• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Talk

Started by Eagle076, February 04, 2018, 04:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

leaderofthepack10

I think BIC will win game 1 against Rison but then it gets real complicated for them. They have a very solid team but they didn't hit it very well in Regionals. Conway Christian is obviously the favorite with their record but in baseball at this point pretty much everything is equal.

big E

Quote from: MagicMike on May 08, 2018, 10:53:25 am
No Rison will not win a game in this tournament. I'd be surprised if BIC even throws their #1 in this game.
I was thinking they may use that strategy,  but it would be bad to go home with your ace not on the mound . I don't know anything about Rison other than if a football game breaks out BIC is in trouble.  They made it this far if BIC hits the ball they should be fine.

RedWolf275

BIC doesn't really have a stud on the mound. Several good arms but no dominator.

leaderofthepack10

BIC took a big blow when their first baseman broke his hand last week in Regionals as well. Tough time of the year to insert someone at a key position.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on May 09, 2018, 08:56:18 am
BIC took a big blow when their first baseman broke his hand last week in Regionals as well. Tough time of the year to insert someone at a key position.

It could be worse.  Could be your top 2 pitchers

BossHogs

That's true. Don't worry you're playing Rison. If you don't win in 5 innings then you never belonged in this tournament in the first place.

southarkdaddy

When does the AAA plan on announcing the state championship games

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: BossHogs on May 09, 2018, 09:10:54 am
That's true. Don't worry you're playing Rison. If you don't win in 5 innings then you never belonged in this tournament in the first place.
Don't know where you get that from because I just looked at their schedule and they only lost by 10 runs three times all year and 2 of those were to Woodlawn?

BossHogs

I've seen them play and they are not very good. Probably shouldn't have beaten Mountain Pine but they did so give them credit for that I guess.

bearfan

Quote from: BossHogs on May 09, 2018, 10:11:37 am
I've seen them play and they are not very good. Probably shouldn't have beaten Mountain Pine but they did so give them credit for that I guess.
Baseball is a funny sport, anybody can win on any day.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bearfan on May 09, 2018, 11:14:18 am
Baseball is a funny sport, anybody can win on any day.

It's not that funny.  Rison ain't winning a game in Pangburn

BossHogs

Quote from: southarkdaddy on May 09, 2018, 11:15:47 am
It's not that funny.  Rison ain't winning a game in Pangburn
For once I agree with a PC fan. Rison ain't going to win a game. Glad they're moving to 3A. They ain't going to win in football anymore either. Not that they've won anything since like the early 2000's anyway.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: big E on May 08, 2018, 01:06:44 pm
I was thinking they may use that strategy,  but it would be bad to go home with your ace not on the mound . I don't know anything about Rison other than if a football game breaks out BIC is in trouble.  They made it this far if BIC hits the ball they should be fine.

I could see Gathright  starting with a short leash. If any trouble comes up McFarlin would have to come in. JMO!!

cornernumber10

Picks for final 4?

bearfan

Quote from: cornernumber10 on May 09, 2018, 01:03:41 pm
Picks for final 4?
CCS VS Spring Hill and Parkes Chapel VS Palestine-Wheatley

big E

Quote from: bearfan on May 09, 2018, 01:08:41 pm
CCS VS Spring Hill and Parkes Chapel VS Palestine-Wheatley
This is my guess also,  but don't be surprised if Des Arc slips in past Spring Hill. If the Eagles bats get going they can stroke the baseball.

big E

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on May 09, 2018, 12:39:26 pm
I could see Gathright  starting with a short leash. If any trouble comes up McFarlin would have to come in. JMO!!

Mcfarlin would give them a better chance against Conway Christian , but you gotta get to then first. Is Gathright the kid that started against PW last Saturday?

Mustangfans

Quote from: big E on May 09, 2018, 02:27:33 pm
Mcfarlin would give them a better chance against Conway Christian , but you gotta get to then first. Is Gathright the kid that started against PW last Saturday?
No, the starting pitchers name was Towery.

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: big E on May 09, 2018, 02:27:33 pm
Gathright pitched against McCrory in the semifinals

bearfan

Anybody know the score to the MC VS Pangburn Game

BossHogs

Quote from: bearfan on May 10, 2018, 01:45:18 pm
Anybody know the score to the MC VS Pangburn Game
It was 8-1 MC last I saw on Twitter. We're in the 3rd inning. If you follow AAA_Scores on Twitter they sometimes post updates.

BossHogs

RedWolf275

BIC over Rison 6-2

bear_wolves98

McCrory over Lavaca 6-3

MagicMike

McCrory vs Parkers Chapel

Magnet Cove vs Palestine Wheatley

Buffalo Island Central vs Conway Christian

Des Arc vs Spring Hill

Quarterfinals on Friday starting with McCrory vs Parkers Chapel at 10 am

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc 6

Hector 0

Final

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: MagicMike on May 10, 2018, 07:41:03 pm
McCrory vs Parkers Chapel

Magnet Cove vs Palestine Wheatley

Buffalo Island Central vs Conway Christian

Des Arc vs Spring Hill

Quarterfinals on Friday starting with McCrory vs Parkers Chapel at 10 am

The BIC vs. Conway Christian game and the Des Arc vs. Spring Hill game have been flipped time wise.

Des Arc vs. Spring Hill will be at 3:00 and

BIC vs. Conway Christian will be at 5:30

birddawg1986

Looks like the ole north got it going. Be interesting to see how many of them advance to the semifinal Saturday.

Hawgpilot

PC over McCrory 10-7

BossHogs

Quote from: Hawgpilot on May 11, 2018, 12:20:50 pm
PC over McCrory 10-7
Dang closer game than I thought it would be. PC not pitch their 1 or 2?

bear_wolves98

Seems they pitched their #2. If McCrory doesn't make some errors and doesn't walk some kids they may have had a shot. They hit the ball pretty decent.

MagicMike

PC doesn't really have a #1 anymore. But the pitcher only have up 2 earned runs, defense had 6 errors. McCrory is a scrappy bunch

theoutsiders

Palestine Wheatley Wins 4-0 over Magnet Cove.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on May 10, 2018, 09:46:09 pm
The BIC vs. Conway Christian game and the Des Arc vs. Spring Hill game have been flipped time wise.

Des Arc vs. Spring Hill will be at 3:00 and

BIC vs. Conway Christian will be at 5:30

They flipped the games because Des Arc's graduation is tonight

RedWolf275

Spring Hill beat Des Arc 7-6

Hawgpilot

CC up 3-0 bottom of 2. 

Hawgpilot

CC run rules BIC 11-1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

So who was at the d.a.-s.h. game? My Facebook is blowing up about a blatant foul ball getting called fair allowing the 2 winning runs to score for s.h.

I was not there, so all I'm going off of is some respected people talking about it.

big E

Ball was pulled down the 3rd base line umpire never said anything,  the DesArc player just stopped , Spring Hill kid kept going. The lesson here is if you don't hear blue as fowl ball keep playing.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on May 11, 2018, 07:46:06 pm
Ball was pulled down the 3rd base line umpire never said anything,  the DesArc player just stopped , Spring Hill kid kept going. The lesson here is if you don't hear blue as fowl ball keep playing.

Was it a foul ball?

MagicMike

It was 18 inches foul

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MagicMike on May 11, 2018, 07:47:57 pm
It was 18 inches foul

So it was a blown call. But like Big E said, play till the play is dead.

RedWolf275

That ump must be nearly blind. 18 inches is pretty easy to see!

big E

Quote from: MagicMike on May 11, 2018, 07:47:57 pm
It was 18 inches foul
Again if you don't hear blue say fowl ball you better keep playing.  I'm not saying it was fair or fowl ,our AD said he seen the ump point. Butt didn't hear him say anything. All I'm saying is if blue don't say anything keep playing.

big E

Rule number 1 never leave it in the umps hands.

MagicMike

Umpiring in the tournament has left a lot to be desired, but that call was something else. I feel for Des Arc and just like last year it seems as if Spring Hill has 9 lives.

big E

Survive and advance is the name of the game.

sport

Eerie similar situation for PW coach tomorrow.. 5 years and 1 day ago from the noon game tomorrow. Coach Beck saved the semis game against PC at PC while he was at St Joe. Went on to start, Win, and have a walkoff double against Dierks at baum in the finals the next weekend in a run rule state championship vicotry...food for thought.

fleaflicker24

Call it luck, call it destiny, call it a "blown call by blue", call it what you want... The SH Bears seem to find a way to come out on top at the end! GO BEARS! Back to Back!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas