• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 2016 Pre-Season MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 09:58:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Bald Knob
2...Harding Academy
3...Perryville
4...Harmony Grove-Haskell
5...Harmony Grove-Camden
6...Charleston
7...Rose Bud
8...Genoa Central
9...Fouke
10..Fordyce

WPWells

Admittedly I don't keep up much with Charleston softball, but my little brother's girlfriend is on the team. What have they done to deserve to be #6?

CHGHornets

You can take Fordyce off this list and add smackover. Also not sure about rose bud.

vtown1

Don't sleep on Rose Bud this year. They will surprise some people for sure. Strong Sophomore and Freshman classes at Rose Bud right now.

NEASPORTSFAN

Rose bud is loaded. Freshman class is outstanding. Everybody heard of Arkansas Magic? 3 time world series champs? That's them.

LowerAR

How much of that Magic team is Rose Bud? If that entire team will be the school team then they can battle anyone. A great defence and small ball team for sure.

CoachSB00

Keep an eye out for Horatio lady lions they are returning most of their starters from last year and they have a new young coach that knows the game.  They could make a run deep into the state tournament.  Also, keep an eye on Cossatot River Lady Eagles.  Last year was a horrible year for them, but they do return 6-7 starters with 4 of them being Seniors that have played ball all their lives plus they are suppose to have 3-4 freshman coming up that will probably start and contribute with their tournament ball experience. Of course who knows what will happen but can't wait for it to start.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: LowerAR on December 08, 2015, 01:50:07 pm
How much of that Magic team is Rose Bud? If that entire team will be the school team then they can battle anyone. A great defence and small ball team for sure.
I believe 5 are magic girls, and there is another girl that moved in that plays travel all over the country with a team out of new jersey. One of the girls is committed to mizzou. If I'm correct, rosebud pitcher threw 2 no hitters last year that she lost because of errors and rose bud couldn't score. That won't be a problem any more.

CHGHornets

A couple of questions.....

Who will pitch for Harding and perryville???

Did Atkins lose a lot??? They got beat by Genoa in the second round but had some great wins during the season.

Who is pitching for Genoa and fouke?? I believe they both lost A LOT!

softballfan

December 16, 2015, 02:37:33 pm #9 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:39:39 pm by softballfan
Quote from: CHGHornets on December 15, 2015, 07:04:20 pm
Atkins should be down some this year. Their pitcher, the Webb girl, graduated.

1-Adam-12

Booneville returns 6 starters including pitcher, catcher and both corner infielders.  They should remain solid.

3 Dollar

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 19, 2015, 10:26:10 pm
Booneville returns 6 starters including pitcher, catcher and both corner infielders.  They should remain solid.

Good Deal!  I wasn't sure and haven't heard anything as to what they lost.  Sounds like they may be the conference team to beat then!  Along with Charleston.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 20, 2015, 07:20:56 am
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 19, 2015, 10:26:10 pm

Good Deal!  I wasn't sure and haven't heard anything as to what they lost.  Sounds like they may be the conference team to beat then!  Along with Charleston.

The Ross kid can ball....

Redwolves8526

Does anyone think Bald Knob can be beat?

LowerAR

Of course, any one can be beat. Girls get hurt, get mad, quit. That being said, I don't think they will be beat. Just saying. 

CHGHornets

I have seen them play in the state tournament first hand.....they will not be beat in 3A and could be in the championship game of any other classification!

FNLsupporter

Quote from: CHGHornets on January 07, 2016, 01:03:55 pm
I have seen them play in the state tournament first hand.....they will not be beat in 3A and could be in the championship game of any other classification!
Definitely agree. They won tournament of Champs last year. They are beatable, but reality is, they are the best team in the state regardless of classification.  Mena is probably a distant second.

Sballfan110

Curious.. What was BK overall record last year, and who were there losses too?

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Sballfan110 on January 07, 2016, 10:23:37 pm
Honestly, not sure. I think they lost 2 or 3 games, 1 loss being against Harding Academy in a pitching duel.  BK can be beat one a flat day, but I know they dominated all classifications in tournaments throughout last season and won every tournament they played.

3 Dollar

I think Paragould or GCT beat them early in the season.

BIG_K

;D ;D BK's not gonna Lose no games this season.  ;D ;D

FNLsupporter

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 08, 2016, 10:33:24 am
I think Paragould or GCT beat them early in the season.
Yeah, I think it was GCT the first game of the season last year. I am not sure, but I also think they played them again later in the season and beat them. Not positive though.

LowerAR

I haven't seen them play as a team ever, but man ya'll are putting a lot of weight on some young girls shoulders. Hey, if they do it, that's awesome, but it will be a great feat, not a walk in the park. It will mean that they stayed health and focused through the season. But if you loose one, you had a disappointing year; that's a bit harsh man. To win a championship is an awesome thing; period. The rest is gravy.   

BIG_K

Quote from: LowerAR on January 11, 2016, 10:23:40 am
I haven't seen them play as a team ever, but man ya'll are putting a lot of weight on some young girls shoulders. Hey, if they do it, that's awesome, but it will be a great feat, not a walk in the park. It will mean that they stayed health and focused through the season. But if you loose one, you had a disappointing year; that's a bit harsh man. To win a championship is an awesome thing; period. The rest is gravy.
;D ;D 2 Words  ;D ;D Double Negative  ;D ;D

LowerAR

Quote from: BIG_K on January 11, 2016, 12:44:24 pm
Quote from: LowerAR on January 11, 2016, 10:23:40 am
;D ;D 2 Words  ;D ;D Double Negative  ;D ;D
I'm a negative person, so there it is. >:( :( :) ;D ;D ;D

Panthers44

Quote from: BIG_K on January 08, 2016, 03:55:44 pm
Bald Knob is gonna be good again this year but they always play tough schedule so they probably will lose at least one.

BIG_K

Quote from: Panthers44 on January 17, 2016, 10:05:56 pm
Quote from: BIG_K on January 08, 2016, 03:55:44 pm
Bald Knob is gonna be good again this year but they always play tough schedule so they probably will lose at least one.
;D ;D I'm guessing English was not your best subject.  ;D ;D

eaglestrong2013

Cossatot River Lady Eagles will be strong this year.  Think they will make a statement this year, keep an eye out for them. 

sbfan05

January 31, 2016, 06:07:52 pm #28 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:28:10 pm by sbfan05

30-2.

The first loss came against Greene County Tech in the opening game of the season. Humes only pitched three innings (a perfect three innings) before handing over the reigns to another teammate (a freshman pitcher). She did fine, but GCT's pitcher and defense did a nice job of keeping BK's offense untracked.

The 2nd loss came at Harding Academy in early April in a pitcher's duel. Both Humes and Berry had brilliant performances, as was the norm for those two the last two seasons, but the Lady Wildcats outlasted BK when a dropped infield pop fly allowed the home team to secure a victory in the bottom of the 7th.

In addition to Rose Bud, Harding, Cedar Ridge, and Barton in conference, here's Bald Knob's non-conference schedule:
@ Atkins, Batesville, Cabot, Benton, Foreman, Dequeen, White Hall, Greene County Tech
vs. GCT, Jonesboro Westside, Hector, Vilonia, White Hall, Sylvan Hills
Tournaments: Sylvan Hills, D-MAC (Hope)

3 Dollar

Quote from: sbfan05 on January 31, 2016, 06:07:52 pm

30-2.

The first loss came against Greene County Tech in the opening game of the season. Humes only pitched three innings (a perfect three innings) before handing over the reigns to another teammate (a freshman pitcher). She did fine, but GCT's pitcher and defense did a nice job of keeping BK's offense untracked.

The 2nd loss came at Harding Academy in early April in a pitcher's duel. Both Humes and Berry had brilliant performances, as was the norm for those two the last two seasons, but the Lady Wildcats outlasted BK when a dropped infield pop fly allowed the home team to secure a victory in the bottom of the 7th.

In addition to Rose Bud, Harding, Cedar Ridge, and Barton in conference, here's Bald Knob's non-conference schedule:
@ Atkins, Batesville, Cabot, Benton, Foreman, Dequeen, White Hall, Greene County Tech

When and where is the Hector game?  That should definitely be a pitcher's duel!  Humes v Fountain

sbfan05

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 02, 2016, 09:39:43 am
Quote from: sbfan05 on January 31, 2016, 06:07:52 pm

30-2.

When and where is the Hector game?  That should definitely be a pitcher's duel!  Humes v Fountain

March 28 @ Bald Knob

Razorhummer

Quote from: phstiger on December 08, 2015, 10:45:32 am
Rose bud is loaded. Freshman class is outstanding. Everybody heard of Arkansas Magic? 3 time world series champs? That's them.
You beat me too it. Yep the Lady Ramblers played for the Arkansas Magic. ;D

500 hitter

Hope your high school coach accepts them. Sometimes travel and high school ball don't mix well at first. Totally different game, shouldn't be but they are.

LowerAR

Exactly right. Expectations on both sides are rough; doesn't have to be, but usually is.

baseball2012

In the 3A-8, CHC should be loaded and Smackover should be improved with addition of Norphlet, how will the rest of the conference be?

The Green Arrow

Yeah I do not see anyone knocking Bald Knob off on their road to a three-peat. Not saying they will not be beat, but I do not see anyone taking that trophy from them. Best team in the entire state, with the best player in the entire state. They're loaded with upperclassmen that have now won back-to-back titles. I don't see anyway they lose the title forgoing an injury.

1-Adam-12

I actually underestimated what Booneville had returning and that's not like me.

The only players we have to replace are 2B and RF.  And we have a utility player who ended up playing a lot last season ready to take over that RF position.  So essentially eight experienced players are back.

Agree that BK has to be the team to beat overall though.

Panthers44

Quote from: Razorhummer on February 12, 2016, 11:54:37 pm
You beat me too it. Yep the Lady Ramblers played for the Arkansas Magic. ;D
High school ball is totally differnt than travel ball! It doesnt matter if you win every weekend in travel ball high school ball is alot slower game not as exciting as travel ball!

strongandsteady

Prescott girls are very young with only 1 senior. They will be very improved from last year

Sweet

Quote from: 500 hitter on February 16, 2016, 09:29:49 am
Hope your high school coach accepts them. Sometimes travel and high school ball don't mix well at first. Totally different game, shouldn't be but they are.

Exactly. Girl has played 1B all her life now finds herself in RF might be a problem.

softballfan

Quote from: sbfan05 on February 04, 2016, 09:01:15 pm
30-2.

March 28 @ Bald Knob
Quote from: sbfan05 on February 04, 2016, 09:01:15 pm
30-2.

March 28 @ Bald Knob
This game may not be very interesting today since Hector has only played 1 game and Fountain is hurt.

sbfan05

BK won 10-0 in 5 innings, but you could tell Hector is a bit rusty. Control was an issue for their pitcher. I do believe they'll be fine in a few weeks, though.

Bald Knob's offense is a bit inconsistent at the moment, which is fine for now; however, they'll need to take it up a level next week to stay undefeated: @Cabot, vs. Harding Academy (DH), vs. Rose Bud (DH), vs. Vilonia.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas