• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Does Your Arkansas High School Team start Practice for Year?

Started by BIG_K, December 04, 2014, 01:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG_K

Less than 3 months away and our coach has already had tryouts and has the 2015 roster posted.

LowerAR

In El Dorado they have been lifting since school started. There has been some out of school practices that are not mandatory, but I believe they will start full practices with the coach after the first of the year. Anyone expecting to actually get playing time should be busy, just my opinion. Our travel team is playing in Shreveport this weekend, so my DD has not stopped yet.

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn has been practicing off-season since school started with those that don't play basketball.
Pitchers and catcher work year round regardless. Others will start doing some work after the holidays.

BIG_K

NEASPORTSFAN

8. Only graduated 1, and only one senior this year too.  Graduated the second baseman.

BIG_K

NEASPORTSFAN

Yes. While there are 8 returning starters, 7 of them may be in a different position. Pangburn has two excellent freshmen that will be huge difference makers. If everyone gels into their new spot and buys in, we should be much improved. Hopefully, it will be a fun year. Our conference is super tough though.

followme

mack

NLR started after volleball season ended.  They've been getting after it.....

BIG_K

I heard that pottsville had 45-50 girls wanting to play so they had tryouts and cut down to 31 players for JV and Varsity. They have an indoor facility for football/baseball/softball but don't know if they are practicing yet.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: followme on December 10, 2014, 12:33:11 pm
Not as tough now that Cedar is gone, huh?
Just as tough. Replaced cedar ridge with Midland, defending 1a state champs, who return everybody. Tuckerman is loaded and Salem is also good, as always. They both return almost everyone too.

1-Adam-12

Those that aren't in another sport (I think only two) have been in off-season since the school year started.  As sports transition from one to another some more cycle back in. 

I think we only have two, maybe three, that are in basketball and softball both.  Many more have volleyball and softball as their sports. Only one is in all three.

We should have a good year here. From last year, we graduated our center fielder and our DP moved out of state (would have been this year's CF). We also have a pitcher back who was out last year which gives us an option if we want to rest Ross for a day.

BIG_K

1-adam-12, do you know anything about Clinton , Arkansas Baptist and Robinson. :)

1-Adam-12

Can't help you on that. Remember that we are back down in 3A now.

BIG_K

Sorry forgot i'm old school, prob compete for state title this year. Good Luck!

Code3Cat

Dumas started the Monday after football season was over. 

BIG_K

To All Arkansas HS Player A Very Merry Christmas!!!  Have a Great Break and be ready to Practice, Practice, Practice. :) :) ;D ;D

baller72

Our team begins about the end of February!!  Isn't that enough time to prepare?!?!?

LowerAR

I'm not going to say how soon you should start; I think that depends on how much the girls do on their on, or how much outside work or play they get. My DD works year around on pitching and hitting and a few glove drills, but maybe she takes after her dad and is a little slow. I do know what they expect in college and I believe you might as well discipline yourself to that if your going to play.

BIG_K

??? Teaching a Travel Ball Workout class or what ???. Just askin when E.D. starts practice as a team and where they practice.  ;D Thanks for those college workout pointers though ;D

LowerAR

We have a dome, so they practice there as much as possable, but we have to share it with 2 soccer teams and the baseball team. We also have a covered batting cage as well as several gyms. Mandatory practices started on the 5th, but most of this week was spent in conditioning test. As far as College pointers go, we just started College visits and from what I'm hearing from coaches and players; expectations on athletes is very high. No wonder so many girls quit; the next level is not Highschool Softball. My DD does not need to play ball for a scholarship, but if she does want to play; I want her to be ready for what's coming. Sorry if I come off a little strong.                 

BIG_K

LowerAR

Thank You! The offers are coming, but finding the one that fits is the tricky part.

1-Adam-12

Other than a couple that are still in basketball, our whole team is now in workouts. 

Everyone is back except for the two I mentioned previously and we also have a fair number of freshmen who are playing.  Too early for me to tell which if any of them will have an impact.

Lionheart88

BIG_K

What kind of indoor practice facilities does your program have for practice in this weather? ;D

baller72

We have a couple tees under a lean-to behind the maintenance building. The head custodian is our hitting coach.

LowerAR

I have listed what El Dorado has above. We have great facilities, but having them doesn't mean you can use them. Sharing with all the other teams that don't want to be outside can be a real disappointment. We have a turf football field that is lined for soccor but they want to be in the dome. For heavens sake, they can't even use there hands. It is nicer in the heated, in closed dome, but you can put on clothes, really.       

1-Adam-12

Booneville has only been able to have five practices outside since the first of the year. The weather has not been kind to us, fortunately most other area teams are in the same boat. Or snowmobile.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas