• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

isaac mcbride(Baptist Prep)

Started by mr.gametime, August 01, 2018, 05:57:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

August 01, 2018, 05:57:41 pm Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:19:25 pm by mr.gametime
 had a good summer in the AAU basketball and has picked up some major offers...such as Kansas, SMU, TCU and Oklahoma State.

beach bum

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 01, 2018, 05:57:41 pm
I had a good summer in the AAU basketball and has picked up some major offers...such as Kansas, SMU, TCU and Oklahoma State.

Remember though? Remember all the people in the 4A threads during the state tournament that said he was not that great  ::)?............ I tried to tell them what felt like a thousand times this kid was the real deal. College recruiting values physical numbers too much and not winning actual games and getting it done on the court on both ends like he does. He is a winner and he has proven that over and over with Baptist Prep's success. I am glad he is receiving those offers cause he deserves it.

Eagle20

Quote from: beach bum on August 01, 2018, 10:21:10 pm

Remember though? Remember all the people in the 4A threads during the state tournament that said he was not that great  ::)?............ I tried to tell them what felt like a thousand times this kid was the real deal. College recruiting values physical numbers too much and not winning actual games and getting it done on the court on both ends like he does. He is a winner and he has proven that over and over with Baptist Prep's success. I am glad he is receiving those offers cause he deserves it.
He has picked up a few more.  Wichita State, Auburn, Iowa State and Loyola Chicago among others.  I know him well and there are just not many kids as solid as he is character wise.  Tireless worker and great kid!  Well deserved!

beach bum

Quote from: Eagle20 on August 02, 2018, 12:25:18 am
He has picked up a few more.  Wichita State, Auburn, Iowa State and Loyola Chicago among others.  I know him well and there are just not many kids as solid as he is character wise.  Tireless worker and great kid!  Well deserved!

I have seen him play twice in person and he brings the effort on both sides of the ball.... I remember one of the games I watched he was just a 9th grader guarding the other teams best perimeter player and he shut him down with his effort defensively. You definitely have to appreciate a two way player like that.

Ctucker

If Kansas and some of these other teams are looking at him why hasn't Arkansas offered him?

Eagle20

They went all in on Justice hill a couple of years ago and he is good but not as big or good as McBride. 

mr.gametime

Quote from: Ctucker on August 02, 2018, 02:05:47 pm
If Kansas and some of these other teams are looking at him why hasn't Arkansas offered him?

Because they won't have a scholarship available... for another guard after Justice Hill signs

beach bum

Quote from: Eagle20 on August 02, 2018, 04:59:24 pm
They went all in on Justice hill a couple of years ago and he is good but not as big or good as McBride.

I think Anderson put all his eggs in a basket really early and got the 2019 class all filled super early. That can be a good thing sometimes and then in other instances it bites schools in the behind when they fully fill their class and a kid really comes on late and you have no room to add a stand out player because you put all your chips on the table too so early.

Ctucker

Quote from: mr.gametime on August 02, 2018, 06:18:53 pm
Because they won't have a scholarship available... for another guard after Justice Hill signs
Ok didn't realize that! Dang that's not good with the people that are offering him. We could really use him!

BigLion10

I'll take McBride any day over Hill

Eagle20

Quote from: beach bum on August 02, 2018, 06:19:54 pm

I think Anderson put all his eggs in a basket really early and got the 2019 class all filled super early. That can be a good thing sometimes and then in other instances it bites schools in the behind when they fully fill their class and a kid really comes on late and you have no room to add a stand out player because you put all your chips on the table too so early.
mcBride was better then too. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: beach bum on August 02, 2018, 06:19:54 pm

The class of 2019 has only one commit and that's justice hill. 2019 is far from filled.

mr.gametime

Quote from: fann07 on August 04, 2018, 09:48:06 am
The class of 2019 has only one commit and that's justice hill. 2019 is far from filled.

As of right now they only have 1 scholarship available for the 2019 class so technically it is filled.....lol

BigLion10

McBride offered by Tennessee today

Neckred

Quote from: beach bum on August 01, 2018, 10:21:10 pm

YEP

holidayhooper

Quote from: Ctucker on August 02, 2018, 02:05:47 pm
imo Arkansas missed out big time...watched him play at real deal in the rock...kid is a beast, can score at will...best player on the court that day imo

Splash199

Reportedly Arkansas offered McBride today. Hope he comes to the hill!!

Moneymike

If he goes anywhere but Kansas... it would be a tragedy! It would be great to see him in Razorback red, but let's be real! He'll be a Jayhawk!! Most underrated player in the state.. On the floor the kid can do it all and may be one of the best shooters the state has seen in a while

LeftyWorld

Play for Bill Self or Mike Anderson....... Is that even a question  ???

Neckred

Quote from: LeftyWorld on August 31, 2018, 09:53:24 am
Play for Bill Self or Mike Anderson....... Is that even a question  ???
Yea it is.  Especially when you are from Arkansas. 

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: Neckred on September 05, 2018, 08:25:39 am
I hate when people make this argument. Just because a kid is from Arkansas doesn't mean they should go there to play ball just because they offer him or her. I mean if us as adults and working individuals got offered a job to go work in the same company in a different state for way more money and better hours, we would probably consider that very strongly. And that comparison is the difference between a Kansas and Arkansas or Kentucky and Arkansas.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Neckred on September 05, 2018, 08:25:39 am

So just because the kid is from Arkansas means he is suppose to sacrifice his own career instead of going to one of the biggest college basketball powerhouses out there? UofA didn't even offer him until they caught a ton of heat for not offering him. He owes nothing to the UofA and I wish him well at Kansas.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 13, 2018, 01:23:00 pm
So just because the kid is from Arkansas means he is suppose to sacrifice his own career instead of going to one of the biggest college basketball powerhouses out there? UofA didn't even offer him until they caught a ton of heat for not offering him. He owes nothing to the UofA and I wish him well at Kansas.

I wouldn't rule out UVA, TCU, Auburn or Arkansas just yet.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on September 14, 2018, 06:37:16 am
I wouldn't rule out UVA, TCU, Auburn or Arkansas just yet.

Well, it sounds like TCU and Arkansas are out now.  Down to KU, Auburn & UVA (haven't heard TN mentioned in a while). 

RamblinRazorWreck

In-home and official visits between McBride and Auburn have reportedly been cancelled. 

NEABallftw

KU will be the decision I bet, he is too good and could easily be a year 1 starter

BadBadger30

Congrats to Isaac on his decision to head to Kansas. Kid is an easy one to root for.

Ctucker

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas