• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverside

Started by Dirty dawg, July 10, 2016, 07:32:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty dawg

How do yall think Riverside will do in 3A next year?

2aball

They aren't losing anything from last years team. Had 1 senior, who was out most of the season with an ACL. They will be competing for a conference championship. I think they were better last year than the Rivercrest team that won their conference. It should come down to Riverside, Rivercrest and Manila. I figure they will make it to state. They've got 2 very good pitchers and a couple others that aren't bad. They can hit almost all the way through the lineup.

birddawg1986

They should be really good. I think they have 8 starters coming back ? Moving up to 3A isnt a big jump. I imagine they  will still be competing with JC & WR like they did in 2A.

Head Lion

A little bigger jump than you think, better look out for Harding Academy, Mayflower, Smackover & Charleston.

Head Lion

& Genoa Central has won just a few titles.

jr17

Easiest conference in 3A. But come state tournament time it won't be pretty.

Head Lion

Quote from: jr17 on July 12, 2016, 12:32:09 pm
Easiest conference in 3A. But come state tournament time it won't be pretty.
Hold on 1A-East by far the weakest, conference will upgrade with Riverside & Walnut Ridge. 3A at state level a totally different monkey than 2A.

jr17

Head Lion

WPWells

Quote from: Head Lion on July 12, 2016, 12:25:43 pm
A little bigger jump than you think, better look out for Harding Academy, Mayflower, Smackover & Charleston.

I almost quoted this and reminded you to include Lavaca, but then I remembered the Arrows dropped

Wonderdog

Quote from: Head Lion on July 12, 2016, 12:25:43 pm
Fordyce, and Horatio are quality opponents as well in the 3A post season. Top 5-10 teams are usually very good ball clubs.

Head Lion

Quote from: Wonderdog on July 13, 2016, 12:13:57 am
Fordyce, and Horatio are quality opponents as well in the 3A post season. Top 5-10 teams are usually very good ball clubs.
very true

jr17

Fordyce will be down this year.

Wonderdog

Quote from: jr17 on July 13, 2016, 11:30:09 am
Fordyce will be down this year.
I hope you are wrong. I have personally watched them fall twice in the finals. Didn't they make it there 3 consecutive years? I just hate to see a team get that close so many times and never pull out a win.

2aball

Quote from: Head Lion on July 12, 2016, 12:54:36 pm
Hold on 1A-East by far the weakest, conference will upgrade with Riverside & Walnut Ridge. 3A at state level a totally different monkey than 2A.

Maybe top to bottom, but the past few years the 2A state tournament has been very tough. A lot of the teams could compete and/or beat the top 3A teams. Junction, Woodlawn, Ouchita, WR, Riverside. The 2A state tournament gets a lot easier next year by removing those teams.

Head Lion

July 13, 2016, 06:31:37 pm #15 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:34:51 pm by Head Lion
Quote from: 2aball on July 13, 2016, 05:34:44 pm
Maybe top to bottom, but the past few years the 2A state tournament has been very tough. A lot of the teams could compete and/or beat the top 3A teams. Junction, Woodlawn, Ouchita, WR, Riverside. The 2A state tournament gets a lot easier next year by removing those teams.
First Riverside has a good club and a good program. In 3A you will soon release to contend statewide you will have to beat several teams that play football with serious weight programs. The programs I have mentioned above fall into that category. They have 2-3 kids who can bring it and 3-4 in the middle of the lineup that are thick and strong. When you make a mistake, it is not a single over 2nd base somebody is going to fetch it to bring it back. We split with yall this year and have very similar clubs, that are young with good talent. Harding beat us 18-0 and it wasnt that close. I know we will have a good team, but have to make real improvement to contend for a title in 3A. None of the teams you mentioned want anything to do with HA, Mayflower, Charleston, Smackover, Horatio, Fordyce or Genoa Central on a regular basis.

2aball

Quote from: Head Lion on July 13, 2016, 06:31:37 pm
First Riverside has a good club and a good program. In 3A you will soon release to contend statewide you will have to beat several teams that play football with serious weight programs. The programs I have mentioned above fall into that category. They have 2-3 kids who can bring it and 3-4 in the middle of the lineup that are thick and strong. When you make a mistake, it is not a single over 2nd base somebody is going to fetch it to bring it back. We split with yall this year and have very similar clubs, that are young with good talent. Harding beat us 18-0 and it wasnt that close. I know we will have a good team, but have to make real improvement to contend for a title in 3A. None of the teams you mentioned want anything to do with HA, Mayflower, Charleston, Smackover, Horatio, Fordyce or Genoa Central on a regular basis.

I don't have anything to do with Riverside. Just watched a lot of high school baseball teams and know that the 2a has many teams that can compete in 3a. I'm not saying they are going to come in and dominate, but they won't be out of their league either. If you want to talk about teams with a serious weight program, Junction City has the best weight program in the state, out of every classification. Nobody is going to beat them because of a weight program.

jr17

Mayflower beat WR 8-1. Only time I saw them.

Watching the 2A state game, neither of those teams would have beaten Harding, Fordyce, Mayflower, BHG, or Horatio. Woodlawn could've beaten Booneville. That's just my honest opinion.

Wonderdog

Quote from: jr17 on July 14, 2016, 12:15:02 am
Mayflower beat WR 8-1. Only time I saw them.

Watching the 2A state game, neither of those teams would have beaten Harding, Fordyce, Mayflower, BHG, or Horatio. Woodlawn could've beaten Booneville. That's just my honest opinion.
The scary thing about that, Woodlawn started exactly ZERO seniors. They will do well in 1A(i think) next year.

jr17

That's the first thing I thought when I heard they had no seniors. 1A is gonna be rough for everyone else. But that's why this is the greatest game ever. Ya never know!

BoxNOne

Riverside shortstop/pitcher Gavin Stone has verbally committed to sign with the University of Central Arkansas Bears. Stone just completed a very successful summer playing with the Marion Toppers showcase team.

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on August 25, 2016, 08:50:28 pm
Riverside shortstop/pitcher Gavin Stone has verbally committed to sign with the University of Central Arkansas Bears. Stone just completed a very successful summer playing with the Marion Toppers showcase team.
congrats to Gavin, great young man.

jr17

Congratulations, hope I get a chance to see Riverside play this year!

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to Gavin Stone

Oldref

Been watching Gavin play since he was five. Great kid and player. For a long time he was undersized but always managed to be the best player on the field. Best of luck at the next level!!

Dirty dawg

Think any of the other guys will play ball at the next level?

2aball

Quote from: Dirty dawg on October 21, 2016, 10:21:43 pm
Think any of the other guys will play ball at the next level?

Stone will. Frazier possibly.

RedWolf275

Stone officially signed with UCA this past week.

Redbug Loyal

December 06, 2016, 11:32:20 am #28 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:35:35 am by Redbug Loyal
Quote from: Wonderdog on July 13, 2016, 01:52:36 pm
I hope you are wrong. I have personally watched them fall twice in the finals. Didn't they make it there 3 consecutive years? I just hate to see a team get that close so many times and never pull out a win.
Not wrong. Fordyce loses five seniors. 4 of those 5 have started since their freshmen year. The fifth started since his sophomore year. On top of that, they lose their second baseman from last years squad. He is a senior this year. Only returning three starters. Two of those three starters experienced starting for the first time last year.

Dirty dawg

Fraser signed with a Juco near Kansas City a couple weeks ago

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Dirty dawg on January 07, 2017, 10:35:46 pm
Fraser signed with a Juco near Kansas City a couple weeks ago

Congrats to Fraser , great player

jr17

Where did riverside finish last year?

birddawg1986

Think they lost in the quarterfinals

BoxNOne

That is correct. Lost to Junction City 8-6.

2aball

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 13, 2017, 09:47:02 am
That is correct. Lost to Junction City 8-6.

Yep. They played an extremely long game the day before too, I think it was around 12 innings, so being able to bounce back and only lose by 2 to a good Junction team was pretty impressive.

BoxNOne

That game the day before was against PW. Gavin Stone vs Will Nash and neither one of them disappointed. Pretty sure it was 0-0 after 8 innings when they both left the mound.

Dirty dawg

Pretty sure neiter team scored until the 11th

jr17

Who's in the riverside conference?

2aball

Quote from: jr17 on January 17, 2017, 12:15:05 am
Who's in the riverside conference?

Their combined conference is Riverside, Brookland, Harrisburg, Gosnell, Manila, Osceola, Rivercrest, Westside, and Trumann.

They should be very competitive in that conference. I'd say it would come down to them and Manila for the top 3A team out of that combined conference.

Rumpelstiltskin

Fordyce will be down. Smackover will be down. Genoa will be down. BHG will be down.

jackets101

come tournament time people shouldn't look over Clinton. they are coming our of 4a with lots of postseason experience. They lost by 1 in regional finals to 4a state champions and by two in second round of state to a baseball powerhouse Arkadelphia.

Rumpelstiltskin

Can arkadelphia hang with ashdown this year?

BoxNOne

Rebels open their season with a 10-1 win over Corning.

RedWolf275

Nice start to the season for the Rebels!

2aball

In a tie ballgame with Manila right now. Looks like it may end up getting called because of no lights. That's a shame. Tough early season game for both of these teams. They are probably each others biggest competition and they meet the first week of their season.

BoxNOne

Both teams looked rusty swinging the bats as they both had players just finish basketball. However both teams pitching looked pretty good for early season. I figure they'll finish this one when the Rebels go to Manila later.

BoxNOne

Rebels move to 2-0 on the season with a 4-0 win over EPC. Larry Tilley with a 2 run homer for Riverside.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: 2aball on March 09, 2017, 05:54:25 pm
In a tie ballgame with Manila right now. Looks like it may end up getting called because of no lights. That's a shame. Tough early season game for both of these teams. They are probably each others biggest competition and they meet the first week of their season.
Anyone heard about how this game will be finished? Or if it will be finished?

2aball

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on March 11, 2017, 01:41:36 pm
Anyone heard about how this game will be finished? Or if it will be finished?

Pretty sure they will finish it next time they meet up before starting their other game. That's how it usually goes.

birddawg1986

When is Riverside going to break down and buy lights? Just about the only school in NEA with no lights

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas