• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Godfather: 2,000 Wins

Started by BasketballNeverStops, January 17, 2018, 07:26:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

With last night's 88-75 victory over Sacred Heart, John "The Godfather" Hutchcraft eclipsed 2,000 wins on his illustrious career. The man with 10 rings (12 if you count softball) now stands at 2,000-572 overall (78% winning percentage). Congrats to this legend on another milestone achievement.

4real

Whether you're a former move-in that loves him, or a G-P lifer who lost a spot to a move-in that hates him, that is a lot of W's.  Pretty amazing.

thebigman3

Yes sir! Now time for Sack and Backboard to hate on something that GFWS didn't do and wont ever do.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 17, 2018, 08:58:03 am
Yes sir! Now time for Sack and Backboard to hate on something that GFWS didn't do and wont ever do.
Congrats we have won championships in boys and girls you must be talking about that softball championship seriously congrats on that lol stand down bigboy3

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 17, 2018, 09:18:44 am
Congrats we have won championships in boys and girls you must be talking about that softball championship seriously congrats on that lol stand down bigboy3
I was talking about 2000 wins lol. Because you guys are always dogging that coach of yalls.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 17, 2018, 09:26:29 am
I was talking about 2000 wins lol. Because you guys are always dogging that coach of yalls.
Our school has 2000 wins.  And you have never seen me get on our coaches I like them both.  I think they have both done well with what they have had.  Didn't we beat Guay last year?! Or was it 2 years ago

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 17, 2018, 09:38:50 am
Our school has 2000 wins.  And you have never seen me get on our coaches I like them both.  I think they have both done well with what they have had.  Didn't we beat Guay last year?! Or was it 2 years ago
last year.

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 17, 2018, 09:38:50 am
That's right, it is the other eagle posters that don't like them.. especially the girls coach. But yeah, y'all did. Then we blew you guys out in the first round of regional and then a few weeks later put a ring on our finger. So in the end who cares lol

Backboard Shattered

Sounds like you remember blowing pretty easily!  I couldn't remember if we beat y'all or not last year!  Carry on

Backboard Shattered

BannerMountainMan

Well that's how it usually goes. Got a bunch of new players that don't know each other and by the end of the season they gel together. Besides that 2016 team, they were better than everybody by a long shot but blew it against Bay in the semis.

JimmyChitwood

Hutch is a genius! All-time great. I heard a story once that in a girls game, the opponent tried to stall. So Hutch calls one of his girls over towards the bench. Then he ends up bringing all 5 girls over. They play patty-cake while sitting on the floor! The other team goes in and makes a layup. Guy goes down and makes a 2. The opponent tries to stall again. Hutch brings his team over to play patty-cake. They do it all over one more time before the embarresment is too much for the opposing coach and he calls off the stall. Genius!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 17, 2018, 12:06:47 pm
Hutch is a genius! All-time great. I heard a story once that in a girls game, the opponent tried to stall. So Hutch calls one of his girls over towards the bench. Then he ends up bringing all 5 girls over. They play patty-cake while sitting on the floor! The other team goes in and makes a layup. Guy goes down and makes a 2. The opponent tries to stall again. Hutch brings his team over to play patty-cake. They do it all over one more time before the embarresment is too much for the opposing coach and he calls off the stall. Genius!
that is funny! 

JimmyChitwood

Not to mention he has the guts to place a guy on the offensive end while playing defense with 4. Genius! Score more points than the other team!

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 17, 2018, 12:45:31 pm
Not to mention he has the guts to place a guy on the offensive end while playing defense with 4. Genius! Score more points than the other team!
But if you notice when the other team shoots none of them rebound they are all worried about the man that's back and go back, and if they aren't worried Guy throws it long. So yeah, pretty smart.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 17, 2018, 12:53:02 pm
But if you notice when the other team shoots none of them rebound they are all worried about the man that's back and go back, and if they aren't worried Guy throws it long. So yeah, pretty smart.
I have never understood why no one tries to do the same things Hutch does! I guess they are scared to try something like that. He has guts and I like that.

Backboard Shattered

I really don't know why they don't try the other high Seed coaching things either!  I mean they even win state championships when they are all local players

Fleaflicker

Hutch has the cods to do, he's a proven winner and knows his job at NO time is in jeopardy. Not very many coaches would try it simply because if they failed the administration and fan base would likely turn on them quickly and call for their replacement.  I'm not even a GP fan but his tactics are genius when they work and pretty dang comical if they don't (rare). His philosophy is give up a layup as long as we can get a 3 or turn you over and get a run started. Guess you could call him the analytical coach who obviously has 1A basketball figured out. Plus the kids have fun playing his style of ball and when that happens look out cause they can put a long wheel base 10 on the scoreboard with ease

Moonshiner

Just curious what gets counted in that number, 2000?  Is that all wins?  Peewee games, 7th grade games, softball games, Jr. High boys and girls, JV games....?
Or is it just Varsity boys and Varsity girls basketball?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 21, 2018, 08:48:49 am
Just curious what gets counted in that number, 2000?  Is that all wins?  Peewee games, 7th grade games, softball games, Jr. High boys and girls, JV games....?
Or is it just Varsity boys and Varsity girls basketball?

Varsity boys and girls

They were talking about it on LR radio the other day

The Marsupial

HorseFeathers

The Marsupial

It the story I heard about the Guy player on here really true?

Rallyround

Absolutely NOT and the people posting things without facts should be ashamed of themselves to post such crap about anyone ESPECIALLY A KID

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: The Marsupial on January 21, 2018, 12:25:57 pm
It the story I heard about the Guy player on here really true?
what story? Did i miss it?

riccoar

Don't remember what thread it was in.  If it was about their recruit for this season and his troubles, I think it was censored.

The Marsupial

Ok good. I was fixing to say. That's a little unusual for a coach to act that way. But yes, 100% uncalled for.

thebigman3

Guy will be on Channel 7 news tonight

BannerMountainMan

game_day

I would imagine for the 2000th milestone

riccoar

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 22, 2018, 02:19:38 pm
Guy will be on Channel 7 news tonight
Heard Mayflower Moving was gifting Guy Perkins a truck in Hutch's honor. 

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 22, 2018, 02:28:41 pm
about Tipton?
Maybe Hutch tying a new vehicle since his was rumored to be stolen

thebigman3

2000th win and just basketball in general.

thebigman3

Good lil story Steve Sullivan put on for ole Hutch tonight!!

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 22, 2018, 10:33:01 pm
Good lil story Steve Sullivan put on for ole Hutch tonight!!
Yeah I watched it! They got about half of it right! Left out the shady stuff though!

riccoar

Quote from: SackAttack on January 22, 2018, 10:48:44 pm
Yeah I watched it! They got about half of it right! Left out the shady stuff though!
It is sad, but all of it rest on the shoulders of the AAA.  They simply don't care enough to do anything about it.  So coaches utilize any chance the opportunity presents itself.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: SackAttack on January 22, 2018, 10:48:44 pm
Im waiting for it to come out on DVD.  Diff they bring up the car theft at all?

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 23, 2018, 07:55:33 am
No it got left out and the punching the hole in the wall too

gilesman2333

Hutch is one of the best coaches to ever coach in my opinion even if they get the move ins. Any thoughts on whats going to happen after he retires? the next coach will have some huge shoes to fill

The Marsupial

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 23, 2018, 07:55:33 am
did that played really try to steal the car? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard

riccoar

Quote from: gilesman2333 on January 23, 2018, 01:53:51 pm
Hutch is one of the best coaches to ever coach in my opinion even if he gets the recruits. Any thoughts on whats going to happen after he retires? the next coach will have some huge shoes to fill
FIFY.  On your second part, I'd say that depends on whether Guy becomes a strictly home grown team.

Rallyround

January 23, 2018, 09:45:52 pm #41 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:25:22 pm by Rallyround
Call Hutchcraft and ask...BET there's no truth to these rumors.......dang jealousy

elgaeyddad

For shure. The coach was reportededly caught slapping him on his hair behind. Hushcrafts was jumping up in to the air and when he came down he would slap this kid on the rear end. And then...... he would slap his own selve on the fore head. Like really hard. And then repeat the same prosess. Really and truely unbeleaveable.

HorseFeathers

The car stealing is a part of the made up world the 83 crew lives in

riccoar

Quote from: Rallyround on January 23, 2018, 09:45:52 pm
Call Hutchcraft and ask...BET there's no truth to these rumors.......dang jealousy
About move-ins?  Those are not rumors.  Whats truly miraculous about every single one of his move-ins is that they never seem to be subs that ride the pine.  Coincidence?

The Marsupial

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 24, 2018, 05:00:38 am
The car stealing is a part of the made up world the 83 crew lives in
Starting to realize there are a couple guys/gals on here way out in left field.

allprosports101

Quote from: riccoar on January 24, 2018, 07:37:06 am
About move-ins?  Those are not rumors.  Whats truly miraculous about every single one of his move-ins is that they never seem to be subs that ride the pine.  Coincidence?
im pretty sure last year they had a move in that didn't play much at all i think his number was 30

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: allprosports101 on January 24, 2018, 09:26:58 am
im pretty sure last year they had a move in that didn't play much at all i think his number was 30
he was 6th man but never hardly played, they would have been nothing last year without their move ins

thebigman3

Quote from: The Marsupial on January 24, 2018, 08:16:42 am
Starting to realize there are a couple guys/gals on here way out in left field.
Mainly just those associated with Greers Ferry, and now the Shirley doesn't have a team this year they seem to be in the same directions. 

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 24, 2018, 09:28:49 am
he was 6th man but never hardly played, they would have been nothing last year without their move ins
What move ins did they have last year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas