15, 2015, 01:26:28 pm
PR is a good team, but Huntsville will win this game. Trent can have them ready, but he can't play the game for them. PR has no answer for their big boy and Huntsville just has to many of the intangibles in their favor.

oldballer

January 15, 2015, 07:45:55 pm #123 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:36:42 pm by oldballer

oldballer

Quote from: Feral Man on January 15, 2015, 07:52:30 pm
Quote from: oldballer on January 15, 2015, 07:45:55 pm
I don't know which 2. It was 2 of the top 6 players and I don't know why. Once you get past #35, 33 and 2 it really doesn't matter. Not much difference in those from what I have seen. If it is 2 of those then they might be done.
I have not seen much of Huntsville but their record speaks for itself. I will say this, if Pea Ridge had played the same schedule as Huntsville and Vice Versa, both records would look much different. Pea Ridge played the toughest schedule of anybody in pre conference. Should be a heck of a game tomorrow.
1 common non conference opponent in Rogers. PR lost to them and Huntsville beat them by 18. I say Huntsville wins Friday night by 12.

channing

One other common opponent , Huntsville beat Prairie Grove by 4,  Pea Ridge beat Prairie Grove by 2.   I smell an upset tonight !!

OldTimeCager

Quote from: channing on January 15, 2015, 12:20:46 pm
Nobody is an easy out,  berryville is 1-4 but at home they are very tough,  what players did gravette lose and why ?

Gravette lost Fox, the backup point guard and Morgan, backup guard - ineligible due to grades

Old Wolf

Momma_S

Berryville Girls 41-17 over PG.

PG Boys beat Berryville 39-30.

leaglebb

doober3

oldballer

I really wanted to make it to the PR/Huntsville game. Work had other ideas. Would someone that was there give us a run down on the game? I did attend the Shiloh/Gravette game and that was less than impressive. I have never witnessed 2 teams have that low of a level of guard play. The simple task of passing the ball or dribbling unguarded seemed to be hard to do. If this is the result in losing the 2 players for Gravette they may not win another game and Shiloh was equally as poor. Where have all the skilled players gone?

Ole Legend

Quote from: oldballer on January 17, 2015, 10:25:26 am
I really wanted to make it to the PR/Huntsville game. Work had other ideas. Would someone that was there give us a run down on the game? I did attend the Shiloh/Gravette game and that was less than impressive. I have never witnessed 2 teams have that low of a level of guard play. The simple task of passing the ball or dribbling unguarded seemed to be hard to do. If this is the result in losing the 2 players for Gravette they may not win another game and Shiloh was equally as poor. Where have all the skilled players gone?

It was a really close game. Pea Ridge defended the post really well the entire night. #14 for Huntsville kept them in the game. He hit multiple three pointers down the stretch. Pea Ridge hit some threes and got some lay ups late when Huntsville had to press. PR looked like the better team.

JP_TheEug

"PR is a good team, but Huntsville will win this game. Trent can have them ready, but he can't play the game for them. PR has no answer for their big boy"
Aguilar was a virtual non factor on the offensive end. PR's post play is underrated when coupled with their well above average shooting ability.

Ole Legend

Quote from: JP_TheEug on January 18, 2015, 01:08:20 pm
"PR is a good team, but Huntsville will win this game. Trent can have them ready, but he can't play the game for them. PR has no answer for their big boy"
Aguilar was a virtual non factor on the offensive end. PR's post play is underrated when coupled with their well above average shooting ability.

Excellent shooting ability. Davis put the finishing touch on this game. He didn't score until the fourth, but in the fourth he had 12, including 2 three pointers. The Hall kid is a sophomore that can shoot just as good as anyone in the conference. The Trundle kid can step out and knock down the 15 footer when they need him to.

channing

Lincoln looks to be the surprise team so far with a record of 4-2 just one game out of first tied with Praire Grove who they play Tuesday , they win that one and may Be on their way to  a.Strong run at regionals .

oldballer

Quote from: channing on January 18, 2015, 08:35:38 pm
Lincoln looks to be the surprise team so far with a record of 4-2 just one game out of first tied with Praire Grove who they play Tuesday , they win that one and may Be on their way to  a.Strong run at regionals .
Lincoln isn't 4-2 they are 3-3. Lost to Gravette, Huntsville and PR. After Tuesday if the games end up PG over Lincoln, Gravette over Gentry and PR over Shiloh there will be a 3 way tie for 4th place with Lincoln, Gravette and Shiloh.

channing

Oh I stand corrected , I thought Lincoln was 4-2,  I know they beat Gentry and Shiloh there last two games pretty easily.

channing

anybody have updated standing girls and boys ?

DerekOxford

Girls

Conf    Overall

Team        W-L    W-L

Berryville   6-0    14-5

PG            5-1      9-9

Huntsville  5-1     12-4

Lincoln      4-2     13-6

Pea Ridge  2-4     7-12

Gentry      1-5     3-10

Shiloh       1-5     2-15

Gravette   0-6     5-13

Upcoming Games

Berryville at Huntsville

Lincoln at Prairie Grove

Pea Ridge at Shiloh Christian

Gravette at Gentry

Friday

Huntsville at Prairie Grove

Berryville at Shiloh Christian

Gravette at Lincoln

Pea Ridge at Gentry

Boys

Conf  Overall

Team        W-L   W-L

Pea Ridge  5-1   12-7

Huntsville  5-1   18-2

PG            4-2   8-9

Lincoln      3-3  11-7

Shiloh       3-3  6-13

Gravette   2-4  7-11

Gentry      1-5  8-7

Berryville  1-5  8-11

Upcoming Games

Berryville at Huntsville

Lincoln at Prairie Grove

Pea Ridge at Shiloh Christian

Gravette at Gentry

Friday

Huntsville at Prairie Grove

Berryville at Shiloh Christian

Gravette at Lincoln

Pea Ridge at Gentry

channing

Leroy88

How do you see the Lincoln and PG match up going tonight?

channing

Boys im assuming,  Nothing seems to be easy for PG boys, generaly they play close games whomever they play.  Lincoln seems to have found there stride, winning there last two games easily. The Goldman kid is always a big threat, so should be close 4th quarter game.

Ole Legend

What's the word on Shiloh so far this year?

channing

Scrappy, not overly talented but will work you hard.

leaglebb

Girls:

Huntsville  48
Berryville   35

Very hard fought game and was tied at the end of 3rd qtr.  Huntsville pulled away in the 4th.  Berryville has a good team and will be a tough game at Berryville the last game.

leaglebb

Next up:

Prairie Grove on Friday.

Will report on the boys in a bit.

leaglebb

Boys:

Huntsville  57
Berryville  24

Not much of a game.  Berryville is way down and Huntsville had something to prove after the Pea Ridge loss.

4AWhistler

PG. 50 Lincoln 44

Observation:  PG boys very mouthy/whiny and refs would have been justified in calling technicals, but they didn't.  Grown men shouldn't let boys talk to them like that.

channing

I too was at the PG/Lincoln game not sure why the comment about whinny PG kids needs to be made, I didn't see that at all, what I saw was a very competitive game,  Lincoln is a pretty good team that will win a lot of games,  PG defended the heck out of Biggie, he had zero points till he hit a meaningless three in last minute.  Enjoyed watching that game and look forward to seeing them play again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas