• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh boy.. That was bad.

Started by kwwolves2012, September 07, 2013, 01:39:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kwwolves2012

Where do I start?

Wynne looked terrible. The state powerhouse of last year is now a dweller of the conference they dominated last year.. ( except Camden ).

The good:

The defense held up for the first quarter. A handful of nice runs.

The bad:

The defense ultimately was unable to stop Marion's option attack and gave up 28 points. Our "high scoring attack" from coach Hill BARELY pulled off 27 points. 14 of which was given to us by Marion mistakes. Special teams.. Well hmm, not bad I suppose. Kicker has a very weak leg, but made the extra points and caused a Patriot turnover on a kick off.

The ugly:

Everything else...
The play calling was horrendous. Nothing but deep sideline routes and draw plays. No slants, I think one crossing route? #3 was always on the run or getting sacked. Receivers would stroll casually down the field not looking for the ball and that would leave the QB staring down the ONLY route that was being run. Dropped passes all over the place. The QB made terrible, I mean terrible throws all night. Every pass was behind the receiver or thrown into coverage. The offensive line would give him plenty of time on occasion and he would just step back and wait on Marion to read his eyes on where he was throwing the ball. You have to throw the ball before the receivers come open, he would wait till they were 10 yards behind the defense and usually it was just too late. Marion played a pretty simple zone all game. It doesn't matter if he is new, you can't tell me there isn't one guy on their roster that can not play better than that. The defense was pretty decent for a while; however, when you're on the field too long, especially playing the option, you get worn down. 

ricefarmer

You're gona make CHiP mad - I mean coach Hill.

86jacketstchamps

This is a young team that will get better each week.  Marion is a 6A school and always plays Wynne tough.  Wynne will be just fine and the mistakes will get corrected and this team will be tough to handle come conference time.   Which is when the real season starts.  Go Jackets!!

RD™

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 07, 2013, 01:39:12 am

The state powerhouse of last year
I'm sorry I couldn't stop laughing after I read this.

GuvHog

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on September 07, 2013, 08:53:59 am
This is a young team that will get better each week.  Marion is a 6A school and always plays Wynne tough.  Wynne will be just fine and the mistakes will get corrected and this team will be tough to handle come conference time.   Which is when the real season starts.  Go Jackets!!

Let's be honest here. Marion is a weak 6A school that would compete a little better in the 5A Classification. There is absolutely no way in the world Wynne should've lost that game.

Uncle Ivan

September 07, 2013, 01:31:01 pm #5 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:34:40 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: RD on September 07, 2013, 09:06:36 am

I can't stop laughing either whenever I see that cross-eyed retard by the name of Rick Jones. 

Tell that worthless moron to fix his teeth, and then keel over.  It would be poetic justice.

Uncle Ivan

#3 was always on the run or getting sacked. Receivers would stroll casually down the field not looking for the ball and that would leave the QB staring down the ONLY route that was being run. Dropped passes all over the place. The QB made terrible, I mean terrible throws all night. Every pass was behind the receiver or thrown into coverage. The offensive line would give him plenty of time on occasion and he would just step back and wait on Marion to read his eyes on where he was throwing the ball. You have to throw the ball before the receivers come open, he would wait till they were 10 yards behind the defense and usually it was just too late. Marion played a pretty simple zone all game. It doesn't matter if he is new, you can't tell me there isn't one guy on their roster that can not play better than that.

This is what happens when you play two QB's - one who is clearly better than the other - to justify being buddies with the parents of one of them, ultimately disrupt your offense with the endless switching out of the two, and then run off both of them. 

You're stuck with using a kid who's never played the position before to run your offense.

Say, is Van Paschal still interested in the job?

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on September 07, 2013, 09:37:07 am

Let's be honest here. Marion is a weak 6A school that would compete a little better in the 5A Classification. There is absolutely no way in the world Wynne should've lost that game.

BINGO !!!! WYNNE should own Marn.....No excuse for losing to a fraud 6A school like Marn.

kwwolves2012

Yes they are young. There's no denying that. The problems lay more on effort and coaching. Play calling is not something that will just "get fixed" and neither will effort. There was no fire that we grew accustomed to from last year.

User870

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 07, 2013, 01:31:01 pm

I can't stop laughing either whenever I see that cross-eyed retard by the name of Rick Jones. 

Tell that worthless moron to fix his teeth, and then keel over.  It would be poetic justice.

I usually laugh at most things you say, but this is pathetic Ivan.  You need to check some things out in life before you talk about people.  Are you that miserable?

sevenof400

One of Wynne or Vilonia is going to feel a bit better about things late this coming Friday. 
I'm not sure the confidence gained by either will be merited over the long haul.  Time will tell.

The_Pioneer

I usually laugh at most things you say, but this is pathetic Ivan.  You need to check some things out in life before you talk about people.  Are you that miserable?

Have you been to Wynne???

ricefarmer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 07, 2013, 01:38:10 pm
#3 was always on the run or getting sacked. Receivers would stroll casually down the field not looking for the ball and that would leave the QB staring down the ONLY route that was being run. Dropped passes all over the place. The QB made terrible, I mean terrible throws all night. Every pass was behind the receiver or thrown into coverage. The offensive line would give him plenty of time on occasion and he would just step back and wait on Marion to read his eyes on where he was throwing the ball. You have to throw the ball before the receivers come open, he would wait till they were 10 yards behind the defense and usually it was just too late. Marion played a pretty simple zone all game. It doesn't matter if he is new, you can't tell me there isn't one guy on their roster that can not play better than that.

This is what happens when you play two QB's - one who is clearly better than the other - to justify being buddies with the parents of one of them, ultimately disrupt your offense with the endless switching out of the two, and then run off both of them. 

You're stuck with using a kid who's never played the position before to run your offense.

Say, is Van Paschal still interested in the job?
Interesting.  Very seldom do I agree with UI.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 07, 2013, 01:31:01 pm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas