• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola @ Charleston

Started by CHSTigersFan, November 17, 2017, 09:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins?

Charleston
36 (36.7%)
Osceola
55 (56.1%)
Who cares it's the Friday after Thanksgiving!
7 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 09:45:41 pm

501Arkansas

Quote from: Wildcat Football on November 21, 2017, 11:37:15 am
Osceola was 2-8 last year, and 10-2 this year.  What's been the difference in the turnaround this year? Change in scheme, coaching, new players, that is a pretty dramatic turnaround in one year.
Same team just different coach and added 1 player who didnt play last year which was number 3

flow51

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 21, 2017, 04:15:46 pm
Same team just different coach and added 1 player who didnt play last year which was number 3

Why didn't 3 play last year? Just curious...

Paperman

There are others who didn't play last year! #33 plus the sophomores! #3 was ineligible in the fall semester last year! Missed football and early basketball games!

501Arkansas

ISU7

CapnObvious

Chuck 38 Noles 28 ., We have a kicker ...

ISU7

Quote from: CapnObvious on November 21, 2017, 07:54:44 pm
Chuck 38 Noles 28 ., We have a kicker ...
Wow 12 fg's and a 2pt drop kick. Lol. 🏈🏃

WPWells

Just saw this thread and some people who don't know anything about statistical modeling trying to act as if they do...

DogCatcher

After the way Osceola handled Prescott, the O wins this too.

ISU7

Quote from: WPWells on November 21, 2017, 09:55:46 pm
Just saw this thread and some people who don't know anything about statistical modeling trying to act as if they do...
so who wins this one 12th man ;D 8)

Skip Baymore

November 21, 2017, 11:47:06 pm #160 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:04:25 am by Skip Baymore

The stats are fun to look at sometimes when you have a couple of very good teams playing.  Usually, they don't mean a whole lot when the teams get on the field against each other, even if the statistical modeling is accurate (statistically).  But Chucktown by 50 because Osceola is better than Barton prob. wouldn't follow any statistical model either.  This should be a great game.  There is no way I would have said this a couple of weeks ago, but I think Osceola wins in a close one.  But whoever wins this game might, IMO, be a slight favorite to win it all this year. Unless they get beaten in the semis.  March Madness continues.

Moose

Please elaborate and give us your take.

Jimbo Morphis

Coltfan2005

Moose

Well WP, The Old and Colt have spoken, you better not say anything...

Hawg N GA

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 21, 2017, 11:10:44 am
We will be there

You didn't show up for a home game and this being a holiday weekend, I doubt you show up again...

Leo Marvin

I watched all of Newport's games this year.  Anything can happen on any given Friday night, but Osceola was by far the best team we played all year.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hawg N GA on November 22, 2017, 05:48:50 pm
You didn't show up for a home game and this being a holiday weekend, I doubt you show up again...
I have been at every game this year so what are you talking about? Lol

FBGFDRUM

Charleston wins in overtime.

Yes, I said overtime.

WPWells

I wasn't talking about specifically modeling this game. Just about processes and such

Oh and I don't know enough about either team to make a solid prediction. A quick glance over the stats and a scrabbled-together spreadsheet said Charleston by 5 so that's what we're going with.

gold45

So many are betting against the Tigers and that's just fine.  Cause who cares who bets for or against a team so long as that team wins.  And I'm saying right here TIGERS WIN!!!  Go Tigers!!

Red Devil Dad

Gold if he Tigers play like they did against my Red Devils earlier this year no one will beat them.  Good luck Friday night and who knows, with a little luck maybe Atkins can get a rematch before Christmas. 

incogneto

How dare anyone think that Osceola can play with the mighty Charlestown? 

This is a miniature Camden vs Greenwood and we all know that Rick Jones is Buck James kryptonite. The question is does that carry down to Kendrick and Hooks? 

I haven't seen either team so I don't have a pick but the ego from the Charleston fan base is hilarious especially considering they are accusing the Osceola fans of having an ego.  This should be a good game unless Charlestown happens to have a phantom electrical issue again. 

gold45

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 22, 2017, 10:11:05 pm
Gold if he Tigers play like they did against my Red Devils earlier this year no one will beat them.  Good luck Friday night and who knows, with a little luck maybe Atkins can get a rematch before Christmas.

Would love for that rematch to happen!  Will be pulling for the Red Devils Friday night!  Proud of our conference!

gold45

Quote from: incogneto on November 23, 2017, 09:15:51 am

This is a miniature Camden vs Greenwood and we all know that Rick Jones is Buck James kryptonite. The question is does that carry down to Kendrick and Hooks? 

I haven't seen either team so I don't have a pick but the ego from the Charleston fan base is hilarious especially considering they are accusing the Osceola fans of having an ego.  This should be a good game unless Charlestown happens to have a phantom electrical issue again.

It's called confidence in your team and expecting them to win no matter who they are playing.  I'm quite certain Osceola and Charleston both feel that way about their teams.  They should!  Both teams are good!

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: incogneto on November 23, 2017, 09:15:51 am

You think Charleston fans have an ego? Wow, I can tell you haven't been around Prescott posters very much.

BAMA#16

I'm looking forward to this one, should be a great game, CHS can't have over a hundred yards in penalties though.

Hawg N GA

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 22, 2017, 06:12:55 pm
I have been at every game this year so what are you talking about? Lol

The "you" being a collective term for your fans, not specifically YOU....  Was really hoping your team would win but now I hope Charleston runs your butts into the ground

Hawg N GA

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 23, 2017, 12:50:47 pm

You think Charleston fans have an ego? Wow, I can tell you haven't been around Prescott posters very much.

Or Glen Rose

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Hawg N GA on November 23, 2017, 09:59:21 pm
The "you" being a collective term for your fans, not specifically YOU....  Was really hoping your team would win but now I hope Charleston runs your butts into the ground

I call bs

ISU7

;D ;D

501Arkansas

😂

Paperman

ISU7

Today im going with the votes as of now to be the score
Noles 45
Tigers 33

NEark tigers

Let's go Northeast Arkansas.....

Noles by 8

Hawg N GA

BigMan15

501Arkansas

Osceola 35
Charleston 20

Lets go seminoles

BigBallerBrand223

This game have a live stream?

Donnie Jamon

Can someone post scores asap for this game? 

501Arkansas

Osceola 0
Charleston 7
8:20 left in the first quarter

Block punk

501Arkansas

Osceola 7
Charleston 7

6:15 in the first

Donnie Jamon

501Arkansas

Osceola 7
Charleston 14

5:56 left in the first quarter

Mister Fister

Looks like a shootout in the making

501Arkansas

Osceola 7
Charleston 14
End of the first osceola has the ball 2nd and goal on the 2 yard line

501Arkansas

False start called on osceola after having ball on the one. Osceola 10 charleston 14 10:55 left till halftime

501Arkansas

Osceola 17
Charleston 14

58 yard punt return for osceola

8:03 left in the 2nd quarter

OB11

How many field goals has Osceola kicked this year?

Donnie Jamon

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas