• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atkins @ Elkins Round 2!!!

Started by bigfootelk14, November 11, 2017, 12:24:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfootelk14

Alright, thoughts on this match up?

Red Devil Dad

I've never watched Elkins play but I understand they like pass. That could give Atkins some problems.  The Devils have gotten plenty in INT's this season but they have also given up some big pass plays.  Atkins does have a good dline that will get after a QB.  I think the game will be won or lost in the trenches and how much pressure they can get on the QB.   Offensively, I think Atkins will be fine.  They have a good run and pass game and can move the ball on most teams.  This should be a good game that could be decided in the 4th or who has the ball last. 

CoolBreeze

I agree that this should be a good game between two solid teams. May they play hard and injury-free.

TruthHurts

I've watched both teams play this year. Elkins is the better team. Elkins will be a tough out in round 2.

friscokid

Atkins is completely dominant against the run, but pass coverage could be its Achilles heel. That was the only way Yellville moved the ball (besides penalties). The Red Devils will have to rush the Elkins QB effectively and not lose contain.

TruthHurts

Don't let Elkins being from Region 1 fool you. They are a good football team. I know Clinton beat them in regular season but they are hard to match up against because they can score in so many ways.

Red Devil Dad

Take my word for it no one in Atkins is taking Elkins for granted regardless of their conference.  For the Elkins QB sake I hope Elkins has a good oline or it will be a rough night for him, Atkins dline can get after a QB.  I do think Elkins will find some success passing but I think the pass rush will limit how much time he has.   

Red Devil Dad

Does Elkins live stream their games?

whippersnapper

Not that I know of. I will either be at this game or PG tomorrow night. If at this one I will update as much as possible.

Red Devil Dad

Thanks, I don't know if I'm going to be able to go but will be listening on the radio. 

athletic supporter

I'll update after every quarter on Facebook

Red Devil Dad

Listening on the radio, sounds like the Devils showed up to play. 

friscokid

Atkins up 21-6 1:03 first quarter. Elkins tried onside kick after scoring, Red Devils scored on one play.

bulldog

friscokid

This game is quite the barnburner. What is the Atkins record for most combined points in a game?

Red Devil Dad

4 years ago we lost a game 72 to 69.  This one not there yet but yes a barn burner

friscokid

November 17, 2017, 09:54:49 pm #16 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:56:34 pm by friscokid
Probably going to come down to who can recover an onsides kick.

Never mind, Devils stopped them on the 3 with 2:58 left.

friscokid

Red Devil Dad

athletic supporter

A great game played by two very good teams. The stands were full on both sides. It was a great high school football atmosphere. Thanks to Elkins for the hospitality. I was thoroughly impressed. You have some very good players. #30 and #22 stood out to me on offense and #88 stood out on defense. I hate it that someone had to lose, but that's why they play the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas