• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High School Returning Starters

Started by BIG_K, February 02, 2015, 09:21:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG_K

SportsLover65

I just want to know returning starters for the state champs from last year to see who has the chance to REPEAT!! haha

7A - NLR??

6A - Benton??

5A - WhiteHall??

4A - Brookland??

3A - Bald Knob??

2A - Foreman??

1A - Midland??

LowerAR

Benton lost 2 senior pitchers and a catcher I believe. Maybe the 2nd baseman not sure if she was a senior or not, but I know they are getting a ton.
Foreman may have lost there main pitcher, not sure but I believe she is at UAM, or at least she was being looked at and worked out with the team.
As for NLR, not sure what they lost, but I know what they are returning is good.
Not familar with any of the others.   

OB11

I thought I had read on here where Midland was returning all of their starters from last year. 

jacosportsfreak

Bald Knob only graduated one Senior, and has several freshman coming up that will likely compete for a starting spot this season.

leftymom

Foreman pitcher is a Senior this year.  Brookland's pitcher was a Sr.

watchemplay

SportsLover65

I believe 2A softball has a little more competition than 1A.....just my opinion 

ridgerunner14

February 05, 2015, 01:24:40 am #8 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:10:44 pm by ridgerunner14
k

LowerAR

I agree with that until you get to 5A, which seems to produce teams that can play with anyone. I always wondered if that was because most 5A schools don't have soccor, which is played at the same time as softball. I know in El Dorado there is a huge soccor program and they produce tons of athletes, and very few softball players. What do ya'll think?         

SportsLover65

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on February 05, 2015, 01:24:40 am
Quote from: SportsLover65 on February 04, 2015, 08:31:42 am
It's been my observation in any high school sport over the last 25 years that the higher the classification the tougher the competition... For example, look at Cedar Ridge this year going from 2A to 3A.....

Hmmm 25 years is a long time to recall a lot of things and in my experience things start running together (I.E. Different Years.) But I can say that Foreman for 4 of those years just won a lot of games against really good teams in high classification. Taylor was the same way for a period of time in 1A. I was just stating that "at the moment" 2A softball is a little more competitive.

I will go out on a limb and say that 2A softball is better than 3A softball.......ATM 

Lionheart88

Quote from: SportsLover65 on February 03, 2015, 08:08:27 am
I just want to know returning starters for the state champs from last year to see who has the chance to REPEAT!! haha

7A - NLR??

6A - Benton??

5A - WhiteHall??

4A - Brookland??

3A - Bald Knob??

2A - Foreman??

1A - Midland??
White Hall lost their Catcher (to Williams Baptist), 1B, and 2B (to SAU), everyone else is back.  Got several seniors looking for to make it a clean sweep of 4 rings in 4 years.

Lionheart88

Quote from: LowerAR on February 05, 2015, 08:16:48 am
I agree with that until you get to 5A, which seems to produce teams that can play with anyone. I always wondered if that was because most 5A schools don't have soccor, which is played at the same time as softball. I know in El Dorado there is a huge soccor program and they produce tons of athletes, and very few softball players. What do ya'll think?       
26 of 32 5A teams have soccer.  Maybe 27 actually, the AAA doesn't list Beebe but I was told the other day at the referees meeting that they're going to have a program this year.

At any rate, 6A and 7A schools are so large that I very much doubt their softball programs are hurt by girls playing soccer.

FNLsupporter

As a whole, 2A may be better than 3A, but to beat the #1 in 3A, it would be a big upset.  Bald Knob returns all but 1 starter from last year, and the incoming Freshmen are really tough. Last years BK girls won Sylvan Hills tournament and defeated some large classification teams in doing so. By years end, they defeated White Hall, Sylvan Hills, Texas High, Brookland, Searcy, Marion, and some other teams along the way. That's a big classification jump, but they competed and won all but 3 or 4 games last year. I don't see any 2A teams coming close to that ATM.

LowerAR

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 05, 2015, 08:25:26 am
Quote from: LowerAR on February 05, 2015, 08:16:48 am
26 of 32 5A teams have soccer.  Maybe 27 actually, the AAA doesn't list Beebe but I was told the other day at the referees meeting that they're going to have a program this year.

At any rate, 6A and 7A schools are so large that I very much doubt their softball programs are hurt by girls playing soccer.
Well it sounds like that excuse is out the window. I guess it is just El Dorado that is soccor crazy, but I do know that many of our best athletes play soccor instead of softball, and since they can't play both, well. At any rate we usually do well. Maybe I should move over to that site. ;D Does anybody know what offsides is? ???     

Lionheart88

LowerAR

Wow, thanks Lionheart your swell; I don't care what everyone else says. ;D ;D ;D 

LowerAR

Quote from: FNLsupporter on February 05, 2015, 12:47:59 pm
As a whole, 2A may be better than 3A, but to beat the #1 in 3A, it would be a big upset.  Bald Knob returns all but 1 starter from last year, and the incoming Freshmen are really tough. Last years BK girls won Sylvan Hills tournament and defeated some large classification teams in doing so. By years end, they defeated White Hall, Sylvan Hills, Texas High, Brookland, Searcy, Marion, and some other teams along the way. That's a big classification jump, but they competed and won all but 3 or 4 games last year. I don't see any 2A teams coming close to that ATM.
Well I don't know if 2A or 3A is better, I will say that Forman is tough. BK is supposed to be good but I've never seen them play. Maybe if both teams take care of business they we meet in the TOC and it will not be up to the fans but the girls.   

ridgerunner14

February 07, 2015, 03:49:25 pm #18 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:11:42 pm by ridgerunner14
l

SportsLover65

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on February 07, 2015, 03:49:25 pm
Quote from: SportsLover65 on February 05, 2015, 08:21:29 am
Quote from: ridgerunner14 on February 05, 2015, 01:24:40 am
Quote from: SportsLover65 on February 04, 2015, 08:31:42 am
It's been my observation in any high school sport over the last 25 years that the higher the classification the tougher the competition... For example, look at Cedar Ridge this year going from 2A to 3A.....

Hmmm 25 years is a long time to recall a lot of things and in my experience things start running together (I.E. Different Years.) But I can say that Foreman for 4 of those years just won a lot of games against really good teams in high classification. Taylor was the same way for a period of time in 1A. I was just stating that "at the moment" 2A softball is a little more competitive.

I will go out on a limb and say that 2A softball is better than 3A softball.......ATM
When you live it every day....it doesn't run together as opposed to those that only deal with HS sports only a few months out of the year...
LOL

BIG_K

What ever happened to the Foreman Pitcher? Is she still playing?

SportsLover65

Quote from: BIG_K on February 11, 2015, 09:57:45 pm
What ever happened to the Foreman Pitcher? Is she still playing?
From what I understand is she is still there but they lost a couple of good players to graduation from that championship team. She is one of the best pitchers around the southwest area if not the best!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas