• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Coaching Changes - 2014

Started by JohnBarleycorn, November 26, 2013, 09:48:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Turf guru

WC has NOT offered! How do you offer when there are still 6 interviews left? Get your facts straight!!

Expodog

I knew that as well but I was curious what his answer would be.

Expodog

Do you now who else is applying other than the two in house guys? Just curious who are the 6

hogwild_82

Quote from: Turf guru on May 05, 2014, 01:28:18 pm
WC has NOT offered! How do you offer when there are still 6 interviews left? Get your facts straight!!

They have definitely offered! I don't care what you think about my facts! I know of two guys that have been offered! One turned down and one hasn't answered them yet. They may be interviewing because they can't get the guys they want so they continue to interview! The thing here is why are good coaches turning them down??

Big Fan

Quote from: hogwild_82 on May 06, 2014, 08:10:09 am
The thing here is why are good coaches turning them down??
....ummmm....cause it's Chapel?

GuvHog

So does the AAA require schools to do a minimum number of interviews before making a job offer???

Idoknow

Quote from: GuvHog on May 06, 2014, 04:48:00 pm

So does the AAA require schools to do a minimum number of interviews before making a job offer???
AAA has nothing to do with schools hiring coaches!

GuvHog

Quote from: Idoknow on May 06, 2014, 06:08:24 pm

That's what I thought. So if WC wants to forgo the rest of the interviews and make an immediate hire, they are free to do so.

DogsWin7

They do have to advertise the positron I think for a couple of weeks but that's pretty much it so I've heard.

Lots of changes this year!

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 06, 2014, 06:45:28 pm

That's what I thought. So if WC wants to forgo the rest of the interviews and make an immediate hire, they are free to do so.
As long as they follow the rules of a little organization known as the ADE. 

JohnBarleycorn

LCC

"Rumor" says that Melbourne and Valley View are going to come open.

JohnBarleycorn

coachsearch

A lot of good jobs coming open very late. With some of these it is going to start a domino effect very late in the spring.

hogwild_82

Looks like Watson Chapel did in fact offer their position! Dustin Prescott will do a great job there! Good luck to him and their school!

GuvHog

May 09, 2014, 12:05:47 pm #116 Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:21:44 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: hogwild_82 on May 09, 2014, 11:40:49 am
Looks like Watson Chapel did in fact offer their position! Dustin Prescott will do a great job there! Good luck to him and their school!

It is not official. The school board has not voted on him yet. I believe they'll make it official though.

hogwild_82

Quote from: GuvHog on May 09, 2014, 12:05:47 pm
Quote from: hogwild_82 on May 09, 2014, 11:40:49 am

It is not official. The school board has not voted on him yet. I believe they'll make it o9fficial though.

They would be out of their mind to not vote him in! He is as good a coach as there is out there!

ricepig

Quote from: LCC on May 08, 2014, 08:03:33 pm
"Rumor" says that Melbourne and Valley View are going to come open.

Yep, Valley View is open.

gameoflife

Where are the Melbourne and VV coaches going? 

tmycjy

Quote from: gameoflife on May 10, 2014, 04:58:41 am
Where are the Melbourne and VV coaches going? 

Yes I would like to know

Elvis

JohnBarleycorn

Looks like a few more years of futility for JA Fair.

Hogskin

LCC

JohnBarleycorn

JohnBarleycorn

JohnBarleycorn

hogwild29

Hogskin

It is official LR is done with football outside of LR Central. The whole system is flawed and football will never come back to prominence..just sad

DogsWin7

Any word on who is being hired where???    :)

gameoflife

elvis26

:D I heard Shannon Sherman is going to Gravette but not to coach. I have not heard what position he is taking though.

GuvHog

The Watson Chapel School board has turned down the recommendation of Dustin Prescott as the next Head coach so the search goes on....

JohnBarleycorn

ricepig

Quote from: elvis26 on May 12, 2014, 10:52:22 pm
:D I heard Shannon Sherman is going to Gravette but not to coach. I have not heard what position he is taking though.

That's correct, he has accepted a teaching position. In the Sun today, he is quoted as saying that if he gets back in coaching, fine, but he felt it was taking too much time away from his family.

OB11

The Valley View job should draw some pretty strong interest.  Program has taken leaps and bounds in a relatively short amount of time.  Great place to be by all accounts. 

ricepig

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on May 13, 2014, 12:17:51 pm
The Valley View job should draw some pretty strong interest.  Program has taken leaps and bounds in a relatively short amount of time.  Great place to be by all accounts.

Moving up in competition, and if the 6A/5A conference proposal goes through, it could get tougher. It will be interesting to see if they stay in-house or look elsewhere.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on May 13, 2014, 12:36:28 pm

Moving up in competition, and if the 6A/5A conference proposal goes through, it could get tougher. It will be interesting to see if they stay in-house or look elsewhere.

I feel like they can compete though.  They definitely won't be a slouch in the 5A.

ricepig

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on May 13, 2014, 02:15:43 pm
Quote from: ricepig on May 13, 2014, 12:36:28 pm

I feel like they can compete though.  They definitely won't be a slouch in the 5A.

Yeah, they should make the playoffs with 4 teams going, probably always be the 3rd/4th seed.

slowntheMUD

gatecrasher

Hamburg's Mike Cox to be named Camden Fairview coach.

JohnBarleycorn

minerjack

I don't think Des Arc should be up.  They took it off the AAA board.

Lions84

slimdlp

Hackett and Mt View jobs are posted as open

Elvis

Heard Dave Hendrix left Piggott for Rector

JohnBarleycorn

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas