• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 Mount Ida vs. Foreman

Started by IdaLions, October 05, 2018, 10:18:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

couch-coach06

Redzone

Heck of a game! Gators up 21-7 at half

HORNET-MAN

Wow thought this would have been Closer.

couch-coach06

I don't Wana play them again .... Like we got the chance too last year

HORNET-MAN

Redzone

IdaLions

As the kids would say, "we got clapped". Great game by Foreman, Mount Ida got wrecked all night. Y'all deserve this one.

couch-coach06

I had too listen on the radio but sounded like batey showed up in a big way

GatorBall

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 12, 2018, 09:35:17 pm

DEFENSE SHOWED UP!!!

Partsman

Redzone

Very proud of all the guys. They played their heart out!

stuck in between

Foreman's D-line was very impressive. Batey did what Batey does. Chase Boyd did a fantastic job at full back which allowed for Batey to have running room around the end. Just an all around good game for the Gators. Good luck to you Ida fans and safe travels headed home. Hope both teams can go undefeated throughout the rest their games and we can have another 7-2A championship game.

Hasbeen92

Forman for is for real little sceptical after smackover game but NT now

Eslim03

Foreman really looked solid tonight. Proud of the gators. Good luck to the lions the rest of the year.

M.I. D

Foreman played a great game! Well deserved win. Congratulations and maybe we will meet again!

dawgpound

Told y'all foreman by 21 ida can't stop that style offense when you have a fast qb I've seen it before

Partsman

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 12, 2018, 09:35:17 pm
They had a real Redneck on the radio.

couch-coach06

Partsman

Mt. Ida gets to give us a heads up on Gurdon before we have to play them.

OLionSwag74

Respect to Foreman, lined up and kicked our tails. Good game guys! Always fun playing y'all. We'll see eachother again!

Partsman

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 13, 2018, 09:07:50 am
Respect to Foreman, lined up and kicked our tails. Good game guys! Always fun playing y'all. We'll see eachother again!
Was a good game on both sides. The stars lined up for our defense at the best possible time. Hopefully we will meet again this year.

Redzone

Sure would be cool to meet back in Little Rock again

Wantobe

Much respect to Coach White and the Lions. They are a very good team and will do great things this year. Looked like a few Gators got bunged up, hopefully they'll be back next week at Mineral. Those Gators were impressive and it was good weather to watch it.

godgiven999

I'm not a fan of a Defensive lineman standing up the entire game. They get drove off the line of scrimmage. Not sure of the reasoning behind that?

Eslim03

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 16, 2018, 08:05:06 pm
I'm not a fan of a Defensive lineman standing up the entire game. They get drove off the line of scrimmage. Not sure of the reasoning behind that?

Ok I'll bite what does this mean?

Redzone

He's talking about the Ida lineman never getting down in a three point stance against us. And I agree it didn't help them much.

godgiven999

Mt Ida Devensive scheme stands all 11 defenders up. When you play a team like Foreman that runs the flex option with alot of FB dives, the Dline is pushed back minimum of 3 yards just because they are standing up. I'm assuming that's suppose to be to cause confusion to a offense but it's hard to control the LOS standing up.
[q3quote author=Eslim03 link=topic=157141.msg3634127#msg3634127 date=1539739784]

[/quote]

IdaLions

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 16, 2018, 08:39:12 pm
Mt Ida Devensive scheme stands all 11 defenders up. When you play a team like Foreman that runs the flex option with alot of FB dives, the Dline is pushed back minimum of 3 yards just because they are standing up. I'm assuming that's suppose to be to cause confusion to a offense but it's hard to control the LOS standing up.
[q3quote author=Eslim03 link=topic=157141.msg3634127#msg3634127 date=1539739784]

If I think I know what you're talking about, I think he might of had a "bad attitude". Maybe didn't like getting double teamed all night. But man I don't really know, maybe it was a game plan or something😂 in 2016-2018 we had our nose guard in a athletic stance when we played triple option teams and not a 3 point stance, because he was stout enough to flow to whichever side the ball was going. But you can never know what goes on in there heads.

Lionsquatch

The idea of the 3 lineman standing is that the 2 ends on the outside are being read for the triple option so they will not be blocked, the Oline are going straight to the linebackers so being low would not help the D ends with not getting blown off the ball, it helps the ends react to either a sweep outside or crashing down on the fullback to stop the dive.  As for the nose, standing up helps to see which way the QB opens to which would give away the direction the play is going, provided it is not a reverse or jet sweep, so this helps the nose go ahead and flow to the play side.  The problem with the nose during that game was that he was a little too high up and needed a lower stance even though he was standing and also he was a little too close to the center so he was getting caught up too quickly before being able to do his job.  I hope this helps clear up any questions.  If you have any more shoot them at me!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas