• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville Baseball Team

Started by ShakBakyBake, October 06, 2005, 02:48:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Whos your pick to win the 6A East?

West Memphis
0 (0%)
Forrest City
0 (0%)
Marion
0 (0%)
Searcy
0 (0%)
Jonesboro
0 (0%)
Sylvan Hills
0 (0%)
Mountain Home
0 (0%)
Who Cares
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 09, 2006, 02:31:15 pm

HSUball2

they said that was just preseason talk, but when the season started we would let our bats and gloves do the talkin for us and so far it has paid off

WBF †

yeah, i feel ya!...haha nice point, im just hooked!

WBF †

Beebe was terrible....cant wait to play Cabot!!

HSUball2

i heard im startin on the mound against cabot

HSUball2

Bone Thug

WBF †

Bone Thug

i would love to see lil. one on the mound against cabot

WBF †

HSUball2

WBF †

godfather07

HSUball2

Dat Chedda

powerlifter90

Searcy is a solid "decent" team, they do everything well, but don't stand out in any aspect either............  they'll make some noise if you let them..............

good news for Searcy is they will prob make the playoffs
bad news is football is just 6 months away...

Dat Chedda

jacksonville's backfield is gonna be nuthin without an o-line...so actually the bad news is on yall

cabotpantherman

Do we know if the Cabot and Jax game is  still on for 3-21 date?

godfather07

Good news for Jacksonville they dont have to play Searcy again this year...bad news is they still have Sylvan Hills and Jonesboro...

Don't forget this is a baseball forum...

powerlifter90

Quote from: Dat Chedda on March 20, 2006, 08:00:01 pm
jacksonville's backfield is gonna be nuthin without an o-line...so actually the bad news is on yall
even with a line of 9th graders they will beat Searcy

Quote from: cabotpantherman on March 20, 2006, 08:40:36 pm
Do we know if the Cabot and Jax game is still on for 3-21 date?
Cabot and Jax play on Sept 1 at Jax

Quote from: godfather07 on March 20, 2006, 09:23:33 pm
Good news for Jacksonville they dont have to play Searcy again this year...bad news is they still have Sylvan Hills and Jonesboro...

Don't forget this is a baseball forum...
who cares what kind of "forum" it is Searcy's baseball team is decent, wont win the conf, their football team will be just like last year

HSUball2

yes, the Jacksonville BASEBALL team is still scheduled to play Cabot on 3-21 they havent made an announcement yet so its still on

HSUball2

GoldenLion30

powerlifter90

bring the bats..................

Dat Chedda

March 21, 2006, 01:41:06 pm #223 Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:43:01 pm by Dat Chedda
Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 21, 2006, 06:27:18 am
Quote from: Dat Chedda on March 20, 2006, 08:00:01 pm
even with a line of 9th graders they will beat Searcy

ok you can think all you want but the Searcy vs. Jax (football) game will be a pretty good game...now back to the baseball topics

powerlifter90

If I was from Searcy I wouldn't want to talk football either....................

HSUball2

well this is a baseball forum and after the Searcy Jacksonville baseball game i dont wanna talk about that so lets not get them started

WBF †

Yeah news is that Kyle West is out...so that means one big bat, one good arm,a nd a good player is out of the lineup.... whats yalls picks? ....i pick JAX in two close ones.

cabotpantherman

We swept MH at MH without Kwest. he did play 3 days later against LR Hall. I didnt know he was out for the jax game.

WBF †

Dat Chedda

and what exactly DID you do BUGEATERS in the Searcy vs. Jax game?

HSUball2

bugeaters is a parent of a jacksonville baseball player, but if he was playin he would hit 4 hrs im sure, right kurt?

football0622

powerlifter90

Quote from: baseballkid9 on March 22, 2006, 08:43:30 am
bugeaters is a parent of a jacksonville baseball player, but if he was playin he would hit 4 hrs im sure, right kurt?

don't know about the HR's, but nobody would cross home plate if I was playin catcher, it wouldn't matter if I had the ball or not     ;)

Quote from: Dat Chedda on March 21, 2006, 11:18:43 pm
and what exactly DID you do BUGEATERS in the Searcy vs. Jax game?

I sat and watched a "decent" Searcy team beat a Jax team that had a case of the nerves or was intimidated or something.  Don't hang your hat on that one game, it was the worst game Jax played thus far.  And don't confuse me as some "homer" that thinks everything is grand in Jax, I see what probs our players have in their game and I'm not afraid to offer a little "advice" every now and then.  You don't get better or learn anything if everyone tells you you are the greatest, I haven't seen anyone that doesn't have strengths and weaknesses.
'

WestMemphis3

how did the searcy vs jacksonville games end up?

JvilleDevils

powerlifter90

Jax v Searcy was something like 7-2 and 8-0

HSUball2

it was 8-5 and 8-0 cabot also swept us and the scores were 9-3 and 8-4. what kind of connference record do u think we will have to have to go to state?

GoldenLion30

So much for the predictions on the poll..................we lost.

football0622

your gonna have to be at least 8-6 or 7-7

powerlifter90

0-4 now

split with JHS   1-5
sweep MH        3-5
sweep FC         5-5
split with SH     6-6
split with WM    7-7

you are going to have to play better than last night, you could have beat Cabot, but you could tell from the 1st game when Cabot went ahead Jax was done.  Too many "dumb" errors (everyone makes mistakes, but dropped fly balls, bad throws in the IF etc are not acceptable at this level)  way too many people not giving 100% ALL the time, inconsistent hitting, runs that should be bunted in, runners that should be advanced anyway possible, too many people trying to win the game with one hit, etc, etc, etc............. 
Jax, guys, you are a "small ball" team, get singles and take the extra base hits when they come, advance runners by slapping, bunting, suicide squeeze plays, stealing, etc.  Go with the averages, you don't have ANYONE that could be classified as a "power hitter" so take what you get and be happy.  When Cabot ran out of pitching, you guys had 1 out, and bases loaded down by 2 and didn't freakin score (note to team:  if I were your coach each and every one of you would have bunting practice till your hands bled, geez how freakin hard is it, catch the ball with the bat, duh)   Get it through your head that you can beat teams like Cabot, Searcy, JHS, and SH, you guys have almost lost the game before it begins, you can tell by how you act and re-act to certain situations.   You played pretty good against Beebe the other night, I realize the level of comp isn't up there with Cabot, but just the way you executed was allot higher too.  Come on, pull your heads out, I know you are tired of this crap, and I'm tired of seeing kids I know can play go out and look as bad as you did last night.

cabotpantherman

Is it true Searcy starts only 1 senior. Bugeater do you know? We only have 3 seniors on the team and that is kwest (catcher) Chris Gross (1st base) and left field Tyler Flemming. The amazing thing Kwest hasnt hit the long ball yet. Chris gross has 2, Daryl murphy (3rd) has 2, Collin fuller 1 and Sam bates soph (ss) has 1

Dat Chedda

that's all our team has is 1 senior

powerlifter90

Quote from: Dat Chedda on March 24, 2006, 12:14:32 pm
that's all our team has is 1 senior

kwest needs to get his timing back, when he does, OMG!!

where is he going to play college ball at?

WBF †

yeah we intentionally walked him for what reason during the game? he had a soft ground ball the whole night....idk? We didnt play like we shouldve...Seth picthed a very good 2nd game until the end. Just weren't together and weren't focused enough!  Hopefully we can sweep JB to get back in the chase.

cabotpantherman

I'm sure he will play college ball somewhere. That is kwest. I can promise you one thing when he blocks home plate noone will run over him.

WBF †

even if they did, its pretty much against the rules with the "blues" we have these days. He hasnt shown me anything this year except a great arm....and what are the odds of meeting kyle at home plate when he has the ball?

powerlifter90

Quote from: jaxdevil#10 on March 27, 2006, 12:45:08 pm
even if they did, its pretty much against the rules with the "blues" we have these days. He hasnt shown me anything this year except a great arm....and what are the odds of meeting kyle at home plate when he has the ball?
kwest has been sick (flu) and injured (hurt shoulder) most of this year.  I watched him play all of last legion season with Gwatney (Jax) and he is the "real deal".  When he gets his timing back he should be hitting as expected.  Hopefully his timing won't come back until legion ball as he will be playing with Gwatney again this year.

WBF †

hahaha. Jacksonville loses again. JB 8-0 in two games. Is playoff contention out of sight? What's the main problems?

powerlifter90

NO!...........................NO!......................may I emphasize   NO!   hitting............. worst display of hitting the ball I've ever seen.  Who-ever is your hitting coach needs to give back his pay check, heck you guys can't even bunt the d$mn ball.  Improper hand position, legs stiff, hands not relaxed, no follow through, I know most of you guys learned better technique in little league.   You can't tell me that when you get to this level each and every player on that team can't lay down a decent bunt.   You guys aren't aggressive by any means, and allot of you go to the plate with the "I hope I don't strike out" mind frame instead of the "I need to hit it here, or I'm going to get a hit".   Baseball is so mental, if you are not "thinking correctly" you have no chance of succeeding, you get behind and you guys know you don't hit well enough to catch up.   The coaches need to put you in a position to win a game too.  Leaving a pitcher in when he's obviously struggling or has pitched his limit is stupid.   Know your players well enough that you don't over extend them.  You have some very good pitchers, but none of them can go past 3 or 4 innings, most are good for two, that's coaching.  Jax's pitchers don't use their lower half enough, they throw all arm and shoulder, so they get tired easier.  OK, well don't try to make them throw a CG, see how they are doing after two, check the pitch count, and either pull them or keep them for one more, simple baseball.   Another thing is simple, dumb mistakes, outs that should be made, not getting done.  Base running boo-boos, etc, etc, etc.   The fundamentals are missing guys, get back to the basics.   
The season is not over, and the playoffs are still within reach, but you guys, the players, need to sit down, have a team meeting and decide what you want to do for the remainder of the year.  One last thing is I don't want to hear we are young, we only have one sr.  If you guys don't correct the things I've mentioned here, next year won't be any better.

fastdrop

west memphis joined the club last night...lol...12-2....so we took spring break off again this year....and was not ready to play last night...got swept by cabot.....I bet my bottom dollar that if the football team was playing Cabot in football we would of made room in our schedule to practise to get ready for them...I know for a fact our football team practised on thanksgiving day last year...it just makes me sick....well...heck...i guess that is all...except i feel your pain

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas