• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion's final assault on the AAAA board (Merged topics)

Started by Bsktballplyr818, March 04, 2006, 10:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDiesel™

You guys did foul a lot.  But, probably not quite that much.  Bozeman is an amazing actor.  I constantly compare him to Brooks Taylor.  He knows how to get a foul called.  There were some questionable calls.  And that was probably the worst called game in the tournament.  But, the refs did not cost Marion the game.

bbmom

Marion...it's over. Sorry that you feel cheated, but you probably got away with enough fouls against Huntsville to make up for the ones that you think shouldn't have been called against y'all in the Magnolia game. In my opinion, Marion shouldn't have even BEEN playing that game, so HUSH!

I did enjoy meeting some folks from your town at the tourney, but it's over & you can't change the past. Like I used to tell my kids when they were two & three--DROP IT!

bbmom

WAIT! Is this a ploy to get your fans to coax you out of retirement like the pro athletes sometimes do???

Uncle Ivan

mysticroamer19

what do u mean? Like the players coming back?

bbmom

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 05, 2006, 04:37:27 pm
Quote from: MysticRoamer06 on March 05, 2006, 04:20:14 pm
WE DIDN'T FOUL THAT MUCH IVAN!

Oh, so the Demozette is lying?

I didn't read the paper, but another thread quoted that Marion had 30 fouls called & Magnolia had 8 less than Marion. I'm no math major, but that's a bit different than 58 & 16.

mysticroamer19

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: bbmom on March 05, 2006, 04:41:16 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 05, 2006, 04:37:27 pm
Quote from: MysticRoamer06 on March 05, 2006, 04:20:14 pm
WE DIDN'T FOUL THAT MUCH IVAN!

Oh, so the Demozette is lying?

I didn't read the paper, but another thread quoted that Marion had 30 fouls called & Magnolia had 8 less than Marion. I'm no math major, but that's a bit different than 58 & 16.

I belive the 58/16 was the number of free throws that they said were attempted.  The 30/22 was the number of fouls called I guess.  If that's the case, then there was only 2 fouls called in which 2 free throws weren't attempted the entire game.  And that wasn't the case, so something is off just a little.

Shell-shocked

Quote from: bbmom on March 05, 2006, 04:25:51 pm
Marion...it's over. Sorry that you feel cheated, but you probably got away with enough fouls against Huntsville to make up for the ones that you think shouldn't have been called against y'all in the Magnolia game. In my opinion, Marion shouldn't have even BEEN playing that game, so HUSH!

This true i was in disgust the Marion/Huntsville game. And your guys' # 31 grabbed Trumbo's CROTCH!!!! on purpose (no joke) and was called for a hand check, he should have been thrown out, thats just as bad as hittin som1 in the face. And what kind of coach goes public in the paper and tells every1 that the refs cheated......!?! SHOW SOME CLASS MARION  :o

pantherfan4962

I dont belive the refs caused marion the game becuase marion was only shooting 16% in the first half of the game. They had 3 airballs in the first three minutes of the game.

Marionpats07™

RD™

Hyuuga

Marion has always been a second half team. I do admit that Marion was no doubt off in the first half. If they were given the chance in the second half, I really think they would have been able to step up and take the win against Mag. I personally would love to see another game b/t Magnolia and Marion with different refs and see how it turns out. But that won't happen, so i'll just let it go.

mysticroamer19

IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME JUST SAYIN THAT IN THE PAPER IS CLASSY! I wouldn't be mad or upset if he cussed the coach and referees out. JUST saying what he did in the paper is class to me. And its all true...

mysticroamer19

If Marion played Magnolia again *which is never going to happen b/c nobody from Marion ever wants to even think about going to that town again or have anything to do w/ that team* but Marion would kill them if they got a chance to play a fair game with random refs who didn't decide the game before it started.

MarionManiac#1

one of the best coach's in the state that knows what he is talking about does that, i loved it at the end of the game where he called Emmanuel over whlie the clock was just under a min. and told him to walk back across the half court and give the ball to the refs.

Guesswho

Marion. Kill Yo Self.... Before next season starts. It's gonna be... UGLY

Shell-shocked

Marion was not cheated.  Huntsville had just as much of an argument that the refs cheated them in your game as you do in this game.

True statement. and do you see Huntsville one here whining to every1?!? We said some things, but didnt blow it up like Marion is.

mysticroamer19

Shell..DID U SEE THE MARION VS. REFS GAME!!??? oh..I mean "Magnolia"? Honestly, did U SEE that game!?

RD™

Quote from: MarionManiac#1 on March 05, 2006, 05:20:45 pm
one of the best coach's in the state that knows what he is talking about does that, i loved it at the end of the game where he called Emmanuel over whlie the clock was just under a min. and told him to walk back across the half court and give the ball to the refs.
That was class? He should be fined and punished by Marion Administration, that is an absolute classless move by a coach, he would be fired where I come from.

fan #2

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: MarionManiac#1 on March 05, 2006, 05:20:45 pm

That's what happened there?  I can't believe that.  From my view, all I saw was the ref blow the whistle and call back court on Cheers.  Heath and I were wondering what had happened.

Shell-shocked

No i didnt, fouling was a part of Marions game thought. They had alot against Huntsville too, i guess the refs were really hammering ya'll in the Magnolia game, and im sure your team really committed them to.

Bsktballplyr818

Yep, Clay told E to just hand the refs the ball..since they already blew the game

fan #2

RD™

Quote from: Bsktballplyr818 on March 05, 2006, 05:55:52 pm
Yep, Clay told E to just hand the refs the ball..since they already blew the game
Then Clay is the sorriest coach in the state now if that is true. Yall should be so proud to have him.   ::)

fastdrop

Quote from: MysticRoamer06 on March 05, 2006, 04:39:06 pm
what do u mean? Like the players coming back?
yes....I just figured ya'll were already picking out a place in your trophy case for the 6A championship ya'll are going to win next year

Bsktballplyr818

Well it was fun readin all your posts chan. And there will most likely be no more Marion Maniacs next year, but at least we can say for 1 year we had one of the best student sections in the state.

trackstar07

why arent the maniacs returing next year? im not complaining.. just curious

pioneerbasketball

Keep in touch with me Mariontrackstar44. Thanks for the kind posts earlier in the year.

Bsktballplyr818

Most of the maniacs are seniors.

RD™

Quote from: Bsktballplyr818 on March 05, 2006, 06:03:20 pm
Well it was fun readin all your retarded posts chan. And there will most likely be no more Marion Maniacs next year, but at least we can say for 1 year we had one of the most ignorant student sections in the state.
I concur.

trackstar07

i would have to say that by creating this poll.. i am stumped as to which answer i should pick.

HBS_Wiffle13

Quote from: trackstar08 on March 05, 2006, 06:04:45 pm
why arent the maniacs returing next year? im not complaining.. just curious

The core group of the maniacs will be graduating and Marion will basically have an entirely new team, might be a tough year, very young.  Only 2 underclassmen recieved considerable playing time, the rest will graduate May '06.

Boss Man

I've held out to long and can't anymore. Solomon is the type of player that will stretch the rules as far as they go if the refs let him do something he'll do it but it they call him on he'll stop. Now I wasn't there and i'm not saying some this stuff that Solo is accused of doing didn't happen because it sounds like its in the realm of his game but that is just the mark of a crafty player thats all. What did you espect a 50 50 game down the middle? If so you weren't going to get it.

Now I will say this was the worst officiated tournament I've ever seen.The blunders of the AOA by having an official from Batesville call Monticello vs. GCT when they are in the same conference as Batesville, and sited that they didn't know he was from batesville. We had Superintendents, Principals, AD's, Coaches and OFFICIALS appoligize for the officiating in Monticello vs. GCT but we took our licks and shook them off. The paper actually asked our coach did he want to comment on the officiating and he declined. This is class!

Do you feel cheated Marion you dog gone straight you do your players had a great season and you made it to the Semi-Finals but don't take the bait from the Demozette and comment on the game it just makes the win look well deserved!

Hyuuga

I would have to say I'm stumped that you are able to use a computer because this thread is probably the most retarded thing I've seen. You yourself are complaining by making this thread.

fan #2

the refs did a super job....marion got beat....bottom line....some saw the game through marion colored glasses obviously

trackstar07

what am i complaining about? i made this to help marion ppl realize how much they are getting on ppl's nerves by constantly talking about the magnolia game. its over so stop talking about it. and "you yourself".... wow look up the word "redundancy"

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: fan #2 on March 05, 2006, 06:28:54 pm
the refs did a super job....marion got beat....bottom line....some saw the game through marion colored glasses obviously

The refs in this one did NOT do a super job, but Marion did get beat.

fan #2

hope you're not implying the refs cost marion the game

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: fan #2 on March 05, 2006, 06:40:59 pm
hope you're not implying the refs cost marion the game

No, and if you've read my posts from last night and today, you would know that I do not blame the refs for this loss.  The refs definitely did not bring their "A game", but Marion lost it themselves.  They went cold and got frustrated.  Sometimes you just got to play in spite of the reffing.

Hyuuga

Yeah. Very few underclassmen were avid participants with the Maniacs and what they did. Sure some showed up to the games and bought the shirts, but they didn't organize with the rest of us. Most of the Maniacs are seniors and are leaving this year to go on to college. I would love to see our student section turn into a tradition of Marion Maniacs, but i'll be honest. Until our 7th and 8th grade teams reach high school, I don't see Marion making it to state play-offs in basketball seeing as we're moving up to a more difficult conference and loosing a lot of the core talent of the 04-05 and 05-06 basketball team.

On another note, I will soon be retiring as well. I'll post on here periodically over the next few weeks, but once all this Marion stuff has died down, you won't be seeing much more of me. I'll be going to ASU with mariontrackstar44 and others to cheer on the ASU Indians, which obviously has no affiliation with this high school sports forum. It was fun these past two years. I enjoyed arguing and talking with 
many of the other posters on here. I was also really cool to finally meet the most popular of the posters on here- Freak- before I graduate. Congrats to Marion on a heck of a basketball show these past two years, and of course I'll be there cheering on my Patriots when I can at the games in the future. I'll also end this with a most favored chant original to the Marion Patriots/Marion Maniacs...

M-A-R-I-O-N WHAT!?

fan #2

amen..give Magnolia a little credit...I think they are good enough to be in the finals

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: fan #2 on March 05, 2006, 06:46:15 pm
amen..give Magnolia a little credit...I think they are good enough to be in the finals

I think so too.  If the tournament wasn't at Magnolia, I'm not so sure they would be in the finals.  But, hey, that's one big reason why schools bid on the tourney to start with.   (and I'm not talking about homer refs, just getting to play in front of the very large home crowd does wonders for a team)>

fan #2

don't worry im sure the tournament won't be in south arkansas for another 30 years

Hyuuga

Since when was this forum supposed to be 100% grammatically correct on every post? You obviously knew what I meant when I typed it, therefore the goal of my post was reached...And you're complaining about Marion complaining...but I was mainly talking about you starting an entire thread on this along with everyone else. You couldn't get your name heard against Marion's posters so you started a whole thread to get attention. Just post along with everyone else on the other threads. I'm sure by now, almost everyone thinks the same of Marion posters. No need to start a ridiculous thread.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: fan #2 on March 05, 2006, 06:52:13 pm
don't worry im sure the tournament won't be in south arkansas for another 30 years

Maybe it will come to the extreme NE.  I would love for GCT to host this coming year's tournament.  But, they need to host it using the Convocation Center at ASU.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas