• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Round 3

Started by stuck in between, November 19, 2018, 05:12:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

A couple of the 7-2A members took it on the chin last Friday night. I went 4 for 4 with my picks, but in all honesty I thought either Gurdon or Mineral would surprise their opponent. Man, was I wrong. Both of them got sent home wearing a well whipped hiney. This leaves last year's state champion and runner up to carry the conference torch. How they will do will be determined, but once again here are my predictions.

Earle @ Foreman - This is a rematch of last year's semifinal game that never took place due to Earle having to forfeit their season because of playing an eligible player. The Bulldogs will be forced to make the 283 mile trip to the Swamp where the Gators extended their home winning streak to 15 last week defeating a scrappy Magazine team 38-26. Earle got their first win of the season against a team with a winning record when they defeated a previous 1- loss Salem team 36-22. The Gators looked rusty coming off from the week 1 bye as they gave up a season high 26 points. While Earle has shutout 2 opponents they have given up an average of 31 ppg. to teams that finished above .500 on the year.
Both of these teams have proven they know how to score with Foreman averaging 32.3 and Earle putting up 32.8, but the Gators have the edge on defense only giving up 6.3 while pitching 5 shutouts to the Bulldogs 17.3. If Foreman plays to their potential I believe their defense and the long road trip will be the difference. If they play like they did last Friday the Bulldogs are very capable of winning. In the end King and Ivory will have the issues addressed and Gators win by 12.

Mount Ida @ Conway Christian - This game is a rematch of last year's quarter final game where Mount Ida narrowly defeated the Eagles 34-28 at home. As it has been stated several times over this is a game being played by two totally different style of offenses. Ida's ground and pound vs C.C.'s air attack. The Lions have attempted 18 passes for 266 yards on the season which is about what Conway Christian averages in a half. Both teams are sporting a 10-2 record with the Eagles having rather lopsided loses against Bauxite and Clinton, who both made it to the 2nd round of the class 3-A playoffs. The Lions lost to conference foes Foreman and Gurdon in road games. Both teams are averaging over 33 ppg. on offense with a slight edge going to the Lions. Mount Ida is allowing just 10 ppg. on defense compared to almost 21 by C.C. Against common opponent Spring Hill both teams won in a Mercy Rule. These two teams have faced each other in the the playoffs the last two years with the Lions coming out the victor. Although most of the stats are in Ida's favor it's hard enough to beat a good team twice. Three times in a row is almost unheard of. Trust me Lions fans it hurts my heart to do this, but I got to go with the Eagles at home by 1. I truly hope I miss this pick.

Ole Man River

Well OMR went 2-2 last week and now there is only 2.  Earle vs Foreman——the Gators by 6.  Mt Ida vs Conway Christian—— the Lions by 2.  OMR OUT

Redzone

Tough games for us and Ida. I think if MI can control time of possession they will squeak by this week but it'll definitely be close.

Wantobe

As always, I enjoy reading your predictions. I personally hope that there are still two 7-2A teams to give predictions on next week, but both are facing teams that have shown that they can win. We will find out Friday.

HorseFeathers

Enjoy the read, just one thing, bauxite is 4a

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 22, 2018, 09:21:39 pm
Enjoy the read, just one thing, bauxite is 4a
He knows that, also Clinton is 3A which he knows that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 23, 2018, 05:45:19 am
He knows that, also Clinton is 3A which he knows that.

🤔🤔 he said both bauxite and Clinton made it to the 2nd round of the 3A playoffs, no they did not. Does he know that too?

HorseFeathers

Wasnt meaning anything just a correction of a trivia fact he included

stuck in between

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 23, 2018, 06:56:06 am
🤔🤔 he said both bauxite and Clinton made it to the 2nd round of the 3A playoffs, no they did not. Does he know that too?

Sorry, pick. Sometimes I let my typing run away from me. I do know that DesArc is playing round ball next week.  ;)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I we are headed straight to football off season.🤕🤕

Wantobe

Are we not going to get a concise and well versed rendition of how the remaining 7-2A teams stand this week? 

dragondad

Quote from: Wantobe on November 29, 2018, 12:47:30 pm
Are we not going to get a concise and well versed rendition of how the remaining 7-2A teams stand this week?

With their hands on their hips....

Wantobe

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 01:15:55 pm
With their hands on their hips....
That's a pretty good one dragon, I actually chuckled. I guess that I left myself open for that.

I know that Stuck will pick JC and Hazen, I'm just interested to see how he articulates it.

stuck in between

Quote from: Wantobe on November 29, 2018, 12:47:30 pm

Been on 12 hour shifts trying to the paper maker back up in running all week. Right now I have my fingers crossed hoping I'll get out of here in time to watch the game Friday. I try to be unbiased in my predictions. In the past I have even been ridiculed by friends for not picking the Gators no matter what. The extended work hours have prohibited me from my normal research on each team, but in my mind I will have to admit both 7-2A teams are indeed the underdog. However I do feel as though both games are winable. Hazen has not stumbled they beat a Gurdon team that beat Mount Ida, so although I am pulling for the Lions I have to give them the nod. Now this is where it gets tricky. The Gators have not played well at all in the post season. If that was all I had to base a prediction on I would have to say JC, but I happened to be in the stands when they pretty much manhandled Mount Ida. I said that night that there was not a 2-A team in the state they could not beat if they played like that. Call it being a homer, a biased opinion, or believing in the power of positive thinking, but I think Foreman puts all the pieces together tomorrow night. I'm not getting into the whole who is the best defensive coach thing, but Ivory proved last year in the championship game how good of a coach he was when he put together a plan that held Ida at bay. I believe we will see something similar to that. Just a gut feeling. Something similar to the one I had last December when I failed to make a prediction in our last game. As always, good luck to all four teams. May there be no injuries  and safe travels.

Wantobe

As always, I enjoy reading your predictions. They usually have some sort of rationale for your choices. Maybe you'll get off work in time to make the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas