• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 8-2A

Started by SOUTHARK99, May 25, 2018, 04:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the 2nd place team behind JC

PC
Hampton
Bearden
Fordyce

old.dole

I believe it was Gabe rucks that's the startling back at Fairview

SOUTHARK99

Yes that's what he said. His brother's name is Patrick they said he is a good ball player also.

Southark

Before all the trashing of Hampton starts... These are 2 guys that used to go to Hampton. They were part of that undefeated jr high team a few years back.

The_Wesson_Blessin

Right...and surely they're just deciding to come back on their own. Probably more exposure at Hampton than CF.

Southark

Look man idk the story of why they are coming back just wanted people to know that...

old.dole

I hope they are truly making a bonafide move back. From the people I have talked to these are 2 good young men so they don't need to be screwed over by the adults involved

Lions84

It going to be a Slobber Knocker!

MT Legend

They are from Hampton and they coming back home to play ball for the hometown school.Whats the problem? Maybe they don't like their current situation and when in life we don't like where we at where do we always go? "Back home is correct"

The_Wesson_Blessin

You're absolutely right, and if it was anywhere else there probably wouldn't be any flags raised....but once you've opened that door, it's hard to close it. So regardless of bonafide or not, no ones buying it from Hampton.  ::)

MT Legend

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on July 07, 2018, 11:21:15 am
You're absolutely right, and if it was anywhere else there probably wouldn't be any flags raised....but once you've opened that door, it's hard to close it. So regardless of bonafide or not, no ones buying it from Hampton.  ::)
im sure you are referring to the Monta Thomas situation. He was in a town that could barely field a football team. He was not going to win in that situation so he did what was best for his career and moved to Hampton. So I guess no one on this site has ever done that? Lol give me a break we all take the better opportunity's in life.

HG Hornet

One thing that I know for a fact is that a lot of these kids know and interact with each other.  CF kids and CHG kids are always trying the "come play with us" thing, but it rarely happens.  Several CHG kids tried for years to get Tyler Berry to leave Bearden and last year just about this time of summer, there was some talk between some Hornets and Tyrek Rucks from Smackover.  He chose El Dorado and Berry chose to stay with the Bears.  To my knowledge, the actual coaches of these schools never got involved......it was all the kids wanting to add good players and help their team win. 

We had a good team last year, but if Tyler Berry and Tyrek Rucks had moved in we might have reached the pinnacle. 

MT Legend

Of course coaches know lol they probably the ones orchestrating it.

HG Hornet

Maybe in some instances, but what I'm talking about is kids trying to get their friends to move in with Grandma or Uncle Joe so they can play together. 

MT Legend

Quote from: CHG Hornet on July 07, 2018, 01:09:59 pm
Maybe in some instances, but what I'm talking about is kids trying to get their friends to move in with Grandma or Uncle Joe so they can play together.
the coaches are at grandmas and uncle joes house to help them move in when they arrive lol. People only remember winners so what coach that wins is not cutting Conners to do so? They all do it. That's just part of it. You want to win cheat. Is it right? Nope. Do they care about right and wrong or winning? Can't do both. Pick one.

HG Hornet

Berry and Rucks never came to CHG, but one CF kid did, and tried to enroll, but was deemed ineligible and was told he wouldn't be able to play so he went back to CF and played there.  Must have gone to summer school or took some online classes.  CHG did what they did with their players.  All I was saying is the kids know each other and tried to get their friends to come play with them; our coaches never had anything to do with those conversations.  Other schools may be different, though.

MT Legend

Quote from: CHG Hornet on July 07, 2018, 01:37:01 pm
Berry and Rucks never came to CHG, but one CF kid did, and tried to enroll, but was deemed ineligible and was told he wouldn't be able to play so he went back to CF and played there.  Must have gone to summer school or took some online classes.  CHG did what they did with their players.  All I was saying is the kids know each other and tried to get their friends to come play with them; our coaches never had anything to do with those conversations.  Other schools may be different, though.
and the fact CHG played by the rules is the difference in you getting destroyed by Mount Ida and you hanging a banner in your gym. Cuddos to CHG for picking the right way to do things.

HG Hornet

July 07, 2018, 02:18:48 pm #66 Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:24:24 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: MT Legend on July 07, 2018, 01:42:51 pm
CHG getting destroyed by Mount Ida
What game did you watch?  "Destroyed" makes me think of a score like 61-6 or 56-22.  Not taking anything away from Mt. Ida, but a 7 point game gets pushed to a 13 point game late in the 4th quarter.......two years in a row......is not exactly our boys getting destroyed.  I choose to use "defeated by Mt. Ida" when the subject comes up, but yes they did beat us in the final four two years in a row. 

Did they cost us a championship banner???  I wouldn't exactly say that, although CHG vs Hampton in 2016 and CHG vs Foreman in 2017 would have been good matchups for us.  Speed on the outside is what we were fairly good at stopping.  Mt. Ida's pounding up the middle was exactly what we weren't good at stopping.  I wish I knew how many 4th downs we forced them into in those two games, but unfortunately for us Ida converted most of them into 1st downs and the rest is history.

Destroyed?  Nope.

MT Legend

I didn't see the game. I just heard Mt Ida had its way with CHG. The game never was in any real jeopardy for them. They never felt as if they were going to lose. I see what you did with your scores there 61-6 and 56-22 that was a clever move unfortunately I'm not one who really cares about outcomes since I don't have a hand in the outcome. My school lost is what I see. If it's by 50 are if it's by 5 a loss is a loss.

HG Hornet

Mt. Ida did not "have their way" with us.  We played them a good game, both years, and missed out on a couple of scoring opportunities in both games that would have made the games closer at the end.  My son says "it is what it is" and that's about the only way for us Hornet fans to look at it.  Mt. Ida outscored us both games and went on to War Memorial Stadium.

We're not in the 2A anymore and Mt. Ida isn't in the 2A-8 so I'm out on this.  I'll let the others go back and forth about the 2A-8.  Personally, I'm hoping Garrett McWhorter, Cohen Word, and the rest of the Bearden Bears take it this year since there's no way for us to repeat and defend last year's 2A-8 championship.  We do open with JC, Bearden, and Fordyce this year so we do have a chance to play 3 of the 4 better teams in the 8.

Backwoods Bart

Big team camp in Rison on Tuesday. Looking forward to some updates from that.

J.C., Rison, Star City PC,  Bearden & HG. May be more

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 16, 2018, 12:57:52 pm

There's some talented teams there.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 16, 2018, 12:57:52 pm

Any updates yet?

Rida4Life

Rumor is Hampton may be in some trouble with the AAA..... any word?

stuck in between

Quote from: Rida4Life on July 25, 2018, 10:05:43 am
Rumor is Hampton may be in some trouble with the AAA..... any word?

After escaping recruiting violations in 2016 I believe Hampton is like the Clintons, nothing is gonna stick to them. I'm sure they will dodge any allegations of wrong doings. You know, the more I think about it the more they have in common. When Hillary lost it was the Russian's fault and when Hampton lost it was the ref's fault. Alright, I took my turn stirring the pot. Whose next.  ;D

old.dole

July 25, 2018, 12:52:20 pm #74 Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:50:34 pm by old.dole
I've heard rumors but I'll wait to see what happens before I say what all it includes. Also heard of possibilities for this upcoming season. They better be careful. Schools around Hampton are keeping a close eye on them for sure. Better dot all those i's And cross all those t's Over in Calhoun county

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on July 25, 2018, 12:52:20 pm
I've heard rumors but I'll wait to see what happens before I what all it includes. Also heard of possibilities for this upcoming season. They better be careful. Schools around Hampton are keeping a close eye on them for sure. Better for all those i's And cross all those t's Over in Calhoun county
BOOM CHICKA BOOM

Southark

From what I have heard the 2 kids from cf are not coming

HG Hornet

July 25, 2018, 07:04:52 pm #77 Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:24:30 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: Southark on July 25, 2018, 05:36:50 pm
From what I have heard the 2 kids from cf are not coming
Guess it just wasn't in the cards.  :)

CF got a former Hornet with sticky fingers in June.  Kid was caught stealing during the Spring and was dismissed from the team......the CHG coaches laid all their cards on the table.  :)

You guys did get those puns, right?

SOUTHARK99

I have to drive down to El dorado today. I'll stop by the Bulldog Drive-In and find out all the latest scoop.

SOUTHARK99

Well I ask around and my best guess is some other team (maybe Bearden) has turned them in for trying to recruit a player. What is the punishment for something like this?

SOUTHARK99

Oh and the kids from Camden the Rucks boys. I think their mother wanted to much in return for them to move. They tried hard to get her to make the move. Even found her a house paid for by the bulldog boosters. I know this for a fact.

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on July 26, 2018, 07:53:51 pm
Oh and the kids from Camden the Rucks boys. I think their mother wanted to much in return for them to move. They tried hard to get her to make the move. Even found her a house paid for by the bulldog boosters. I know this for a fact.
BOOM CHICKA BOOM

old.dole

Last I had heard is one of the schools in the conference turned Hampton in on accident. Kid came wanted to play and explained his situation and when the school called and explained said situation to aaa to see if he would be eligible this season it made Hampton look as if they played an ineligible last season. Never heard them mention what school it involved though

bigworm

Heck, everybody in the state knows hampton provides free housing for move in football players. As long as theyre good enough anyway. AAA drops the ball everytime. Dont expect anything to change. And even when they do find fault 2 or 3 years after tye fact, it doesnt change anything. Cheaters gonna cheat and get away with it in arkansas.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bigworm on July 26, 2018, 09:21:08 pm
Heck, everybody in the state knows hampton provides free housing for move in football players. As long as theyre good enough anyway. AAA drops the ball everytime. Dont expect anything to change. And even when they do find fault 2 or 3 years after tye fact, it doesnt change anything. Cheaters gonna cheat and get away with it in arkansas.
BOOM CHICKA BOOM CHICKA BOOM BOOM BOOM

SOUTHARK99

So what is the penalty if found guilty? 

YOUKNOWWHO

Quote from: bigworm on July 26, 2018, 09:21:08 pm
Heck, everybody in the state knows Hampton provides free housing for move in football players. As long as theyre good enough anyway. AAA drops the ball everytime. Dont expect anything to change. And even when they do find fault 2 or 3 years after tye fact, it doesnt change anything. Cheaters gonna cheat and get away with it in arkansas.

worm don't start just because Hampton put England out in the semis 2 years ago don't mean they are cheaters. If it has not been proved that what y'all are saying is true then its just speculation and its time to more on. If Hampton is found guilty this go around they you may have a case but until then you have no case.

now with that out of the way if Hampton is found guilty then they should be forced to forfeit all of their games form last year. I myself hope its ture and they dont get to play a down this year. (the kids that are not suspose to be playing) Ables needs to learn to have some respect for that town and those players. he is making Hampton the laughing stock of the state.

sickwillie

boo Hoo hoo to all those who are sore that pitiful old Hampton has opened up cans of whoop butt on them for the last 2 years! Can't stand it that Thomas didn't come to their place instead.
Some of you dudes hiding behind screen names acting like you are outsiders whose next door neighbor is the coach! U know who you are! Spilling stuff about AAA. You got no clue. Playing ineligible players is nothing new to some of you boys.

Don't here rison or jc whining. Just Bearden hg and pc. Throw in England who can't get over the spanking they got and just a bunch of sore losers

So get back to your back yard block party and get some more info to plaster on here about what you heard. Never know when old Willie might here something to

old.dole

Where is the back yard block party at? Old dole has been known to cut a little rug

HG Hornet

Quote from: sickwillie on July 27, 2018, 09:29:53 pm
boo Hoo hoo to all those who are sore that pitiful old Hampton has opened up cans of whoop butt on them for the last 2 years!  Don’t here rison or jc whining. Just Bearden hg and pc.

Don't bring CHG into your list of whiners.  Go back and reread what I posted.  No whining.  Hornets blew a 14 point lead in '16 to the Dawgs, but you guys needed that win for your coach who had passed away that week.  No Hornets made excuses for blowing the lead.  They used it as motivation for '17 when they knew they would have to earn a hard fought win in Hampton......and they earned it 53-14 and quieted the boom cannon by the end of the first quarter.  BOOM CHICKA BOOM

bleudog

July 28, 2018, 04:28:32 pm #90 Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:05:47 pm by bleudog
Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on July 27, 2018, 02:14:09 pm
So what is the penalty if found guilty? 

Castration.  :o

old.dole

A hey don't do that it's not nice

MT Legend

Quote from: YOUKNOWWHO on July 27, 2018, 03:10:10 pm

worm don't start just because Hampton put England out in the semis 2 years ago don't mean they are cheaters. If it has not been proved that what y'all are saying is true then its just speculation and its time to more on. If Hampton is found guilty this go around they you may have a case but until then you have no case.

now with that out of the way if Hampton is found guilty then they should be forced to forfeit all of their games form last year. I myself hope its ture and they dont get to play a down this year. (the kids that are not suspose to be playing) Ables needs to learn to have some respect for that town and those players. he is making Hampton the laughing stock of the state.

Wesley ain't doing anything no one else is.He is just not good at keeping it in house is all.Every coach that has ever been successful has cut a coner or two.Monta Thomas situation bettered his life he was so far behind in school when he got to Hampton it was almost sad.Monta is now playing at a Jr college in Kansas. With interest from wake Forest and Duke.So you will here the name somewhere next season on Saturdays.If you want to call that Wesley messing up his life that's fine,I call that giving a young man and opportunity to have a life and further his playing career.

BOOM CHICA BOOM

dawgpound

Who is this said ineligible player from last year?  i haven't heard anything about this investigation. But it doesn't surprise me at all y'all just can't seem to get Hampton out of your mouth

old.dole

Was never told this kids name and wouldn't say his name even if I did. Was told he started on defense all year. Idk if he played anybon offense

sickwillie

Oh boy!! Not gonna divulge a name! That's a high character move! Just come on here spouting off about schools cheating and Hampton should be crossing Ts and dotting I. You don't know squat about nothing and believe this.... Dogs will do some T crossing when the time comes. Willie gonna guarantee that

old.dole

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha. Rock right on then. Just reporting what I hear. Never said it was a fact. If it ain't true it ain't true. If I have no character for bringing up something I heard for the masses to talk about on a forum then so be it. Still not going to throw a kids name out when I don't know if what I heard was true or not. I would still blame the adults in the situation and not the kid.

sickwillie

If you don't know something to be true then you shouldn't be telling it. That's the point.

old.dole

If I hear something football related I'm going to bring it to this board to have it proven or disproven. From the second and third hand info I've gathered the kid was ineligible. Maybe Hampton had all their i's dotted and t's crossed. If you could provide some insight to the matter that would be great if not then move along. I also heard the Martinez brothers moved anyone care to verify that or should I not bring that up since idk it to be fact?

dawgpound

Idk if they moved or not they aren't on the team anymore

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas