• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Booneville

Started by Truckman555, April 23, 2014, 03:26:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Truckman555

April 23, 2014, 03:26:52 pm Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:28:34 pm by Truckman555
What town will have the better team? Two rival towns.... Which team should be the number 1 seed?

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL82

Adapted thinks that chucktown is #1 in the world!

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

Booneville will be weak and won't stand a chance.

jr17

I will be rooting for Charleston in this game!!!

-Painted Fan-

To be honest, I am more concerned about Lamar two weeks prior.
Why, you ask?
Simple.
Booneville game is Senior Night. Charleston has about 18 seniors this fall that will be playing their last regular season game at Alumni Field. They want to go out with a bang, trust me.
Lamar, however, is Homecoming. Anyone with knowledge of the Tigers know that Homecoming has WAY too many distractions, and that's a dangerous thing against a team like the Warriors.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 24, 2014, 11:13:53 am
To be honest, I am more concerned about Lamar two weeks prior.
Why, you ask?
Simple.
Booneville game is Senior Night. Charleston has about 18 seniors this fall that will be playing their last regular season game at Alumni Field. They want to go out with a bang, trust me.
Lamar, however, is Homecoming. Anyone with knowledge of the Tigers know that Homecoming has WAY too many distractions, and that's a dangerous thing against a team like the Warriors.

You shouldnt worry about Booneville at all.  Booneville probably wont be motivated at all for the game with the neighbors up north.  May be so scared the boys dont even show up.

WPWells

Make an argument. Painted Fan made an argument and instead of being logical you just made fun of him

OLDSCHOOL82

April 24, 2014, 01:53:46 pm #9 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:55:50 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 24, 2014, 01:49:29 pm
Make an argument. Painted Fan made an argument and instead of being logical you just made fun of him

Im trying to keep my bp down until season!  Lamar wont be much next year but i understand the problems that come with homecoming week.  I hate it.  Hope he didnt get his feelings hurt by me making fun of him.  One more thing... this game could be played at any stadium at any time of the year and both will play lights out.  First time to meet other than a scrimmage since the early 90s! 

-Painted Fan-

Lamar will be better than you think. They were mostly sophomores this past season, and have a pretty good group coming up from junior high- especially the running back.
In my opinion, the 3A-4 will have 3 teams in the top 10.
Booneville will still be a handful, for anyone. I just don't see that game having all the distractions that go with Homecoming.

OLDSCHOOL82

It definitely won't have as many distractions as homecoming!  The only thing that would would be if espn game day showed up.  Wk 9 will be a huge game and I'm sure the Booneville/up chucktown thread will be down right nasty!

-Painted Fan-

Booneville will put everything they have into that game for sure. They're a football school, and not as well-rounded in other sports as Charleston.

OLDSCHOOL82

And once again,  chucktown is the best at everything in the world!  Yes,  Booneville is not real stellar at basketball year in and year out,  but they are pretty decent at the rest of the sports.

jr17

Old school
I can only imagine what that thread will look like.!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: jr17 on April 25, 2014, 09:13:21 am
Old school
I can only imagine what that thread will look like.!!!

It has the potential to be locked or get a few folks banned i would imagine!  Hopefully not me!

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL must b the coach @ Booneville.  I think he is the only poster over there.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 25, 2014, 11:25:19 am
OLDSCHOOL must b the coach @ Booneville.  I think he is the only poster over there.

Nah, no coach here.  My Booneville bretheren take off for the off season. 

Scooter2121

The problem with upchucktown folks is in their mind they could have won the state championship in all classifications last year and probably think they can do it next year.

adaptedtigerfan

There ya go Scooter....   Yappin that trap again...   NOBODY from Charleston said that they could win all classifications last year. 

WPWells

Scooter, I still have a lovely PM from you about how Ty Storey will never amount to anything and that someday someone will "knock me off my high horse" I think you and RTF would get along famously with all your unfounded hate of the Charleston Tigers

OLDSCHOOL82

Scooter2121

Boy that was way to easy!!!!He has proved nothing except he can throw the football against very sub-par 3A pass defenses just wait till he has to run for his life every play then have to throw the ball to a receiver that is actually covered.Then we will see if he is what all you people from upchucktown make him out to be the next Johnny football.

adaptedtigerfan

Scooter...  Why don't you watch some film before you jack them jaws.....   Look @ the Harding game....   & you don't get rated #3 pocket passer by rivals depending on your school classification.  Haters gonna hate..

Scooter2121

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 27, 2014, 10:12:54 am
Scooter...  Why don't you watch some film before you jack them jaws.....   Look @ the Harding game....   & you don't get rated #3 pocket passer by rivals depending on your school classification.  Haters gonna hate..
Wow that's your come back one game!!!The reason he is the number 3 pocket passer is because he can't run out of sight in a day.Better hope that the hogs get a line that can pass block in the next 5 years or it won't matter how good of a pocket passer he is.

ATU

Quote from: Scooter2121 on April 27, 2014, 10:40:09 am
Wow that's your come back one game!!!The reason he is the number 3 pocket passer is because he can't run out of sight in a day.Better hope that the hogs get a line that can pass block in the next 5 years or it won't matter how good of a pocket passer he is.
Well sense your boy quit at Tech he can always go there and play.

OLDSCHOOL82

I like scooter!  Boonevilles d will be something charlestons offense has never seen before. 

bearcat1983

Booneville will not have a problem in this conference. Booneville 3A Conference Champs !

Scooter2121

April 28, 2014, 12:17:28 am #28 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:59:53 am by Scooter2121
Quote from: ATU on April 27, 2014, 11:00:01 am
Quote from: Scooter2121 on April 27, 2014, 10:40:09 am
Well sense your boy quit at Tech he can always go there and play.
I heard about that from his dad.I guess since he can go to school pretty much for free without football a guess he decided it wasn't that important to play anymore.

Scooter2121

Go Bearcats!!!!Beat upchucktown!!!

WPWells

Jealousy is an ugly thing, Scooter

Scooter2121

Dislike for a town or team has nothing to do with being jealous.The upchucktown fans is what cause my dislike of upchucktown.You don't have to be state champs for me to dislike you.Here are examples of towns or teams I dislike.Dardanelle,Nashville,Danville if I didn't have kinfolk playing on the team,Atkins,PA,Shiloh,Charleston,Two Rivers,Lamar.The reasons very but for example Nashville,Dardanelle and Charleston mainly there fans is what makes me dislike them.

WPWells

Scooter2121

adaptedtigerfan

12th ....  He is a gator fan..  Don't let him lie to ya.

Truckman555

Charleston is the best at everyhting... oh wait they couldn't handle Episcopal at Summit Arena a few months ago.

WPWells

1. No one from Charleston ever claimed to be the best at everything
2. I don't think that Charleston "couldn't handle" ECS. I think ECS was a slightly better team in a great game on that given day

adaptedtigerfan

This is a FOOTBALL board got talk that garbage elsewhere...  I don't care one bit about the worst game ever invented.

OLDSCHOOL82

What's basketball?  Must be some foreign sport.

-Painted Fan-

I heard that Booneville is finally going to turf.
They won't be able to soak down the field to try and slow their opponents in Logan County any longer.

ATU

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 01, 2014, 03:57:44 pm
I heard that Booneville is finally going to turf.
They won't be able to soak down the field to try and slow their opponents in Logan County any longer.
I don't think they watered down there field.They no Charleston has one of the best football fields in 3a and could not stand it.

OLDSCHOOL82

No turf for the cats.  We prefer natural turf instead.  We are getting some up grades done to the playing surface and stadium.  Soak down the field... Comical. 

BEARCATSRULE

Charleston has not a chance!!!!!Not even on the same level.Finally Booneville can go all out on you softies..

adaptedtigerfan

Get outta here with that business....

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 27, 2014, 02:46:11 pm
I like scooter!  Boonevilles d will be something charlestons offense has never seen before. 
I'm pretty sure Charleston has seen Booneville before- considering they've been scrimmaging since forever.
Not to mention, the Tigers also play Paris and Atkins (up until this past season) in conference. It hasn't been that long ago that Greenland was in the conference, and have also played Green Forest in the playoffs. All of these mentioned run Booneville's defense.
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 02, 2014, 11:36:15 am
No turf for the cats.  We prefer natural turf instead.  We are getting some up grades done to the playing surface and stadium.  Soak down the field... Comical. 
You may want to double-check that.
The folks from Booneville that I work with insist that turf is happening. Heard it from 3 Booneville residents.
Maybe they aren't as informed as you, but that's what your guys are saying.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: Scooter2121 on April 25, 2014, 11:53:16 pm
The problem with upchucktown folks is in their mind they could have won the state championship in all classifications last year and probably think they can do it next year.
Charleston won 3A, and would have been a fantastic game in 2A. 5A- 7A doubtful. Depth would have been a major issue.
One thing for sure though- both Charleston and Junction City would have won the 4A.

Scooter2121

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 06, 2014, 08:37:37 pm
Quote from: Scooter2121 on April 25, 2014, 11:53:16 pm
Charleston won 3A, and would have been a fantastic game in 2A. 5A- 7A doubtful. Depth would have been a major issue.
One thing for sure though- both Charleston and Junction City would have won the 4A.
Put down the crack pipe and wake up!!!!Because neither would have beaten Booneville or Warren and I can name about a half dozen more that they couldn't beat in 4a!!

-Painted Fan-

Drug references?
Well, I guess you go with what you know....
I heard the folks in Booneville are already holding weekly rain dances in hopes of a monsoon come Halloween. That's the only reason the trophy isn't in Warren right now.

OLDSCHOOL82

Painted fan, u my friend are a babbling idiot.  Lots of teams run the same base defenses as Booneville but not like Booneville runs it.  1000s of teams run our defenses.  Scrimmages are scrimmages so no need to talk about that, even though that's all u guys have had for years.  No, Booneville is not getting turf.  And your comment about charleston winning the 4A and having a shot at the 5A and up state games just goes to show that you think the upchucktown Tiggers,  or maybe just you,  think they are gods gift to football in America!

OLDSCHOOL82

adaptedtigerfan:
There ya go Scooter....   Yappin that trap again...   NOBODY from Charleston said that they could win all classifications last year.

Hey adapted,  ur boy painted fan pretty much just said it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas