• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A 2016 Pre-Season MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 10:04:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
4...Buffalo Island Central
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn

jabberhog

Nice to have some bulletin board material for a little inspiration during the off season.

A couple of teams left off the list will definitely make some noise in the state playoffs.

Let's see if anyone can come up with them.  Lotta of love for some traditional southern teams
but not much for some up and comers.

LowerAR

I'm pretty sure Parkers Chapel will be on this list at the end of the season. They didn't loose much and played to the quarters last year and got beat by BIC in a close game.   

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn returns most of its roster from a 20 win team and conference runner up. The key is will this team finally get over the hump at regionals. 65 wins the past 3 years but hasn't got through to state.

purplehajj

NEASPORTSFAN

Watch out for walnut ridge to be the surprise team this year. Their 5 best players were all freshmen last year, and they were much improved. Salem and Tuckerman are always tough.

NEASPORTSFAN

December 08, 2015, 10:46:36 am #6 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:01:29 am by phstiger
Who did hazen hire for their softball coach?

NEASPORTSFAN

December 08, 2015, 10:52:52 am #7 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:03:14 am by phstiger
Marmaduke will be really good. Like top 5 good. Midland could still be good but they did graduate 6 starters. magazine could be pretty good. Should be the #2 seed out of the west this year behind hector. I believe they were young last year and upset marmaduke in the first round of state.

BIC lost pretty much it's whole team. Marmaduke should be unchallenged in the 2a-3

purplehajj

Beth Robinson she was assistant to Nelson last year she has been head coach before at Hazen

NEASPORTSFAN

December 08, 2015, 11:11:00 am #9 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:42:36 pm by phstiger
I would go

1. SPRING HILL
2. FOREMAN
3. PARKERS CHAPEL
4. HECTOR
5. MARMADUKE
6. POYEN
7. DIERKS
8. HAZEN
9. RISON
10. PANGBURN, midland, tuckerman, salem, walnut ridge.

Honestly, any of those last 5 teams could win the 2a-2. It's that close this year.

LowerAR

I don't know that much about what Woodlawn has done with coaches but I would not rule them out either. There was still a lot of talent there.

ridgerunner14

December 09, 2015, 11:43:14 am #11 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:43:31 pm by ridgerunner14
k

BLUEBLOOD

This is a good way to pass the winter.  My opinions are only concerning Region 7 because that's all I know. 

EAST:
Woodlawn lost their coach, but still some good talent from a team that missed the state tournament last season.  They know how to win and will be hungry.  I don't know how much they lost from last season.

Parkers Chapel had a very good run last season.  If their pitcher is back (which I believe she is), they will also have a good playoff run this season.

WEST:
Springhill (king of the hill) also lost their coach, but their All-State pitcher is back.  The MVP of last season's state championship game is back.  They are defending champs and until someone knocks them off the hill, they will remain #1.

Foreman will also be a force.  They are an offensive force.  They typically struggle when the bats cool off and they have to rely on pitching & defense to win low-scoring games. 

Murfreesboro lost their all-state pitcher (graduation) and their backup pitcher (transfer).  They return most everyone else from a team that made it to state the last 2 seasons.  If they can answer the question in "the circle", they will again be competing for a state tourney spot.

Dierks started a young pitcher/catcher combo last season and still only have one senior on the team this season.  The players lost to graduation played 3 of the 4 infield spots, so there will be new faces.  They played very well defensively in fall league at Nashville.  Hitting will determine whether this team can win some of the close games they came up short in last season.

Sweet

December 09, 2015, 09:12:42 pm #13 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:17:24 pm by Sweet
Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 07, 2015, 10:04:08 am
Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn

Spring Hill returns all but 2B. Gotta be 1.
Hector came close to beating SH. Could be an interesting game if they meet again.
Foreman at 3 is way too high in my opinion. Yes, they have big sticks but lost pitcher. 7 maybe 8.
Not sure what BIC lost from runner-up squad.
Magnet Cove at 5 is a little high at this point. Still need to prove themselves. Picking up at least 2 freshman and last years SS then catcher has made serious strides in pitching over the off season. New coach.
Don't know enough about the rest.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on December 09, 2015, 11:43:14 am
Quote from: phstiger on December 08, 2015, 10:43:14 am
Watch out for walnut ridge to be the surprise team this year. Their 5 best players were all freshmen last year, and they were much improved. Salem and Tuckerman are always tough.

They may be somewhat of a surprise this year, but I did watch their pitcher basically throw batting practice to hitters at a college exposure showcase this past summer.  I think the two teams to beat are your Pangburn Tigers and Tuckerman.
I would agree with that. Tuckerman is well coached and probably has the best pitcher in the conference.

LowerAR

Parkers Chapel lost one from last year which was a good player, but they do return everyone else. The pitcher will be a junior. Should be a good team if they can hit, they will do well.   

ridgerunner14

December 12, 2015, 07:23:26 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:43:51 pm by ridgerunner14
l

gamechanger11

From what I have heard and understand everyone is selling walnut very short. I believe they will win this conference followed by pangburn and tuckerman.

ridgerunner14

December 13, 2015, 08:34:56 pm #18 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:44:08 pm by ridgerunner14
k

softballnews

Parkers Chapel lost a real good short stop with a real good bat and a steady first baseman. I think spring hill is the team to beat in 2a. Rison will be in there and don't over look Hampton very young team. It will be a fight out of the south for one seed to state.

followme

Quote from: phstiger on December 08, 2015, 10:46:36 am
Who did hazen hire for their softball coach?

Didn't they bring in the coach from cedar ridge?

ridgerunner14

December 21, 2015, 10:48:09 pm #21 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:44:27 pm by ridgerunner14
k

NEASPORTSFAN

Until someone dethrones the south at state, which has happened only once in the last decade, everyone else irrelevant.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: phstiger on December 22, 2015, 12:25:51 pm
Until someone dethrones the south at state, which has happened only once in the last decade, everyone else irrelevant.

Not sure how anyone can argue with that.  To be the man (lady), you gotta beat the man (lady)!!

Sweet

My question about Spring Hill is coaching. Rumor has it new coach has never played or coached softball.

Midlandsoftball

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn

How can Pangburn be 8th whenever they didn't even make it to State, didn't make it the finals of District, and got KILLED in Regionals? Marmaduke deserves in the ranking. Their pitcher got nailed before the game which left them stranded without their starting pitcher. Not to mention she's one of their best batters. I don't feel like these rankings are very accurate.

LowerAR

Quote from: Midlandsoftball on January 06, 2016, 02:55:23 pm

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn

How can Pangburn be 8th whenever they didn't even make it to State, didn't make it the finals of District, and got KILLED in Regionals? Marmaduke deserves in the ranking. Their pitcher got nailed before the game which left them stranded without their starting pitcher. Not to mention she's one of their best batters. I don't feel like these rankings are very accurate.
These rankings are just for us to talk about. I don't think that 3 Dollar is saying this is how it will end. I don't want to assume to much but I think 3 Dollar uses a lot of historical data and last years standings. If you want to work on a list, we will comment about that too. I doubt anyone knows everything about every division in the state. I feel I know 6A as well as most, but I can't really tell about every team in the division. Some I never seen at all. Until the games start anybody can claim anything, then eat crow. Marmaduke did get a bad break last year and if the young lady is well and going well they may get another chance. I hope so.
I would like to thank 3 Dollar for putting these out there, and for the comments that people make. When we all work together we can kinda of get to piece some of this together, until it starts, then the girls get to make there statement.       

ridgerunner14

January 08, 2016, 08:29:52 am #27 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:44:51 pm by ridgerunner14
o

NEASPORTSFAN

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn

Same could be said for midland. How could they be ranked 6th when they graduated most of their starting lineup? This poll and discussion is just for fun. It will all be settled in may.

Panthers44

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn
Marmaduke should be 4 instead of BIC or maybe a lil higher!

ridgerunner14

January 19, 2016, 03:28:34 pm #30 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:45:12 pm by ridgerunner14
k

ridgerunner14

January 24, 2016, 12:58:33 pm #31 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:38:07 pm by ridgerunner14
s

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on January 24, 2016, 12:58:33 pm
Quote from: phstiger on January 08, 2016, 05:03:04 pm

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn

Same could be said for midland. How could they be ranked 6th when they graduated most of their starting lineup? This poll and discussion is just for fun. It will all be settled in may.

Since you're in the 2A-2 Conference, why is Midland going back to 1A next year for basketball, baseball and softball?  Can't complete with the better 2A teams or what?

I'm sure you know this and you are just wanting some "friendly" bantor, but schools don't change classifications because of how competitive they are.  It's all about enrollment numbers.  AAA makes all those calls. 

gamechanger11

Midland will be much better than most think. Still believe the conference title is Pangburns to lose and we have seen them crumble before so that is possible. But Midland will have a good battery and return enough hitting to compete at a high level. Are they the caliber they have been in the past probably not but still will be very good.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Panthers44 on January 17, 2016, 10:02:34 pm

1...Springhill
2...Hector
3...Foreman
5...Magnet Cove
6...Midland
7...Dierks
8...Pangburn
9...Junction City
10..Woodlawn
Marmaduke should be 4 instead of BIC or maybe a lil higher!

Agreed BIC will be way down.  Marmaduke should be among the top if the Henry girl has fully recovered.
She is one awesome pitcher. 

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: gamechanger11 on January 25, 2016, 09:26:13 am
Midland will be much better than most think. Still believe the conference title is Pangburns to lose and we have seen them crumble before so that is possible. But Midland will have a good battery and return enough hitting to compete at a high level. Are they the caliber they have been in the past probably not but still will be very good.
Exactly what I've been telling people. They will still be good.

ridgerunner14

January 28, 2016, 01:42:35 pm #36 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:39:19 pm by ridgerunner14
j

MHSmustangs

There is not a 1A classification for football. The only reason Midland was in the 2A classification was because that was the only option.

ridgerunner14

January 29, 2016, 03:53:17 pm #38 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:39:40 pm by ridgerunner14
i

Sweet

To me it's ludicrous to play 2A in all sports just because you play football.

ridgerunner14

January 31, 2016, 07:39:14 pm #40 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:35:27 pm by ridgerunner14
l

Ctucker

Private schools do have to go by it but they actually play one class higher because of multiplier.

NEASPORTSFAN

2/27

Pangburn 4 Hamburg 3
Pangburn 3 Parkers Chapel 0

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn 13 white county central 0

3 homers, no hitter

BoxNOne

BIC 4 Cross County 0
BIC 7 Cross County 3
Manila 16 Marked Tree 7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas