• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A 2018

Started by whippersnapper, August 30, 2018, 09:04:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Lincoln starts the season off right with a 14-0 win over Westville

Gray lizard

Any information on PG JR team?

whippersnapper

Lincoln lost last week to keys. Won tonight against Subiaco 36-8. They're 2-1

x14113

Shiloh's looking to be a WIP.

When they get going, they can be hard to stop. Once that momentum breaks, though, they become vulnerable.

See: their last series at Ozark tonight.

whippersnapper

Momma_S

Green Forest Jr High handed Berryville a shutout last night.
Very well-played game by the GF boys. They came out hitting hard and swarming the ball on defense.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Momma_S on September 21, 2018, 10:12:28 am
Green Forest Jr High handed Berryville a shutout last night.
Very well-played game by the GF boys. They came out hitting hard and swarming the ball on defense.
What was the final score?

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh beat Pea Ridge last night I believe 24-14.  Looked pretty good but I agree with x14113 on his comments a few post ago.. 

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh beat PG 28-14 last night...

$aintMaximu$

Does anybody have any other scores?

Gray lizard

Is Elkins playing in this conference?

$aintMaximu$

x14113

The Elks are playing everyone in the 4A-1 except for Shiloh, at least for this season.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I believe it is setup like this:
East: Pea Ridge, Shiloh, Huntsville, Green Forest, Berryville
West: Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Elkins, Gentry, Gravette

Each team plays the 4 teams on their side and 2 crossover games. I think only the four division games determine seeding. Week 10 will match up 1 v 1, 2 v 2, etc.

I am not sure of records and seeding, but I have heard Green Forest is undefeated, and we haven't lost in conference either.  Not sure how anyone else has done except for the trade films we have.

Some teams played other conference teams in non-conference, so Elkins may really be playing everyone else except Shiloh.

beach bum

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on October 10, 2018, 08:34:25 pm
I believe it is setup like this:
East: Pea Ridge, Shiloh, Huntsville, Green Forest, Berryville
West: Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Elkins, Gentry, Gravette

Each team plays the 4 teams on their side and 2 crossover games. I think only the four division games determine seeding. Week 10 will match up 1 v 1, 2 v 2, etc.

I am not sure of records and seeding, but I have heard Green Forest is undefeated, and we haven't lost in conference either.  Not sure how anyone else has done except for the trade films we have.

Some teams played other conference teams in non-conference, so Elkins may really be playing everyone else except Shiloh.

That is quite possibly the worst idea ever.... Why not just play every one once and then play one non conference game? Whoever came up with this needs to stay away from forming conferences in the future. What's next.... 14 team conferences where you only play 8 of the 13 teams? I know we see that at some level of football?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I asked the same thing, but I think Lincoln, Gentry, or Gravette traveling to Huntsville, Green Forest, and Berryville (and vice versa) on a Thursday was the main motivation behind it.

RZback

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on October 10, 2018, 11:17:37 pm
I asked the same thing, but I think Lincoln, Gentry, or Gravette traveling to Huntsville, Green Forest, and Berryville (and vice versa) on a Thursday was the main motivation behind it.

Oh, how silly.  So I guess they will cut down the number of basketball games for similar reasons?  Maybe eliminate track meets and baseball games during the week.

beach bum

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on October 10, 2018, 11:17:37 pm

Not sure how you feel about this, but I almost wish high schools would go to 10 team conferences with the 9 conference games and one non conference game. I say that because non conference games are in essence pretty much glorified scrimmages because they have no bearing on postseason play. I wish teams got one non conference and right on to the meaningful games in week 2. I know as a coach you probably enjoy 3 non conference for adjustments of positions, roles, etc. before you start conference  play. As a fan and for overall competition sake I'd love to see two more games that play a role in playoff seeding. It would only amp up the value of 2 more games that mattered toward playoff seeding.

beach bum

October 11, 2018, 01:44:38 pm #18 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:02:51 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RZback on October 11, 2018, 10:42:55 am
Oh, how silly.  So I guess they will cut down the number of basketball games for similar reasons?  Maybe eliminate track meets and baseball games during the week.

Some of those 5A/6A blended leagues had crazy travel..... I think they knew they messed that up when they changed that again this cycle. Outdoor track meets need to start about 2 hours earlier even if that means starting them slightly before school is out cause it is normal for them to end super late. The 1A-4A indoor state meet needs to be moved to even 11am or noon cause it did not end until after midnight which is absurd. Basketball and other sports state tourneys start early in the day so I don't see why the indoor meet can not start that early for a once a year thing.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2018, 01:43:40 pm

Not sure how you feel about this, but I almost wish high schools would go to 10 team conferences with the 9 conference games and one non conference game. I say that because non conference games are in essence pretty much glorified scrimmages because they have no bearing on postseason play. I wish teams got one non conference and right on to the meaningful games in week 2. I know as a coach you probably enjoy 3 non conference for adjustments of positions, roles, etc. before you start conference  play. As a fan and for overall competition sake I'd love to see two more games that play a role in playoff seeding. It would only amp up the value of 2 more games that mattered toward playoff seeding.

Really need the noncon for the development of the players and the schemes.  Plus if you go conference right away then I think you are going to see fewer "backup" players getting minutes.  Winning becomes the ultimate goal and now you cannot afford to take risks like you can in a noncon game.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on October 11, 2018, 06:11:48 pm
Really need the noncon for the development of the players and the schemes.  Plus if you go conference right away then I think you are going to see fewer "backup" players getting minutes.  Winning becomes the ultimate goal and now you cannot afford to take risks like you can in a noncon game.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I definitely see that side of it and know it will never change cause even though those non conference games are not as fun for the fans or the playoff seeding on the line, but those coaches absolutely need those to work on kinks throughout the team schematically and where to get their players in the best positions to succeed. I just love seeing conference games where seeding is on the line though more than a non conference game anyday as a fan.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2018, 06:26:47 pm
I definitely see that side of it and know it will never change cause even though those non conference games are not as fun for the fans or the playoff seeding on the line, but those coaches absolutely need those to work on kinks throughout the team schematically and where to get their players in the best positions to succeed. I just love seeing conference games where seeding is on the line though more than a non conference game anyday as a fan.

The alternative answer to your proposal would be to add a couple of games at the end of the season, prior to playoffs, and to try to develop rivalry games in the noncon season which would give them more meaning and inspire a better fan following.

Momma_S

How did the Green Forest / Shiloh game turn out?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Shiloh 26, Green Forest 6

They were a very good team. We were able to get up on them early, and I feel we got them out of their game plan. We were up 20-0 at half, and they took the whole 3rd quarter with a drive and a TD.  We hit a broken play deep touchdown pass on 3rd and 20+ early in the 4th to put the game out of reach.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on October 19, 2018, 12:56:43 am
Shiloh 26, Green Forest 6

They were a very good team. We were able to get up on them early, and I feel we got them out of their game plan. We were up 20-0 at half, and they took the whole 3rd quarter with a drive and a TD.  We hit a broken play deep touchdown pass on 3rd and 20+ early in the 4th to put the game out of reach.

I agree, we have a great game plan and excellent execution.  That Green Forest team looked really good...

CoachRH

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 19, 2018, 03:05:32 pm

I agree, we have a great game plan and excellent execution.  That Green Forest team looked really good...
Shiloh finished strong and 7th grade ran away in their games.  Should be interesting the next couple of years!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas