• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RUSSELLVILLE IS YOUR 2016 6A STATE CHAMPIONS

Started by Brian G, December 03, 2016, 09:07:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

December 03, 2016, 09:07:25 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:11:46 pm by B.G.
Congrats to the players, coaches, parents and fans of Russellville.

First title in football since 1933.

AirWarren

PA Dad

~WPS~

AT

Fulsom deserves the MVP, but Woodard was a huge part of that win tonight. I like seeing track stars do good on the football field. He was getting to the edge so smoothly.

Pokey03

Congrats to Billy Dawson, and the Russellville Cyclones what a turnaround for this team huge task and turned out in the favor

rskyb33

Congrats to Russellville on winning the 6a state title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warriors023

Congrats to The Cyclones from Johnson county!

AirWarren

Pr8hd

Congrats Russellville. Hats off to Billy Dawson and the Cyclones.

Maclin on your girl

Turned the program around in a short amount of time just shows what the right coach can do to a program. Congrats RV!

~WPS~

Coach Venny Slocombe

Congrats to RHS...they whipped GW in every aspect of the game. Well done...

PiratePride03

Great game Cyclones!   You made the River Valley PROUD tonight!

flow51

Congrats to Coach Dawson and the Cyclones!! Fun game to watch

Yellowcake

Spent the night on Russelville's sidelines. I am a PA dad, but I had an absolute ball being around those kids and their fans. Complete jubilee and excitement. Congrats on the city's first state championship in football. The defense bowed up when it mattered, your quarterback was awesome and 14 made some unbelievable plays.

And your mascot is the best one in the state. Well done Cyclone nation.

tmycjy

Congrats to Russellville football player coaches and staff on the state tittle glad to see someone different win for a change and this is not a knock at Greenwood team I also want to congrats GW on the Runner up tittle

STBruin

Congratulations to Russellville and Coach Dawson!!!!

The Future

Congrats Russellville players, coaches, and fans.

Lions84

Congratulations for a great season and the State Title.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Congrats from Eldog town! Yall deserve this win and enjoy it!

Wildcat Football

December 05, 2016, 09:29:24 am #21 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:38:02 am by Wildcat Football
Congrats to Cyclones and Coach Dawson!  Welcome to the State Championship Club in the modern era.  And, to GW fans and players hang your heads high.  Fantastic program and know ya'll will run another great year next season with core team back.  QB Fulsom played a great game and rose to the occassion.  I hope he gets a shot at the next level.  Too many times, college coaches use the measurements for recruiting, but very few look at heart, soul, and character (intrinsic values)...so they miss out on a lot of really good players as a result. Did you see all those passes he completed in a very tight window in inclement weather?  He was spectacular to say the least.  I called this game on defense, so hats off to defensive side of ball too, holding GW in check during 2nd half.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2016, 09:16:42 pm
Dude is special ain't he?
tried to tell um when he left Nashville he would turn Russellville around.Dawson and Bo definitely in the top three coaches in the state

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on December 05, 2016, 10:02:59 am
tried to tell um when he left Nashville he would turn Russellville around.Dawson and Bo definitely in the top three coaches in the state

The talent is there is Russellville.

Most of the Russellville talent has ended up in Dardanelle and Pottsville. Look for Russellville to start getting back some of those kids and start rolling.

johnhickey33

Airwarren please do not pretend like Pottsville and Dardanelle has stolen talent or has more talent than Russellville.. that is ludicrous. Russellville does not to bring anything back the pieces have always been there. Coach Dawson is bringing them together.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2016, 10:36:00 am
The talent is there is Russellville.

Most of the Russellville talent has ended up in Dardanelle and Pottsville. Look for Russellville to start getting back some of those kids and start rolling.
+1 yep

protegewill

Congratulations to Coach Dawson and the Russellville Cyclones on winning the 6A Championship!!

Warriors023

My final word. Russleville is the Dallas of 6A

ricepig

Quote from: Warriors023 on December 07, 2016, 09:30:55 pm
My final word. Russleville is the Dallas of 6A

So, win a championship, and then wait at least 21 years before another one, gotcha.

Lumberjackfan1978

If Dawson stays it won't be another 21 years guarantee you that

Warriors023

I don't mean it in that way, just that they pretty well came out of nowhere

Brian G

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 04, 2016, 08:11:45 pm
Congrats from Eldog town! Yall deserve this win and enjoy it!

I wished that moniker "Eldog" would disappear. it makes us look or sound thuggish which 90% of the fans aren't. I understand your probably a young person but Cmon Man

pine-ryder

Russellville athletes not going to Pottsville or Dardanelle? How many years ago was it when Pottsville beat Russellville? Hmmmm....that just don't happen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas