• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Coach of THE YEAR!!!!!!! Mark Kehner!!!!!

Started by GRDAD, December 17, 2013, 07:18:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GRDAD

Congratulations to a Great Coach a Great Man and a Great Mentor to our student athletes. Also to his wife for standing behind him.
Go Beavers

DeeGee

2010GRbeaver

BeaversFan1969

2010Tigerhaz-been

STM isn't going to like this!

Haha, congrats coach. I expect you'll have them beavers ready to go Saturday.

blueberryrockstar

I don't know what they take into consideration for voting one for the Coach of the Year award(Charleston has more wins this season and Coach K definitely has more class.), but nontheless congrats on the award and I hope you have your boys ready Saturday night!

big lefty

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 17, 2013, 10:44:56 am
I don't know what they take into consideration for voting one for the Coach of the Year award(Charleston has more wins this season and Coach K definitely has more class.), but nontheless congrats on the award and I hope you have your boys ready Saturday night!
Coach k(kehner)?  I agree

WPWells

I take offense to that. There is no way that Kehner has more class than Kendrick. Please stop now

Runfastturnleft

December 17, 2013, 11:35:49 am #9 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:37:47 am by Runfastturnleft
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2013, 11:15:15 am
I take offense to that. There is no way that Kehner has more class than Kendrick. Please stop now

I think he was walking about coach Kendrick... .

Nm

cdelaney

Where were these awards announced? Who voted? Is there a complete list somewhere?

DeeGee

Quote from: cdelaney on December 17, 2013, 11:44:48 am
Where were these awards announced? Who voted? Is there a complete list somewhere?

Farm Bureau Awards. List of partcipants are on Hootens. They haven't updated the winners yet. Award ceremony was last night in North Little Rock.

Truthfully

Just where pray tell does Kehner coach? You'd think the thread or comments within it would say where the man is from.  Thanks!

DeeGee

Quote from: Truthfully on December 17, 2013, 06:14:47 pm
Just where pray tell does Kehner coach? You'd think the thread or comments within it would say where the man is from.  Thanks!

He's Glen Rose Head Coach.

fbhound

Thanks! I was wondering too, like Truthfully...
    Some coaches are so lucky to be in a school system that has a lot of tradition and players that want to play year after year after year ... It is part of who they are, like at Charleston every year, and in recent years Lamar and Paris and Atkins to some extent. I personally think that Jr. High football is so important in getting the tradition started for those coaches who are lucky enough to get them into the Senior High system later. GR, Charleston, HA, Barton, Earle and a handful of other schools in 3A seem to develop talent every year but the athlete's desire has to be there starting in Junior High.  I used to coach Jr. High and know that 3 good years of hard work ethics can usually produce a good crop of 10-12 Sophomores each year, and there always seems to be 4-5 VERY good ones in the 10th grade class. GR and Charleston should be proud of their programs and good coaches to run them to the playoffs on a yearly basis.
   Again, I am not up on coaches outside 3-4A .... So, thanks for the information on Kehner's town. :-)

DeeGee

Pastureboy21

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2013, 11:15:15 am
Kehner has no class what so ever, so you are right 12th Man.

GRDAD

It is the Christmas Season so I am just gonna say Merry Christmas Everyone! But before people throw out accusations about other people or coaches maybe they should take a look into their own closets.
Merry Christmas!
Good Luck to Charleston but GO BEAVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace Out

DeeGee

Quote from: GRDAD on December 19, 2013, 07:15:47 am
It is the Christmas Season so I am just gonna say Merry Christmas Everyone! But before people throw out accusations about other people or coaches maybe they should take a look into their own closets.
Merry Christmas!
Peace Out

Amen!!

KOJACK

December 19, 2013, 07:51:40 am #20 Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:37:53 am by KOJACK
When people wrong you it is hard for us as humans to forgive. I know we are suppose to, but it is hard. Behind every good head coach their are several good assistance that rarely get mentioned.

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on December 19, 2013, 07:51:40 am
When people wrong you it is hard for us as humans to forgive. I know we are suppose to, but it is hard. Behind every good head coach their are several good assistance that rarely get mentioned.

Very true and very well said!! I pretty much go by the statement " let the judgement in my life belong to God alone."

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: GRDAD on December 19, 2013, 07:15:47 am
Merry Christmas!
Peace Out
il :-X

True Fan

I congratulated coach Kehner last night and he was quick to credit his players and assistant coaches. Gracious and humble. It is a well deserved honor. I hope the win the title to go with it.

WPWells

I think that they might have made a mistake here

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 21, 2013, 08:44:03 pm
I think that they might have made a mistake here

Nope... He did a great job but he inherited a goldmine.

WPWells

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 21, 2013, 08:49:58 pm
He made the coaching transition seamless

I'll agree to that.   The D coordinator needs some props.

adaptedtigerfan

unleasheddad

I think they gave out that award a little too soon! LOL

Jacketman65

Quote from: unleasheddad on December 21, 2013, 09:26:23 pm
From what I am reading, where is the AAA

Granny4two

They may want to rethink that award!  And his son should be arrested!

chucktownboys

Classless coach, son, fans, too many to list as dirty players, shouldn't have won last year it was a fluke, beat down this year should have been worse

DogsWin7

Quote from: unleasheddad on December 21, 2013, 09:26:23 pm

It certainly doesn't look good that he represented himself and his team in such a manner if the accounts of what happened are undeniable.   

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: chucktownboys on December 21, 2013, 09:59:42 pm
Classless coach, son, fans, too many to list as dirty players, shouldn't have won last year it was a fluke, beat down this year should have been worse

Yall lost fair and square last year and returned it to GR 50 fold this year... Congrats

SuperTurfMonkey

SuperTurfMonkey

Like I said absolutely no class what so ever.

Runfastturnleft

Watch the film.   The ref grabbed him. After a altercation with. Another kid... He pushed the offical off of him.   He had. No. Business grabbing the kid but the kid had no business. Pushing him either

Hogwild#9

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. What else would expect from Glen Rose.... Typical

OLDSCHOOL82

In no way, shape, or form should this man win any award what so ever.  He should not be allowed to coach any young men.  That was pathetic.  And it all goes on the coach!

Sweetfeet

That still shouldn't happen, but that's a whole lot better than him throwing a punch at the ref.  Although that's still not saying much.

blueberryrockstar

Yeah but there should have been several targeting penalties. The late hits just got ridiculous.  The refs warned the GR players multiple times to chill out but they kept coming. There were 3 players that should have been ejected with multiple personal fouls.

SuperTurfMonkey

December 21, 2013, 10:50:07 pm #42 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:52:04 pm by SuperTurfMonkey
I have tried to tell people this for ever...no one would listen!!!!  He is the biggest J@@K in the state!!!!

Sweetfeet

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 21, 2013, 10:50:07 pm
I have tried to tell people this for ever...no one would listen!!!!
What, were you saying something?

DogsWin7

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 21, 2013, 10:50:07 pm
I have tried to tell people this for ever...no one would listen!!!!  He is the biggest J@@K in the state!!!!

They are now plus it's on tape.

SuperTurfMonkey

SuperTurfMonkey

Where is all that class and greatness this guy is supposed to have GRDAD ???  Everone knows now!!!!!

WPWells

SuperTurfMonkey

SuperTurfMonkey

I told you they would make excuses and go into hiding!  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas