• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport at Glen Rose

Started by Navynuke, November 05, 2017, 12:22:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip Baymore

November 08, 2017, 11:16:47 pm #50 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:34:33 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: SR30 on November 08, 2017, 04:37:55 pm
Nobody else around to call it on. The receiver pulled our defender down by the back of the jersey so I don't think it was on him but hey.. it's GR and we cheat I guess...

Just be glad he didn't lose it for a second and return it for a pick 6.   That would have drawn several more penalties.  (And it sounds like it might have been called back anyway).   I bet he thinks he'd like to be out there and thinks he could dominate.  I think GR will be too much for the Hounds this week though.  Gonna say GR by 20.

flow51

You guys are delusional... Half of GR sees what everyone else sees and the other half is delusional. First of all the reciever was in front of the defender so I don't know how he could pull him down. Second he caught the ball and ref wasn't in a position to make the call so he called it incomplete. He told me that when I questioned him after the game. But hey ill be the first to admit that Prescott was outplayed that night. The part most don't like about GR is the classless act that is taught to the players by the coaching staff. When a teenage kid flips off the opposing crowd and is encouraged and congratulated by the coaches for doing it... That's what gives GR the negative vibe. Like it or not half of GR sees it and half are still delusional about it. Same goes for the school board, split half and half on Kenner.

Wrestlingbeaver13

Quote from: flow51 on November 09, 2017, 08:29:11 am
You guys are delusional... Half of GR sees what everyone else sees and the other half is delusional. First of all the reciever was in front of the defender so I don't know how he could pull him down. Second he caught the ball and ref wasn't in a position to make the call so he called it incomplete. He told me that when I questioned him after the game. But hey ill be the first to admit that Prescott was outplayed that night. The part most don't like about GR is the classless act that is taught to the players by the coaching staff. When a teenage kid flips off the opposing crowd and is encouraged and congratulated by the coaches for doing it... That's what gives GR the negative vibe. Like it or not half of GR sees it and half are still delusional about it. Same goes for the school board, split half and half on Kenner.
Been here for a couple years now.  People like flow51 are just especially upset.  Dont know what the vendetta is against Kehner and the staff at glen rose.  He must have turned down their school. I dont know.  Face it you dont like him because he teaches his team to be physical. He tells it like it is, no sugar coating anything.  He believes  in playing with an edge,  chip on the shoulder.  So take your especially upset down the road.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wrestlingbeaver13 on November 09, 2017, 09:18:12 am
Been here for a couple years now.  People like flow51 are just especially upset.  Dont know what the vendetta is against Kehner and the staff at glen rose.  He must have turned down their school. I dont know.  Face it you dont like him because he teaches his team to be physical. He tells it like it is, no sugar coating anything.  He believes  in playing with an edge,  chip on the shoulder.  So take your especially upset down the road.
If my son flipped off the opposing crowd he would get a first hand lesson in what an edge and a chip on the shoulder is.

Wrestlingbeaver13

Quote from: Oldman on November 09, 2017, 09:20:25 am
If my son flipped off the opposing crowd he would get a first hand lesson in what an edge and a chip on the shoulder is.
personally havent seen a player flip off the crowd.  So idk

Moose

Neither have I.  Knowing what I know about the coaching staff, I don't see any of them condoning that behavior at all.  It's really a farce to even spread that sort of propaganda.

flow51

Of course yall haven't... Are you sitting on the opposing side at a GR game? I'm not upset about anything. I personally know Kenher and and know how he coaches. You don't have to explain it to me, I work with guys from Malvern/glen rose/traskwood. I see what I hear and hear what I see!

flow51

Quote from: Moose on November 09, 2017, 09:31:01 am
Neither have I.  Knowing what I know about the coaching staff, I don't see any of them condoning that behavior at all.  It's really a farce to even spread that sort of propaganda.

You don't know much about the staff then

flow51

Quote from: Oldman on November 09, 2017, 09:20:25 am

Exactly. +1

camo5257

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Newport won in an upset. That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised if Newport got blown out. I think this one lies in how GR's secondary plays. I'm going with Glen Rose by 14

Moose

I'll put it this way.  I've seen seen players get their rear ends chewed out for much less by Kehner and the other coaches.  So you are telling us that you have personally seen the condoning, congratulating, etc.  of a student-athlete flipping off the crowd?   I'm not saying it didn't happen, it very well might have, I have no idea.  I am saying that the coaching staff is not condoning this type of behavior.  Spread your hate elsewhere Flow and take your own advice and concentrate on Piggott. 

SR30

The flipping off is a joke. The kid they are saying did it is a senior Capitan, a top of the line young man who I've never heard say a curse word in his life. And I have personally known this young man and his family since he was 10 years
Old. Gr of old was a rough bunch I will admit that. I have heard Kehner and his staff in in the boys butts quite often. And yes they may use some colorful language. He is an old school coach trying to teach men raised by a bunch of snowflakes. Look at his record and it speaks for itself. He has only had one losing season since taking over the program. The next year after the losing season the team makes it to the 3rd round of playoffs, the next season the semi finals. People like flow are just upset in his style. You may not like the man but you can't argue his style wins ballgames. So go flow your hatred somewhere else and quit being truly upset because your team has to pass through JC and Charleston this year..

flow51

;D no hatred here 30. Just telling it like others see it. If y'all get past Newport... Good luck against McGehee! They will be a handful! Go Beavers! No one wants to see you guys again more than I do!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on November 09, 2017, 10:00:51 am
The flipping off is a joke. The kid they are saying did it is a senior Capitan, a top of the line young man who I've never heard say a curse word in his life. And I have personally known this young man and his family since he was 10 years
Old. Gr of old was a rough bunch I will admit that. I have heard Kehner and his staff in in the boys butts quite often. And yes they may use some colorful language. He is an old school coach trying to teach men raised by a bunch of snowflakes. Look at his record and it speaks for itself. He has only had one losing season since taking over the program. The next year after the losing season the team makes it to the 3rd round of playoffs, the next season the semi finals. People like flow are just upset in his style. You may not like the man but you can't argue his style wins ballgames. So go flow your hatred somewhere else and quit being truly upset because your team has to pass through JC and Charleston this year..
Personally I have no problem with a coach using colorful language. I want a good coach not a role model. Its my job to be my kid's role model.

2010Tigerhaz-been

someone explain how a kid flipping off the crowd is the coach's fault? You should know that's unacceptable long before you reach the high school level. Coaches are not the ones raising that kid. You are spitting your venom in the wrong direction.

Wrestlingbeaver13

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 09, 2017, 10:41:11 am
someone explain how a kid flipping off the crowd is the coach's fault? You should know that's unacceptable long before you reach the high school level. Coaches are not the ones raising that kid. You are spitting your venom in the wrong direction.
BOOM! THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE! LOL!
OR IS IT +1

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 09, 2017, 10:41:11 am
If you had been paying attention to the thread, you would know that it was not the fact that the kid (allegedly) flipped off the crowd that the poster blamed on the coach, but that the coaching staff seemed to approve of his behavior. Believe me, if that occurred, then it WAS the coaches' fault.

flow51

November 09, 2017, 10:53:49 am #67 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:56:13 am by flow51
I don't think anyone said it was their fault. I said that it was the encouraging and congratulating by the coaches that was the problem. I agree that the kid should know better but when it is accepted he thinks that it is "ok". I'm done with the topic and moving on. Should have known i woke up in a hatred mood.  ::)

Read it all people, not just the bits and pieces you want to hear!!

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 09, 2017, 10:49:51 am
If you had been paying attention to the thread, you would know that it was not the fact that the kid (allegedly) flipped off the crowd that the poster blamed on the coach, but that the coaching staff seemed to approve of his behavior. Believe me, if that occurred, then it WAS the coaches' fault.

Did the coaches see it? Cause some people here say they didn't see it at all. Do we have video of the coach patting the kid on the back as he runs backwards to the sideline, middle finger still pointed at the opposing crowd?

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: flow51 on November 09, 2017, 10:53:49 am
I don't think anyone said it was their fault. I said that it was the encouraging and congratulating by the coaches that was the problem. I agree that the kid should know better but when it is accepted he thinks that it is "ok". I'm done with the topic and moving on. Should have known i woke up in a hatred mood.  ::)

Read it all people, not just the bits and pieces you want to hear!!

Interesting how you call for attention to detail yet are perfectly content with anonymously cruicifying a guy who isn't here to defend himself without knowing all the details yourself  ???

Linebacker

I don't think Prescott fans are gonna be the ones mad after Friday night! Beaver fans gonna be the ones crying after this week ;D Newport gonna smack them big tooth beaver right in the mouth! ;D Newport will beat glen rose and their referees! Newport wins 28-14!

SR30

You sure about that linebacker? I hear that is a car driving around Newport with Go Beavers because they know who is going to win Friday night LOL

Coltfan2005

Actually the sticker says "Got Beavers?"

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on November 09, 2017, 10:00:51 am
Sooo I guess I'm not invited to your tailgate next week?

Linebacker

I think so sr30! If Newport does what they usually do on offense? Glen rose is weak up the middle on defense. Newport runs the ball well up the middle. If glen rose can't stop Newport from running up the middle and they get decent referees that are neutral Newport should win! But with that being said the game is at glen rose! They like to call holding a lot.

beaverfan007

I can assure you if any player from gr flipped off the visitor sideline or fans they'd probably run till they puked the following Monday

Linebacker

It won't matter how unsportsmanlike glen rose is come Friday night! ;D Newport will smack them right in the mouth! I hear there is a Newport flag flying in glen rose today! ;Dlol

SR30

Backer I think u are watching the wrong GR. We have some of the best DT in 3A... but we will let the hounds see for themselves Friday night. Go ahead and try the middle..

Linebacker

Some of the best? You sure about senior 30? Lol

Moose

SR, this guy hasn't a clue whats about to happen.

Linebacker

I've heard all about what will happen. Newport will have to beat glen rose and their referees. Right?? Then glen rose will hold up a finger to the crowd so they will know there #1 right? Then glen rose will steal all of Newport's balls? Is that it? Lol

Leo Marvin

It sounds like the Hounds are playing against the 85' Bears this Friday.  Might as well not even show up.

SR30

Ummm no Newport can keep their greyhound balls.. and we can see you are a well versed poster.. I mean I'm sure you know the AAA assigns the refs right?? And GR is about to punch your OL right in the mouth. I can personally vouch for that.

Moose

These are either green Newport fans, or some duped accounts made to agitate.  You guys want to give us your score predictions?  Lol

Linebacker

I'm not a from Newport or a Newport fan. I'm from south Arkansas. Played linebacker in the 90s for high school and college. Glen rose is week at defense in the middle. They are strong everywhere else. I see a weakness there. Newport wins this one if they pound up the middle. If referees don't get influenced by glen rose and holding calls don't get carried away with.

blackcat23

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 09, 2017, 11:13:50 am
Interesting how you call for attention to detail yet are perfectly content with anonymously cruicifying a guy who isn't here to defend himself without knowing all the details yourself  ???
+1!!!

Moose

Quote from: Linebacker on November 09, 2017, 07:07:16 pm
I'm not a from Newport or a Newport fan. I'm from south Arkansas. Played linebacker in the 90s for high school and college. Glen rose is week at defense in the middle. They are strong everywhere else. I see a weakness there. Newport wins this one if they pound up the middle. If referees don't get influenced by glen rose and holding calls don't get carried away with.

Well, I noticed you didn't deny being the latter.  I have to disagree with your assessment.  BTW how many GR games have you seen this year?  Nobody complains about the referees this much before the game even occurs... Flow?  Is that you?  HA!

flow51

Its not me. This is the only account I have... Plus I said I was done with you clowns. I think y'all will handle Newport. I have GR going out in round 2 to the Owls! Good luck on the field and trying to figure out this linebacker cat!

Linebacker

Who is flow? I'm not denying, I'm telling you like I see it. I've played a lot of football. I've seen 4 games glen rose has played. They have a good team over all. If Newport pounds the ball up the middle they will find success. They will get 3-5 yards almost every play. Every team has a weakness?

Moose

Quote from: Linebacker on November 09, 2017, 08:32:46 pm
Who is flow? I'm not denying, I'm telling you like I see it. I've played a lot of football. I've seen 4 games glen rose has played. They have a good team over all. If Newport pounds the ball up the middle they will find success. They will get 3-5 yards almost every play. Every team has a weakness?

Good luck with that game plan!  We'll see tomorrow!

Linebacker

I don't have a game plan bud! I'm not there coach. I'm just giving my assessment of how to beat glen rose. I'm not a fan of either team to be honest.  ;D

big lefty

Glen Rose is pretty stout up the middle its the sweeps that I think gets em.

SR30

Pretty sure #74 will take care of the middle.. along with 56 n 57

sprained ankle

beaverfan007

Gr has pretty good run defense

Gr3yhounds

I don't know who this Linebacker guy is, but I have watched Glen Rose play and watch all of their film well most of it and I can almost guarantee that the middle is sealed tight. Newports best bet is to get to the outside and try and make quick short plays because Glen Rose will come out and hit them in the mouth and they have to decide if they want to quit or keep fighting. Newport is the best 5th seed and Glen Rose is one of the best 1st seeds it should be an interesting game deciding which Newport team shows up.

camo5257

Quote from: Linebacker on November 09, 2017, 07:07:16 pm
If 44 is in the game, i'll be surprised if they do anything but pound it up the middle

Lions84

bigman5570

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 10, 2017, 08:13:46 am
Gr has pretty good run defense
Yea, not sure where the idea of them being soft up the middle comes from. They've stuffed folks all year.

KOJACK

Kinda funny how all these folks think that Newport, a 5 seed, is gonna go in to Gr and win. Don't get me wrong, if Gr plays uninspired it'll be a game, but if they come out ready to play it will be a clocker.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas