• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel Coach

Started by GoodGuy, December 12, 2018, 08:51:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodGuy

So did Midyett leave? The posting I saw said they were taking applicants with the possibility of being a head coach. Are they planning on hiring from within if the right person doesn't apply?

JackofallTrades

I'm sure Bates is the guy for the job. Only good thing about this is that it happened early.

dragondad

Quote from: JackofallTrades on December 12, 2018, 09:07:08 am
I'm sure Bates is the guy for the job. Only good thing about this is that it happened early.

He should be,  hes paid his dues, it's long overdue....good coach and a good guy.

THA TRUTH

Guess the QB leaving was to just to much

Rida4Life

Where is Midyett going?  I've heard rumors but nothing solid yet.

trojanman

I was in Dixie this morning an the old man table said he was going to Warren

sickwillie

Quote from: trojanman on December 12, 2018, 09:42:26 am
I was in Dixie this morning an the old man table said he was going to Warren

Makes sense. Warren took their DC job off of the internet.

eldofan

Has the Qb left yet ? Thought that was still a rumor.

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on December 12, 2018, 10:06:20 am
Has the Qb left yet ? Thought that was still a rumor.
as far as I know its just a rumor.

thabeast428

Well Bo will be good to work with

old.dole

What direction will Pc go. They must be hard at it my buddy down there won't answer his phone

thabeast428

I think they should go to 8 man

THA TRUTH

Tells u all u need to know when one of the pride and joys of the school didn't want to stick around

Rida4Life

I do know that there are at least two guys on staff that are qualified to take it.... I don't know if either wants the job or not.
I think both would do a good job but lets not kid ourselves... this is a tough job to win games at.

BlueCrew4U

I've heard that Bates is looking to get into administration... so who knows if he wants the hassle of a football rebuild or not.

THA TRUTH

How long y'all been rebuilding???

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2018, 12:58:26 pm
How long y'all been rebuilding???

so do you just try to be a jerk or does it come naturally?

THA TRUTH

Lol don't get upset that ur school can't get passed the rebuilding stage that they have been in since the program started

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2018, 01:29:47 pm
Lol don't get upset that ur school can't get passed the rebuilding stage that they have been in since the program started

I'm not, just not really your place or the right thread to point that out.

We know it'll be a tough job. our kids have got to get tougher. too many mommas boys that only want to play baseball.  Until that changes it'll be a rebuild every year.  We know you and king JC are down the road feasting on the weak... don't need you to come on here pointing it out. that's all.

Rida4Life

I wonder if Coach Vincent will put his name in the hat.  Did a fantastic job at Hazen with that defense this year.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 12, 2018, 01:37:21 pm
I'm not, just not really your place or the right thread to point that out.

We know it'll be a tough job. our kids have got to get tougher. too many mommas boys that only want to play baseball.  Until that changes it'll be a rebuild every year.  We know you and king JC are down the road feasting on the weak... don't need you to come on here pointing it out. that's all.

Just get used to it

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 12, 2018, 01:39:10 pm
I wonder if Coach Vincent will put his name in the hat.  Did a fantastic job at Hazen with that defense this year.
He is a good one, and yes that kid can flat out coach a defense.

eldofan

Wonder what made Jacob give it up ? Thought he was happy to come home and build a program at PC

THA TRUTH

PC as a whole and Looney running things with the baseball program being king

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2018, 02:45:33 pm
👍😉😁

Rida4Life

December 13, 2018, 07:36:36 am #25 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:43:58 am by Rida4Life
No question baseball has been king.  They have to learn to piggyback on that success in all sports.

airitout

Arn't most 2A schools constantly rebuilding?  Only a few have the numbers EVERY year to continue high levels.  Plugging in 10th graders as they come in for their best fit can be challenging . The consistency of the same coach for many years in a row certainly does help.  I think one would have to wonder "what happened?" when a home town boy takes the job and is touted as the guy who can come in and save the program because of his loyalties, and then he leaves this quick.  I believe when they hired him there was at least a few other very good coaches who applied(from the area), too.  Smith from JC comes to mind.  People that may have stayed for the long haul.  Good luck to PC and whoever get that job.

BlueCrew4U

I don't think you can automatically look at Midyett leaving and assume things are bad.  There could be a lot of factors that led to his decision.  I would think it would be hard to coach at your hometown school.  Maybe PC needs someone with no ties that doesn't care who they make mad in order to get the job done.  8)

Rida4Life

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2018, 02:45:33 pm

Boy.... those Dragons still don't like that PC can give them a run for their money on the diamond. 
Not fair to say Looney "runs things" but he has built a tremendous program that the community is proud of.
Football needs to follow suit.

dragondad

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 13, 2018, 10:43:00 am
Boy.... those Dragons still don't like that PC can give them a run for their money on the diamond. 
Not fair to say Looney "runs things" but he has built a tremendous program that the community is proud of.
Football needs to follow suit.

Hes continued a great program, but the program existed long before he arrived.

Rida4Life

It did... but he took it to a championship level.  Before Looney baseball was just average.

Dragon I

No, they don't!  Lol!  But that's what makes those games so fun.  PC and JC are consistently good in baseball and basketball.  I had high hopes for their football program.  They should at least be Hector/Salem competitive with the athletes they have.  It would take the JC/PC rivalry to another level if they could.

THA TRUTH

So instead of 72-0 the games will be 56-0

i40traveler

Quote from: Dragon I on December 13, 2018, 11:48:02 am
No, they don't!  Lol!  But that's what makes those games so fun.  PC and JC are consistently good in baseball and basketball.  I had high hopes for their football program.  They should at least be Hector/Salem competitive with the athletes they have.  It would take the JC/PC rivalry to another level if they could.

If PC played Hector or Salem's schedule, I dare say they would be that successful.  Salem had that good running back this year Turner that put up like 2500 yards.  He was a good player and I mean no disrespect by saying this, but could you imagine how many yards Dezmon Jackson would have put up in that same spot?  Apples to oranges

dragondad

I dont think it's a coaching or a talent issue at PC....

THA TRUTH

None taken... Jacksons loyalty made him have to go the hard route to D1 when all he had to do was go 2 miles north or 5 miles through the woods

Rida4Life

Quote from: dragondad on December 13, 2018, 12:13:24 pm
I dont think it's a coaching or a talent issue at PC....
No question.... it's a culture issue.  Not sure how you fix that.

Dragon I

Even those teams usually beat PC though.  PC has everything to be competitive in our conference.  They just need someone to put it together.  This coming from someone that is anti PC.  Lol!  If PC can support baseball and basketball the way they do, they can support powerlifting and football as well.  It's just getting the kids to buy in. 

eldofan

The key is buying in . When kids are quitting bc the coach works them too hard, that is a rumor I heard from several parents with football kids. Another is participation . Me and one parent was talking about that mid season. Pc had 24 kids and it is one of the largest double A schools in the state. The basketball team has like 18 on the roster . Until the culture is changed out here Pc will always be playing for the last playoff spot every year. It's a shame to bc the athletes are there for better success .

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on December 13, 2018, 01:29:49 pm
The key is buying in . When kids are quitting bc the coach works them too hard, that is a rumor I heard from several parents with football kids. Another is participation . Me and one parent was talking about that mid season. Pc had 24 kids and it is one of the largest double A schools in the state. The basketball team has like 18 on the roster . Until the culture is changed out here Pc will always be playing for the last playoff spot every year. It's a shame to bc the athletes are there for better success .

EldoFan,
you seem to be connected to the parents, what is the deal?  How come they won't push their kids to play football but will drive all over the south to chase baseball and basketball?  I don't get it.

eldofan

I know some football parents . They just like u and I don't  understand why that is either.  Basketball and baseball get a ton of support but football doesn't . I've heard lots of rumors from Little Johnnys parents do not wont him playing fb bc he may get hurt or his future is in basketball or football so that's what we are concentrating on. I'm sure there may be some truth to those rumors . They are as frustrated as us fans. 

dragondad

I can tell you what would fix PCs football, track, and weightlifting, and boost their basketball even more.... but theyd end up in 3A and the solution is one that most in PC have no desire to accept.

eldofan

With the enrollment increasing out here I feel their days in 2a are numbered anyways

dragondad

Quote from: eldofan on December 13, 2018, 02:14:27 pm
With the enrollment increasing out here I feel their days in 2a are numbered

Which will only play out worse for them in sports.  Just like coaching and talent isnt the issue for PC in football, track, and weightroom.......neither is their enrollment numbers.  However what it will take would likely cause some, especially some who choice in, to seek out other locations.

dragondad

I'm trying to be as gentle as possible so that some PC folks dont get their feathers ruffled.

Rida4Life

I think I'm smelling what you're stepping in there dragondad.

eldofan

I know what u are saying . I chose Pc being  I wanted out of town and in the country when I decided I was going to stay here and not move since I'm a transplant and not from Arkansas. It also was closer to work and convient to my Monroe roots . I can't speak for others moving to Pc . Just know why I did

dragondad

I'm not saying anyone specifically, but I'm also not naive enough to believe that no one is there because of the demographics..... both financial and racial demographics.  If PC were to merge with Strong, Felsenthal, Huttig, Ubana.... they're problems in the sports I mentioned would likely not cease but, they would definitely become much more competitive.

bleudog

December 13, 2018, 03:00:47 pm #48 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:05:07 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on December 13, 2018, 02:03:26 pm
I can tell you what would fix PCs football, track, and weightlifting, and boost their basketball even more.... but theyd end up in 3A and the solution is one that most in PC have no desire to accept.

265/318=83.33%  7-12

264/355=74.37%  9-12

193/317=60.88%  7-12

506/1,283=39.44%  9-12

65/286=22.73%  K-12

Total of above:  1,293/2,559=50.53%

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2018, 03:00:47 pm
265/318=83.33%  7-12

264/355=74.37%  9-12

193/317=60.88%  7-12

506/1,283=39.44%  9-12

65/286=22.73%  K-12

Total of above:  1,293/2,559=50.53%

Totally lost me with that Bleu... can you label a column or row?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas