• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Equal coverage for softball

Started by BLUEBLOOD, May 25, 2017, 07:43:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBLOOD

It's 2017!!!  Surely a sponsor would have stepped up to broadcast all the state softball finals. All the baseball games were on tv and that's great but it seems very unfair to the girls who work just as hard to get there. Fearless Friday was very involved so I feel like someone can give us as much info on this as they want to share.

WHITEchicken

It might be unfair but it's all about the money. Someone had to pay for that tv time. Less people embolden with softball means less connections. Give it 10 more years and the alumni base for softball will only get stronger.

Ole Man River

I understand they want to show games live.  In football and basketball they show every games.  Basketball is alternated between girls and boys game because they are played at the same place.  Baseball and softball are played at the same time, and I know it's hard to do that.  But one could be taped delayed and then everyone would be happy.  Just my two cents

Joe Softball

Who (what station) is airing these games?

With the capabilities of modern technology, there's no reason not to live-stream all the games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Joe Softball on May 26, 2017, 08:23:17 am
Who (what station) is airing these games?

With the capabilities of modern technology, there's no reason not to live-stream all the games.

We're they both live streamed on the nfhs website just like the football and basketball games

Ole Man River

KASN Channel 38 did baseball and both 38 and KARZ Channel 42 out of Little Rock did the football and basketball

Gray lizard

I am just glad they do football and basketball.  I don't think baseball and softball would have enough viewers to justify a state wide broadcast.  I don't think Texas even does that for baseball or softball.

Brian G

Maybe the swimming finals will be on soon.

WHITEchicken

Yeah equal is not always fair for everyone. Would it be fair for a sponsor to pay and get no business from the broadcast?

HorseFeathers

BLUEBLOOD

softballdad#26

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 05, 2017, 04:42:07 pm
I am just glad they do football and basketball.  I don't think baseball and softball would have enough viewers to justify a state wide broadcast.  I don't think Texas even does that for baseball or softball.

LOL, because high school football is SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER TO WATCH, than softball, NOT!!! Anyone who believes this obviously has never watched a good softball game. High school football in my eyes already gets enough exposure in this area, why not give the girls the attention they deserve. As a whole they work harder both physically, and academically. I've personally seen video of girls sprinting with a 295 lbs sled attached to them, and girls dead lifting 290 lbs. Not for any other reason than to make them a better SOFTBALL player.

WHITEchicken

Wow softball dad. I am assuming you don't have a son and spend a lot of time around softball. Saying that the girls work harder is not very accurate. You have slackers in all sports and you have people who work hard. Not saying anything about your girls but pump the brakes when comparing work loads.

softballdad#26

June 07, 2017, 12:58:49 pm #13 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:01:29 pm by softballdad#26
Quote from: WHITEchicken on June 07, 2017, 12:07:36 pm
Wow softball dad. I am assuming you don't have a son and spend a lot of time around softball. Saying that the girls work harder is not very accurate. You have slackers in all sports and you have people who work hard. Not saying anything about your girls but pump the brakes when comparing work loads.

Hey whitechicken you know what assuming does right.

I have 4 sons and 4 daughters, All I am saying is the majority of time boys are naturally more athletic than girls, it comes more natural to them. My high school kids do not attend football games to watch the "thrilling action or the talent." It is a social gathering for kids and parents,school spirit and that is great. I have heard many coaches talk about the Revenue Football Concessions generate. The title of the thread was "equal coverage for softball". It sad that whether or not a kids hard work should be televised is based on how much money it will generate. Some of those kids played the last game they will ever play. The vast majority of them have play and worked there whole lives to get to level they are at, and a sponsor wont televise it because it doesn't generate revenue. LOL I call B.S.

Brian G

Girls play girls though.

I love softball but you can't make a sponsor sponsor.

WHITEchicken

It sucks that a sponsor will not fork over the cash for the games to be televised I will agree.

Gray lizard

SBdad
I enjoy girls softball.  And the school my son attends even won the State Championship. But many of the games are played at times hard for a lot of fans to attend.  I really wanted to take my son to see his school compete for a State title.  The game was on a Friday at 5 pm 2 1/2 hours away.  I did go see most of the same girls play in a championship game in basketball.  Game was at I time I could go on a Saturday.
I also do not think your comment the girls work harder is fair.  You have some kids that will work and some that will not.   It is not a boy or girl thing. I know my son works very hard year around to get better.  I just took him to a full contact football camp in Texas last week.  He is going into the 8th grade and 114 lbs.  He was put with the older boys. Boys 14 to going into the 12th grade.  He learned a lot from the 4 day camp.  Most important thing was how to get up and keep going.  He proved to me how tough he is as he plays running back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas