• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

School Choice-applies to some but not all

Started by skydiver, May 10, 2015, 05:53:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you satisfied with the job the AAA is doing

Satisfied
6 (30%)
Really don't care
1 (5%)
Not satisfied
6 (30%)
Ready for a change in the offices
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

old dawg

He said just getting started but he may be asleep by this hour.

skydiver

At his age you're probably right. I guess he knows the softest thing on grandma is grandpa.

searkhogfan

Never fails.  When one shows up, they both show up.  And I've been having fun here for a long time.  Also developed a lot of contacts over the years.  Amazing the things you can find out by just asking. 

PrivateLesson

May 29, 2015, 03:22:37 am #203 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:26:18 am by PrivateLesson
Yes, it is......Lots of things on FF that can be revealed.  :)

CMhawgtracks

Bless his heart, skydiver's trying to tell us he's doing us a public service by bring lite to a really bad problem, with the AAA not being fair with the way waivers are granted, but he failed to produce any evidence to back up his claim. He says trust me, I know what I'm talking about. He insinuates "peckers chapel" his words, didn't follow the rules and wants proof all paperwork is on file. I'll just say trust me skydiver, it is. Usually when you can't beat 'em on the field you try to beat 'em with words.
btw, PC is the seventh ranked in the state, all classifications, that alone recruits kids. Dierks is unranked and the stats show they're not much better than Strong. Have a good day gentlemen,

PrivateLesson

Why do I get the distinct impression that when some post that school admin, AAA representitives, and etc all read FF they were telling the truth??     

skydiver

Don't worry grandpa hawgtracks, I'm getting around to the next issue.  I'm sure you will fall right in there on this one too.  Could someone explain how and why the AAA keeps putting the AA Regional and State Tournament in the Eldorado area.  It's another topic that I'm sure you will get fired up about.  Go ahead and say the facilities are better (they're not), other schools don't apply (they do), or any other reason you can find to toot your own horn.  If you notice, outside of the two hawgs/hogs, there's not a lot of love for dear old PC.  Get out of your bubble and talk to others.  I have yet to find anyone who will speak highly of the PC school district but you.  I'm not saying it's bad but you make it out to be Little West Point Academy.  C'mon man, are you serious?? You need to quit smoking your meat so long and spiking that coffee you drink.  There are other achieving school districts in this state and I seriously doubt that PC is as "perfect" as you try to make them out to be.  From the research I've done, PC does have a good academic record but once again, you think it is classy to ridicule others.  That's the thing that sets PC apart from others is the arrogance and exceedingly boastful attitude.  You represent PC here on FF.  Are you proud of your picture you are painting?

skydiver

http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/public-school-accountability/school-performance/report-card

This link is to the Arkansas Dept. of Ed.  You can see for yourself that old grandpa is full of crap.  This is public knowledge.  I encourage you to check this out.  Welcome to the truth in school grading.

searkhogfan

Being (I assume) one of the 2 Hogs. Let me be clear, I have No Love nor Love Loss for PC.  But I do support other teams from our conf..  And if I did have discontent for PC. I wouldn't have it for their players.  And I feel like they were the most talented team in our conf besides us.  And could have had more on all state.

As for as the transfer issue. I honestly feel like you should be able to transfer at will.  Woodlawn would definitely benefit from it.

skydiver

Searkhogfan, I have never mentioned a kids name nor have I tried to take away from any kid or coach an accomplishment.  I am not that low.  I do enjoy ruffling the feathers of people who are easily agitated.  It's not hard to figure out the ones that get bent out of shape easily.  As far as talent, you are correct.  I saw both Woodlawn and PC both play.  Both were very talented but I would definately say that Woodlawn was more talented as a whole.  It really surprised me to not see Woodlawn in the state tourn.  Sometimes you just get a tough draw and don't peak at the right time. 

searkhogfan

Woodlawn was more talented. Woodlawn was loaded. But sometimes talent isn't enough.

skydiver

Quote from: skydiver on May 23, 2015, 12:07:50 am
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 13, 2015, 09:26:08 am
Quote from: skydiver on May 13, 2015, 08:18:07 am
The whole point of this post has accurately been accomplished. I HONESTLY have NO problem with ANY of these girls playing ANYWHERE. The point I've tried to make is the AAA is not consistent with their actions. Did PC do anything illegal?  I don't believe so. Any other school would take those girls and let them play too with AAA help. THATS the issue I have here. I feel like with the number of views and posts that a lot of people have been enlightened to the "ways" of the AAA. IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, that was not my intentions. It took a while to get the blood boiling enough to get all the facts out there from the PC folks. I never mentioned a coach or kids name. That's not how I roll. I never mentioned PC until the PC fans revealed themselves. Bottom line is this, not every school receives the SAME treatment from the AAA. good luck to PC, Foreman, Spring Hill, and Murfreesboro in the state tournament as well as all the other teams that are getting it done the "right" way.  THE END😀
One thing about your point about everything not being equal, you never offered up an example where things aren't equal.
My grand daughter is the senior that got the waiver, it wasn't automatic and they were preparing to move into the PC district before the waiver came through.
I'm curious to know who has been wronged by the AAA.
Not going to give any kids names but here are a few examples you can check up on:
Ashdown transfer to Foreman- Same scenario as Strong to PC.  Girl was not granted a waiver.
Arkansas High transfer to Genoa- Same as above
Malvern transfer to Magnet Cove- Same as above

My point is there are other cases out there that are VERY similar to yours and the end result was not the same.  I will not mention names but you can check these out for yourself.  There are more if you have time to do the research.  You keep saying that I've been wronged?  It's not about ME, it's about being vocal on the issue to raise awareness that AAA is not always consistent with their actions. 

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: skydiver on May 29, 2015, 09:30:46 am
The whole point of this post has accurately been accomplished. I HONESTLY have NO problem with ANY of these girls playing ANYWHERE. The point I've tried to make is the AAA is not consistent with their actions. Did PC do anything illegal?  I don't believe so. Any other school would take those girls and let them play too with AAA help. THATS the issue I have here. I feel like with the number of views and posts that a lot of people have been enlightened to the "ways" of the AAA. IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, that was not my intentions. It took a while to get the blood boiling enough to get all the facts out there from the PC folks. I never mentioned a coach or kids name. That's not how I roll. I never mentioned PC until the PC fans revealed themselves. Bottom line is this, not every school receives the SAME treatment from the AAA. good luck to PC, Foreman, Spring Hill, and Murfreesboro in the state tournament as well as all the other teams that are getting it done the "right" way.  THE END😀
One thing about your point about everything not being equal, you never offered up an example where things aren't equal.
My grand daughter is the senior that got the waiver, it wasn't automatic and they were preparing to move into the PC district before the waiver came through.
Not going to give any kids names but here are a few examples you can check up on:
Ashdown transfer to Foreman- Same scenario as Strong to PC.  Girl was not granted a waiver.

My point is there are other cases out there that are VERY similar to yours and the end result was not the same.  I will not mention names but you can check these out for yourself.  There are more if you have time to do the research.  You keep saying that I've been wronged?  It's not about ME, it's about being vocal on the issue to raise awareness that AAA is not always consistent with their actions.
one thing, how were these cases similar?

BLUEBLOOD

It seems that Hawg can't detach himself from the situation long enough to see that this thread wasn't intended to be pointed at any one school.  Guilty conscience seems to have taken care of that.  Skydiver's point (IMO) is to bring to light a belief that is shared by many on this forum.  We are obviously fans of high school sports and have some interest in a level playing field (unless we can tilt it in our favor.....sorry! couldn't resist). 

If PC gained an advantage, so be it.  They aren't the first and won't be the last school to reap the benefits of a "less than ideal" governing body.  Maybe things will improve, maybe not.  I have called the vet in and, as suspected, this horse is DEAD!!!  So let's all move on to all-district and all-state selections.  Panthers44 is closing in on the hook as we speak.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on May 29, 2015, 02:33:10 pm

It seems that Hawg can't detach himself from the situation long enough to see that this thread wasn't intended to be pointed at any one school.  Guilty conscience seems to have taken care of that.  Skydiver's point (IMO) is to bring to light a belief that is shared by many on this forum.  We are obviously fans of high school sports and have some interest in a level playing field (unless we can tilt it in our favor.....sorry! couldn't resist). 

If PC gained an advantage, so be it.  They aren't the first and won't be the last school to reap the benefits of a "less than ideal" governing body.  Maybe things will improve, maybe not.  I have called the vet in and, as suspected, this horse is DEAD!!!  So let's all move on to all-district and all-state selections.  Panthers44 is closing in on the hook as we speak.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
if you want to move on, move on! Start another thread...ole skydiver is enjoying, his fifteen minutes of fame, informing us "bringing to lite" his words, something all are aware of, but most of aren't really concerned with.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: old dawg on May 28, 2015, 10:01:17 pm
be nice old dawg, I'm one of those PC fans that congratulated on your win over Foreman :~)

searkhogfan

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 29, 2015, 03:07:36 pm
be nice old dawg, I'm one of those PC fans that congratulated on your win over Foreman :~)

I bet he was excited after that game. 

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: skydiver on May 29, 2015, 09:04:11 am
Searkhogfan, I have never mentioned a kids name nor have I tried to take away from any kid or coach an accomplishment.  I am not that low.  I do enjoy ruffling the feathers of people who are easily agitated.  It's not hard to figure out the ones that get bent out of shape easily.  As far as talent, you are correct.  I saw both Woodlawn and PC both play.  Both were very talented but I would definately say that Woodlawn was more talented as a whole.  It really surprised me to not see Woodlawn in the state tourn.  Sometimes you just get a tough draw and don't peak at the right time.
lol skydiver, if you think you've agitated me, don't pat yourself on your back just yet.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 29, 2015, 03:27:26 pm
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 29, 2015, 03:07:36 pm

I bet he was excited after that game.
nah, he looked he'd done it before:~)

searkhogfan

skydiver

Grandpa Trojan Hawgtracks , quit quoting me and misspelling words. It's LIGHT not lite. You probably drink Milwaukee Lite. It's hard to carry on a rational and phylisophical  conversation with an incomprehensible elderly man who is illiterate and egotistical. You lied about PC's educational report so how does one trust that you aren't being dishonest about paperwork. Remember to use your spellcheck if you are going to be a contributing donor of this thread. By the way, I hear you proposed making the new mascot there a clear raincoat. Any truth to that?

CMhawgtracks

May 29, 2015, 06:19:38 pm #221 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:25:15 pm by CMhawgtracks
Open letter to skydiver:
Dear skydiver, since I'm an old man and was born before electric calculators and have just now learned to turn on a computer, I certainly don't know how to post a link from my obama phone, would you do this old man a favor? I know you've done your best, probably egged on by old dawg and a certain coach from Woodlawn that share a single FF account, to be a jerk which I know deep down, you're not as bad as you make yourself out to be, but would you post usnews.com for me?
If you would be so kind, I really would appreciate it.
When you do that and their home page appears, click on rankings, then click on arkansas, then scroll down to best schools and tell me what it says.

Sincerely
cm

skydiver

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on May 29, 2015, 06:19:38 pm
Open letter to skydiver:
Dear skydiver, since I'm an old man and was born before electric calculators and have just now learned to turn on a computer, I certainly don't know how to post a link from my obama phone, would you do this old man a favor? I know you've done your best, probably egged on by old dawg and a certain coach from Woodlawn that share a single FF account, to be a jerk which I know deep down, you're not as bad as you make yourself out to be, but would you post usnews.com for me?
If you would be so kind, I really would appreciate it.
When you do that and their home page appears, click on rankings, then click on arkansas, then scroll down to best schools and tell me what it says.
I read yours and I hope you read my earlier post from the Ark Dept of Ed. These are the facts. Your post is base on opinion and my post is based on performance. With that being said, PCHS is perceived to be a better school when in reality it doesn't perform as well as  DHS. That's the fact of these two reports and don't you go arguing that.

Sincerely
cm

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 29, 2015, 06:36:30 pm
Let's see if I can help you

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/arkansas/rankings?int=c0b4c1
we sure seem to show up on here about the same time a bunch, could it be that we're the same...nah couldn't be, you're from Woodlawn, I'm from PC:~) thanks for the link

searkhogfan

skydiver

I replied above and somehow it ended up within your open letter to me.

CMhawgtracks

May 29, 2015, 07:29:36 pm #227 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:42:39 pm by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: skydiver on May 29, 2015, 06:59:15 pm
I replied above and somehow it ended up within your open letter to me.
Yeah right, most times I find when someone points out others mistakes, it's not long before they prove they're  not 6' tall and bullet proof...

PrivateLesson

Quote from: skydiver on May 29, 2015, 06:46:54 pm

I read yours and I hope you read my earlier post from the Ark Dept of Ed. These are the facts. Your post is base on opinion and my post is based on performance. With that being said, PCHS is perceived to be a better school when in reality it doesn't perform as well as  DHS. That's the fact of these two reports and don't you go arguing that.

CMHawgtracks....in this case he is telling the truth....^^^^^^^^^^

Just trying to help and good luck!  :)

CMhawgtracks

May 29, 2015, 08:06:25 pm #229 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:09:13 pm by CMhawgtracks
Skydiver, it's been fun but I'll leave you with these figures. You seem so proud of the number of views this post has received, some how trying to relate the views with the concerns about this big problem with the AAA. Only 0.035% of the people viewing replied, we all know the ones posting. Only 0.002% of the viewers voted in the poll.
That proves not many people are concerned with your perceived, unlevel playing field...

skydiver

The way I see it, more people are aware than before. There have been several great points made within this thread including some by yourself and even old searkhogfan. I guess we are going to just have to agree to disagree on some matters. How much fun would this forum be if everyone just agreed on everything? I was personally able to get some clarification on a lot of questions I had without ever asking. I regret it turned into a bashing contest but I'm kinda like a pit bulldog. When I feel like I'm right I dont back down. Nobody has ever questioned what my thoughts are. I say what I think and I'm a big boy, I can take it too. Hope to see you guys down the road. Just remember I like my coffee black. I'll reveal myself to both of you in due time.

PrivateLesson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas