• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport at Glen Rose

Started by Navynuke, November 05, 2017, 12:22:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomer

Little late to the party, I've been laying low on the board this season. My thoughts are Newport has the ability to make this a dogfight tonight if Glen Rose comes out flat (see week 2 &3). If Glen Rose plays up to their ability, We will get to host Oldman and McGhee round 2. But just to ruffle some feathers, the whole Kehner thing is beating a dead horse. If he condones or does half of the things that some of you accuse him of, the man would not have a job. Period. Let's get real. He is animated, loud, and super competitive which can easily rub people the wrong way when your on the wrong end of the scoreboard. But the guy can coach and the parents and kids love him. He's a good guy. The man is a football coach, not a saint and i assure you, he guides and teaches these young men the right way on a daily basis. Also, never thought i would see a Charleston poster come to the defense of GR after the wars on the field and the board! Appreciate it!

rayzorbackfan

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 09, 2017, 10:41:11 am
someone explain how a kid flipping off the crowd is the coach's fault? You should know that's unacceptable long before you reach the high school level. Coaches are not the ones raising that kid. You are spitting your venom in the wrong direction.
So you are saying that there was a lack of parenting more than a lack of proper standards being set by the coaching. So when a Beaver player gets ejected for punching a game official who caries the most blame. The Head Coach or Father since in this case it happens to be the same person.   

SR30

Man you folks have to dig back in the archives to come up with this stuff

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2017, 11:54:11 am
Kinda funny how all these folks think that Newport, a 5 seed, is gonna go in to Gr and win. Don't get me wrong, if Gr plays uninspired it'll be a game, but if they come out ready to play it will be a clocker.
It might have something to do with the fact that the Greyhounds have already defeated one 1-seed this year.

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2017, 01:17:32 pm
It might have something to do with the fact that the Greyhounds have already defeated one 1-seed this year.
Yep...kinda tells a little about that conference. At least it does to me.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2017, 01:23:21 pm
Yep...kinda tells a little about that conference. At least it does to me.
That it's a conference that's competitive beyond the first two teams?

bigman5570

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2017, 01:25:12 pm
That it's a conference that's competitive beyond the first two teams?

That or maybe the conference is lacking??? ???

CoolBreeze

SR30

Well that conference did post state champions last year as well as the 3rd place team last year. But yes we shall see..

SR30

All in going to say to Newport fans is "welcome to Mr. Rogers Neighborhood"

Wrestlingbeaver13

Yes sir sr30. Mr. ROGERS HAS A BUNCH OF ....... NEIGHBORS..... IS WHAT WE WILL CALL THEM.

Linebacker

Yep we will see Newport roll right on through to the second round! ;D

SR30

Now why would they want to come watch GR play in the 2nd round? They surely wouldn't wanna miss basketball would they?

Backer I'm assuming you are one of those who will never been seen on a GR thread again if ur team doesn't wim?

Linebacker

Now senior 30 I done told you I'm not a Newport fan? I'm just calling it like I see. I maybe right I maybe wrong we will find out here in a little. Newport rolls over the little beavers tonight!!   ;D

big lefty

Your right, Glen Rose has to be ready, there have been uninspired games. Prescott was not 1 of them. If not it'll be a tight game.
Kinda funny how all these folks think that Newport, a 5 seed, is gonna go in to Gr and win. Don't get me wrong, if Gr plays uninspired it'll be a game, but if they come out ready to play it will be a clocker.

whippersnapper

Joe Brodus carrying that wood for the greyhounds!!!  14-14 2nd qtr

big lefty

Glen Rose playing uninspired,Newport playing with a purpose

Linebacker

This one is playing out like I figured! Newport is on a roll!  ;D

owl84

whippersnapper

99yd TD KOR for the greyhounds to open the 2nd half. T. Friar with an incredible play at on that one. 21-14

ISU7

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 10, 2017, 08:23:32 pm
99yd TD KOR for the greyhounds to open the 2nd half. T. Friar with an incredible play at on that one. 21-14
G-Hounds💪

whippersnapper

Both defenses force 3 and outs to start the half.
Newport has been tough against the run while the hounds had 200 yards rushing in the first half.

SR30

Newport came to play for sure. Bouncing outside off tackle is killing us.

SR30

Gr starting to hit 3rd gear.. Newport still playing tough

big lefty

With 2 minutes to go in 3rd ,believe1 penalty and zero turnovers very clean game

Goose0

whippersnapper

whippersnapper

4th down and 4 for beavers. Timeout 8:03.

whippersnapper

Hounds force punt and take over at their own 8. Brodus with a big gain on 1st down to the 24.

whippersnapper

Hounds had 3rd &5. They give to Cox for a first down. 40 yard line.
1st down Brodus 6 yard run. 2nd and 4 46 yard line. 5:13 glen rose calls 2nd timeout.

whippersnapper

3rd and 2 after another carry by Brodus. 48 yard line

whippersnapper

Another brodus carry, first down hounds....4:24 and counting

whippersnapper

SR30

Hounds deserve the win.. our boys just couldn't contain 44.. best back in 3A.. congrats to Newport on Advancing.. love my Beavers through and through and we will be back next year.. until then so long FF

whippersnapper

WPWells

owl84

whippersnapper

47.5 seconds. Cox runs to the 1 yard line. 1 TO for GR. Hounds win 28-27!!!!

ISU7

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 10, 2017, 09:11:04 pm
Hounds 1st down. 1:40
Way to go Hounds 3-3A💪🏈
5th seed takes down the 1st seed out of 5-3A......

nastynice

Proud Buckaroo

jay nelvin

Goose0

ISU7

whippersnapper

As the saying in Newport goes..."There is magic those orange helmets" GO HOUNDS GO!!!

whippersnapper

Newport played an awesome game. No turnovers, no penalties.

501Arkansas

Newport wins

whippersnapper

Brodus had 198 yards and 2 TDs. Cox with 97 yards

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas