• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens

Started by Pastureboy21, June 23, 2014, 07:09:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on June 29, 2014, 01:28:28 pm
Money has everything to do with how much Hooten's prints about you actually

Your kidding right ?

Hooten took a dump on Smackover picking them 6th.............it is clear they should have been picked in the top 3...................guess we didn't pay enough. ::)

WPWells

Did I say money paid for rankings? No. I said it's how much they print about you

Proud Buckaroo

I answered my own question by picking up the book earlier.

Gotcha

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 29, 2014, 02:51:28 pm
I answered my own question by picking up the book earlier.
Did you enjoy the part about the jv record?

Proud Buckaroo

They are using that as a reference to those kids NOW being the ones on the senior team. ._.

Not using it as a reference as "Buck Fever" uses it.

Gotcha

Im just picking with you man. I give my best wishes to that class. I hope jones has a breakout season in 2016.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 28, 2014, 01:11:11 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on June 28, 2014, 08:51:36 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 28, 2014, 07:23:24 am
Quote from: HeadBussa08 on June 28, 2014, 03:04:36 am
I don't believe GR will be anywhere near the contender they have been the last two years. Lost allot of seniors the past two years and will be young and inexperienced this year. without the help of a Star veteran such as Burton i don't see them being very strong. still could probably get a 3 seed thou in the new conference. As far as Smackover is concerned they will be no more than an alright program until they win a big game. I will give them credit thou they do have some talent. but that same talent got mercy ruled in the semis last year when nobody thought it would happen...well anybody from smackover anyway.

And I'am sure a heavy  down pour from start to finish had nothing to do with the outcome of that game.....smackovers offense only clicked with a good passing attack..you know that noone would have had any success with a passing attack in a steady down pour like smackover was faced with that night..........not making excuses, the best team won that game, GR had a veteran senior dominated team that  simply had the sophomore dominated bucks outmanned............with that said the score  would have been much closer in better playing conditions........you have tried every way possible to take a dump on  a young conference champion team that had a great 12-2 season.............seems you would be more concerned with Prescotts lackluster season.
We went to the quarterfinals in our "lackluster" season, but you are right it was disappointing. That's the difference in us. Y'all consider that a success. We both finished the season with the same thing...nothing

Wrong...... Prescott finished with nothing..........Smackover finish as conference champions.

Smackover                                                   successful season
conference championship
12-2 overall
6-1 conf
number 1 seed                                 

lackluster season
Prescott
6-6 overall
4-3 conf
number 5 seed
Prescott 6-6 record....not up to standards by any means around here
Smackover gettin Mercy Ruled and having 50+ hung on em in the semis.....PRICELESS lol ya'll clowns. and im sure when Junction beats ya'll like a drum weak one by 21+ ya'll will say "well we are all are sophs and juniors" lol heck i been hearing about Smackover Sophs and Juniors for like 6 years now lol

Hoghead

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 29, 2014, 01:33:43 pm
Does anyone know if el dorado Walmart carries the book yet?

All Walmarts in Arkansas carries them. They should be in this week !

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on June 30, 2014, 12:16:17 am
I don't believe GR will be anywhere near the contender they have been the last two years. Lost allot of seniors the past two years and will be young and inexperienced this year. without the help of a Star veteran such as Burton i don't see them being very strong. still could probably get a 3 seed thou in the new conference. As far as Smackover is concerned they will be no more than an alright program until they win a big game. I will give them credit thou they do have some talent. but that same talent got mercy ruled in the semis last year when nobody thought it would happen...well anybody from smackover anyway.

And I'am sure a heavy  down pour from start to finish had nothing to do with the outcome of that game.....smackovers offense only clicked with a good passing attack..you know that noone would have had any success with a passing attack in a steady down pour like smackover was faced with that night..........not making excuses, the best team won that game, GR had a veteran senior dominated team that  simply had the sophomore dominated bucks outmanned............with that said the score  would have been much closer in better playing conditions........you have tried every way possible to take a dump on  a young conference champion team that had a great 12-2 season.............seems you would be more concerned with Prescotts lackluster season.
We went to the quarterfinals in our "lackluster" season, but you are right it was disappointing. That's the difference in us. Y'all consider that a success. We both finished the season with the same thing...nothing

Wrong...... Prescott finished with nothing..........Smackover finish as conference champions.

conference championship
12-2 overall
6-1 conf
number 1 seed                                 

lackluster season
Prescott
6-6 overall
4-3 conf
number 5 seed
Smackover gettin Mercy Ruled and having 50+ hung on em in the semis.....PRICELESS lol ya'll clowns. and im sure when Junction beats ya'll like a drum weak one by 21+ ya'll will say "well we are all are sophs and juniors" lol heck i been hearing about Smackover Sophs and Juniors for like 6 years now lol

Man, Headbussa. Do not let one sour puss make Smackover look bad...

BUCK FEVER

June 30, 2014, 06:37:41 am #59 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:58:03 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: HeadBussa08 on June 30, 2014, 12:16:17 am

conference championship
12-2 overall
6-1 conf
number 1 seed                                 

lackluster season
Prescott
6-6 overall
4-3 conf
number 5 seed

"PURE HATE".............down play a 12-2 season all you want......makes you look like a fool.................................................and PROUD BUCK, YOU ARE A FOOL.
Do you really think this headbusser guy wants to be your friend ??

adaptedtigerfan

Well this has turned into the stupidest thread on the site!!

Jack1990

It only takes a few to derail what should be a good thread.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 30, 2014, 10:43:11 am

Visit the 4A thread. You will see tons of morons who can't post anything worth a crap. They have pretty much killed the board because no one wants to post anything.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2014, 10:48:41 am

Visit the 4A thread. You will see tons of morons who can't post anything worth a crap. They have pretty much killed the board because no one wants to post anything.
I can name a few!

Gotcha

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 30, 2014, 10:38:28 am
Well this has turned into the stupidest thread on the site!!
Lets not point fingers

Proud Buckaroo

Not looking for his friendship. Just simply stating the point that most people do not respect Smackover because of certain posters.

cuckoobird

June 30, 2014, 12:22:23 pm #66 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:23:54 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2014, 10:48:41 am

yep 
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=133399.0

KOJACK

conference championship
12-2 overall
6-1 conf
number 1 seed                                 

lackluster season
Prescott
6-6 overall
4-3 conf
number 5 seed
I guess your right. When you win your first conference championship in 26 years you better celebrate...who knows when you get another chance ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 30, 2014, 12:09:20 pm
Not looking for his friendship. Just simply stating the point that most people do not respect Smackover because of certain posters.
well played

Gotcha

Differences in opinion......charleston over booneville, prescott over GR, and mcgehee over fordyce. Also, lamar is WAY overrated.

adaptedtigerfan

Easy on Lamar...  I don't think they are WAY overrated.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on June 30, 2014, 12:50:49 pm

conference championship
12-2 overall
6-1 conf
number 1 seed                                 

lackluster season
Prescott
6-6 overall
4-3 conf
number 5 seed
I guess your right. When you win your first conference championship in 26 years you better celebrate...who knows when you get another chance ;D

YEP FROM SOMEONE WHO SHOULD KNOW..........NOT MUCH DIFFRENCE IN US WHEN IT COMES TO CNFR CHAMPIONS...PRES 18 SMACK 15................................WOW, EARTH SHATTERING !

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 30, 2014, 12:09:20 pm

Oh sorry, I thought this was a high school football board ? I did not realize we were having a kiss butt competition , YOU WIN....................................................

Gotcha

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 30, 2014, 06:30:29 pm
so you dont think your tigers and booneville will both win by atleast 3 scores? It depends on whose 2 seed they get whether they ever clear round 1.........just like every other year with hootens. Just because number 1 and 2 are in your conference doesnt demand any respect for the 3 seed.

BUCK FEVER

Here ya go proud buck....you can make new friends here on this link, thought you might enjoy.

http://www.kidsloverocks.com/html/make_new_friends.html

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gotcha on June 30, 2014, 07:07:24 pm
so you dont think your tigers and booneville will both win by atleast 3 scores? It depends on whose 2 seed they get whether they ever clear round 1.........just like every other year with hootens. Just because number 1 and 2 are in your conference doesnt demand any respect for the 3 seed.

Wasn't Lamar one of the few teams to actually hang around well into the second half against Charleston last year?

Gotcha

Quote from: HF on June 30, 2014, 07:24:47 pm
Quote from: Gotcha on June 30, 2014, 07:07:24 pm

Wasn't Lamar one of the few teams to actually hang around well into the second half against Charleston last year?
wasnt that last year? Wanna quote returning defensive starters for me?

Gotcha

Tryingto make your point in question form is purely insulting. 15,000 posts and now you turn shy? How many starters are returning on lamar's (almost good enough to stop charelston) defense? ???

BUCK FEVER

Play nice guys...proud buck will be back here after while policing the threads and wrighting tickets for not being respectful...... or maybe not, he could be hung up over at the kiddie rock collector site........lmbo.

Gotcha

The answer is 5. In other words, last year is irrelevant. those 5 starters will also go both ways, led by a QB who makes screech look like slater.......last year was a record high season for the school. Lamar is a joke. I reapeat, haha, a joke.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gotcha on June 30, 2014, 08:36:57 pm
Tryingto make your point in question form is purely insulting. 15,000 posts and now you turn shy? How many starters are returning on lamar's (almost good enough to stop charelston) defense? ???

.....smh...Some people need to get their tighty whities out of a wad and realize that some people actually ask questions when they don't know something.

Since you point out my 15,000 posts...I've been posting on here since 2003...that's roughly 3 posts a day, and this is the first summer I've remained active daily on here in years..so woo I sure do post a lot don't I?

Now back to my question that I asked...since you preferred to be a donkey and try to turn it into a personal attack on me instead of answering my question, I went and did the research myself, Lamar lost by 4 TD's to Charleston so no they didn't keep the score close did they? They were one of 3 teams to hold them under 35 points(The other 2 being McGehee and Gentry).

For the record I haven't followed 3A football very closely since Hector's double overtime loss to Harding Academy at their place in the playoffs in 2006...so It's been a while...But I do plan on making the trip and watching Charleston vs Booneville on Halloween....Should be a great game...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gotcha on June 30, 2014, 09:39:41 pm
The answer is 5. In other words, last year is irrelevant. those 5 starters will also go both ways, led by a QB who makes screech look like slater.......last year was a record high season for the school. Lamar is a joke. I reapeat, haha, a joke.

Yeah...Atkins folks used to post about how Lamar was a joke, and they owned them....and now they've lost 6 games in a row to that joke of a program...

And to continue with the previous post...Lamar only brought back 3 starters on defense the year before, and went on to a 9-1 regular season...Of course you'll throw back that Lamar lost in the first round of the playoffs...but gotta start somewhere...

Gotcha

Quote from: HF on June 30, 2014, 10:13:58 pm

Yeah...Atkins folks used to post about how Lamar was a joke, and they owned them....and now they've lost 6 games in a row to that joke of a program...

And to continue with the previous post...Lamar only brought back 3 starters on defense the year before, and went on to a 9-1 regular season...Of course you'll throw back that Lamar lost in the first round of the playoffs...but gotta start somewhere...
they did lose in round 1. Im pretty sure they will again this season. Agreed, thats a start for an underdog program. Going back to my original post, they are WAY overrated.

Gotcha

So......are they starting a decent program, or are they pre-season #4 material?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gotcha on June 30, 2014, 10:34:53 pm
So......are they starting a decent program, or are they pre-season #4 material?

Neither haha....I'd say they already have a decent program.......Without doing my homework I'd have Charleston, Booneville, Harding Academy, and Smackover ahead of them.

But seriously wasn't the Charleston game closish for 3 quarters before Charleston put them away last season? If I'm recalling that correctly(THinking I read it in the paper or maybe on here while doing my homework for my top ten comments last season) that coupled with Jones being a good coach might be why Hootens is so high on them(they had them at #11 last preseason with less(Numbers wise) coming back)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gotcha on June 30, 2014, 10:31:09 pm
Quote from: HF on June 30, 2014, 10:13:58 pm

they did lose in round 1. Im pretty sure they will again this season. Agreed, thats a start for an underdog program. Going back to my original post, they are WAY overrated.

And after flipping through the 3A section in Hootens...I'd probably lean towards agreeing with you on Overrated, not sure about WAY overrated...Of course I've already owned up to my ignorance of 3A football..

KOJACK

After reading through the hootens I saw that Smackover's all time playoff record is 19-22, while prescott's was 54-20. Buck fever after y'all stay competitive for several years and win more than one  conference championship in the 21st century, then you can troll around on these boards beating on your chest... ::)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 29, 2014, 01:55:37 pm

Your kidding right ?

Hooten took a dump on Smackover picking them 6th.............it is clear they should have been picked in the top 3...................guess we didn't pay enough. ::)
don't confuse where you were picked and how much coverage you got. look at dway in 4a. they can be the preseason # 1 pick and they're going to get 1/2 page. anytrhing smackover got over that someone from smackover paid for including pictures of every player and the fighting chain gang.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on July 01, 2014, 12:22:59 am
After reading through the hootens I saw that Smackover's all time playoff record is 19-22, while prescott's was 54-20. Buck fever after y'all stay competitive for several years and win more than one  conference championship in the 21st century, then you can troll around on these boards beating on your chest... ::)

ha ha, and it only took you 6 days 23 hours and 32 seconds to finally find something to beat your chest about.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2014, 08:10:26 am

Your kidding right ?

don't confuse where you were picked and how much coverage you got. look at dway in 4a. they can be the preseason # 1 pick and they're going to get 1/2 page. anytrhing smackover got over that someone from smackover paid for including pictures of every player and the fighting chain gang.

Proof please ....Otherwise just more message board -BS

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 01, 2014, 08:45:17 am

Your kidding right ?

have helped pay it two years ago. sorry i don't have a receipt. can't remember the exaxt prices but someone in smackover spent several hundred and there is nothing wrong with that. i just like helping really smart people out when i can.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2014, 08:56:17 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 01, 2014, 08:45:17 am

Your kidding right ?

have helped pay it two years ago. sorry i don't have a receipt. can't remember the exaxt prices but someone in smackover spent several hundred and there is nothing wrong with that. i just like helping really smart people out when i can.

So, if i understand you correctly, you are saying that Hoot charges each school for the amount of print in the mag. ?

Jimbo Morphis

July 01, 2014, 09:08:51 am #92 Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:10:54 am by Oldman
i don't have a magazine. but you can look at 4a and see what dway has. that much is free, EVERYTHING over that is bought and paid for. dway may have bought a page this year but i doubt it. you will figure it out if you look at several schools that don't have a lot of financial support.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2014, 09:08:51 am
i don't have a magazine. but you can look at 4a and see what dway has. that much is free, EVERYTHING over that is bought and paid for. dway may have bought a page this year but i doubt it. you will figure it out if you look at several schools that don't have a lot of financial support.

Thanks for the info.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 01, 2014, 10:12:12 am
Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2014, 09:08:51 am

Thanks for the info.
you are welcome.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I think Hooten's pick on Lamar was that they liked the way they played Charleston last year (final score notwithstanding) and they have a lot of respect for Doc.

Gotcha

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on July 01, 2014, 07:50:37 pm

I think Hooten's pick on Lamar was that they liked the way they played Charleston last year (final score notwithstanding) and they have a lot of respect for Doc.
mcgehee has 7 starters returning on both sides of the ball. We have a former coach of the year, and we held charelston to under 35(in the playoffs)........having said that i believe mcgehee is nowhere near number 4 in the state. My point is simply that none of the evidence for lamar being any higher than 10 makes sense.

adaptedtigerfan

That 27-6 score in the playoffs was 27-0 till .5 seconds left in the game.  That was the worst rain in the past century.  Charleston had more drops in that game than any all year.  Without dropped passes that game was 35-42 to ZERO...    Now, I have no beef with anyone from McGehee and I would love to play them again....  My son had his best game of the year against them. 

Gotcha

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 01, 2014, 09:12:59 pm
That 27-6 score in the playoffs was 27-0 till .5 seconds left in the game.  That was the worst rain in the past century.  Charleston had more drops in that game than any all year.  Without dropped passes that game was 35-42 to ZERO...    Now, I have no beef with anyone from McGehee and I would love to play them again....  My son had his best game of the year against them.
IF we would have run the ball for ten yards a carry, and IF ty storey wouldve had the flu, we would have beat charleston.........in other words, youre missing the point dude. I ranked charleston preseason number 1. Im not sayin we shouldve played you a close game, im sayin lamar is no closer to number 4 in the sate than we are.

adaptedtigerfan

And I never said I disagreed with you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas